Yfw the Captain Marvel film ends up being better that Man of Steel...

>Yfw the Captain Marvel film ends up being better that Man of Steel, the Wonder Woman film and the Supergirl series combined. And Carol surpasses Supergirl and Wonder Woman as a feminist icon.

I will not allow it.

Wonder Woman 4 lyfe

Nah, one good film won't make her an icon.

Nothing more powerful for a woman than to have all her feminine traits slowly eroded until there's nothing left but a square jawed, chicken haired, flat chested man

And I'm not going by your picture, I'm going by her appearance in Civil War 2: Electric Boogaloo

>Wow that film was great! I love Carol!!! Let me go read some classic Carol comic stories!
>.....

>better that Man of Steel, the Wonder Woman film and the Supergirl series combined
Not exactly a high bar.

Yes Marvel totally hasn't been able to make characters that are obscure to the mainstream public icons with their movies.

Feminine and female aren't the same thing.

It's like complaining that Black Panther is wealthy, well-educated, and a racial majority in his home town.

None of the one movie characters are iconic.

>Captain Marvel will come out when people are less and less excited for superhero movies due to years of box-office saturation.
>anything less than a stellar script will doom the movie to mediocrity
>ordinary non-comics reading fans will only care that already popular heroes from other movies are making cameos.
>cynical marketing will play up the cameos and studio execs will force to constant rewrites and reshoots to put in more spiderman/ironman/captain America/etc. cameos

SUPERHEROES

WHERE THE MEN ARE MEN AND THE WOMEN WILL NOW ALSO BE MEN

>Yfw Captain Marvel is the first true bomb in the MCU because nobody can figure out what her character is

>when people are less and less excited for superhero movies due to years of box-office saturation.
People have been saying this with every movie since Avengers.

She's bloodthirsy, authoritarian, and doesn't trust her own judgement.

The current book is fine.
The only problem with the character is that mostly bad writers use her.

Oh come on user.
You know movie readers don't ACTUALLY go read comics, right? Nothing is ever going to make this hobby relevant to anything other then the smallest segment of the population ever again.

To be fair, the same could be said for Wonder Woman. She got like, one good writer, Azzarello, and even then Sup Forums seems to shit on that run half of the time.

>Yfw the Captain Marvel film ends up being better that Man of Steel, the Wonder Woman film and the Supergirl series combined.
I wouldn't be surprised.

>surpassing WW
Sad, but Warner/DC get what they deserve.

Take your Sup Forums blinders off, Tony and Steve absolutely are to mainstream audiences.

THICK

Going to be funny watching people do even minor research on her and learn her best know thing in comics is getting raped.

Marvel movies don't have long term effects, but produce mere taste of the week. Iron man hype died down, and now cap will too. Movies couldn't make either of them even the most famous character in Marvel. Marvel movies have no individuality to give a character iconic status.

>Gal ruins Wonder Woman
>A movie about Carol ends up doing better

Why is this a possible scenario?

Captain America already was iconic

Feminist icon? Isn't she slightly conservative? I mean military types aren't usually feminist icons.

To be fair a proper Captain Marvel film would go gangbusters because Billy Batson becoming an almighty magical superhero is F.U.N.

The only person cast in that Captain Marvel movie yet is The Rock as Black Adam which feels a bit telling as to the tone of the film we're gonna get.

Weird, pic didn't upload.

In any case: Pic Related.

No chance

No he wasn't, if you asked the average person 10 years ago what his origin and real name was they wouldn't be able to tell you.

Last movie I saw the Rock in he shattered a plaster cast on his broken arm by flexing his muscles. I don't discount the Rock being Fun just because it's Black Adam.

I discount the possibility of it being fun due to it being in the DCEU though.

Carol appeals to dykes but she will never appeal to the full LGBT spectrum like Wonder Woman does (on particular the gay men).

She also has that royal Princess quality that little girls love. Why do you think there are more little girls who dress as Thor than the ones who dress as Black Widow? Thor has that pretty royal Prince thing going on plus the long flowing hair.

Also DC knows how to markets to little girls (Superhero girls, contract with Barbie, etc...) while Disney doesn’t want their Marvel stuff to compete with their Princess, so Diana has that market locked and secure as well.

Not to say there won't be people who like Carol better but she's no Wonder Woman.

That would be sad but then again I would love the salty tears of certain people.

Seriously Wasp should be the main female superhero and they should work on making Sif more prominent.

The worst thing about this movie isn't even going to be that it'll put money directly into KSD's pocket as people blindly buy her milquetoast trades, it's that you'll have to hear from every normie fuck how much they love Captain Marvel - regardless of the quality of the movie.

So far the problem with the DCEU films has been Snyder and even with the shit that was BvS people managed to be hyped by Wonder Woman and he's not involved in her movie so there is some hope for her.

I am concerned about Carol tho, what the fuck is her movie going to be about? Maybe if they adapt some of Mar-Vell's story and give it to her because most of her interesting stuff is with the X-Men and most of the ideas that the CapnCarol fags have are shit, especially those that involve Jessica Drew, her cat and Moonstone or anything KSD.

>money directly into KSD's pocket as people blindly buy her milquetoast trades

As long as she uses that money to keep making comics with Emma Rios I'm good.

My criticism was more that the first person cast was Black Adam, who is most notable for his frequent grisly on screen executions.
That seems like it would push it solidly into the "R" rating. Which again, doesn't discount fun, but does set a certain tone.

Isn't there a comic loophole that prevents that? There was an example with Killer Frost or is that jut DC?

They're not going to adapt any of her comics, they're all too shitty to even spruce up into something bearable. They'll just hire a screenwriter, tell them the gist of the character, give them the corporate mandates on guest appearances and whatnot, and voila. Instant average hero's journey plot which when backed by a Disney marketing campaign will produce an inoffensive action film that'll score well and make a modest 600 million.

Cap didn't get crazy popular until Winter Soldier so it still depends

Also people weren't crazy about Ant-Man even if it did decently good, it was only after watching him in Civil War that a lot of those people decided to check his movie out.

>They're not going to adapt any of her comics,

Oh, yeah, no, they are definitely going the Guardians of the Galaxy route with Carol.

That was to prevent royalties from creating a character which KSD didn't do.

I don't know if she will get a share of profits from increased comics sales like the previous user implied but it might trick comic companies into giving her more gigs.

>It's like complaining that Black Panther is wealthy, well-educated, and a racial majority in his home town.

....holy shit, T'Challa is totally part of the patriarchy. He is one of the oppressors!

Mind....

Blown....

Honestly, the fact that they're going for Black Adam makes sense but I don't like it.

I want to see Benderesque Mister Atom and genius caveman King Kull and a talking fucking tiger in a tweed suit.

No doubt it will do decently but the story being shit would turn a lot of people off of her and a bad score in rotten tomatoes and people not knowing how the website's scoring works would also impact her.

It would at least be enough to not get her a sequel.

Isn't that a valid complaint? Like, black youth in the States might relate more to some fuck like Eminem in 8-mile than Black Panther

You're gonna have a hard time finding parts of Africa that aren't vastly more patriarchal than your nice happy Euro-American democracies.

A lot of the Guardians stuff, even if the plot was original, is James Gunn getting pieces and stuff from older Cosmic Marvel comics and adapting it from comics. Like Yondu is different from his comic self but the Ravagers are lifted from the Reavers of Arcturus, Quill is an amalgam of all versions of comic Star-Lord, and so on.

I guess they can do that with Carol by stealing some of the stuff that was in Mar-Vell's story and adapt it for her movie, or they can just steal the whole Kree episodes plot from EMH and adapt it.

A lot of people can't tell you shit about
Robin Hood
Ghandi
MLK
etc
Yet they're still iconic historic figures.

>Keep putting off buying the Ant-Man Blu-Ray
>Watch Civil War
>"Maybe I should buy Ant-Man"
>All stores I visited were sold out of Ant-Man

I had to buy it online, but still.

Cherry picking from 40 years of stories is going to probably produce the best Carol story possible.

And it'll allow them to avoid the many kinda unsavoury bits, like raped by a wizard, stealing Rogue's body after getting Rogued, and anything ever written by Bendis.

said no movie goer ever.

>yfw DC is working on 2 female lead films while Marvel, the champion of diversity, keeps pushing away the idea of a female lead movie.

Do they even have any female characters they can use that's not tied up with some other studio?

I mean, they're doing a Captain Marvel movie for Christ sakes. That's pretty bottom of the barrel.

Slut doesn't deserve one. She works best in a supporting role.

>TFW no She-Hulk movie

>movies readers

Yet

>Why do you think there are more little girls who dress as Thor than the ones who dress as Black Widow?
I've literally never seen that.

Black Panther is more of an African-American power fantasy (which is why you see him fight the KKK or adress American relevant racism in some ocassions) at this point and yeah Marvel has tried to make him relatable to Black Americans before and that shit backfire on them.

It was a thing in the 80's. oldfag is old

One of her script writers is Nicole Perlman and she's a big sci-fi and Cosmic fan who loves to research her stuff so yeah I am confident she could come up with something good.

She also did the first draft for the GotG movie BTW (which she even went as far as to read about the original GotG team and then decided to pick the DnA characters over them and that's why we had who we have on the movie).

Even if Perlman does the research, do you think they're gonna let her do the alcoholic conservative uber-bitch Carol?

>inb4 they cast chlomo as carol and the move bombs coz chlomo is cancer to any movie she's been in since hitting puberty

>keeps pushing away the idea of a female lead movie.
Ike did, but now he's out of the picture, and we've got Captain Marvel, Ant Man and the Wasp, and possibly a Black Widow movie in the works.

I seen it in Halloween parties organized at the school rhay I work in and at cons, little girls love dressing up as Thor followed by Cap.

I don't think she will add that, Maybe make her a military bitch at the most.

Wrote "little girl avengers costumes" on google (felt weird about it) and yeah most of what I got was girls in Thor and Cap costumes.

>"little girl avengers costumes" on google
CUTE
U
T
E

My sister picked the white power ranger costume when she was 8.

>And Carol surpasses Supergirl and Wonder Woman as a feminist icon.
>this is what Marvelfags actually believe

>they didnt make She Hulk the prominent Feminine Super Heroine of the MCU
shes more popular and much better than Carol
what the fuck marvel

Are there potentially issues due to Universal holding the distribution rights to Hulk?

Even if they don't have her rights there might be enough of a problem with trademark due to use of Hulk in her title that Marveldisney just can't be bothered with her?

>inb4 carols movie gets scrapped for pic related
how would you feel?

I have a feeling that we might get pic related instead. It might confuse people if Spiderman and Spider Woman aren't linked.

I feel the mistake was not casting the Rock as Captain Marvel and figuring Black Adam out later.

But will she surpass Harley Quinn as a feminist icon?

Fuck Carol, give me Kamala. And more Nova Corps.

Robin Hood isn't real

>Mfw I legitimately didn't think of that.

how would you feel if Kamala joined Alpha Flight under Carol's tutelage?

makes for a nice change of pace

might even get some more feminine male heroes that aren't just beefy guys who crossdress for laffs

fuck off degenerate

>Hey Joe, Axel come here I posted it again.

one aspect of feminism is that women can succeed at anything they put their mind to, even being a jackboot space soldier whose only purpose in life is killing aliens. Why do you think so many on tumblr adored that chick in Bash It Billy?

you'll get more people picking up the Avengers cartoon that she was in than you will people picking up her trades

just keep the Skrull killing
and the Brood killing
and give me this scene in Infinity Wars

That would mean Ex-Nihilo in a MCU movie, and I don't think anyone has the balls for that

Marvel's best babes are under the X-Men IP.

>we've got Captain Marvel
Until they get a hold of another IP. Then Captain Marvel goes to the back of the bus. They've pushed her back in favor of BP & Spiderman.

>Ant Man and the Wasp
The Wasp featured as a sidekick. not a solo.

>possibly a Black Widow movie in the works.
I kept reading blogs about this every time. nothing.

No, that would be The Incredible Hulk. If a movie about Scott Lang can make bank, then so can Carol.

>Seriously Wasp should be the main female superhero and they should work on making Sif more prominent.

Except that Marvel hasn't done anything with Wasp recently. Bringing her out of obscurity to make a movie about her would be a mistake.

>I mean, they're doing a Captain Marvel movie for Christ sakes. That's pretty bottom of the barrel.

Bottom of the barrel is an Ant-Man movie and look how that worked out. Carol is not bottom of the barrel. Not a-list, but still. Marvel could do a lot worse.

>Slut doesn't deserve one. She works best in a supporting role.

Nice, do you go around everywhere calling women sluts? Captain Marvel is coming and you're just going to have to like it.

We already have a Hulk and he's tied down with Universal. Like Hulk, she would work better as a side character in the Avengers films, not getting her own movie. Kevin Feige knows what he's doing. So, stop being a tool.

>Fuck Carol, give me Kamala.
You can't have Kamala without Carol.
>And more Nova Corps
You mean more generic space cops? No thank you.

I wouldn't mind an Old Carol taking on more a MCU Hank Pym to Kamala.

>That's pretty bottom of the barrel.
I think at this point, "bottom of the barrel" means nothing for Marvel

bottom of the barrel would be if Porcupine got a solo movie

>we'll never get a court room drama with superheroes

Matt Murdock defending Frank Castle was close enough.