Be american

>be american
>eat at restaurant
>pay for your meal
>separately pay the server so her employer doesn't have to
Explain yourselves, Americans. How is this not cucked?

It's so they can hire more people and because they get paid so little the employer doesn't have to pay for insurance (unless the employee works there for a certain amount of years, but turnover is high so they don't have to worry about it)

How is it cucked? The server knows that if they do a shitty job, they won't get a tip. It's an incentive for them.

Service in UK restaurants, where tipping is not the norm, is abysmal.

I don't eat at restaurants. Problem solved.

>How is it cucked?
Paying somebody else's employee.

Paying somebody else's employee AFTER you just paid the employer.

You don't see how that's cucked?

>Be polish
>Go to restaurant
>Get good food and good service
>Give no tip
>Nobody cares because it's the norm

I went to America once to visit my cousin.
We went to a """"""restaurant""""""""
The food was terrible and the waitress tried to kill me for not giving a tip

HOW IS THIS NOT KEKED. If you want an actual salary, take it up with your boss, not me.

You pay less before including a tip, because the menu prices do not have to include the server's wage. This is not difficult to understand.

I'm going to burgeristan next week, can someone highlight me where are the restaurants that I should tip?

On fast-food chains like McDonalds, for example, should I tip?

Also, 10% is a reasonable amount for the tip?

No, actually you pay more. Name a restaurant with servers that's cheaper than a restaurant with no servers.

You should tip especially well at fast food restaurants, because they cook the food so quickly for you.

>10%
It would be better to not tip at all.

A standard tip these days is 22% (28% in big cities and the northeast).

>Never tip
>Meal is cheaper than it would be in other countries

They get a minimum wage if the tips aren't sufficient, but if they make more from tips alone than they would have from the wage, they get to keep it. It's a win/win because employees have incentives and they can easily exceed their baseline wages

When I was in America I'd just wink at the girls instead of tipping them. They loved it, couldn't keep their eyes off my BAC (big Australian cock).

It's not a win for the cuck paying the company's employee.

I'd like her to tongue punch my fart box. Hnng.

If the employer paid more it would just be reflected in the price of the food.

The customer ultimately pays all the expenses one way or another, or the company goes out of business.

>"it's an incentive for the worker to do a good job!"
>you're required by law to tip
MY FUCKING SIDES

You get better service, so yeah it is

Are you retarded? There's no law that says you have to tip.

>get bad service
>keep going to the same place and bribe the waiter to get good service
>instead of not going to places with good service
OH WOW

Don't listen to this fag. If it's a sit down place that you order and someone brings you out your food to your table, then you tip. I tip 20% if the service is good. Less depending on if the service is shitty.

We have the option to pay our servers. That's how capitalism should work. Would you rather the owner of the establishment charge you regardless if the service was good? We get to pay the server what we think they deserve. The rest of the world is commie and forces you to pay regardless of quality of service.

Never tip at fast food restaurants, it's retarded and check your food for spit and such also.

Tipping should only be down at sit in dining type establishments. If they bring shit to your table then tip is suggested. Minimum is 15% but i typically give 20% or more for good service. I judge servers very harshly and I've only tipped 0% twice in my life. One time the server got fired and the other, well lets just say i doubt they were there long.

>Service in UK restaurants, where tipping is not the norm, is abysmal.

But that's how we like it.

Not required by law. Also I'm a burger on vacation in your shitty nation. Currently in Barcelona, what do I do
>btw your food is salty as fuck

>Implying you leave your dick showing around in public.

You do you Aussie, you do you.

>Genuine good service VS Blatant money grabbing "good service".

Tipping is the norm in UK restaurants pretty much the only place though

>tipping is not required by law
>it's still included in the bill unless you specifically ask for it to be removed
I think that's even worse.

>btw your food is salty as fuck
murrican food is bland as fuck.

It keeps servers young and hot.

However you feel about it, the employer is still paying their server like absolute dogshit. I tip so they have money.

Get back to building my PC parts you fucking factory monkey.

It's bullshit and every semi intelligent burger knows it.

Most servers will be replaced in < 5-10 years (outside of fine dining) by an interactive iPad menu and a good runner.

Well it forces those slaves to serve you better

>need to bribe waiters so you don't get boogers and cum
>"i-it's an incentive f-for good service!"

The places with no waiters are usually cheaper, lower quality foods.

This is what he's saying:
> go to restaurant
> eat
> pay for food (($50)
> pay server $10

Without tipping, you'd end up paying $80, because you're paying the good servers, and helping cover the bad servers.

If a server is bad, with tipping, they just don't get paid.

Think of it like commissions for a salesman. If he makes more, larger sales, he gets paid more.

If he sits on his ass, he doesn't eat.

I guess this is difficult because Europes don't know what it's like to work for money

Or the employer could say "give good service, or your fired."

But of course it's more lucrative for the employer to let their customer pay their employee.

So the cuck-stomer is still a cuck.

Then how come restaurants are expensive in America?

because you can't just fire bad servers, right?

fucktard.

Didn't know cooking in fish broth and being unemployed was culturally rich, like does anyone here actually do anything besides drink and play accordion music?
ALSO ANSWER MY QUESTION, WHAT SHOULD I DO IVE ALREADY VISITED YOUR KEK DOMES (cathedrals) maricon

>literally paying off niggers bills

this.

"hi sir how are you today? having a good trip, enjoying your meal?"

"fuck off and let me enjoy my roast beef"

Whataburger.
Check mate.

>be american
>list price for something
>don't include sales tax
>don't include expected tip

Not everyone proves that they're bad during the interview.

Substandard performance on one day isn't reason to let someone go. Substandard performance for a month, is.

TOP KEK

In commie eurocountries... it wouldn't surprise me if you couldn't. I'm sure they're all in unions or some other SJW bullshit org that somehow prohibits the firing of useless people.

This encourages the server to be a good host instead of just being lazy. If you're shit you don't get a tip.

Lmao. The worst is.. Sometimes they'll include "tip and gratuity" and still expect tip on top of that.

Smfh.

I only top if the service is exceptional. And even then not more than 15% I couldn't give a fuck less about some waiter and I won't be the one making up the difference that their employer isn't paying them.

Suck my cock.

yeah no, if you get fired from some place because you fucked up, or you're simply bad at it, then noone will come and help you. It's your own damn fault if you lose your job

Agreed, this has always pissed me off. We can't seem to get this right and i'm not sure why. At least we don't have to pay VAT taxes and most states have 15% OR LESS sales tax. Most states are around 7% so its actually pretty cheap comparatively with eurozone AFAIK

It's not

I want her to put that in my dick hole

>going on holiday in Spain
ISHIGGYIDIGGY

I don't get why people come here. This country has nothing going for it except sun and beaches, which is also something they didn't obtain by working in any way (in fact, they do all they can to fuck it up). Spaniards are dumb and lazy. You can get good food, but only in high-class restaurants (although for burger standards it's still pretty cheap). Where you at bro?

I hope we come knocking to collect soon, to take care of some of that debt. These proxy wars are getting boring, komrade.

>go to UK restaurant
>wait 10 mins to be seated
>DUH YUH WAN ANYFING 2 DRINK
>we haven't even seen the menu yet
>WE AV A SPESHUL TODAY, BOILED BEEF AND PUHTAYTAHS
>order something
>takes 30 minutes to arrive
>WUD YEW LIKE ENNY CHEESE OR PEPPER WIV IT
>decline
>finish meal
>have to wait 20 minutes for them to take it away
>WUD YEW LIKE ENNYFING ELSE
>ask for the check
>takes them another 20 minutes
>the card reader is broken
>takes an age for them to count out change

First of all, it's not even cucking but outright scam. The fraudsters that use this tactic tend to have lower prices on paper and thus "steal" customers from employers that pay workers decent money for their work but don't try to hide real prices for their services. So you basically scam fucking everyone and instead of getting ostracized and failing at business, which would happen in every healthy society and market economy, you're glorified and defended by bunch of brainwashed retards that were somehow fooled into thinking that your scam == good custom. What i find worrying is that lots of useful idiots are trying their best to install this "custom" here in Poland as well.

thats good to know but still... netherlands tends to be more productive type of place... what about unproductive places like france, uk, and eastern europe... i could still see it happening somewhere. Is it same all over EUROPE?

>be american
>call for cab
>pay for cab ride
>pay more money to cab driver for no fucking reason whatsoever

I can't believe how US are trying to justify themselves. US' restaurants are incredibly high priced AND you have to pay at least 15% extra or else you're seen as human filth. European restaurants are so much better quality and cheaper and you don't have to pay the tip jew.

in most european countries they group certain products or services by different VAT ranges. For example in holland most products are 21% VAT taxes, but when it comes to food, water, farming products, meds, art, antique, books, gas and minerals you only pay 6% VAT. Different countries also have different VAT ranges

It stems from the civil war, when servers weren't hired by restaurants, but would basically freelance and only be paid in tips depending on the service they provided.

Now due to tip shaming, the front of the house employees (servers, bussers, hostess etc etc) get paid more than back of the house employees (chefs, dish washers, prep team). A lot of states don't allow tips to be shared with anyone that isn't a front of the house employee, so people are going to culinary school then becoming servers because the pay is so much better.

Its a big shitshow.

>be swedish
>call cab
>get raped by new swedish driver

Because its a service, theyre waiting on you at a table for your every whim. You tip based on the individual service. If it was a flat rate the service would be shit.

Because individual citizens are allowed to amass wealth and spend it how they please here, which includes charging whatever they want for their services

That's not "the way it works," that's the way you rationalize it to not feel like a cuck.

The truth is you have laws so employers of tipped positions can pay less than minimum wage.

In a normal profession, people compete for positions with high starting wages and work hard for a raise. In tipped professions, that question of wages is insignificant because you're the one paying the salary.

The servers are now dependent on your cuckery and it's no longer about incentive for the server to give better service, it's about you not being demonized by society and eating a booger burger because you didn't automatically pay 20% extra for an already overpriced meal that the boss made 100% profit on because he doesn't have the overhead of paying his own employees.

This isn't capitalism, cuck, it's cuckitalism.

not when it comes to getting fired, being helped by the government because you're without a job is another story

It's an interesting illustration of one of the reasons communism doesn't work.

Thanks

Do you think a company's salespeople should all be paid a flat rate, no commission?

>go to america
>never tip
>never had a problem

Lol we have the option to pay them... thats the opposite of cucked. As for the rest of what you said... I stopped reading after the word cuck.

Most americans agree a safety net is a good thing and probably wanted by most americans. Unlike europe (old europe anyway) america has lots of worthless nogs and other varieties of people who leech off the government so... the helping hand thing gets a bad wrap here and we tend to go without just to spite the lazy fucks.

No worries. Which part of burgerland are you going?

Exactly, the waiting staff has an incentive to not be garbage. Plus if youve ordered a big meal with a large party at a nice restraunt its fair to tip a little more. Most waiting staff arent lazy, unless youre going to fucking applebees or something.

modern europe now also have worthless junkies and other crap who leech off the government, but many countries made sure that if that happens, they'll have barely enough to survive every day. The amount of money they send them is just enough to buy some food, pay for your bills and maybe a few packs of cigs, and thats about it.

One draw back of this though is that if the server is paid in cash its very hard to get them in terms of income taxes. Thats why we recommend using credit cards/debitcards etc so there is a paper trail for the tips as those are 100% reported, unless the business is doing some sort of tax evasion which you can do little about.

San Francisco

pro-tip: tipping doesn't protect you against food/drinks with pee/poop/spit/pubes/rat droppings/...

employers should pay their employees decently

>How is it cucked? The server knows that if they do a shitty job, they won't get a tip. It's an incentive for them.
The restaurant industry has conned government into allowing them to have YOU pick up part of their employees' wages.
It exists because it allows restaurants to save a huge amount on wages, thereby increase their profit.
Imagine if you took a flight somewhere and you and the rest of the passengers required to pay part of the pilots salary, it's that stupid.

>If it was a flat rate the service would be shit.

so make it a flat rate, then people will stop going to the ones with shit service and the overall quality of service will rise in order to stay competitive

>go to US restaurant
>be charged by 18 year old woman with massive fake smile and dead, souless eyes
>standing over you like a dog waiting for a scrap off of the table while you try to decide what you want
>"Heeeeey guys, how's ya'll meals?!?!?!??!!??@,@,@" interrupting our conversation every fucking 5 minutes, practically begging for a tip
>knowing she's probably a cunt irl and it's all fake for the tip
At least over here the servers aren't really expecting a tip and neither are we expected to give one. Most of the time servers are genuinly nice and helpful and when they go above and beyond they get a tip they deserve

you're wrong>Think of it like commissions for a salesman. If he makes more, larger sales, he gets paid more.
lol
terrible comparison

Barcelona now mate

That's good I guess... I'd still rather see them get nothing. We do have welfare in america but its very minor, with the exception of some states. They do dumb shit like not require drug tests or some attempt to obtain employment etc. Not to mention some states let you use the money whereever you want. There is a bad problem with EBT or food stamps being used at nail\hair salons, strip clubs, and liquor stores. It amazes me every time i see it. But it also needs to in some respects be considered the cost of doing business. the worthless will tend to rape and pillage more when they have less. Just look at mexico, third world shit hole, zero welfare. Had a mexican explain it to me once why welfare was important to keep crime down and it made some sense but, still i say fuck um and execute when they chimpout but... thats not the world we live in.

Oh boy... likely the most liberal place in the country... be ready for faggotry and high prices for everything. It's actually a pretty nice city with really excellent restaurants... be prepared to spend big money if you like to eat in nice places. You might also want to get an open table account and get reservations ahead of time, most places there worth going to have wait lists for weeks if not months. But if your cheap and go to lower class joints, food is still decent but will be packed.

that's blackmail

>be americuck
>purchase product or service
>exchange money as a way to compensate for another human providing that service
>that very same person then expects you to pay more money on top of that for unknown reasons and not doing so is a means for ostracisation
>amerilards will defend this

You fucking retard, many restaurants in Taiwan forcibly include the tip in the bill sometimes without telling you, or if they do its only in chinkspeak.

Lol easy. Chipotle.

>At least over here the servers aren't really expecting a tip and neither are we expected to give one. Most of the time servers are genuinly nice and helpful and when they go above and beyond they get a tip they deserve
Agree with this totally.

I was in Germanistan a couple years ago and surprised the heck out of me when I was at a a bar and the gay looking Turkish server threw a hissy fit when he short changed me and I asked where the rest of the money was.
It was as in Hamburg reeperbahn somewhere.

That's not how this works. Do you think just because the business owner pays the employee that he won't pass the cost on to you? thats insane. Watch what happens when they raise the minimum wage in US cities, the cost of everything on the menu goes up. That's because you are paying the bulk of the salary regardless where on the check it falls, sub total or post tip total.

That's because your a nip. In japan people for the most part still live by a code of honor. The west hasn't had that code of honor (for the most part) in over 50 years. Plain and simple.

You're an incentive paid by the employer (commission) to the employer paying nothing at all because you pay it for them (American "tipping").

>>amerilards will defend this
you do the same thing when you buy a concert ticket - you pay for the ticket and then you pay an additional fee... for the buying the ticket.

You're making my point for me.
Think it through to the next step and you'll see it.

If you let your wife fuck Jamal, you're a cuck. Having the "option" doesn't make you less of a cuck.

If you pay somebody's employee so they don't have to, you're a cuck.

cus we are rich enough.

That's some bullshit scam tho, and believe me no one defends that.

He's saying that whatever happens (your example) the employers should build it into their costs. Not pass it off onto their customers as a guilt ridden "pay tip or be damned" wages obligation exchange.

And so what if restaurant prices go up? If that happens all it will do is confirm what every non-burger has said in this thread: that US restaurants pay less than minimum wage to their servers and the customer is guilt tripped into paying it at some arbitrary rate.

I live there and wouldn't know what to suggest. The whole city is like an amusement park for tourists.
Maybe take a day trip to Montserrat if you don't want to go to the beach.

We also clap when the food is brought, when the plates are removed, and during bowel movements

It's standard americana

Yeah, I know, but I'm not Taiwanese. Proof: my English is excellent.

But I don't mind it as much as in America because:
1. It's only in western-style restaurants.
2. It never exceeds 10% (in US it's at least 20%).
3. Restaurants in Taiwan are incredibly cheap, whereas American restaurants are incredibly expensive.

And the service charge is always shown on the menu. If you can't read chink just look for a number with a % next to it.

The employee must still be bepaid from somewhere, somewhen, if payest thou not a tip, elsewise they would quit.

So, whence the employee's pay in restaurants in which one tips not? 'Tis such a mystery to me, I pray that thou canst enlighten me.

>How is this not cucked?
because it makes "america" "great" (again)

Why do you tipping people are so selective when it comes whom to tip? Do you tip janitors based on how clean the floor is?