WHY THE FUCK DIDNT THEY USE THE COOL ALIEN SQUID IN THE WATCHMEN FILM INSTEAD OF FUCKING BORING ENERGY WAVES MADE TO...

WHY THE FUCK DIDNT THEY USE THE COOL ALIEN SQUID IN THE WATCHMEN FILM INSTEAD OF FUCKING BORING ENERGY WAVES MADE TO MIMIC DR MANHATTENS POWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The squid is goofy as hell. It's also a rip-off of an Outer Limits episode.

But its fucking awsome. How the hell is that goofy compared to the rejected member of the blue man groups dick flopping about?

They made Watchmen without the slimy squid, and that's pretty low, but as low as the standards of the 90's Kid.

The idea that the nations of the world would unite to fight an unknown is implausible. They would unite against someone they know though.

Yeah, but wasn't the whole point of the plan to make it look like the whole thing was caused by an alien enemy so that the nations would unite against a common enemy? It just doesn't feel like the plan makes any sense at all with Dr Manhattan taking the blame.

That....that makes sense. Atleastt more then "HURR DURR, ITS GOOFY". They still shouldve had like a smaller version in a jar in ozymabdias lab, though. I wouldve loved to see it, even if for a little bit.

To be fair to Zack I too thought the squid was a dumb idea. But then I stopped being fourteen.

the launch pad thing said S.Q.U.I.D

>It just doesn't feel like the plan makes any sense at all with Dr Manhattan taking the blame.
Adrian spent a solid part of the movie forcing Manhattan's disenchantment with mankind and exposing it to the public eye.

Yeah, but he was still an American and the US used him in war and everything. I just don't think every nation would be so quick to side with the US if one of their weapons suddenly blew up in their faces. If it was an alien threat, they would actually be able to find some common ground, since it would be another species attacking humanity.

That weapon was threatening them all.

I agree with what you're saying, but just to play devil's advocate here; it was clear only a few of the Watchmen still saw him as a human. Everybody else referred to him as a "superman" and "god"

Because Zack the Hack is where Singer was sixteen fucking years ago. And I don't mean balls-deep in a teenage boy.

Yeah, but rather than use an element almost completely foreign to the established context they used the antagonizing of Manhattan that was very well established in the book and the film. I think that it was a very smart decision, and really lends to the feeling of closure in the film. The character arcs feel more complete when they converge on Manhattan.

Yeah, but they could still blame the US for it. Even if they didn't know where he came from and even if it was threatening them all, the US was using him. If it's a stupid space squid, it's no one's fault. It's a threat that is completely foreign to everyone on Earth. And then it's "us humans vs stupid space squid", not "us humans cleaning the mess made by the US (Did I mention we all hate the US now? Because we do! It's their fault!)". I don't think a scenario in which the US may have doomed the entire world would bring union.

Well, the world doesn't need to work according to your headcanon.

How the fuck is it headcanon to assume that people would point fingers if a weapon used by a country suddenly threatened all of mankind? Plus, the world doesn't need to work according to Zack's headcanon either. In the comics, Adrian made the stupid space squid for exactly this reason. The world needed a common enemy with no ties to any nation in order to be united against it. That's the whole fucking point of his plan.

The fact that they know Dr manhatten is why they wouldn't unite

>americans struck by there own weapon
>lets unite with america against americas weapon.

Yes, because they need everyone they can.

Greg did you really just now see Watchmen? You didn't even read the comic.

Snyder only liked Watchmen for the rape and gore

If your worst enemy set fire to your house and then a few years later his arson went out of control and the whole neighborhood was set on fire, starting with his house, while I'm sure you would both be throwing buckets of water at it together, you wouldn't exactly think of your worst enemy as an ally. You would be thinking that he's an asshole the whole time and would be just eager for the fire to be over so that you can kick his ass and remind him that this is all his fault. If anything, that would just set you farther apart.

Based on BvS, Snyder would've made it look like a cave troll

Adrian's plan was untenable no matter what.

Yeah, but ironically enough, it makes more sense with the giant space squid.

>this was Russia's squid
>false flag
Nah.

It's not so much uniting against an enemy, it's fear. Who could stop Manhattan? If he so chooses, he could destroy the world.

Also it was stated in the comic that Manhattan's presence skewed the Cold War. The balance was off. The Russians knew they were hopelessly outgunned. That just might be enough to do something desperate.

But if Manhattan is everybody's enemy... and if he's like "Play nice or I will destroy everybody"..

That IS actually better than the squid. The squid was too intangible a threat. And it would be responded to by building new weapons to use against the squid's people.

Can we stop calling it a squid. If anything it looks like an octopus.

Anyway, the 'alien invasion' subplot didn't add much and would have fitted an HBO mini series better than a movie.

It's Watchmen - the whole fucking story is goofy as hell, and one giant squid was deemed the threshold?

>The idea that the nations of the world would unite to fight an unknown is implausible

Gee, it's almost as if the comic had no intention in building a plausible and long-lasting peace
It's almost as if since the characters found out about Ozy's plan things started getting more and more absurd