Do you think it'll flop? if it does flop, will it be blamed on racism?

do you think it'll flop? if it does flop, will it be blamed on racism?

I think everything not made by Disney this year will flop.

>four screenwriters

Don't reckon it'll flop, trailer looked pretty good and the books have a large following.

The creators don't really seem to give a shit about alt-rightists reeeeing at them in the same way the Ghostbusters faggots did, so I doubt they'd blame it on a butthurt minority not going to see it because the casting triggered them.

>A Sony Films Production

What the fuck is up with that poster? It looks like shit with those blue guns and that weird pose

If it was one of those 150 million+ behemoths I would have been worried, but the budget was only 60 million. It will do fine.

It looks like Idris and Lincoln MKX are desperately trying to act their way out of a rejected Hunger Games script.

why is he dabbing?

what is up with those video game pistols

Idris Elba will be good.

The movie will be shit.

Are there actually people who are upset by Roland being black?

I mean in order for this movie to suck worse than the books, it has to really, really try. It has to be absolutely horrible. Like introduce Doctor Doom lightsaber-wielding robots who use harry potter quidditch balls as bombs bad. Like a spider baby killing Matther McConnhey's character bad. Like spider baby being poisoned and dying from tainted horse meat bad. Like the kid going into our reality and literally saving Steven King by pushing him out of the way of the truck bad. Like another character riding a 3-wheel motorcycle into another dimension to spend the rest of her life with alternate reality versions of her loved ones bad. Like the main antagonist being literally evil crazy santa claus bad, who is promptly killed by a McGuffin that Roland has no part of.

Oh wait, it's fucking Sony. They might actually pull it off.

>video game pistols

but those are revolvers with blue photoshop

>Idris Elba as a character based on one from a Stephen King novel

I guess you could say he is a... Maine coon!

i dont get it Carlos

>Are there actually people who are upset by Roland being black?
How long have you been using the internet?

Has any series gone from 100 to 0 as quickly as the Dark Tower?

I hope it does well, as Id-dress Elbows is one of my favorite actors. However, seeing that it's A) an adaption of a Stephen King book, and B) it's made by Sony, I have low expectations.

>t. wishful thinking nigger lover

>Are there actually people who are upset by Roland being black?
Yes. They are called sensible people. And there you go trashing the books so you can point to that as the reason the movie bombs.

Nobody wants to watch niggers. This will never end.

racebending being a bad thing can either go all ways or be cool with whatever.

People decided to flip out about whitewashing so here I am.

>black male lead
>flop

pick only one, only movies with white male leads flop

is this samba?

most of this "forced diversity" movies and tv shows are big fail soon nature will take its course and this shit will stop and go back to normal
jews like to play the racism diversity card a lot but in jew hollywood from centuries there is one king and his name is Money and when the muh diversity is not making money his days are doomed

The Dark Tower will probably suck
IT will be the true Kingkino

>the books have a large following
Speaking as an autist who bought all the books and has read them several times, I'm not seeing this shit
Don't have anything against Elba per se, but the plot changes sound shitty, plus the race swap seems forced as fuck and completely goes against the image of Roland that the books built up in the imagination (and promotional material for the series)

not without the gangbang scene

The first 4 books are good and don't have too much retarded shit in
It goes off the rails from the 5th

>stars a nigger
When will Hollywood realize that humans don't want to stare at these unbecoming creatures for 2 straight hours?

lmao

Its trying to cram the first 3 books into one movie. What do you think.

Fuck off, pedo, even King knows he was wasted out of his mind when wrote that and wishes he could remove it.

>that mid air revolver reload

wtf I thought that kind of shit only appeared in Resident Evil movies?

>the books have a large following.
People who love the books are a bit offended.

Imagine if there was only one Harry Potter movie, it started when he was 16 and he beats Voldemort at the end of the book. Ron, Hermione or (insert fan favorite character) isn't even mentioned. Also, Harry is played not as a small British man with dark hair and a scar, but a blonde indian man with no scar dressed like an American.

That's whats happening here.

This movie has nothing to do with the books. It's like Lawnmower Man. It took the name and nothing else from the book.

Did they specifically say that there's only going to be one Dark Tower? If I know (((Hollywood))), there's no way they'd pass up the opportunity for sweet, sweet sequel shekels.

No, there's some pretty obvious authorial intent behind it.

At the most simple, it's a transition to adulthood and a loss of innocence. It reforges broken bonds but it's more complex and strange than the relationships or feelings we had as kids.

It's not done very well, and in classic King fashion he lingers on the wrong details, but it's not an unsalvagable scene.

There is no way they could tell the story at this point with what the trailers have shown.

And I know that's part of the marketing, with King selling himself out to get his magnum opus made.

Still really fucking bothers me. Imagine Lord of the Rings as one movie, and Legolas, Samwise and Gimli aren't in it. You can scream "but it's an adaptation" all you want, but it's still atrocious.

But did they SAY there's only going to be one movie, tho? Like, I get being mad if they're condensing the whole series into one movie, but when has (((Hollywood))) ever turned down the opportunity to make more money?

Most likely, they'll make several sequels if this does well enough.

They said the movie only exists as a pilot for the TV show. They're just going to dump unexplainable plot in the movie so they can hook people for the show. But with this bad of a start, there's no way the show will make it. This is catastrophically bad. They cut out half the important characters, ruined the ones that are in the movie, and changed so many things that it's not even the same story anymore. There is no saving it. They wasted the potential of the franchise.

I think it's going to be a mess and will be surprised if it works

It won't flop but it'll be garbage. And it it does flop, for sure it'll be blamed on racism.

>this.

The books are very descriptive and are constantly going on about how Roland is an old white guy with very blue eyes.
Shoulda been clint

Time for shazbot

I would have been fine with blue contacts.

desu Roland can be any color as long as he's not super handsome and has blue eyes.

OH SHIT
HE BOUTTA DAB

it's a 60m movie with basically no promo, It's either gonna bomb or make huge profit.

Are you the opposite of me? You sound incredibly faggy.

The kid seems like a really bad cast desu

Well i'm not watching some nigger shit.

I think at this point they don't care about financial success, these things are primarily made as anti white propaganda.

Forgot the face of your father already?

You and I both know that if a Blade remake starring a white Blade was released it would generate enormous fucking controversy.

i was so hyped when i started the series. 1/2/3 kept me so fucking interested, 4 was a nice stand alone story but didn't feel like dark tower and then 5 took a giant dump in my mouth while i was sleeping. only finished the series because i had already bought the books. i was so fucking disappointed. "magnum opus" my ass.

Did he get off the coke after 4? The first half of the series seems like its written by a totally different person.

Does anyone know if that leaked script was actually real of not?

no idea what the timeline is in regards to his personal life. IMO it is a classic case of kingclusion

>people think a movie with Idris Elba will flop

Tip top kek.

The face of your father line has some really fucking weak delivery by Mr Elba, I don't think he's as good an actor as people think.

>do you think it'll flop? if it does flop, will it be blamed on racism?

Of course it will flop, the trailer looked like shit, those who like the books won't be happy to have Idris Elba as the gunslinger and the rest of the potential audience will see a trailer which makes zero sense and skip it.

This would have worked as a tv series, as a film it's a disaster, as is evident by all the different screenwriters this movie has gone through, not to mention all the different production companies, not to mention all the different castings, like for the gunslinger, first it was Viggo Mortensen, then Javier Bardem, then Russel Crowe, when it finally went in production we got Idris Elba to play Roland, a character clearly described as a Clint'Eastwood looking guy with steel cold blue eyes....

what are the plot changes? It doesnt really surprise me given how hard the original story would be to make on the screen

>A pedo wishes he could remove a pedo scene

its starting off from the first book but is largely adapted from the 3rd book and likely wont go through any of the 5-7th book plots (also the 4th but that should be expected)

> trailer doesn't start with the desert scene

Will it even be in the movie? The way the trailer is focussed on NY looks like they won't have time to fit it in along with Roland's flash backs. Is he car accident going to be in it as well or is it passed that because of the whole Horn of Eld already in Roland's possession making it like another iteration of the same timeline?

>Idris Elba
Pretty good dude, maybe the movie will be goo-
>Matthew McConaugheyhey
Never mind

>the trailer looked like shit, those who like the books won't be happy to have Idris Elba as the gunslinger
I read all the books and liked them. After watching the trailer, black Roland is the least of my worries.