Why didn't he kill Cap at the end?

Why didn't he kill Cap at the end?

Cap defeated him and he blew himself up
Your question has been answered and this thread has no reason to continue existing

So he could advance the plot in Civil War.

My one real problem with the movie was the lack of villain time.

Both him and Zemo were great, but they were barely in the movie. I feel like he should have been Zemo's henchmen so that he'd have someone to actually interact with.

I'm just hoping they actually do Thunderbolts.

>I feel like he should have been Zemo's henchmen so that he'd have someone to actually interact with.
Zemo was rogue though, he disliked HYDRA as much as he did the Avengers.

That would upset RDJ and they can't have that. RDJ needs the most screen time in every movie.

To be fair, I think that's because the point of the film wasn't villains, it was antagonists.

Either Cap or Iron Man are the antagonists depending how you view it, though the film is clearly skewed towards Cap

How well that worked for you is up for debate, but I think that's what they were going for.

Why do people want a movie that completely follows the comics?

Why can't we just have a different, but better, version of a story?

I liked the movie, but man I wish they didn't kill Crossbones.

He was great in the limited time he got, it's a shame they wasted him like that.

True, but he could have coaxed Crossbones away from Hydra for a chance to get back at Cap.

I mean, in a way it's fucking awesome that Zemo was this one man show that could bring the Avengers to their knees without ever directly interacting with them until the very end.
But like I said, the only thing Bruhl had to work with was a voicemail message and a nice lady that remembered his breakfast order..

This, they made a cool looking villain only to blow him up 5 minutes after he showed up.

They should have done something, like maybe Scarlet could have tried containing only the explosion and not all of him.

NO

NO SCREEN TIME FOR VILLAINS

MAYBE GIVE THEM A MOTIVE BUT THAT'S IT

While we're talking about bad guys, Ross doesn't get enough love. How quickly he switches between jovial and cutthroat was great.

And how convincingly he makes his case until you remember how much of a hypocritical dirtbag he is.

Yeah, just send him to the Raft and keep him for a future Thunderbolts or BuckyCap movie.

>Bad guy

I'm gay

>UUUU

that looks worse than the low budget shit on Arrow, holy shit.

I loved CW but holy shit were the special effects awful.

>My one real problem with the movie was the lack of villain time.
Tony was on screen a lot in CW.

Because CW as a story is stronger when the main and most prominent fight is between the heroes. Making the villains more important in this would have taken away from that. I was glad they included Zemo as an origin, but if the final fight was between Tony & Cap vs Zemo it would have been pointless.

The Rosses and Pierces of the world are the scariest villains, because they have political power and law on their side.

Being dead makes that kinda hard.

>Zemo [was] great

What? He was just kind of a guy with a stock motive.

He was a total flatline

(You)

Why did they kill Crossbones? He was the coolest MCU villain in a while.

He's not dead, just even more severely burned

>oh man, Crossbones in the MCU
>hope he comes back at some point after CW
>actually go and see the movie
>ded in 5 minutes
shitfuck

>expecting anything out of MCU villains
>ever

You deserved this fate

It would actually be really cool if one of the villains kept coming back with more and more disfiguring injuries.

I'm worried for Infinity War, because they barely had enough CG budget to handle everyone in CW.

They can fill the ranks with characters that don't require much special effects, like Daredevil and Jessica Jones.

Klaw, maybe?

Red Hulk when