The Shadow thread

Opinions on this series?
Worth the buy or should I get some other Dynamite series?

Other urls found in this thread:

viewcomic.com/the-shadow-000-2014/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump

Only Shadow I've read is from Masks.
And there he turns into Terminator. What a guy.

I haven't read it, but Ennis usually delivers. If you're going to go with Dynamite, this seems like a solid choice

Ennis' storyarc is okay as long as you keep in mind he added some erroneous changes to the character which I think got ignored by everyone else.

Thanks, should I check out any other character from Dynamite?

I was only thinking of getting this because it's volume 1, and volume 2 was written by other people.

So should I get this or skip ahead?

1941 Hitler Astrologer
The Shadow Now by Liss
Year one
Issue #0 by Cullen Bunn is petty great

Are they all self contained mini series?

Bunp

OP Here...
viewcomic.com/the-shadow-000-2014/

Dynamite is dogshit all around and can't do proper justice to any of their golden age hero properties

this

I thought it was Vigilante

I've the same nose

The Shadow Strikes! is so much better it's not even funny.

I liked Shadow 1941

What Shadow comic saw him dual-weilding MAC 10s?

I liked the Jennifer Blood series from beginning to end. Ennis' initial six-issue arc was great and over-the-top, then Al Ewing came in and kept up the same level of over-the-topness before Michael Carroll finally gave it a satisfying conclusion. The art isn't always stellar, but the story is so good it doesn't matter.

No way they publish some really entertaining comics. For example:

Ennis' Red Team
Uncanny
the first Masks series

>should I get some other Dynamite series?

Pick up the Borderlines series of trade paperbacks if you're looking to buy some Dynamite books. Brilliant black & white art by Eduardo Risso (some of the best of his career).

If you're determined to pick up the Shadow stuff published by Dynamite, go for their reprint of 1941: Hitler's Astrologer. Haven't read Ennis's Shadow, so I don't have an opinion of it one way or another.

Oh, just to add, Ennis's Battlefield is also a solid Dynamite pick-up. The Boys can be pretty good, too, although where you enjoy it or not probably depends on where you stand on superheroes and superhero satire. (I liked The Boys myself, but I know some superhero fans can get really annoyed by Ennis's criticisms of the genre.)

in addition to such fine publications such as Grumpy Cat and Smosh the Kings of Youtube Comedy