Train to Busan Thread

Why did the ending of this hit me so fucking hard? I don't get emotional watching movies like ever, but something about this got to me big time. For those who've seen it? What'd you think of the heartbreaking final scene on the train?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i-si3ziDH1c
en.koreaportal.com/articles/26755/20170211/train-to-busan-2-release-date-news-update-lee-min-ho-song-joong-ki-start-filming-june-2017-gong-yoo-dies-rumors.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Guy really came through in the end.

It was probably one of the few good zombie movies (not saying much). Had a pretty good production value; I don't speak moonrune so I can't say much for the acting. Make up, special effects, and editing were on par with WWZ, but had a better story

good old dad finally own up to his neglect and sacrifice himself for his daughter

The final scene would be even more depressing for parents who have children around that age.

He didn't sacrifice himself. He got bit accidentally so of course he had to off himself

yeah i guess i used the word wrong, still a good movie

anyway, talking about asian zombie, did any of you guys watch I am a hero, jap movie made from manga, pretty campy but i like it

By Shinsuke Sato? Is it worth watching?

The first movie ever was the arrival of a train (at the Ciotat station). this movie shows the departure of a train, it is implied it is the end of cinema as a medium

Just kidding, I never heard of this movie.

Yes. It is good. I felt like I was watching drag me to hell

Oh shit, it's that level of good? I fucking loved Raimi's Drag Me To Hell, I gotta see that now.

youtube.com/watch?v=i-si3ziDH1c
purty good movie

It was really great but I can't see why this movie actually beat Spirited Away as the highest grossing non-Chinese, Asian movie of all time worldwide.

That is, before this movie was beat by Your Name. a few months later.

Did anyone ever watch the animated prequel? worth a marathon?

Live action has more broad appeal than animated movies.

don't it will leave you depressed while giving no answers to how the main guy in the mall got infected ;_;

>that ending

>She finished the song and it saved them

live action, zombie, good word of mouth
BAM, MONEY MONEY MONEY

this is the world we are living in when people still waiting week by week for the walking dead user

This. Only children and weebs care about your chinese cartoons

They're doing a Train To Busan 2.

en.koreaportal.com/articles/26755/20170211/train-to-busan-2-release-date-news-update-lee-min-ho-song-joong-ki-start-filming-june-2017-gong-yoo-dies-rumors.htm

I did like the movie, but the movie is a bit overrated.
But still, Train to Busan is quite an enjoyable movie with a great ending.

Why are koreans incapable of making movies without heavy handed drama? Every korean movie I've ever seen ends ultra tragically.

goddamn, don't they have other safe places ,fucking everybody rushing to busan, this is how they all gonna die

In the first movie they clearly stated that nearly every other city had fallen or broken quarantine and Busan was where the military and government were focusing their efforts

huh?

are their good dubs for this yet?

I want to get into foreign movies but I'm not a fucking librarian I'm not reading while trying to watch a movie

The US Blu-ray has an English dub but from what I heard, it's pretty terrible.
The UK Blu-ray only has subtitles.

This but some of the acting was flat and like many Asian films the ending was a little over dramatic. Apart from that like you said quite decent

>i want to get into foreign movies
>I'm not reading
Then you'd better start learning a fuckton of new languages, plebeian.

Just be a grown up and read subs. It's not difficult unless you are an actual retard.

I thought the movie was pretty entertaining. The heavier guy with the pregnant wife was a fucking boss. What pissed me off more than anything though was the COO of the bus company, who fucked a lot of people over, deserved a much more brutal death. I don't think he should have just been bitten. He should have been mauled by a pack. There was just no payoff for having to witness all of the shitty things he did.

I liked how they dealt with them. If they did what you suggested it would've felt too over the top and ridiculous. It felt more genuine the way it was

This.

Even as a kid, I easily got into subtitles for movies in languages I can't understand because I watched Studio Ghibli films a lot, as well as many Chinese martial arts movies like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Hero. All with subtitles.

This was before I learned how to speak Japanese and Mandarin, which I both learned to speak fluently when I was like 14.

And even when I was a kid, I already learned how to speak fluent French and German in addition to English.

The gangster with the pregnant wife was a boss

>that scene where they talk about dads' roles in society
That would definitely spawn a few clickbait articles if it was an American movie

What part of Korea is she from?

I forgot

Kill yourself.

I Am a Hero was great. Much better than Train to Busan.

>anyway, talking about asian zombie, did any of you guys watch I am a hero, jap movie made from manga, pretty campy but i like it
The real question is, if I fuck a ZQN japanese schoolgirl, would I turn as well?

she's just an old lady, south korea used to be a repressive military dictatorship

>Seoul Station
More like Suck Station

I dug the way that he observed the dude who did everything he could to ensure his own personal survival. Just a few hours earlier, he was that same guy. It's one of the most thrilling movies in recent history, very creative with its use of what most would consider an overplayed story, and another strong point was its emotional scenes.

I got a kick out of her talking about how people would be 'reeducated' back in the day.
Seoul is genuinely one of the most boring places I've been. It's fun for a weekend, but if you stay any longer than that, you'll be bored out of your mind with there only being a few things to do.