How the fuck did I not know this about Paul Boyd, the animator for Ed, Edd, and Eddy?

How the fuck did I not know this about Paul Boyd, the animator for Ed, Edd, and Eddy?

>He was shot and killed on August 13, 2007, by a police officer in downtown Vancouver. A video recorded by tourists showed Boyd being shot nine times after wielding a bicycle chain at officers who came to respond to an emotional disturbance involving him. The ninth shot that struck Boyd was fired as he was on the ground. The officer who shot Boyd was cleared in the death. The use of force was criticized by many of Boyd's colleagues and relatives.

What the fuck. Is this why the show was discontinued?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Perry_(writer)
youtube.com/watch?v=207_FGF3wZk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This show was so good.

I found out a year or so ago. Im pretty sure this is why the show ended. I actually cry about it occasionally.

Fuck the police, even in Canada. Cartoon Network could of fought for him, but they didnt.

Iliminaughty is REAL.

Ignoring the intimidating bald head, do you think he was a coked up maniac? I thought non-American westerner police were supposed to more brave and merciful?

There's actually a video of it, it's pretty horrible. They clearly use excessive force. I mean you can hear them continuing to shoot after he's been disabled. That description makes it sound like there are nine shots in quick succession but it's not like that.

Please feel free to retort with a thought.

> A video recorded by tourists showed Boyd being shot nine times after wielding a bicycle chain at officers who came to respond to an emotional disturbance involving him. The ninth shot that struck Boyd was fired as he was on the ground. The officer who shot Boyd was cleared in the death. The use of force was criticized by many of Boyd's colleagues and relatives.
>A video recorded by tourists
Why didn't they help him?

I don't think the attack is fully recorded, but when he's killed he's crawling towards a group of 4 or 5 policemen and one of them shoots him in the head.

Name ONE culture that endorses standing up to crazy monsters with a badge. No, niggers do not count.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Perry_(writer) RIP stephen and paul

Because they didn't want to get shot too?

Nope. Most Western police are taught to save themselves and shoot first. So they're less like domestic soldiers of peace and more like pest control for people.

Jesus Christ.

>Why didn't they FUCK DA POLICE
Have you ever left your house? I haven't, but I am connected to the internet. Even a NEET like me knows better. Are you an alien from Planet X?

No dumbass the show ended right when it was running out of ideas. 6 season s=is pretty fucking good. Would you rather it run continuously to this day?

They probably didn't want to get murdered either, and were also scared shitless

it's easy to point fingers when you're not in the situation itself

Reading between the lines he was pretty clearly a drug addict, so that's extremely unfortunate but less surprising. I could believe a junkie would kill him for even that amount of money.

I NO RITE police be so eviil and shit, shooting innocents left and right it crazy

heres another victim, FUCK DA POLICE!

I don't care about niggers, but shooting the creator of one of the best cartoons ever created...
NOW I AM MAD

its part of the police code that if you discharge your weapon you must shoot to kill and empty your clip. if they just maim someone with a gun they can actually be reprimanded and even suspended in some cases. the gun is supposed to be a last resort and the reason so many police killings happen is because the officers draw their weapons much earlier than necessary and then can't fire warning shots/shoot to disable.

source: best friend growing up had a dad who was a cop. pretty good guy and understood a lot of the issues law enforcement see on both sides.

Gee, it's almost like every case is different and taking things as either all or nothing is a stupid way to look at problems!

He was literally crawling on his hands and knees from being shot area and they shot him again to finish him off.

That means nothing. If you disable a mentally ill man and still shoot to kill him, regardless of what your police code says, that's your decision. He was just kneeling down when the police got to him in the first place.

Police aren't evil. They are just regular human beings who we have given authority to but have incorrectly trained how to wield it.

Frankly, if someone was attacking me with even a fucking spoon and i had a gun, I might very well use it but I'm not the police, who should be able to function with more tact and reason than a regular civilian.

Most of those people in that scandal were thugs or criminals, Micheal Brown included.
This guy was just having a mental breakdown, and instead of the officers just doing what had to be done to prevent him from hurting people, they just had to kill him.
That's not an officer doing their job and defending themselves, that's straight up brutality.

>Paul Boyd video
youtube.com/watch?v=207_FGF3wZk

Here it is. Make out what you can cause it's kinda shaky.

yeah that's what they said here too though. I have two family members in the Police, one still is, the other was fired for less than outstanding ethics. They really think there life is in danger from someone swinging a bike chain, or a 17 year old black kid, or whomever you want to point to. Its not right, its not fair, I hate it, but you can't change it.

There was an article up the other day about a guy that two officers tassered to death, one officer had his hands and knees on the guys chest and the other just shocked the shit out of him. Threatened to shoot him too, in the middle of it. They guy was having a nervous breakdown, but it is going to far. You can find video of it pretty easily.

I thought that was Patamon for a moment

This. A million times.

A shift towards a militarized system, a general fear of the community (us vs. them), and a lack of intra-personal training, mental health support and non-aggressive options are what's behind a lot of issues with U.S. police forces.

>It's only brutality when they're white

That's crazy talk

I don't know about Michael Brown as I didn't follow that thoroughly, but if a guy attacks me with a bicycle chain, in no way have I a right to kill him.

I train in Jiu Jitsu for 14 years now. I didn't get my first dan for excessive force (got it later after improving on several other counts). That is, if someone attacks you with a stick, you cannot answer that with a defense harming him more than the stick would harm you (or others). People in my country (Germany) are very strict with that. I don't know about martial arts inside the dojo, because I see it as a kind of performance, but it always should apply to the real thing.

Gun > bicycle chain. You would get pretty nasty wounds from a bicycle chain, but you would just be dead from a gun (assuming kill shot, which was the case).

So no matter what the guy was about to do with that bicycle chain, they should have tried out their hand to hand combat skills or used their batons.

>Most of those people in that scandal were thugs or criminals, Micheal Brown included.
Yeah, that small child in a park and the guy with a toy gun were grade A criminals,huh.

If only they made a bunch of drawings so they could get even a chance at your sympathy.

>police brutality is a problem
>"shut the fuck up nigger"
>they shot a white person
>"police brutality is a problem!"

>non-American
The group of cops probably were all migrants from the USA who got their positions due to affirmative actions.

A person's past criminal history has no bearing on split second decisions when someone is attacking you. Fact is he was coming at a cop with a weapon, if he had been black I'm sure you would be all for him getting shot.

tumblr is a at it again

But Danny Antonucci is just fine.

>being shot nine times after wielding a bicycle chain at officers who came to respond to an emotional disturbance involving him
9 shots for that? really?

>The officer who shot Boyd was cleared in the death
How?

seriously, how that happens?

Let me give you a gun and then set someone to run after you swinging a chain, if you were stupid you'd end up seriously hurt along wih other bystanders because you wouldn't pull the trigger. The cop made the right decision.

That's America, my friend.

>Antonucci kills a cop to avenge Boyd

>Wielded and attacking with are different things, though. Why didn't they just clear the area and talk him down/tase him/pepperspray him/etc?

And don't give me that "It would be hard to do that with traffic and whatever" excuse because then you're implying it's easier to kill a man and be done with it than actually put effort into doing your job as an officer of the peace.

>Let me give you a gun and then set someone to run after you swinging a chain
Well fuck I hope you do that AFTER I receive proper police training.

Otherwise what in the fuck is wrong with you.