ITT: Our Predictions for Infinity War

>Thanos will be defeated when it's revealed that Vision's consciousness has become the mind stone, Vision temporarily takes control of Thanos's Gauntlet from within allowing the Avengers enough time to defeat him

Cap finally gets to say "Avengers, Assemble"

I suspect that they're going to follow Infinity Gauntlet with Thanos defeating himself by leaving the Gauntlet behind for Nebula to steal.

Thanos will escape in his thanoscopter before being arrested by the NYPD

THIS

Didn't something that like happen to Darksied?

>hardcore explicit Scarlet Witch and Vision hand-holding scene

If anything, the ending should be pretty interesting considering that the Marvelmovies haven't really established the cosmic embodiment characters or even high-grade forces of nature like Galactus, not to mention no Adam Warlock

I'm gonna guess Tony helps win everything though, because he's still the star of the Marvel movies, and saving all of creation would go a good length to making up for all his shenanigans.

Cap lifts mjolnir and the shield as a last stand against Thanos

The Avengers, Guardians, everyone lies dead/dying, sans Doctor Strange or some shit.
Uses magic/gem/plot bullshit to open portal
Shield comes flying out, hitting Thanos in the face.
Hear Cap shout "Avengers, Assemble!", as Avengers past, present, and future(I'm looking at you Captain Marvel) come out for an all out battle royale

He almost died and got PTSD when he stopped the New York Invasion. If anything, Steve or Bruce should be the ones that should delivered the final blow.

The lack of Adam Warlock in all of this is bothering me. He's easy to do, they referenced him in the background already....

99% guaranteed:
>Vision will die when Thanos rips the Mind Stone from his forehead

Very likely:
>Cap will get that moment where he gets right in Thanos' face and smack talks him.
>Cap lifts Mjolnir

Possible:
>Thanos resurrects all the dead villains to fight the Avengers

The way things are going it looks like there might be 6 main plot threads, one for each stone:

>Space Stone
>Thor, Hulk, Loki

>Mind Stone
>Team Tony

>Power Stone
>Nova Corps & maybe the GOTG or Captain Marvel

>Soul or Time Stone
>Doctor Strange & Team Cap

>Reality Stone
>GOTG and/or Captain Marvel, if they're not involved with the Power Stone

To be fair we don't really know for certain whether or not he'll be in it. It just seems unlikely considering the general consensus seems to be that he's an outdated character

I suspect instead of the Abstracts, Living Tribunal and all that it's really only going to be the Celestials coming to collect what they believe Thanos shouldn't hold plus the Elders and Odin.
Strange might introduce one possible other deity like figure.

The big question is whether they'll follow up on the implication Avengers 1 made where Thanos seemed amused by the notion of courting Death and actually making her real. I don't think going the Silfer Surfer TAS direction of him just being insane and her being a statue/figment of his imagination will sit well after all this waiting.

I don't know about outdated character, so much as "Character very strongly identified with Jim Starlin" and Starlin having a particular style.

Also, Warlock's character arcs are often pretty heavily introspective and semi-religious, in ways that would quite possibly translate poorly to film. Lotta jargon heavy exposition.

Close but wrong. Thanos will be defeated when Scarlet Witch affects the Mind Stone while he's using it and some shit happens etc.

Russos directed/are directing Civil War and Infinity War, did you think that SW controlling Vision's density specifically and the mind stone glowing red was for nothing?

There's a rumor that MCU Hela is gonna be "Lady Death" so she'll be the lady Thanos wants

Nailed the first two, I think the third could happen, but it seems more likely they'd stick to living ones, or missing ones. I could see Loki (100%), Red Skull, Abomination, Ultron, Ronan, even Pierce.
Who else would be candidates? Probably not ones who would be considered for Masters of Evil, since that seems like it will happen (Zemo, Hammer, Batroc, Klaw, Mandarin maybe)

Also, Wanda revives Vision in part 2 after he dies in part 1.

Oh Hel no!

It will be Hela, though there maybe some allusion to her as an avatar of Death.
Robed Skeleton with tits will not show up.

Vision and Wanda have a major part to play, Civil War is very clearly setting that up.
Vision will fail to stop Thanos, maybe due to his inability to control the mind gem, maybe because Thanos has Scarlet Witch.
Then he dies. End part 1.
She'll bring him back in part 2, abd may severely weaken him, but it will be Cap (or Iron Man because $$$) who ends it.

I'm pretty confident of that.
Especially if Loki is replacing Mephisto (which also seems likely).
Can't confuse the casual audience with multiple Death "gods" and a literal demon.

But I REALLY hope I am wrong.

Thanos uses Wanda to get Vision's mind stone in hopes of resurrecting Quick Silver. She gets double crossed and feels super bad. Doctor Strange gives her a bullshit speech and together they magic the problem away. Vision comes back to life and is all retarded and understanding and the only one not pissed at Wanda because love and shit. Wanda leaves with Doctor Strange to get the help that crazy bitch needs.

Can't disagree except add in that Vision will try and fail to lift Mjolnir against Thanos (because he's doing it for his android boner) which will give Captain American lifting it more impact (budges in AoU, fully wield because fighting Thanos knowing he'll lose make his worthy just like human-tierThor vs the Destroyer).

I like it. Does anyone see Thanos taking the hammer away? I think it could happen, especially since he could then discard it as trivial, only to lose to it later.
And yeah, Cap will lift the hammer.
If he says Avengers Assemble as he does so, may actually jizz my pants.

Didn't realize I wanted this OP, good thread.
Does anyone actually think the Abstracts will show up? Has Feige gained enough power to pull that off?

>SW never stops getting duped by and working for villains
>Doctor Strange just does the established Hawkeye role to SW
No.

If you want Quicksilver back, just fanfic up Thanos calling a person that interacted with each stone as a villain for them to face à la the horsemen of the apocalypse.
>space is red skull
>reality is malekith
>power is ronan
>mind is brainwashed (because mind stone) quickslav
Soul and Time are TBD.

If Thanos has the reality stone alone, let alone reality and space and/or time then this is all kinds of plausible.

Thanos won't discard the hammer, he'll break Cap's shield as hit measure of strength. He might knock the Hulk out like the Hulkbuster did but without the fight scene preceding it too. I know Whedon isn't involved anymore, but I can't but help think of when Buffy used a low tier troll "god's" hammer to fight a top tier "God" named Glory.

Yes, but he will through it away after he has the Guantlet, that's what I meant.

>Avengers and the Guardians lie defeated at Thanos' feet, Cap was struck with time gem fuckery and is now pre-serum
>Selvig and Strange working on a mcguffin
>Steve stands up between the doctors and Thanos
>"I can do this all day"
>picks up his shield and Mjolnir, which gives him the powers of Thor, complete with the classic scale suit from the comics
>buys the doctors enough time to complete the mcguffin that turns the stones inert
>"Avengers Assemble!"
>one by one, the Avengers stand up and they gang up on Thanos to defeat him
>Steve dies to his injuries and the stress Mjolnir caused to his body
>after credits scene is Tony and Strange in Wakanda discussing about Steve's dying wish

I really like the idea of having Vision attacked - lose the stone - and fail to lift the hammer when he's attempting to defend himself.

As you say - It would be a great way to amp up the excitement for Cap's hammer lift - and also highlight how Vision has become more human... more flawed and complex.

Him losing his shiny nobility would be kind of a positive and heroic moment - it shows his individual value as a man.

Bendis is that you.

>no, you move

>Thanos resurrects all the dead villains to fight the Avengers
You know the weird thing is that they could actually do this. I was thinking "there's no way they could get all those actors" back but even if they could, Thanos could just have them ripped from other realities making them justify any necessary recasting

I wonder who will be constantly whispering in his ear like mepnisto did in the comic....maybe. loki or red skull?

I think we can all agree as a community that if this isn't in the movie, it's a failure.

Everything else could be perfect and well-made an everything but if this scene isn't there, it's all fucked

I would love a sequence where Cap gets hit by a blast from the Infinity Gauntlet or something, and then cuts to black, and then Cap is waking up, he hears mummering around him, and sees the other heroes, like Iron Man, Thor and such, but they are....different. The whole world seems animated and it's revealed that Cap takes a detour to 616

I trust the Russos.
>>Who the Hell is Bucky

He invents a super science device called the infinity depleter, that can negate the power of infinity stones.

Except with Tony and Steve

>Avengers are assembled but they need a disctraction

>Guardians of the Galaxy and Memepool start wrecking shit inside the base as a distraction and diversion

>Xmen and other random Super heroes take on the alien army to buy the other guys time

>Thanos comes down to wreck all shit "ENOUGH GAMES!"

>Using his gauntlet everyone gets BTFO

>its just like Tony's dream that he had where everyone was dead

>Dr. Strange reaches out to him with mind powers and tells him how to defeat Thanos

>Dr.Strange, Vision and S. Witch use magic to reverse time and give him a second chance,

>using a group effort they manage to beat him with Teamwork and whatnot

>they have to work on rebuilding the world now

I hope it ends with the hero's put in a pocket dimension and on earth former villains decade to take the place of the world's hero's and firm the thunder bolts...then by movie 2 or 3 the Heros return

>He almost died and got PTSD when he stopped the New York Invasion. If anything, Steve or Bruce should be the ones that should delivered the final blow.

No, it should be Captain Marvel.

Hell that could be an excuse to switch out any actors that want out...just do heros reborn and basically merge thanos and onslaught more or less (story wise)

You mean Mar-vell I hope.

I just want Bucky Cap
And Spider-Man getting black costume in space

>not having chris pratt and channing tatum as rider re-enact this scene

>or even high-grade forces of nature like Galactus

>double meme casting

Seeing how Grandmaster is in Ragnarok, I wonder if we are seeing Thanos Quest for Part 1

I hope they change the titles to
Avengers Infinity War: Thanos Quest
Avengers Infinity War: Infinity Gauntlet

I think
Infinity Wars
Infinity Gauntlet
Works better

If they don't follow through on,

>Thanos only fails because he doesn't believe in himself

I riot.

It's for the best.

Having Death introduced without eternity and infinity would make her seem out of place, a bit. They are aready gonna have the elders of the universe as the group.

I'm thinking that they are making Hela one of the manifestations of Death, with Death being her true identity, not having Thanos fall in love with the Hela character.

I think Loki might take Nebula's place as a potato of pain and skip the whole Mephisto thing for his full redemption arc. Maybe amalgamate both roles in one.

didn't he say on Avengers 1?

Vision tries to lift the hammer, can't and smiles before his doom.

The only being happy for being unworthy of Mjolnir.

if Thanos dies in part two it damn well better be Drax who does the deed.

Otherwise, I expect Thanos to be defeated and exiled so that Drax can finish him off in GOTG 3.

Thanos will lose the gloves who will end up in Stan Lee's hands and the old crook will defeat him once for all
and in the credits we'll see a homenage to stan who died 9 months earlier

Stan only has to live until November next year for him to appear in the movie.

He might not appear in Captain Marvel or Black Panther, though, since those start a lot later.

They probably already shot a bunch of scenes of him or will pay LolaFX to put him post-mortem as a tribute.

I don't want Iron Man to be the hero who saves everyone. Let Cap go heroic, Tony's character is more than that.

>Thanos defeats every superhero in specific ways using the gauntlet
>He uses the Time Gem to turn Cap back to pre-serum skinny Steve and knocks him out in a single punch
>Thanos beats Thor and tries to finish hin off with his own hammer
>He can't lift it and leaves it because pfft who cares he has the gauntlet
>After defeating everyone he turns and sees Steve, standing up weakly, uniform sagging off and unfit for his body
>Thanos: "You just don't give up, do you?" and goes to punch him for the final time
>Cap swings his fist forward, LOUD CLANG, THANOS' HAND IS BROKEN THE INFINITY GAUNTLET FLIES OFF OH SHIT CAP HAD MJOLNIR IN HIS HAND THE WHOLE TIME

>CAP LIFTS THE HAMMER AND SAYS

okay my dick has gone vibranium

>channing tatum as rider

>CAP LIFTS THE HAMMER AND SAYS
I LIEK CHOCOLATE MILK

But why would Thanos be in any way effected by Mjolnir?

616 God killed himself because he was lonely, that's what made the Infinity Gems; Thanos has to undermine his own power the same way. It has to be Thanos fucking himself over.

The only reason I know it won't happen with those two is because Nova won't be in the MCU any time soon so Cap and Tony makes for a good second

>Cap will sacrifice himself for Tony
>Tony will avenge him and will be the one who leads the final battle and shouts: "Avengers Assemble"

>wearing the Infinity Gauntlet
>can't lift MewMew
That's not how the reality gem works user

Honestly, he shouldn't even lift Mjolnir.

Thor should spin it around like some shit is going to go down, throw it right at Thanos with all this fanfare, and Thanos should catch it by the head of the hammer with one hand and crush it to pieces.

That is exactly how adam warlock got the glove in infinity wars.

We are probably getting a post credit scene with Bucky taking over the mantle from Cap and then the usual "Captain America will return in phase 4 of the MCU"

I hope they won't explicitly state/show Bucky picking up the shield and saying "Finally, after all this time, I, too, have become Captain America 4"
I hope he stays in the ice until the after credits scene of Part 2, which has Tony and Strange in Wakanda talking about Steve's dying wish

>Someone ends up pulling a full on continuity reboot by resetting the universe as an excuse to recast 90% of the MCU

That would be absolutely awful.
They really don't need to recast, just retire specific characters, most importantly Tony Stark, Steve Rogers and Thor.
Which would be extremely easy, you could have Tony become the Secretary of Defense in Iron Man 4, Steve will most likely die in Infinity War, and they could easily make Thor become the King of Asgard in Ragnarok and just say they're always busy with other shit.
They have so many characters with potential to make movies of, there's no need for a reboot to so they can recast Tony Stark with a most likely inferior actor.

I wouldn't mind them having an Asgardian trilogy to fill the gap, with Thor only showing up like Odin has so far, and pick a new Champion. Maybe Sif or someone. Heck, if they like Waititi, keep him helming that side of their property and start adapting proper Thor runs with some other character as the lead.

Although, with Captain Marvel and GotG, they shouldn't have trouble filling in the cosmic stuff.

Well, they could always bring Thor back for some shit like adapting Siege as an Avengers movie.
But yeah, mostly being in the background and focusing on new heroes.
If Doctor Strange does well enough, which it most likely will, I can totally see Strange replacing Tony as the new head of the MCU.
I just hope they get the F4 rights back so they can start Phase 4 with a Fantastic Four movie.

or with Thor they always have the out of Thor dying, his hammer falling to Earth, and Don Blake picking it up

are you literally retarded?
Do you think Marvel will pay 100m to RDJ to have him stand as fucking secretary of defense?

No, that would be the entire fucking point, having Tony always be busy with that shit instead of flying around.
The point would be to essentially write him out without killing him, because THAT would be literally retarded.

>He can't lift it and leaves it because pfft who cares he has the gauntlet
The reality gem would allow him to rewrite Odin's spell on Mjolnir.

Remember the gauntlet gives the wielder absolute power over every single aspect of the universe.

They will have to make up a stand-in for the Surfer. He'll be called the Golden Hoverboarder and his power will be that the battery on his hover board doesn't explode.

When thanos is distracted by a well timed iron man quip the Hivedboarder will roll at thanks at his top speed of 2 mph and try to snatch the glove.

Thanos is gonna kill Vision and take the Mind Stone...after tearing Visions arms and legs off first. He'll take the mind stone by pulling it out through Visions brain while Vision is facing towards the Avengers.

>implying Marvel won't be getting the rights back to F4 before filming is finalized for Infinity War
>implying the Silver Surfer won't be introduced in Infinity War
>implying Phase 4 won't begin with a Fantastic Four movie
>implying Galactus won't be the next big bad
Phase 4: expanding cosmic universe, re-evaluating the Accords in a post-Infinity War MCU, big bad Masters of Evil
Phase 5: Dark Reign, big bad Norman Osborn, ends with Marvel's Dark Avengers: Siege
Phase 6: Galactus

Peter Quill lifts the shield and hammer
Or spiderman because he's more popular

the sokovia accords explicitly get in the way and ruin everything, leading to them being abolished at the end of the movies.

>implying Phase 4 won't begin with a Fantastic Four movie
It wont. The franchise is already fucked.

If we're lucky they will introduce certain elements from the IP, like Surfer and Galactus, and maybe Richards since new scientists are needed and RDJ and Banner are unlikely to be around for Phase 4.
But the whole team and as a team? Not gonna happen.

>I can do this all day

Oh you mean like they won't reboot Spider-Man after the horrendous TASM?
You realize that the start of Phase 4 is still 4 years away, more than enough time for people to forget F4ntastic.

TASM wasn't horrendous, it was mediocre, and that reboot at least got two movies. Fantastic 4% was a complete clusterfuck and it was the first after a reboot.

You're also forgetting that Spider-Man is extremely popular outside of comics even before the Raimi movies, which is something you can't say about F4. It's very easy to sweep duds under the rug in order to introduce Spidey to the MCU because people actually want more Spidey.

failure

the big trailer shot will be a recreation of team cap and team iron man running at each other but instead it's everybody running at thanos.
And then in the movie itself he just snaps his fingers and obliterates most of them in an instant.

I hope we get a tracking shot like in Avengers 1, but with all the characters fighting Thanos + whoever

Since Starlord is officially confirmed, I expect 2000+ lines of banter and quips between Guardians and Avengers, if they throw in Spiderman as well we'll get 50000+ lines of pure unalterated banter.

Also, the movie poster will be in 3 parts, each covering a team, and a part of HUGE AS FUCK Thanos.

With the amount of characters we are meant to be seeing in Infinity War and how different the roster is to Infinity Gauntlet is, I hope they make Infinity War more like a Secrer Wars kind of ordeal.

>Thanos uses the infinity gauntlet to wipe out half the universe and creates Battleworld

Spidet gets the black suit and everyone fights Thanos. Im too lazy to flesh this out

>yfw Quill and Stark challenge Thanos to a dance off and quip off
I actually unironically want this.

I hate people like you.

The multi verse starts breaking down, leading to an extended sequence where Toby McGuire, Andrew Garfield and Tom Holland Spider-Mans all fight together.

and i actually unironically want "woah awesome facial hair bros" dialogue

>I expect 2000+ lines of banter and quips between Guardians and Avengers,
Also Groot getting into the Avengers interstellar division, but not Rocket.