youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=f63MZR3npsw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

In general yeah that's how it goes. Also
>Dat gravestone
Holy shit

The arrogance of the blatent lie is astounding

"A hand of god creation"
"Batman and his creator Bob Kane are one and the same"

Was old Bob in THAT much denial when he died that he actually thought he DID create Batman?

Yes, Bob Kane is indeed a fucking cunt.

Which is odd, considering most writers draw him up as an atheist or a 'mad at God' agnostic.

Hahaha, holy shit.

I wonder why he was such an arsehole about it there's no reason he Couldent have just shared the glory was he just paranoid that others would do to him what he ended up doing to them was it some sort of preventative measure

Who? Batman?

I don't think his faith is ever really touched upon THAT much

Money. He did what he did so that he would get more royalties. If he admitted the involvement of Finger and Robinson then they could potentially have a case against his claim.

One thing that Batman V Superman did right for me in my eyes is giving crediting Finger as well as Kane

Kane was a true hack

Yes. You can dislike Stan for being a grandstanding fucker, but at least he gave other people praise and credit instead of just stroking his own ego whenever there were other people around.

There's that one story about some Artist or Writer, I can't remember, who straight up slaps Kane after getting off an elevator because the guy was that much of a dick.

Also Stan Lee's still alive and gets to hang out with Chris Evans and play ping pong so fuck that nigga.

You mean based Jim Steranko?

wow oh wow

based
as
fuck

In a general sense.

I think the "Ditko and Kirby did all the work and he took all the credit" is overstated. Stan was the editor. Stan decided when to let go of the reins and when to pull them back. If nothing else, that's proven by the fact that neither Ditko nor Kirby has done anything that equals Spider-Man or Fantastic Four since. They've gotten close a few times, but never equaled.

To be fair, neither has Stan. And when Stan had to work with other artists, like Romita, Colan, Heck or Ayers, his work wasn't as good.

Stan also was the buffer between the artists and Martin Goodman, who wanted it cheap and profitable and didn't give a shit about quality. Stan allowed Kirby and Ditko to create something memorable in an environment that didn't promote memorable.

Does Stan get caught up in the "Marvel hype" too often. Yeah. Did he make mistakes because of it? Sure. Is he as despicable as Bob Kane?

Few people are despicable as Bob Kane.

nice

no

>Clown paintings

This is a good thread..

I just can't get my head around this. Surely he must have known that he didn't really do all the legwork in creating Batman. Surely he must have known that in the industry nearly every fucker was aware of how much credit he had stolen. Surely he must have known that there were many fans outside the industry who knew.

He must have fucking known that it would be impossible to talk about the creation of Batman without mentioning what he did to Bill Finger and Jerry Robinson

Why commission a monument to a lie when the only people who would give much of a shit about seeing said monument would know it was a load of bollocks?

Bob Kane's grave is a fucking astonishing thing.

I'd rather Stan Lee get credit for creating earth than the objectivist loony Steve Ditko get even his deserved credit.

Wait, seriously? Is this real? Steranko straight slapped the bitch out of a man's face for touching him wrong? Pfhahahaha.

>Bob Kane has a carving of Sputnik on his gravestone
Why?

It says he slaped him in the elevator first

I assume that's what he meant by cuffed

No he bitch slapped a man for being an arrogant cunt, screwing people who deserved credit (who would later go on to be Steranko's friends) and THEN cuffing him across the face as though he's some bigshot prick from some old gangster movie despite not actually knowing Steranko.

Steranko is based as fuck in this instance.

user, DC didn't even start giving Bill Finger "co"-credit for Batman until last fucking year. This wasn't just Kane, DC knew fully well what the fuck they were doing but kept on trucking anyways.

Fuck, the only reason they even started giving Finger credit, I think, is because when asked at a con why they weren't giving him credit at the time, they lied and said there was an understanding with the Finger estate.

There was not. His daughter or granddaughter, I can't remember, pretty much went on the internet and told everyone what we already knew, about how Bill was almost fucking poor in his last couple of years, and that DC refused to give him credit.

Well thank fucking Christ for the internet right? DC either had to admit they had screwed over a man who had almost, by himself, created their most iconic character, all because Bob Kane screwed the other guys over all those years ago and snitched about them trying to Unionize or some shit, so instead DC just started giving him credit, and pretended this whole thing never happened.

>a love of all mankind

Except for those cowardly criminals who are forced to a life of crime due to the shithole economy of Gotham.

Bob Kane was from an era where people often created something, then hired assistants to do the work while he became a celebrity. The most famous example is when Bud Fisher created Mutt And Jeff, then spent years passing himself off as the sole creator while Al Smith did all the work.

What changed and what Kane didn't adapt to was the advent of the fan press in the sixties. The fan press started digging into the history of comics. They're the ones who discovered Bill Finger, Jerry Robinson, Dick Sprang, Sheldon Moldoff and his other ghosts and spread the word. Kane hated the fan press.

They couldn't.

Read some Sims's work on Kane, while Bob was alive there was a specific part of his contract saying Finger couldn't be credited as co-creator.

There are like a dozen stories of Batman trying to help jumpstart Gotham's economy and I'm not really sure a lack of a job market created the Scarecrow.

Oh fuck I forgot about his bullshit contracts. Seriously how can anybody look back and like this fucker?

>I regret he didn't do anything about it

God bless you, Steranko.

Why does such a great character have to be tared by association with this massive arsehole

Bob Kane didn't just want money, he wanted a legacy. He wanted to be remembered as the bloke who created Batman.

And he is credited as the creator of Batman. Was credited as the sole creator for the better part of a century.

But that's not his true legacy.

The only people who would know his name are comic book fans, and in their eyes he's probably the biggest cunt the industry has ever produced.

Thats his true legacy. To be remembered as comic books biggest credit stealing hack. To be reviled by those upon whom his legacy is remembered.

Its a sort of justice I suppose.

The sad thing is he still did some of the work if he had not tried to claim all the credit he would have a legacy as a co-creator rather then as an arsehole.

Did he just not want anybody he worked with to share in that legacy

I wonder how filled with lies this is

>I want to be credited and remembered for creating Batman, fuck Bill Finger

Not entirely sure. I mean, he was aware that the spectre was a divine force in Gotham by Midnight. Also he's acknowledged that the new gods are actual gods. Plus he's cheated the devil himself in the form of Dr Hurt and If I'm not mistaken he actually made an oath in front of a cross during the golden age.

Stan might not be as bad as Bob Kane, but he did consider him a friend despite knowing what he did.

“I wish my friend Bob Kane were still with us — he’s the fellow who created Batman,” Lee says. “Bob always used to tease me about the fact that Batman was a big deal on television and in movies, and we at Marvel had done nothing. I wish he was here now so I could return that teasing"

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=f63MZR3npsw

Post YFW you watch this.

>Those comments

Fucking 'lol so nerdy xD' normie cunts.

>This year is 100th anniversary of Kane's birthday RIP LEGEND AND ROLE MODEL

>Role model

So many are about the "Marvel vs DC" company wars, which is basically a cheat sheet for knowing if anyone is a normie cunt who doesn't know what they're on about.

I'm going to go with "extremely."

Stan acted like everyone in the industry was his pal, it's part of the persona.

>these two are like gods to me XD
>Wow look at these two legends, fanboys should take a page out of their book XD

Didn't you hear? You can only like one! You have to choose between DC or Marvel, Star Wars or Star Trek, Coke or Peps!

When I have kids I'm not going to try to force my religion on my kids, I'll let them make the decision when the time is right so they can choose whether they like DC or Marvel xD

Fuck I hate people.

It's not just money, user

Remember Kane also had people make art for him, so that he could claim he was the one who made it.

I don't know what the art equivalent for ghost-writing is called, but Kane loved that shit.

It's partly an image thing. Stan had a really good business persona, visiting colleges and meeting directors who read Marvel stuff. He had charisma and that self depreciating humor. Ditko was a recluse, and Kirby was a hard working no nonsense type of guy. So Stan became the face of the characters.

By Stan's admission of how the Marvel method works, Kirby and Ditko definitely deserved more than just an artist credit, along with the pay they're entitled to. I don't think anyone can say for sure if Stan outright stole creator credit, since there's conflicting comments. Stan deserves credit for his methods as an editor regardless though. His actions brought Marvel a lot of success.

>Coke or Peps!
I do hope, You will pick Pepsi.

>Sorry, we don't serve coke, is Pepsi ok?
>Is monopoly money ok? xD xD xD

kek

pepsi killed michael jackson, fuck pepsi

>Pepsi kiled a filthy shapeshifter
sounds okay to me

Holy shit, I posted the exact same thing a couple of weeks ago.

So I would have to say, he is right.

good, fuck michael jackson

>Not liking the sounds of the king of pop

A thief to the end

Jesus fucking christ.

If the internet was around back then there's no way he'd of gotten away with it.

It's shitty, but I can see it from his point of view... the man has traced EVERYTHING in his entire career, so this is pretty minor.

Jim Steranko is literally the coolest motherfucker on this planet and no one can tell me otherwise.

>poverty causes crime

Get outta here you communist. Don't spread your lies here.

>not expecting retardation from social media comments

This is retarded since early Superman doesn't have any colorful villains. It's random thugs and occasionaly proto-Luthor doing evil science stuff but never actually showing up or escaping at the last moment.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>If the internet was around back then there's no way he'd of gotten away with it.

It's more like he would have lots of people sucking his dick and saying it's a homage.

wow

On balance, sadly I think you're right.

>Gayvel

I always love people who turn company names into insults, it's like shorthand for 'I'm dangerously stupid, disregard everything I say.'

Jordan is pretty based tho

they're not wrong

To be fair, Fraction's Hawkeye was shit.

What are you, a PCkek, a Sonygger, or a Nintenyearold?

Anyone made red pilling me on bob Kane not creating batman?

>Deadpool
Fucking normies.

>Its so cool when Marvel make 6 episode with awesome arts nad then take someone else who draw lik kid for some school newspaper.. at leat now they skip this fire 6 awesome and its all look like crap. bbut its hawkete.. where about that guy series. Arrow or green arow .. omfg archer super hero .. lamest of them all

WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THIS?

But no seriously, do some people not fucking proof read their comments? I'm not saying I always diligently do so, but if English wasn't my first language I would.

At the very least if I were incapable of actually constructing a sentence, why would I even bother posting in the first place?

that's some high tier autism

I think he just don't care about religion, or any area of philosophy that don't envolve beating people

Isn't atheism irrelevant in the dc universe? Since wonder woman, ghosts, the Lazarus Pit, the new gods and shit?

>But no seriously, do some people not fucking proof read their comments? I'm not saying I always diligently do so, but if English wasn't my first language I would.

They have to fap with the other hand.

Oh, and hell. There's hell too

Mister Terrific was atheist and he justified by saying he couldn't tell if it was god or a super alien with cosmic powers.

>You can kill off only so many Robins before people stop reading, DC.

I mean, he's right.

Well, no, he's wrong, people will continue reading because it's Batman but people should've stopped reading Batman a long time ago.

What?!
what did Ditko do wrong?

>super alien with cosmic powers.
Well, this is basically god

from

See: , that's pretty much true.

Bob Kane came up with the concept of Batman and not much else. He hired other people, including Bill Finger, to come up with everything else. Stuff like the villains, Robin, Commissioner Gordon, Alfred, etc were created by others. Except these other people never got credit at the time, as everything was credited to Kane. They were being paid peanuts while Kane raked in the dough.

Then there's the infamous contract negotiations between Superman creators Siegel & Schuster and DC. The two men felt they weren't getting proper royalties from licensed produces like the radio shows and cartoons, and wanted to partner with Kane to get all their contracts renegotiated. Instead, Kane turned around and went to DC, telling them of Siegel and Schuster's plans. And to top it all off, he then renegotiated his own contract, lying to them and telling DC he was a minor when the first one was signed, making it unenforceable and giving him leverage in his negotiations. This lie lasted his entire life, even up to his obituary.

>In 1998 his New York Times obituary said both that he died at age 83 (i.e., born in 1915) and that he'd created Batman in 1939 at the age of 18 (i.e., born in 1921).

HE GOT ONE LAST LIE IN FROM BEYOND THE FUCKING GRAVE!

>Youtube comment section
literally cancer, I can't go down there anymore. It was a promo for one season of Arrow and most of the comments were literally "Where's felicity? What the FUCK why won't you show the best character?" Never again.

>Admitting for all eternity that you made a Mary Sue

>>Youtube comment section

At least it's better than Reddit.

>Well, this is basically god

You try worshipping Galactus or Mongul.

True, but it's certainly on it's way

Still won't have the circlejerk/le reddit gold xd mentality.

>Galactus or Mongul
>Not the almighty Darkseid

RING RING RING RING

>I was at Bob Kane's funeral (By the way, Kane was buried with Batman toys. I'm serious; before they closed the coffin, they were putting little toy Batmobiles in there.) As they were lowering Bob Kane into the ground, Stan Lee turns to me and says out of nowhere, 'You know Steve Ditko was the best inker Jack Kirby ever had.' I said, 'All right.' Now, because Stan doesn't have the greatest attention span in the world, we're out in the middle of Forest Lawn (cemetery), and he says, 'There's lots of celebrities here, aren't there?' 'Yes, Stan Laurel is buried here; I saw the grave marker as we were coming in.' 'Really? Let's go see it!' 'Wait. Let them finish lowering Bob first.'

In complete honesty, to the average DC or Marvel citizen, all those crazy cosmic aliens with insane powers and cosmic forces of nature may as well be indiscernible from gods.

>There's just one human besides Eva in the universe
>Who can batman be?

kek
eke
kek

Jesus Stan