/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General

Warning: If you haven't watched until S3E04, spoilers abound.

Discuss.

FAQ:
>I have never watched Twin Peaks, can I start with Season 3?
No, but you will go watch an awful recap and do it anyway so don't ask
>I have not watched Season 2, can I skip to Season 3?
See above answer
>I have not watched Fire Walk with Me and The Missing Pieces, can I skip to Season 3?
See above answer
>Has everything leaked?
No, everyone is watching them as they come out. Ep 1-2 were released normally on 21st, Ep 3-4 on the internet that same night. Ep 3-4 will be re-aired on 28th. You can probably find torrents for 1-4 starting today.
>When does Episode 5 air?
June 4, same time as premiere

Meanwhile:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AswmFZMLWdQ
youtube.com/watch?v=IGUboLZx3Tk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH LAURA?
I thought she was dead but now she seems to be trapped in the lodge. Why does she rip her face off? Why does she scream? Can her soul not be at peace until Bob is killed?

its fucking brilliant

Will we see Chet?

She screamed because she's damn good at it and Lynch wanted her to use them pipes again.

this is a good show

The CG is fucking shit and ruins most scenes

try to debate me

>anons claiming the ayylmao is BOB's true form
isn't that from the novel or someshit? Didn't MIKE explain in season 2 that certain individuals could see his true form, that presumably being the long haired man Laura and others could see?

True, how did she not become a classic scream queen in horror flicks? What did she even do after Twin Peaks?

>tfw you just want to stay where you are

Threadly reminder that this is now officially required reading if you want to analyze the show

>It's a Bobby gets Vietnam flashbacks at the sight of Laura Palmer episode

I really liked that moment. Only thing I've disliked so far is the musical endings.

Bobby and Shelly definitely didn't work out

Thanks Jay.

>watches Lynch
>complains about the intentionally contrived effects
hurrrr durrr
I answered this last thread fucker

That's probably intentional

I'm so depressed at how uncomfy the new season is, at least show 2 old guys laughing at the double R or a scene at the Northern Hotel or a James scene, just something comfy

hmmm
have you considered that in fact, it didn't matter at all?

Just googled this chick, holy shit she has a perfect pair of tits

>Uncomfy

You didn't see eps 3 and 4 then

wait wtf where was he I missed him

Kept wondering if that drugged out chick with the kid was another Laura but by now my brain feels like mashed potatoes and anything goes.

are chris isaak or keifer in the cast

>albert intensifies

This is clearly more in line with the movie than season 1/2

I got the feeling that they're messing with the doppelgangers now, making it seem like Laura that was murdered was actually her doppelganger and that real Laura is trapped in the lodge.

Dunno about the face thing though.

Did anyone else feel genuinely proud to see Bobby in that uniform? That was some cathartic shit.

Someone please post the webm or at least pictures of them two getting absolutely gored by the Shadow Ayy

I need it

I hope based Lynch filmed some nude scenes of agent Tammy

Downloading it now. Anything else? How about the diary of Laura Palmer? Anything in there worth reading?

Just picked it up today, when Cera mentioned Lewis & Clark I shat a brick.

Probably something to that effect. Honestly I think Lynch was just trying to fuck with the uninitiated with the scenes involving Dougie and Retard Coop

You gotta remember, Cooper's character was pretty fresh and weird in 1990, but now it's gotta be rebooted a bit so new watcher don't get bored with the now played-out stereotype his character arguably helped to invent.

I think that's the only shot from the trailer we haven't seen yet.

I watched the series and the movie several years ago. What the fuck is the tree thing supposed to be? What the fuck was that SCP creature in the glass box that went apeshit?

He did for his private collection.

>a transgender character has balls of steel

Cmon now Lynch

listen to the diary audiobook as well as coopers tapes just because.

Horne brothers are my favorite returning members and I hope they get more screentime soon.

Is it just me or is Tammy just being blatantly sexualized?

Like the camera panned down to her ass as she was walking away, blatantly

I'm not usually looking for stuff like that but this felt very on the nose

Being in the lodge doesn't mean you aren't dead

That whole scene was horrifying.

The electric tree is the "evolution" of the arm, that is, the dancing midget.

Tree creature is objectively the spooky midget, the glass box creature is (maybe) BOB.

I'll just leave it here:

youtube.com/watch?v=AswmFZMLWdQ

Someone post that FINE BLACK ASS

She looked really familiar when I first saw her, nice face and, uh, that ass
Kind of wish she hadn't been butchered by evil four-dimensional alien thing, wanted to know more of her backstory

I totally forgot that was a thing

wonder how the media is going to play it up, probably going to complain about it

Duh?

>Mary Sues are fresh characters

The diary really isn't worth reading. Some of it was even retconned in FWWM. The Autobiography of Dale Cooper is an interesting little read though. Really captures that old school boy scout feel you'd associate with him.

Isn't there definitive proof that Evil Coop "created" Dougie or is that just an assumption

yeah I'm glad to see him doing well, his dad would have been proud.

>muh comfy

The tree is the evolved form of MIKE's detached arm (the midget). The midget went on a social media smear rampage awhile back and also asked for too much money, so I guess this was Lynch's way to write his likeness out.

pretty sure it's intentional and not like sincere if that makes sense

>Knew a Chromatics song was going to be featured in the show
>It's fucking Shadow
>They even made a Blue Velvet tribute video during the airing

GOD-TIER OST BRAVO LYNCH

Well it's not like she is a good actress user...

I really, really hope not. Of all the returning characters they've deteriorated the most pretty obviously, and to see their chemistry just kind of die like that hurts a lot.
THAT'S THE JOKE you mongoloid. Remember in Season 2 when a transexual David Duchovny comes to Twin Peaks and starts hitting up Cooper for details on jailbait Audrey Horne?

HE
IS
THE ARM
AND
HE SOUNDS
THIS
THRPZRKZRKTHPTHPTHPBIII

Is that synthpop band in the bar a real band? Anyone know who the are?

He was acting ominous when asked about the his surveillance for the drug trafficking routes. Makes me believe he's involved somehow.

There's an audiobook of the diary? This is the first I'm hearing about cooper tapes.

I like the musical endings.

Thread theme:

here

First band was Chromatics. Last band was Au Revoir Simone. Don't know who the guitar guys were.

Mike says he was manufactured and his purpose did seem to be getting sucked into the Lodge instead of the doppelganger.

Also
>Doppelganger is now in the same prison as the person he wanted to talk to anyway

au revoir simone

He was literally a drug dealer in high school

hmm did not pick up on that at all, will have to rewatch in a week or 2.

Alright eurofriends I'm going to bed, you keep the ball rolling with the generals while I sleep, I want something to read when I wake up

If you don't do this, then BOB will come for you

It wasn't an FBI suit, but damn did it suit him. He learned from his father, and that's a beautiful thing.

PURE FUCKING HEROIN BABY

K I N O

How was cooper a Mary Sue? Several people died while he was on the case and ultimately he was defeated and trapped in the Lodge for 25 years. Hell, he even got shot.
MIKE says someone created him, and the form he takes after death is similar to the form of the Evolution of the Arm which MIKE created. So the logic seems to add up.

Anyone have a screencap of the "Donut Disturb" sign?

HeLLOoOoooOOO

>Chromatics Pay Tribute To David Lynch's "Blue Velvet"
Perfect

Guitar lads are the cactus blossoms

>Ben and Jerry giving each other shit
>Wine mom Shelly hanging out at the roadhouse
>Hawk, Andy and Lucy shenanigans
>Log Lady
>Gordon and Albert in the car in South Dakota

Fuck you m8

Was anyone else surprised to see Matthew Lillard? Also what was the fucking point of that subplot?

He ain't dead though

did he just do the arm's voice? Or are we going to see him soon?

lel, google auto suggests dwarf instead of midget

his likeness was written out in season 1.
"The next time you see me, it won't be me"
Arguably could refer to Leland Palmer with the dancing, but it's a nice thread either way

I haven't heard shit from the "not canon" crowd, and they were out in droves for the past few days. They're probably hanging from their ceilings.

Does anyone else think they kinda ruined the Black Lodge/Waiting Room scenes? I can't explain it, but there's just something so different about them now compared to the original series.

Mr. Jackpots was comfykino

he's nuts

He's not going to be in the new season. He hates Lynch and has been slandering him on social media for years.

Is this going to be a series finale season or will another season follow after?

The cast is getting really old if they're going to try and pull another one after this

What the FUCK was up with this guy?

MIcheal cera's speach impediment.

Don't forgot Bobby living up to his fathers vision of him.

Post yfw

>HelllooOOOOO

That's why Lynch is based. Not succumbing to the social norms of millennials. Women are hot, why not showcase it.

With all the insanity of episodes 3-4 I forgot Jerry became a fucking weed plantation owner
that was hilarious

the army thing is already a connection probably to the glass box/billionaire

She's too fucking gorgeous

Where are episodes 3 and 4? I can't find them anywhere. Anyone got a stream or mega to them?

So he's perfect for the role?

I guess he doesn't need a nice fat pay check that badly?

CLAIM YOUR WAIFUS

It's hard not to when she oozes sex.

There are some kind of coordinates that Evil Cooper has to get from him. Did Shaggy do it you guys?