I might be a bit late to the party with this, but what did Sup Forums think of Get Out? I just watched it last night

I might be a bit late to the party with this, but what did Sup Forums think of Get Out? I just watched it last night.

Pros:
>well acted considering how ridiculous some of the characters were
>well shot/lit
>decent music
>story is /mostly/ well told

Cons:
>not scary at all, really
>characters were so absurd that they were hard to take seriously, detracted from the tension
>writing a bit too obvious at times "There's some black mould in the basement"
>felt like they didn't commit to either horror or comedy, got stuck in the middle but not in a satisfying way
>severely overhyped.

It's pretty middle of the road. I don't know what everyone was losing their shit about.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ThisIsAlejou/status/864544248305250304/video/1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I thought it needed more good bois who dindu nuffin.

I didn't undestand the blind guy's plan. Was he gonna put his brain in the black guy...and then what? How was he going to keep his patrimony without having to give explanations? Or was he going to start a new life as a broke ass nigga?

>DUDE WHITE PEOPLE ARE NICE TO ME AND IT MAKES ME SCARED LMAO

The jaw on this woman, goddamn.

Anyway, best movie of 2017 so far.

He wanted to use the black guy's eyes to see again. I assume he would continue living out his life as an award-winning photographer, as he mentions that he SPECIFICALLY wants his gift for photography.

Or maybe he was just saying that so he didn't have to admit he just wanted a bigger penis.

Bet you're the kind to fall in love with girls who are merely being nice to you.

It's not super practical. Like Chris seemed pretty set up in terms of his career and what-not, but how would the blind guy just fit into his life? Chris' friends, his bank accounts, his bills/commitments?

Seems pretty difficult.

I'm not the kind to get triggered when a nigger is polite to me, though.

Pretty depressing that Get Blacked is the best movie of the year considering everything else is an adaptation or a sequel

It felt like a scify movie but with racial tension onto it. The plot was absolutely ridiculous for the acclaim the movie has.

Kind of reminded me of Hot Fuzz without the Wright kinomatography.

>
I think he wanted to be able to see art, and wanted to go in a body of someone with an eye for it

libcucks will defend this shit movie

White critics are fawning over this movie in the same way the white people fawned over the black dude in the movie. I feel like a black director could literally just film a monologue of himself talking about injustice and how whitey needs to pay for his privilege and critics would call it one of the best movies of the year.

its a satire/comedy
of course the characters are absurd
its not meant to be scary or serious

literally dear white people, its disgusting

user r u retarded? This movie was jerked off as HORROR movie of the year, its dumb that it was but its definitely supposed to be scary, to black people at least

its as much horror as cabin in the woods
you have elements of horror but they're so absurd its not meant to scare you

I just finished watching it like 20 minutes ago. It was better than I expected. People kept saying it was like a horror-comedy, but I hardly laughed at all at any point during the movie. Seemed to be 99% a drama/thriller.

It kind of reminded me of The Stepford Wives, but with black people instead of wives. It was very well made for a horror movie. I can't think of any scenes in particular that made me think "well that was retarded." Acting was pretty great from all the main cast (except maybe Rod.) The awkwardness was real; it was so strong at the beginning that it made me want to turn the movie off almost.

The ending kind of left the viewer hanging as to what happened to Chris after all the family had died and he'd called 911 on his phone while in the middle of it. I was afraid it was going to show the (real) cops coming in and charging Chris with just murdering everyone for no reason, as though the family wasn't abducting people and brainwashing / performing brain surgery on them. And I'm sure they would have tried him for murder, considering that the whole house and most of the evidence was probably was burnt down from that fire that started in the operating room.

iirc that specifically was an ending they either cut, or was on the drawing board at one point.

twitter.com/ThisIsAlejou/status/864544248305250304/video/1

>it's not a horror movie because it didn't have WAAAHHHH jump scares
This movie created a genuine creepy feeling in your gut, I'm sorry you autists missed it.

horror movie for people who dont like horror. i thought the fat guy talking about dahmer was funny though.

Saw it last night and enjoyed it. But 100% agree wasn't scary in the slightest just a bit unnerving. Clever how all the clues are laid out bare, so no need for any rewatching

>I don't know what everyone was losing their shit about.
Haven't you noticed that anything produced by a black director with an all or largely black cast will be universally praised by the leftist media? Bonus points for white guilt. See: Hamilton.

ITT leftard shills