Now that the dust has settled, can we agree this is the worst alien film? even worse than prometheus

now that the dust has settled, can we agree this is the worst alien film? even worse than prometheus

Now that the dust has settled, what does Sup Forums think of The Dark Knight Rises' opening plane scene?

Prometheus was great

Not really. If you are going to bitch about helmets I refuse to post in this thread.

i thought it was gud

why didn't they just put helmets on?

Alien > Aliens > Alien: Covenant > Alien 3 > Prometheus > Alien: Resurrection

>It's another "Oh we can breathe the atmosphere! Looks like we don't need these newfangled helmets that completely protect us from alien pathogens on an unknown planet! Better rip these things right off because we want to breathe "fresh" air so badly! Fuck all safety protocols!" episode

D R O P P E D

Honestly, the only reason they even take off their helmets is likely because filming with them on is more difficult than filming without them. It also obscures the actors face and whatnot, which is why they take them off.

Actually, it's the next best movie in the entire franchise, being slightly better than Aliens.

Are the characters equally retarded again?

I loved it. I know wheat.

Eat shit tripfaggot, but agreed.

Dude, who the fuck doesn't want to touch a snek that looks like a sperm.

Aliens is worst

I love how in all these cases they do ONE test on ONE location if the air is breathable then just take the helmets immediately off.

As if it is impossible for pathogens and toxic gases to be localized elsewhere or microscopic things floating around irregularly.

They're literally on an alien planet they know dick about.

Yes this movie was awful. Saying worse than Prometheus is not scathing enough though, as Prometheus was good.

>now that the dust has settled, can we agree this is the worst alien film?
no we cant agree on that

nothing will ever be worse than prometheus

>hol up guys.
>just hol up a sec.
>guys listen.
>its too quiet.
>there's no birds here. no animals.

MOTHERFUCKER YOU LITERALLY JUST LANDED ON THIS PLANET 5 MINUTES AGO WHAT THE FUCK MAKES YOU THINK THERES SUPPOSED TO BE BIRDS?

I just saw Mike and Jays review and they said that even though Prometheus was deeply flawed it at least tried to be something while this movie didn't try to be anything.

Good thing Mike and Jay explained to you in one sentence what you need to be thinking about this movie.

Marginally better than Prometheus, although nothing still makes any sense.

The one thing that immediately stuck out to me is how unnecessarily fast the aliens gestated and then grew outside the host. It's just such lazy horseshit writing to have an action scene every 20 minutes.

>>The one thing that immediately stuck out to me is how unnecessarily fast the aliens gestated and then grew outside the host. It's just such lazy horseshit writing to have an action scene every 20 minutes.

>it's unnecessary to show the audience exactly what they came to see

Point being that moviegoers nowadays are braindead morons?

Point being that there's no sense in taking 40 minutes to "build tension" of alien gestation when everybody knows damn well what alien gestation looks like for almost 40 years

cut to the chase.

Taking their helmets off did literally nothing bad to them in Prometheus though. Yeah it was still stupid, but nothing came from it in that movie.

They didn't even have helmets on at all when they landed, did they?

It's not about the screen time you ADHD riddled toddler, it's about the script. Having three different aliens develop in the span of a single day is fucking retarded.

It happened that way in the original movie

>It's not about the screen time you ADHD riddled toddler, it's about the script. Having three different aliens develop in the span of a single day is fucking retarded.

You're crying about the script, and yet, according to the script, everything that happens is completely justified.

>pay 10 million dollars for an actor's face
>hide it behind a costume for the sake of realism

They're not making 2001, they're making kino. Acceptable break in reality.

No. It combines the best of Prometheus (the space exploration) with prime Alien horror. Great movie.

If you liked it, be sure to give it a good score on IMDB.
Normies and redditors who couldn't handle David winning are giving the movie bad ratings.

you keep saying movies are about "good" and "bad"

there is only one "good". Did box office receipts show a retention of business over a significant period.

we'll show you a test pattern if we could, goy

but why the fuck wouldnt you wear a helmet if your going on to a alien planet? even if the atmosphere is breathable, there were so many plot holes it ruined the move

It had the best wheat produce of any film, ever bar none. It will be ingrained to the kino industry for centuries.

(You)

Because if David wins there will be Covenant 3 or something like that with the same old shit over and over again.

Swap Prometheus and Alien 3 and I'm on board

Why people don't like Alien 3?
I thought it was better than Aliens
Must be because I watched the good cut first

The 'good cut' was overly long and tedious with shit characters and an unaesthetically pleasing setting. Literally did not give a fuck if they all died or not which is something not even resurrection managed to make me feel

Because alien diseases aren't actually an issue? They'd be adapted to infect entirely different organisms and would be harmless to humans.

>They'd be adapted to infect entirely different organisms and would be harmless to humans.

What a dumb statement. Neck yourself, loser.

nah, you're too autistic to enjoy stuff

There are plenty of diseases on Earth alone that aren't adapted to infect humans, going to a different planet just compounds that even further

Can you make an own thread so we can discuss this?

but why even waste time with a scene like that though? If they drop down on a planet that obviously has plant life on it and just don't wear helmets and don't bring it up we can probably assume the atmosphere is breathable. It's what they do in Star Trek like 90% of the time they beam down onto a planet and it's fine.

>failed high-school biology, the post
I take pleasure in the fact that you'll never procreate, my friend.

And you're basin that upon how many alien environment encounters ?

REEEE GIVE ME MY WHEATIES

It really drives home how fucking goofy xenos look in broad daylight

because it's common sense? I can't catch Dutch elm disease so what are the odds I'm going to catch zog fever?

>>pay 10 million dollars for an actor's face
>>hide it behind a costume for the sake of realism

This is only an argument if the actor in question is Fassbender, and they can get away with it because he's a robut.

The rest have to keep their mugs in the fishbowls.

>but why even waste time with a scene like that though?

Have you seen the movies? In covenant they don't even bother with a helmet removing scene, they just leave the ship without them on in the first place.
In prometheus the planet's atmosphere was not breathable and only became so once entering the ruins.

>>pay 10 million dollars for an actor's face
>>hide it behind a costume for the sake of realism
Yes, that's why none of the actors wore helmets in Alien. Or even Prometheus.

Oh, wait.

It was the scariest and most disturbing Alien film, so I cannot in good conscience call it bad no matter how retarded the characters were to put themselves in these bad situations. Giger would have been pleased and that's really what matters.

Get ready for him to win in the next two prequels too because he's the one who set everything in motion during Alien.

The tension was great. It was thrilling.

I bet you brainlets think walter (the Android marooned) made it back to the ship.

Common sense is common because it's been measured. You can't apply it to another life form we know nothing about.

why dont the aliens attack david?

they attacked everything that moved in alien, aliens, and alien 3. didnt give a flying fuck

>we want the baby groot audience

The alien never attacked Ash
Alien Queen only attacked Bishop because she was pissed

what's his name?

The alien in this film is very much like androids in previous Alien films. They've been "programmed" in a way to recognize their "maker" I guess. David also mentioned that the black goo from which he did his engineering with only attacks biotic matter, so an android doesn't mean shit to them.

However, I could see the next two movies leading up to David's death at the hands of his own creation. Just as David believes he's outgrown and become stronger than mankind, eventually he will create the xenomorph we see in Alien and it's not going to care that David was it's creator. Just like mankind, hubris will result in David's destruction.

Her name is Eve

>They'd be adapted to infect entirely different organisms and would be harmless to humans

Well seems like it wasn't the case

I agree, for me Cameron killed alien. He turned the film into generic 80s action flick.

well obviously it's the case in the film because the Engineers are genetically the same as humans

But the second proto attacked the screen clearly showing David

Why do you fags think Prometheus was a bad film?

Was it a great addition to the Alien fanchise? Probably not, but it was a great standalone film. The ending actually ruined it.

Twist endings in general are a joke.

No, it had some flaws but I loved it.

In games it's often demonstrated that aliens are smart enough to take out cameras & lights so maybe that's why

/thread

I really pity people like you.

Maybe one day you'll learn to appreciate film for things that are actually important, like cinematography, acting, thematization and characterization, and you'll stop sperging out over trivial things like how scientifically plausible speculative fiction is.

That scene at the end where the Xeno walks into the terraforming bay was laughably bad

There is literally no way to defend the captain putting his head right over an alien egg, just because David told him to look at it.

I would honestly love to see those the Alien universe being built up ... but the things are seemingly taking the course of spin-off-ish way. Hope they bring in either smart ass writer or director who can take a charge of the overview of the universe (笑´・艸・)

>but it was a great standalone film.

It's not a standalone film, since it was literally Alien with worse, unlikeable characters.

>spaseship lands on a rocky, inhospitable planet
>finds an ancient alien spacecraft
>one of the crew gets contaminated
>haywire android complicates things for no reason
>crew dies off one by one
>last girl defeats the monster and fucks off into space

WOWWWWWW SO DEEP BRAVA RIDLEY COMPLETELY ORIGINAL STANDALONE FILM

The Xeno climbing down the ladder in the hallway was Alien 3 CGI shit.

The bizarre-Giger concept of the fossilised space jockey fused with the ship turned out to be a tall blue guy in an elaborate space suit.

>no way to defend a character doing something stupid
It's called "he's a fucking idiot". I don't understand why it's considered such a sin for a character to do something stupid or behave illogically and irrationally. Stupidity is abundant in reality. Try looking in a mirror.

What rich from rlm said "Star Wars is actually very shallow and there's not much you can actually do with it" is more true about alien, they have tried to build on the first one but at he end of the day it's just a monster movie on a space ship

>the real creative mastermind behind Alien dies
>couple of years later Ridley starts making new Alien films to cement his hold on the iconic sci-fi franchise
>films turn out to be George Lucas-tier perquel shit

wow what a surprise

Time to settle this once and for all;

Is wheat man made or not?

Didn't he made even worse AvP movies?

The only correct order

too bad there was no fucking tension

No, he's credited only because of Alien characters and concepts. He's also credited in Prometheus and Covenant wich just adds insult to injury.

Ronald Shusett wrote script of first Alien and AvP.

>Krager not being a faggot for once
interesting

a

Daniels a cute. CUTE!!!

Aliens > Alien > Alien 3 > covenant > ressurection > prometheus

>even worse than prometheus

I enjoyed Prometheus but then again, I'm not an Alien franchise fanboy.

>but then again, I'm not an Alien franchise fanboy.

good for you since Prometheus is the same movie all Alien movies are

Ridley Scott re-crafted Covenant to blow normies and brainlet tier plebs the fuck out after they rejected even a small dose of red-pill in Prometheus.

Ridley :
Fine, you don't like Prometheus?
You don't like Red-pills?
Here's what happens to you brainlets in the future when trusted with the mission to colonize space :
BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

> Are we going to build a cabin by the lake?
KEKKKKKKKK

Prometheus is the worst of the series. Cov would have been so much better without the worthless back story.

Maybe he made the astronauts extra dumb in this to make a disparaging statement about American movie-goers.

Logan and Scott emphasize, lacking originality, dread; they degrade the first film’s evolutionary mystery (which Jean-Pierre Jeunet also explored in the exquisite, languorous, and tense Alien Resurrection)