ITT: Scenes that you didn't fully understand in your first watch

ITT: Scenes that you didn't fully understand in your first watch.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=51Za8lQqgqs
jurassicpark.wikia.com/wiki/N293G
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the deepest scene in cinema. may even be kino.

I have never, ever understood this scene. I assumed it was a joke about how those old style seatbelts were hard to find because they would always fall down between the seats or cushions. I have thought maybe it is just funny that the helicopter was accidentally equipped with a faulty seatbelt, but also serves to show Grant's "can do" attitude. It only hit me right now that it might be symbolic because all the dinosaurs are female and that is the female side of the seatbelt, hence it cannot "engage"

I am a brainlet. Please explain.

Everyone reads way too much into this. It was meant to show that the park had cut corners and that Hammond's claims about 'sparing no expense' were bogus. It was being run on a shoestring budget and it was his obsession with cost cutting that caused almost all of the problems in the film.

It's two ends.
You can't snap it in.
So he tied it instead.

Life finds a way

WHICH ONE IS IT

the seatbelt only has female sides, so it cannot engage. But Grant finds a different way and unexpectedly ties it together. He found a way.

your brain is big

Nah just drunk

It's 2 vaginas

youtube.com/watch?v=51Za8lQqgqs

more kino than i thought. foreshadows the "we only made female dinosaurs so they can't reproduce" / "life finds a way regardless" theme

nigga this is on the helicopter. jurassic park didn't design those

Hammond should have spared no expense on the fucking software guy REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>more kino than i thought.
Same here, I'm pleasantly surprised that this little gem makes my favorite movie even better.

It's confirmed peak kino.

>jurassic park didn't design those

Yeah but he obviously hired the cheapest under the table pilot and helicopter service.

Nothing could possibli go wrong

i don't get it

>that end of the seatbelt commonly referred to as the "female" end
>only two female ends
>grant makes it work anyway

BRAVO STEVEN

what kind of helicopter is that with fold-out wheels?

jurassicpark.wikia.com/wiki/N293G

nevermind, Agusta A109A

how many people were in the copter at this point?

i refuse to believe this got past QA and that grant is just an idiot and couldn't find the real end of the seatbelt like some idiot on an airplane

>Surface-level FAHNNY JOKE that simultaneously shows Alan's ingenuity and ability to tie things
>deeper level show one of the first cracks in Hammond's supposed dream park where something goes wrong before they even get there
>DEEPEST level shows something performing its intended purpose despite having only two vaginas to work with
Pure. Kino.

>Life finds a way
Mirrored in Grant and the kids finding the dino nests in the wild, even though "all" the dinos are female.

They spared no expense yet none of their shit works properly, the vending machines mostly sell butterfingers and their chef thinks chilli and sea bass is a good meal to serve....something is definitely off.

they also need to compile their own cokes or something.

>that video
Jesus the free time pretentious retards have is astonishing.

I think the real question should be: Why did they serve chili and seabass? Is this some special recipe in America or something? Those two don't sound like they go together well at ALL