So which vidya characters would be his allies if this show was made today?

So which vidya characters would be his allies if this show was made today?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Captain-N-The-Game-Master-Production-Show-Premises-6-Pages-NINTENDO-SB007-/391120292034?hash=item5b109608c2:g:p74AAOSwBLlU93yB
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Probably call of duty and minecraft shit. Those are still the big ones for gamers, right?

Halo

the same except for memelvania

Would the Chosen Undead be the new Simon Belmont?

reminder that the "N" in captain N means Nintendo

Squids
A fuck ton of Fire Emblem people

That's right. So I guess a ripoff of pocket monsters then. Link I guess. Mario probably.

Minecraft is on Wii U.

Bayonetta
A pokemon probably Pikachu
Link
That's all I can think of but I guess you need at least two more to round out the team.

Not mario
Not link
Not splatoon
Not Kirby

and a dog

Just team up with this guy and steamroll everything.

>Belmont
>Megaman

They aren't even Nintendo characters.

They were Nintendo consoles, that was enough back then.

>Uprising ver. of Pit. Energetic and a bit reckless.
>Normal Mega Man. Determined and also the more of the everyman who tries to keep the team focused. (A bit of the personality of the archie comics ver.)
>Simon Belmont as the old-english speaking guy, basically the Thor-like "Fish out of water"

I'd watch it

>>Simon Belmont as the old-english speaking guy, basically the Thor-like "Fish out of water"
Fuck, that's kind of great.

You have no idea how much I want a modern re-imagining of Captain N.

Especially one made by the guys that make Miraculous Ladybug

Samus, but Captain N thinks she's a guy for at least two or three episodes.

That'll be the obligatory 'girl power' episode.

Might be fun, but I dunno if that joke would fly in today's society. Let's go meta with it.

>Hello, Captain N. My name is Samus and I'm here to help. What's the matter? Surprised that I'm a woman?
>Huh? No, of course not. Uh, why would I be?

No wait, I take it back. We have him think she's a guy for a couple eps, then when she takes off her helmet, no one overreacts. Everyone's all, "Oh. Whatever," and proceeds like normal.

>Princess Peach
>Samus
>Captain Falcon
>Olimar
>R.O.B.

Peach replaces the Donut Steel princess but actually helps out on adventures, Samus has a gruff, military drill sergeant attitude. Captain Falcon is the Simon Belmont of the show, Olimar helps get the gang out of situations with the help of his Pikmin and R.O.B. is the butler-type character that replaces Gameboy and he speaks in a British accent.

Ridley, Bowser and Ganondorf are the main three villains. The main plot is that multiple villains throughout Video Land joined together and took it over and heroes like Mario and Link have been imprisoned now Captain N, one of the biggest gaming experts out there is stripped from his home to help the remaining characters of Video Land. Most episodes involve them going to multiple worlds and meeting characters there like Megaman, Kid Icarus, Splatoon, Donkey Kong Country etc.

Well?

>So which vidya characters would be his allies if this show was made today?
Pushmo
Olimar
Wonder Red
Starfy
Anthony Higgs

You would think Captain N would already know Samus is a woman seeing he's suppose to be the big Nintendo expert the show likes to make us believe.

a squid girl from Splatoon
Marth
a Yellow Pikmin
Travis Touchdown

Maybe he never got the ending where they revealed Samus was a gurl?

Samus being revealed as a woman was a "big secret" back on the NES. There was only one Metroid game and you only unlocked her female appearance by being very good at the game. Add in that the internet and provided tips wasn't a thing, and the only people who did it were the ones who mapped out the game by hand and took notes on how to do so, probably with several playthroughs.

Oh shit. That means he played Other M. He's not gonna want that brat on his team.

Guest appearances by Youtubers

Captain N would now be a Let's Player.

>Samus takes off her suit and helmet after a tough battle
>clearly has the physique of a woman
>Captain N still thinks Samus is a male
>running gag of the show is that everyone, even the dumbest of characters, knows Samus is a girl, EXCEPT for Captain N
It's groanworthy enough to work.

In the Valiant comic her thirst for Kevin was great.

We're gonna need Peach to be that insane ninja badass version from the comics. I'd love to see anyone complain about her then.

>So which vidya characters would be his allies if this show was made today?
An unreasonable number of Fire Emblem characters and Pokemans.

>I'd love to see anyone complain about her then.

>she's only being competent because men are drawing her
>she's a male power fantasy in disguise!

Never doubt the stupidity some people will sink to in order to support an invalid point.

>"Oh Kevin. I've got a new game for you to Master... ;^)"
>"Alright Samus. I know exactly what you're implying and I'm sorry, but I'm just not gay."
>everybody facepalms

Metroid is not in the focus for Nintendo at all right now.

If you want a space future person, then Fox McCloud is more likely. With frequent cameos with the rest of his team.

Keep Pit since he's still pretty popular, just have him act like he did in uprising.

Replace the Princess with Dixie Kong so they'll still have a sassy female character.

Replace Simon Blemont with Chrom.

Have Megaman replace with Kirby

Have the main villains be Mother Brain with here two lackeys, Ridley and Kraid but haven where shes killed and the plot is hijacked by Ganon.

Have arc about Kevin having to compete in a a fighting arena aka Smash Brothers.

He'd probably get a ROB sidekick and Kevin's adventures would just take him to various Nintendo worlds with an extra partner in each episode.

Probably that chick from the Wii fit, Mario and a bunch of OCs nobody will ever give a shit about.

Not Steve from minecraft since minecraft is now on Nintendo.

Nintendo hates lets players.Why else would pewdiepie and pals refuse to touch a Nintendo game even with a 10 meter pole.

Nintendo is just biding their time. Waiting for Capcom's value to sink to its lowest point.

Megaman will belong to them soon.

The only person I would want to see make an appearance in a Captain N reboot is Chuggaaconroy, he's the biggest Nintendo guy I know of and he's still cool.

All of you are forgetting the spirit of Captain N: All characters included have the bare minimum of research done to them, hardly resemble the actual character at all, and include a few random ass characters with no rhyme or reason. With that in mind.

1. Wii Fit Trainer. Male, black, afro. Acts like an angry gym teacher, fights with a hockey stick.

2. Splatoon Girl. Looks like a garbage pail kid. Constantly talks about gross stuff. Doesn't use any sort of ink weapon and instead just spits globs of ink to attack.

3. Marth. Redesigned to look like King Arthur with blue armor. Acts noble and chivalrous. His sword is called the "Fire Emblem".

4. Diddy Kong. Looks basically the same, but wears shutter sunglasses. Speaks english peppered with ebonics, has a 'tude and a huge chip on his shoulder. Donkey Kong is never seen nor mentioned.

5. Nintendo 3ds with a face. It's exactly what you'd expect.

Same user as Gonna just throw my ideas out there because why not, im bored and I'm thinking how'd it be:

1/?
Heroes:
>Kevin is still the protagonist, maybe a little more cocky and unexperienced than the generic 90s bland protagonist.
>Still keep the jacket (as cheesy, it is still somewhat iconic) But maybe add a few armor pieces or more tech around him. Maybe implement a few Tokusatsu elements in his style.
>Have a mix between old and new with his arsenal. Keep the Zapper because its iconic but maybe give him a Wiimote-powered blade or a WiiU gamepad or 3DS for communication.
>Not sure if the exact same backstory when dragged to videogame land. Not sure if he is trapped forever inside or can go in and out when the action is over.

>Pit is his Uprising style. Talkative, energetic and sometimes reckless. No "icarus infliction" except for maybe parody it.
>He is an envoy of Palutena to fight the enemy menace. An arc later on probably set in Skyworld.
>Has his Palutena's Bow as well as some of the other Uprising weapons like the Orbitars or Hammer Arm.
>He and Kevin get along just fine and are usually the instigators of things.

>Mega Man is his classic self. No green no smoker voice.
>Basically a mix between his usual personalities across game and media. A bit from the games, from the archie comics, etc.
>He tries to be the more responsable one and try to keep things from going out of control (a difficult task). He is still courageous and smart.
>Maybe has access to some of the RM powers (probably limit it to just the MM1 to not make him overpowered).

>Simon Belmont as the actual Vampire Hunter and not what the one in the original ver. was.
>As I said before, the old-english speaking guy, basically the Thor-like "Fish out of water"
>Plenty of times where there's no indoor voice or he has to interact with more modern game tech.
>Has more than just the whip. Probably has the axes holy water, the works.

2/?
Supporting Cast:
>Lana is still in, but rather than a Princess for no reason she is more of a sage or keeper of the center of videogame land.
>Videogame land is made of all the different game worlds and the Palace of Power, rather than be the one who rules, is more of a nexus temple where the knowledge of all game worlds are kept and recorded for history, Lana's father being the former keeper until he disappeared.
>Have more of a relationship between her and Kevin.

>ROB replaces Game Boy, acting as Lana's assitant.
>A bit of a clutz or weirdo. Probably speaks of a similar yet less grating way to how Game Boy spoke.

>Dr. Light is now part of the supporting cast, having arrived to the Palace of Power with Mega Man to help and is the one in charge of keeping Kevin's weapons and items working.

>Kevin's dog could also be in but no idea what role could it fill. Seems kinda pointless.

Now Do It with PlayStation Characters.

>4. Diddy Kong. Looks basically the same, but wears shutter sunglasses. Speaks english peppered with ebonics, has a 'tude and a huge chip on his shoulder. Donkey Kong is never seen nor mentioned.
Oh lawdy, imagine the shitstorm.

>Whew

3/?
Villains:
>Mother Brain is still the main villain. Actually threatening and calulating.
>Doesn't show as much to the heroes but when it does shit goes down.
>There's probably lore about how videogame villains are forced to stay on their respective worlds but MB found a way to slip through the cracks (to explain why no other game villains aren't as prominent)
>Has more videogame enemies under her control that were send to her via pacts with other villains.
>Ridley is her second in command.
>Eggplant Wizard and King Hippo are still part of the group and still the bumbling lackeys.
>EW is an envoy from medusa, who is trapped in the underworld and made a deal with MB to escape. King Hippo just wanted to join what he believes is the winning team.
>Hippo doesn't talk, just speaks in grunts and growls like in Punch out Wii while EW can understand him just fine and translates for the audience.

>Other villains do appear later on but either have their more centred arcs or are trying to hijack MB's plan.
>Willy is a bit more recurring, having joined MB to one-up Light as well as being intimidated by the Space Pirates for collaboration.
>Ganondorf gets his own arc where he attempts just that. Maybe the likes of Bowser, Medusa and others get episodes or arcs devoted to them too.

4/4
Random Ideas:

>Other game heroes and character appear along the heroes' adventures. some more recurring than others.
>Samus is one of the ones that appear more frequently as she is trying to track down MB.
>As an inverse of the captain n comics, it's Kevin who has a massive crush on Samus but she doesn't care. Lana on the other hand is mad jelly.
>Donkey Kong is more of a neutral character, not really caring for saving the world but is easily to convince by the heroes whenever he is needed. He also lays smack down on both friends and foes whenever someone steps on his turf.
>Link and co. are also a little more recurring. Probably based on Hyrule Warriors as the game acts as a good middle ground between all timelines and games. Also a big role in the Ganondorf arc.
>Link doesn't talk and some jokes can be make on it. H has Proxi from HW to speak in his behalf.
>No idea if Mario'd even show up, probably just very few appearances to now overshadow anyone.
>Arc where they go to Skyworld and we get to see more of Palutena, Virid and the other KI characters.
>Dracula and his forces do appear but he is more of a schemer. siding with MB but just biding his time in order to take over when the time is right.
>Some Smash bros elements could be add to everything.

That's all I could think but if someone wanna brainstorm go right ahead.

Literally no one would care.

Whining about racial caricatures in media is old hat. It's all about women and LGBT now.

>Probably based on Hyrule Warriors
If that's the case why not also replace Lana with Lana?

>An episode where Tempura Wizard replaces Eggplant's role.
>EW then ends up helping the good guys to get his spot back.

Kevin could also never defeat Cut Man in the original Mega Man game, let's keep in mind.

Kevin would see the most drastic changes since he represented the average 90's kid. A modern Kevin would just sit and watch all the characters do things without his input while making retarded comments and carrying an inexplicable hatred for Sonic.

Huh. What if the main villain is a boss that Kevin could never beat? Or a villain that scared the shit out of him when he was a kid so he never picked up the game again?

This...this has potential.

Minecraft is owned by Microsoft though.

>and carrying an inexplicable hatred for Sonic.
And don't forget that vicious hatred for CoD and blind praise towards games from the 90s that he totally never played but wants to look like a seasoned gamer.

>Or a villain that scared the shit out of him when he was a kid so he never picked up the game again?

I think I might know who...

Needs Little Mac X Samus.

>There's an episode about a killer board game
>The Runaway Guys have to compete with Kevin, Inkling and...fuck, I dunno, Ninten?
>Chugga fucks up and accidentally summons Bowser Communism.
>Everyone fails the next minigame except for NCS
>They only win by somehow sharing the last star and using it to punt Bowser like a FOOTBALL!

I'm not totally sold on having Ninten here, but the Runaway Guys ep HAS to be a knockoff Mario Party.

Fairly certain this was the plot to at least one or two episodes.

One of them was Baillou Billy.

The cast of Gone Home

Luigi
Falco
Lucina
Zelda
Donkey Kong

Why thank you. It was just a thought i had like a few days ago.

I wouldn't know all the details so if anyone would change or add to it be my guest.

heaven help me

I have a friend that wants me to help him make a new captain N webcomics similar to that of most of the comics on snafu

I really don't want my name attached to something that has the possibility to be awful

nigga this show is barely nintendo, we are lucky it got pit.

its more like a show for characters that will never get their own series, so, i guess megaman wasnt that big during those days.

A show like this couldn't be made today unless it was like the lame knock-off The Power Team where all of the character were licensed by Acclaim.

>sonic boom
>mighty no 9
>pacman with teeths
>rosalina
>light yagami
>uprising pit memes
>minecraft dude
>too big

missing anybody?

It probably could only work if they keep it to just Nintendo characters.

>include a few random ass characters with no rhyme or reason.

I saw some Captain N pitch documents on eBay a while ago, and they included some examples of plot ideas. My favorite one was when they referenced an obscure 3 Stooges SNES game just so they could have an entire episode of Kevin getting into badly-animated slapstick.

So we'd definitely include the video game versions of people from real life. Maybe push that to a ridiculous level and have an episode about game designers who gave themselves cameos in their own games.

A few years ago I would have said the exact same characters but now that Nintendo has some new shit Its not such a simple answer

Holy shit, are there copies? I'd love to read that.

She's a little disappointed he isn't more upset. Like when Lisa joined football only to find out there're three girls on the team already.

Pit, Megman and Simon Belmont again, only the actual video game versions.
Also replace Game Boy with R.O.B.

Found it again. It doesn't lay down the major concepts, it just has five of those plot premise ideas. You can read them all in the preview images:
ebay.com/itm/Captain-N-The-Game-Master-Production-Show-Premises-6-Pages-NINTENDO-SB007-/391120292034?hash=item5b109608c2:g:p74AAOSwBLlU93yB

I was always surpised that this show never got an actual tie-in video game.