Wolverine Origins

>X-Men Days of Future Past ends with Mystique disguised as Stryker to save Wolverine from the Weapon X program
>Apocalypse has Wolverine captured by the Weapon X program

Brava, Singer! Brava, Fox! CLAP.CLAP.CLAP. That is truly amazing. You could have actually put love and care into your X-Men Film Continuity like Marvel Studios's MCU. But you decided to just take a big dump on it. That takes dedication. And major props to Singer for forgetting what happens in his own movie he directed two years ago.
Man, I sure am glad the X-Men are with Fox and not with some who actually cares about them and makes fun movies (like Marvel Studios).

I'm just glad Seann William Scott is getting work again.

Bryan Singer has a lot on his plate - a harem of teenaged boys, to be honest - so he can't be bothered with little things like continuity.

clearly the organization was still in existence

>Put Wolverine in the actual Barry Windsor Weapon X outfit
>Except they fucked up the mask because if you pay Hugh Jackman 20 million dollars, you're going to show his face at all times
>He even had a bit where he took it off all slowly that would have made for a great reveal, but fuck it you can already see his eyes the whole time so it doesn't matter

At least they finally gave him the full 80's mullet hair.

I don't understand why you're so upset about this

there was no proof that mystique was going to save wolverine from weapon x

your head canon is wrong. pay attention pleb

Do people actually get paid to do this shit?
Not even Chinese government does this. Paying I mean

They should just give the rights back to Marvel.

but c-continuity

Did he still have metal claws in the new future of DOFP? Because they had to account for that in Apocalypse somehow, all the ending in the last film showed was that Mystique rescued him from drowning. You could infer many things from that like OP, but it isn't proof that reconciles with him still getting a metal skeleton anyway.

>Except they fucked up the mask because if you pay Hugh Jackman 20 million dollars, you're going to show his face at all times
Fucking stupid. Like when Eddie Brock hardly showed his Venom face.

It would have been better if they had established how stryker had caught wolverine and turned him into weapon X

Or better yet avoided the whole wolverine thing cause it was unnecessary and would have changed nothing to the story

>Make an entire movie to clean up the shitty continuity of the series
>It doesn't
>Immediately goes back to fucking up continuity again
It's like I'm reading Bendis.

But that's even stupider, no one wants to see Eric Foreman's face.

It's shitty and lazy.

>Or better yet avoided the whole wolverine thing cause it was unnecessary and would have changed nothing to the story
That would of been smart. But how can Fox promote HughBub in the trailer to Normies if he isn't in the movie?

I actually like it. They accidentally, through sheer incompetence managed to make their films as convoluted as the actual X-Men comics. It's almost charming.

Seriously though, what was the point of that stinger in DOFP? It feels like it was just there to have a stinger, Apocalypse totally ignored it

>The movie with least Wolverine is the one that made the least money
Never ever again.

Yeah its respecting the source material that way

But Deadpool only has a passing reference to Wolverine and it made the most money.

Deadpool is more popular than the X-Men

The point was to have a stinger no matter what it was. It could of been Beast talking to Nightmare King and it still would not of mattered. No one at Fox (especially not Singer) gives a fuck about consistently and continuity.

The point was test-audiences felt it was depressing for the movie to end with Stryker picking up Wolverine for Weapon X as planned, so they slapped Mystique's yellow eyes and a narration by Xavier about the future changing to end on a more positive note.

Singer said that they're working with the notion that Mystique let Wolverine go, but the timeline course-corrected, and he ended up found by Stryker and put on Weapon X anyway.

No it isn't. Wolverine always needs to go through Weapon X to get his Adamantium.

It's not really X-Men until they spend half of the next movie on a ridiculously convoluted sideplot explaining why it's not actually a plothole after all.

They could have just not included the whole Weapon X section. It was just there to force a Wolverine cameo and was really jarring. All they got out of it was a different plane to crash.

Oh shit, they do look alike

Da faq? Who did he play? Arcade?

what makes you think that mystique wanted to save Wolverine?

>All they got out of it was a different plane to crash.
With no survivors?

She turned good at the end and

>I thought I was the only one completely confused on the timeline
At the end of Day's of Future Past Xavier tells Wolverine "welcome back old friend" or whatever. Are there two parallel timelines going on right now? Did Wolverine going back in time fuck things up and split shit but he was able to go back to the original timeline? If so, why was Cyclops and Jean Grey alive? He changed something.

Why was Emma Frost a teen girl in the 70s, but also a fully grown woman in the 60s?

Why is Boliver Trask a black man and also a short white midget?

What the fuck is going on with Wolverine, and now Deadpool? How does he have his claws back? If everything happened the way that it did, how is he captured again with his metal claws?

Isn't Magneto a little young to have been in a German death camp? Did Havok even age at all?

Expanding on this, my theory is that they just want Hugh Jackman to continue playing Wolverine but they fucked up their own timeline so much that they don't even fucking care anymore. As long as they can shit out another Wolverine movie with Hugh Jackman no one actually gives a fuck what's going on.

After that I suspect they'll try to reboot the entire series to hold onto the movie rights, like they did with Fantastic Four. At least Sony is realizing that they can't do it alone with Spider-Man.

MCU lacks continuity to be fair.

All the recurring characters have different personalities and motives each new movie to shoehorn them into whatever the new plot requires. See Iron Man, Loki, etc

Then the shit with tv verse which was supposed to be canon, then when they obviously didnt a good job managing continuity they had stealthy remove them from canon or at least ignore them.

But hey, at least the Netflix shows are canon! Then we have conflicting reports of the NY invasion and people outright ignoring it when it would be more than relevant to certain successes, specially at a court.

Doesn't bother me nearly as much as every young mutant Idolizing Mystique.

Storm I get or can at least forgive, but the kids at the school? Not one of the teachers, not Alex Summers, Not Prof X, NO ONE thought that having those kids idolize this self centered bitch who was the villain through out most of that last encounter until she decides at the last minute to save the president was a bad idea. And that maybe they should be told the truth before unintentionally creating anymore mutant terrorists.

DOFP future is a different continuity. In that continuity he lost the adamantium on the claws because Silver Samurai took his claws off. But then he joins Magneto, so he could as well fix the issue easily since Adamantium is not indestructible here, just highly durable.

What do you mean?

While we're -kinda- on the subject, would any of you be excited for X-Men to join the MCU? Or would you prefer for them to not share a universe with the rest of Marvel?

I'm afraid it would just be one giant fucking clusterfuck.

She saved the fucking president retard.

Are there two parallel timelines going on right now?
Yes. Old time line, good ending and new time line uncertain ending. Old timeline bad ending was discarded.

Why was Emma Frost a teen girl in the 70s, but also a fully grown woman in the 60s? Psychic powers. She does the same when she is old in the comics to hide her uglyness

Why is Boliver Trask a black man and also a short white midget?
Why is two face negro Apollo and then Tommy Lee Jones in Batman forever? Do you really need a recast explained?

What the fuck is going on with Wolverine, and now Deadpool? How does he have his claws back?
Wolverine in the new continuity was freed by Mystique but later captured again because the timeline corrects itself.

That their motives, personalities and desires change in every movie specially when Whedon got the characters 2 times and discarded most of the shit from their own movies.

They also still cant decide if tv is canon or not. Or if Netflix is canon or not.

The entire cast of X-Men? No. They have just as many characters as the MCU and it would be a clusterfuck. I think the only character that anyone would want to see join is Wolverine.

I'm wondering if the Netflix series will be in the Infinity War. No one really cares about Jessica Jones, but maybe Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Daredevil and the Punisher. I mean fuck it really, that's what everyone wants to see. As long as you're bringing magic into it I'm sure you could shoehorn Ghost Rider into it for a cameo. At the end of season 2 of Daredevil they could have somehow brought out Blade. Instead of being about literal vampires, some weird genetic manipulation or something. It would have made Daredevil so much better if the season finale showed Blade.

>She saved the fucking president retard.

She fought her ex boyfriend on TV and it just so happened to result in saving the presidents life.

>I'm afraid it would just be one giant fucking clusterfuck.
Thats cause it is. 20+ Xmen plus all the avengers and co. Movie wise, it just can't coexist seamlessly.

>Bryan Singer has a lot on his plate - a harem of teenaged boys, to be honest - so he can't be bothered with little things like continuity.

that angel boy is so hot

People already bring up shit like 'where was Tony while this was going on'.

Can you imagine that shit with X-men around? There's almost no excuse for every movie NOT being some huge cross over event.

A recast? That's pretty fucking extreme considering that the two actors playing the same character are about as opposite as you can get.

Emma Frost was only pretending to be a 30 year old woman, and then she shows up only pretending to be a teen girl ten years later?

Why doesn't the events from The Wolverine carry over into X1, X2 and X3. That's before the timeline shift. Wouldn't Scott remember being rescued by Wolverine?

>>Make an entire movie to clean up the shitty continuity of the series
>>It doesn't
>>Immediately goes back to fucking up continuity again
>It's like I'm reading Bendis.

comics in general, look at DC many crisis, reboots, retcons;
marvel too

>continuity in the comics is a mess
>continuity in the movies is also a mess
working as intended

>Wouldn't Scott remember being rescued by Wolverine?

Scott never actually saw Wolverine.

>But Deadpool only has a passing reference to Wolverine and it made the most money.

good superhero movies will get good box office

or Wolvie got capture between films

It's been awhile but I never got the impression she was freeing him. Just retrieving his body. What she did with it is any ones guess.

I kind of assumed Logan, retaining some knowledge of the future, asked Stryker-Mystique to put him through the adamantium process to prepare for whatever shitstorm comes their way.

So a large hairy man running around with metal claws is never discussed? I mean, having such a traumatic experience one of the first things you want to know is why and what happened.

So what's up with Professor X first meeting Wolverine in the future films talking about how "he's seen this before". Should he know exactly where this kind of shit has been talking place? Didn't he even meet Wolverine in a bar and was told to fuck off?

He never saw most of those kids again. Who's he going to talk about it with the Professor? And then what? IS Xavier going to waste most of his day counseling this kid or just make his mind more comfortable about what happened.

Yea he saw it before because he was the one that rescued the kids that were being experimented on. He met a guy in a bar for less than a minute before being told to FUCK OFF.

Inconsistency isn't the same thing as a lack of continuity.
The TV stuff was always going to be a tenuous continuity at best, it's like how there's a Blade and Buffy movie and TV show or any other number of things that got such a treatment.

They can share ideas without being connected.

Continuity? In a X Men movie?

FUCK NO. Keep that shit away from the MCU. Clusterfuck is an understatement
>Oh there are mutants now btw
The X Men are fine where they are. Have FOX give up the F4

Its not a plot hole, she saves him but he obviously is fated to be captured again. Otherwise he'd have had to be in the weapon x program for TEN YEARS

>Brava, Fox! CLAP.CLAP.CLAP.
Fuck DCucks are obnoxious as hell, its like Im on Tumblr

How the fuck would they have time to show that?

Here, this explains everything
XMEN ORIGINS IS NOT CANON
They said they multiple times, it doesn't count. Therefore, any plotholes originating from it dont count

This is what I'd assumed. If he was captured in DoFP he'd be a full blown, mind controlled monster out doing missions by the time Apocolypse happens

>Xavier's students first mission
>They take on fucking world destroying Apocolypse and win.
>They struggle against fucking Toad in the first X-Men
I like to think of the X-Men series as a anthology series that doesn't care for it's continuity, cause it's better that way.

Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Whimey Bullshit

You do realise it's a seperate timeline right? and that there were less of them than in Apocolypse fighting Magneto, a dude who had a major pivotal role in defeating Apocolypse?

most of the defeating Apocalypse came from Pheonix and Magneto

I just thought it was an odd decision to have such a young version of the group fight Apocolypse. Like it can only go lower from here, I don't mind it cause I actually think the films are better off focusing on the younger cast.

They wanted to give Wolverine his metal claws but not have DoFP end on a cliffhanger.

Apocalypse is a bitch in the movie. Magneto does most of the work and kills millions of people.

Given the posting style: autism.

some of us actually care about the quality of our superhero movie, Foxshill

I guess that's why the MCU is so much better than the FoX-MenU :^)

THIS
H
I
S

Origins is non-canon

Yes, but give it a 5 year break after this horrible anachronism of a series ends. They seem to be against doing recasting in the MCU now, so that means when the core of the Avengers line-up is done, that's it, until they decide to reboot. Thor and Captain America may get replaced and continue, but whether or not that means as individual franchises, or just in avengers, is the question. I'm not sure about the Iron Man franchise. Rhodey could've been a replacement, but they made him a total dork in the movies who no one wants as a leading man. Its probably the biggest MCU franchise outside avengers, but without Downey Jr. I'm not sure if it can go on right now. Basically the franchise isn't bigger than RDJ.

So to fill in holes in the MCU they're going to need more franchises. I think an MCU X-men could be really good. And a proper wolverine would be nice.

>Emma Frost was only pretending to be a 30 year old woman, and then she shows up only pretending to be a teen girl ten years later?
Yes, depends on how it suits her better she changes her appearance through mental manipulation. This is something she uses a lot in the comic books. You would know if you ever read some.

>A recast? That's pretty fucking extreme considering that the two actors playing the same character are about as opposite as you can get.
Like Apollo and Tommy Lee Jones.

>Why doesn't the events from The Wolverine carry over into X1, X2 and X3
And this is plain bait. The Wolverine happens several years after Phoenix died in X3 in the old continuity. It leads directly into the bad ending of DoFP. Are you mistaken it with Origins by any chance?

>And a proper wolverine would be nice
I would love to have a Wolcerine that finally wears his costume. Or just for all of the X-Men to have better costumes.

FUCKING TIME TRAVEL HOW DOES IT WORK?

Also Apocalypse was beaten by a cosmic entity. It was an asspull sure, but it wasnt beaten by regular methods. And X1 doesnt happen in the new continuity.

>And a proper wolverine would be nice.
The proper Wolverine for the masses is now Jackman. Just like RDJ wasnt anything like Tony Stark when he did Iron-man 1, but now everyone associates Tony Stark with his version. Even the comics mutated Tony into movie Tony

>Muh costumes
Yesterday was fun, campiness, and being less serious. Now that you got everything and more you complain about innane shit like costumes. They get the x-men colored costumes at the end...and they suck.

>They get the x-men colored costumes at the end
It's not the same. And they look terrible because Singer (like Snyder) is shit at costumes.

Fox and Singer need to take a lesson from the MCU.

Tom Halland proved to be the best Spider-Man(with the best Spider-Man costume). Now we need the same for Wolverine.

I haven't seen any major contradictions in the Netflix shows. Conflicting reports of the NY invasion? Got any examples?

Only thing I've noticed is when they forget to put in the Avengers tower

>The proper Wolverine for the masses is now Jackman. Just like RDJ wasnt anything like Tony Stark when he did Iron-man 1, but now everyone associates Tony Stark with his version. Even the comics mutated Tony into movie Tony

And the iconic Batman for years was Adam west. A few years ago the "masses" thought Tobey Maguire was irreplaceable. All it takes is a good take in the movies.

There's a constant repetition of "oh we can't do____, that's too silly, oh that only works in the comics, oh this won't work for movie audiences". and every time we keep getting things that where said to be impossible. Its a tired, unimaginative argument that only serves to defend the status quo for some ill-guided reason.

Same can't be said for the Transformers too

MCU, Andrew and Maguire's costumes were consistently good.

Now if only we get a better looking black suit.

>Apocalypse is a bitch in the movie.
is great when the movies capture the core of the character

He just can't catch a break.

well i admit he was very proactive, it took him like two hours get his first horse, probably less than two days get the get whole gang and in a weak he get rid of all the nuclear weapons.

its funny as many that wanted sony to hand over the rights for spider man to marvel we would have equal demand for fox to hand over xmen

xmen movies get worse overtime. its not casting in the earlier ones its just shit scripts. i mean its like what 5 fucking movies for what ultimately is the extinction agenda story line without the cool stuff from it

its almost makes you think they couldnt find digital comics of the xmen that had other plots besides "humans bad"

hey now!
solid snake wrote that script!

Fox only wanted X-men for the whole segregation realism angle they could spin from it.

Script?

"We should make Sabertooth Wolverine's brotherrrr, and give him long blonde hairrrr." "What the hell are you talking about, Snake?" "And then we change Colossus's name to Metal Gear."

>People being this autistic

Just because Wolverine didn't immediately get carted off to Weapon X in 1973 doesn't mean he couldn't have been tracked and captured in the following decade. The matter of the fact remains, Wolverine can't be Wolverine without Adamantium and you need Weapon X to happen or it's not the same character anymore. Besides, his cameo appearance was fucking sweet and good way to explain why three kids with barely control over their powers could save everybody from Weapon X without getting caught, Wolverine slaughtering all personnel got the job done.

>Doesn't bother me nearly as much as every young mutant Idolizing Mystique.

To be fair, it does make a lot of sense within the story. Mystique becomes the first public hero mutant when she saves the President in live TV and thus becomes synonymous with helping Mutants becoming slightly more accepted in the world. It's annoying because it doesn't really work that well with Mystique we comic fans love, but it doesn't come out of nowhere.

>What is Xavier instilled mental blocks on Jean to contain the Pheonix

No No-Prize to you, my friend.

>Colonel William Stiffler