Zootopia approaching to $1 billion edition

We still have at least two weeks before the ride ends. Is it gonna make it Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cUYVKqO3_BY
zistopia.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm personally holding out hope. It would be a shame if it got so close but didn't quite make it.

We need 18,196,472$ to reach the one billion point, can we make it?

>it's going to run out of steam at $999 million

I don't think it'll make it since the bluray is coming out in a few week

Most of that money has been coming from the US and Japan, who can't seem to let go of Zootopia
I personally have hope

>graphic novel still unreleased

Whats this now? A graphic novel??

Comes out September(they moved the release date back). At that point the hype will be over, they appear to still bet on Moana as the successful release for this year.

June 7 and a little bit later abroad. So yeah, we still have (at leasrt) 2 two weeks.

Do bluray sales count? The bluray is going to be released in a week.

How in the fuck is this thing still in theaters?

Movies get kicked out of theaters when they stop making money

Zootopia hasn't stopped making money

How would you go about making Nick less smug?

What needs to happen to him in order to make him not so smug?

it's gotta wait until the blu-ray release to be removed from theaters.

I shouldn't think so. It's going to make less than a million dollars next week and even less the week following, including the weekend. The overseas is similarly finished.

Making another five million? Doable. Making $20m? Forget it.

>caring about a random goal line as a meter of success
It is done already, zootopia has proven itself to the eyes of the greedy executives of disney. Reaching that billion number will not change their views on the movie, which are that it can make good money.

You will get more content and the franchise will get milked, for better or for worse.

>You will get more content and the franchise will get milked, for better or for worse.

>Disney milking non-princess shit besides Lion King

nope

$10 million a week is possible

>graphic novel
MAXIMUM OVERHYPE

Hate to burst your bubble but it just seems to be a re-hash of the movie.

Relax it's just a retelling of the movie

>All hope is gone
>Smug status: smashed
He would turn into fucking Max Payne.

Why do people have to ask such prying questions, Sup Forums?

fresh from the drawthread!

I love h i m ~

>no smug fox to tuck into bed
It hurts to live

>Reminder, this was going to be put in the movie.
>Reminder, based Moore stopped it.
youtube.com/watch?v=cUYVKqO3_BY

>In the animal city of Zootopia, which is populated by mammals, birds, fish, Invertebrates, reptiles, amphibians, Primates, Marine Mammals, dinosaurs, Arthropods, Insects, Mollusks, annelids, Echinoderms and Arachnids a fast-talking fox who's trying to make it big goes on the run when he's framed for a crime he didn't commit. Zootopia's top cop, a self-righteous rabbit, is hot on his tail, but when both become targets of a conspiracy, they're forced to team up and discover even natural enemies can become best friends.
Jesus, was this synopsis really old, or just misinformed?

Old. Nick Wilde was originally a 007 rabbit under a different name.

I still want to see more of Zistopia.

All this talk about proto-zootopia is cool and all, but would any of the, i think 6, previous concepts would have worked? James Bun, included?

The fact they were all scrapped says no

>edition
pls don't

>zistopia.com/
It's on hiatus unitil the end of June.

This is fucking awesome and all, but.. those eyes...

>muh edge

these are so tryhard

No offense user, but you're talking out your ass. It made 10 million in total over the last week. 18 million is absolutely doable.

That isn't edge you fucking faggot holy FUCK

It is a wee bit m8.

Perhaps Turkey will give us a million or two.

Any more Half-Life stuff?

>Making another five million? Doable.
No shit. Turkey alone can take care of most of that. Or Japan on any given weekend. It can do a lot better than 5 million.

Oh what so originally all Predators would've had electric collars to stop them feeling to much emotion (As that would be too primal)? Or is that only post predator outbreak.

> Either way, tfw Morris the little bear realises his father has betrayed him :'(

Mayhaps. They scored a very talented comedian/actor for Nick in the Turkish dubbed version. Probably the most appropriate guy for the character, even. That alone is quite a boost for ticket sales.

Some HECU 'ruff

There's this followup request:
>Can someone draw her tazing Nick (Who is in a City 17 outfit) and telling him to pick up the can and put it in the trash can?
Is it funny?

Holy shit are you mad? Also it's less edgy and more cringey.

No because it's not the Box Office you disgusting moronic retarded shit eating motherfucking son or daughter of a 4 legged BITCH!

A Turkish Jason Bateman?

I just hope they up the political Faggot correctness that Disney has been on for a while. I mean evidently you spamming faggots like it.

NUMBERS ARE MAGIC tho

Kinda true, but there's something comforting about the idea of dying with someone you love, even if it's through terrible circumstances

>inb4 what are you, 14

Arguably even better, I'd say. The guy's named Cem Yılmaz, and he's demonstrated an impressive range in both comedy and drama, for both subtle characters as well as boisterous ones. But the sort of sleazy and snarky personality that Nick possesses and displays is perhaps what he does best.

Normally I don't care for Turkish dubs in animation; The voice acting is fine, but a lot of the humor is lost in translation (and replacing the jokes with contextually appropriate ones is no easy task). Hearing that Cem would be voicing Nick though, I'm really tempted to give it a try.

Do you have the full image? I think I see Gordon`s hand to the left...

As if women would ever die for their men. Ha! Women would do everything in their power to save their flesh. That includes throwing their man to the wolves.

Realistically speaking the only thing Judy would be doing is going "Woe is me! It's all about ME!!!" during such a scene. Women, am I right fellas? Manginas need not apply.

Looks like someone had a bad experience with a woman before

Im watching this frame of the deleted scene and can't wrap my head around this clipping.

Judy's skin is on top of the shirt, normal clipping issue but it looks like the skin is casting a shadow on the shirt. And the hide stops having fur close to the edge. It is almost like Judy is wearing t-shirt made out of fur and is creeping me out.

Post more c*te bunnies

hi eliot

kek

Shakira's inclusion in this film ruined it.

Elliot WAS a mangina because:

1) He wanted to kill men so he could have pussy.

2) Factually he killed MORE men than women.

Poor example there, faggot.

Please stop.

>Shakira's inclusion in this film was unnecessary and added no real substance.

ftfy

At this point I want it to beat Minions and Angry Birds.

>thick nick

what the fuck am I looking at

Not going far enough.

Her inclusion dragged the film down if anything.

kek
she probably is

I wouldn't disagree that her inclusion felt a little forced, but it was thankfully quiet low-key and minimal enough to not poison the well....Barring the dance/credits sequence at the end.

On that note, that part was the only sore part of the movie for me. I think the trope of a dance party ending is really worn out. Had Disney even employed that trope in any of it's recent titles, for that matter?

how

>but it was thankfully quiet low-key and minimal enough to not poison the wel
Her music was the theme of the movie. It ruined the introduction to Zootopia for me. I was trying to enjoy what was clearly intended to be an awe-inspiring exploration of the setting, but her singing made it difficult.

Gazelle is supposed to be the mascot of the utopia in Zootopia and, from what I watched, Shakira seems to not be bad in acting. Also, her character is not annoying as fuck and she is barely in the movie so I don't see the problem.

See Her singing is bad and I don't understand why they put her in charge of setting the tone of the movie. The rest of the music was good; why did they fuck up where it mattered the most?

Shakira's character was supposed to play a pivotal role in the original apartheid hellhole universe.

During the climax of the movie she was supposed to perform with her tiger backup dancers as some ultimate surprise show of societal defiance, and was supposed to help win over the hearts of the crowd in the midst of all the shock collar segregation bullshit

Tfw you fall in love with a cartoon bun

This dude must super sensitive, or some shit, because as far as "pop music" insertions go, this was by far the least offensive thing Disney has crow-bared into one of their films. I barely noticed the thing.

The dance at the end is pretty much unchanged but doesn't have quite the same impact, as the appearance of uncollared tigers was supposed to show that things had dramatically improved for preds.

Or maybe you're just a giant faggot.

I gave my reasoning and justified them. Passive-aggressively responding to other posters to make a point is dumb as hell.

Would Disney be willing to keep it in theaters in order to get the prestige?

Don't you want Nick to make $1 billion honestly?

nah saved it from a thread a long while back, best reverse image search or summin' sorry.

>tfw you

So you really are sensitive?

>Angry Birds movie made 151m on it's first weekend
>zootopia didn't even get to 95

I'm going to enjoy your shitfits when Angry Birds makes a billion.

Yes.

Ok, cool.

I'm not going to throw a shitfit. I will just want to kill myself.

Faggot.

Thick Nick is best Nick.

It's going to have to make it through all the way solely on the foreign market though. It's not doing so well domestically and chances are it'll trail off quickly.

For reference, Zootopia made more than Tangled and BH6 and those got TV series.

Make of that what you will

Settle down, Sensitive Simon.

It is I, the original artist! This is some of my first work after I saw Zootopia. Sort of an experiment, but I think it went pretty well.

So what was the ultimate message/theme of Zootopia anyway?

That people who are supposedly oppressed are often the biggest oppressors?
That the big and strong should fear the weak and feeble?
That we should accept and specialize in our innate differences instead of forcing ourselves to be something we're not?
That everyone can be whatever the hell that they want to be?
That wanton abuse of authority is the best way to drive social change?
That excessive authority can drive citizens apart?

So many of these themes are outright contradictory that this film may possibly be the shallowest film disney has recently released.
The only real message I got out of it was Oh god, I want to fuck that bunny. HOLY FUCK, I WANT TO FUCK THE BUN SO BAD.

It doesn't matter. Zootopia was lightning in a bottle.

Disney put all their eggs in their upcoming tropical princess movie. That's the one they want to be successful. Get ready to see it everywhere.

I kek'd