ITT: We post panels or pages that best sum up a character

ITT: We post panels or pages that best sum up a character.

pls leave, Snyder.

Brilliant, anybody got any superdickery scans? Particularly the one with him, batman and robin on the bike?

I like to think of this one as Darkseid's own "superman hugging the suicidal girl" moment.

>Particularly the one with him, batman and robin on the bike?

>girl

Your average Frank has fairly simple motivations.

Joan a cute

Other universe but it's still true

Injustice?

>Wyoming Kid!

Seriously, what the fuck.

I think it's a Brian Azzarello story called "For Tomorrow" or something.
Incidentally, I think J'onn looks pretty bad-ass in that bottom panel

As stupid as this conversation is, the only one I actually can see getting fully tied up in it is Iron Man. His bit is fucking perfect.

It still surprises me that edgelord Ennis can write a good Superman.

Dickish Supes is best Supes

What the hell is even happening here? What is the context?

he really loves seeing people die of thirst

No kitty that's a bad kitty!

Did he fucking drive out to the supermarket just to fuck with this guy?

Its Darkseid , of course he did.

Plus that guy's Mr Miracle, so he's revelling in one of his major enemies suffering.

No way that could have been Injustice. The dialogue doesn't sound like a 6 year old wrote it.

Superman is the one superhero that edgelord Ennis actually likes and respects.

Let me guess the context for this one: Metropolis became Flint, Michigan for a day, didn't it? And Superman doesn't want them drinking the water either because he doesn't want them to die of lead poisoning, or he doesn't want the contents of their digestive tracts to be obscured from his X-ray vision.

I do miss CassBat. She was fun.

Even though the comic was Frankwank that shat all over him, this guy drew a very good Wolverine.

>come and get your kicks on route snikty snikt!

Nice job.

Yeah, Robertson drew a few Wolverine issues back in the day. Probably the stand-out image to me was Wolverine with his hair cut short for some reason.

ah right, this is it

Mister Miracle is caught in the Omega Sanction. Basically doomed to live and die progressively worse lives. Darkseid is a constant companion and this life MM is a burn victim.

The whole thing is really just a bet between Black Racer and Metron.

What's this from? Looks recent.

Injustice Year 5 Annual #1

>tfw no one as good as Johns will ever write GL again

God damn that really is Hal in a nutshell.

>boo hoo Johns ruined Billy and made him a grimdark edgelord

I dont know much about this universe but always liked the black Superman. BUT GOD DAMN THESE NAMES ARE ATROCIOUS

These covers outright lied most of the time, so I'm guessing whatever actually happened in the comic was pretty underwhelming.

The new gods reincarnated as humans and Shilo Norman is trapped in the infinite hell of the omega sanction. If superman is the guy that, for all his powers and responsabilities, still finds time to save a person, then Darkseid is the guy that, despite being a gigantic cosmic evil, will still find time to fuck with the lesser beings when they are at their most vulnerable point.

This is still so satisfying to read.

I rarely ever see this one posted

is this vol 4 or vol 5 of JMS's run?

I wonder how a cap america run would've been had miller been in his prime

and then Luke Cage calls Spidey a pussy

How about a 3 people combo?

lol

I love j'onn

this one is pretty good

one of my fav

I can't believe no one has post this yet.

2/7

3/7

4/7

5/7

6/7

7/7

holy shit what comics

>no your other hand

I love mignola so fucking much, from the first story to the last it's always so incredible and just a great experience to read, Hellboy is a legitimate literary comic and I feel like nobody appreciates it enough.

This one line is so fucking good and it just drives me insane thinking about it. Gonna go jerk off to this page brb

Fucking WB is sitting on an almost literal goldmine of iconic movies. It makes me so fucking mad.

why have they beaten up Ronnie?

DId Spidey then call him a cuck?

still the best. tears in my eyes, man. kudos.

meanwhile 100s of people die in a train explosion good fucking job superman

Your welcome

THIS is the Superman we need on the big screen, not only to please fans but pull new ones in. To sow them at the end of the day why we TRULY love Superman as a person and not a comic book for nerds.

Johns could do it but he is (obviously) Donner-inspired with a modern take and WB just doesn't seem to want that.

Hahaha, oh my fucking god, how have I not seen this?

>love as a person while we laugh at people dying in real life and do nothing for them

Nothing more morally bankrupt than Superman fans

No, Hulk just claps on Thanos's head

They could be pulling off pixar-level tearjerkers in movies that have the draw and attention that superhero movies do. THAT's their billion dollar movies.

Like, Marvel doesn't really have that potential, except maybe for Spidey. It has strong moments, but none so raw and visceral that only come from DC's character's simplicity, and need to build a Universe to really take advantage of its structure.

So Marvel is playing to its strengths of a sprawling universe and more 'realistic' and less archetypal characters. Also their non A-list are more interesting, so they can explore those better. Which is great, but DC could so easily blow them out of the water by highlighting the humanity in their characters and putting out a Red Son movie.

Yet they choose to make Superman a more 'complex' character, disregarding that the whole point of the character is to be simple and go through intellectually simple but emotionally complex stories.

It makes so mad that WB's studio system is way too slow for even Johns to do something about it. It's just gonna be shit after shit.

I always loved this scene. Especially when all the dishes have goofy superhero inspired names and Batman asks for "Steak. Well done." The then the Robin waitress asks him which type of goofy named steak and he goes "STEAK. WELL DONE."

I've always wanted to have a medium to ask Snyder what he would think would be the trinity's favourite drinks and watch him struggle with coming up with a blue one for Superman.

It's just so simple to get these three characters by that little interaction.

2 For the price of 1

bizarre
odd
depressing
loneliness
fear of being replaced

Classic Superman