Forgive them, father. They know not what they do

Forgive them, father. They know not what they do.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8pUrsUORF4Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What was that son? Kill them all? Okie dokie

NEVA!!!

Looks like they knew exactly what they were doing desu

That he mean by saying this is that they didn't know what they were killing literal God and obviously this is very huge sin in Father's eyes. Basically they were condemning themselves for doing that they did.

Why does he say "forgive them father" when he's the same person as his father?

Why does he beg himself to forgive them and then send them to hell anyway?

Fuck Christianity is retarded.

Is this a Covenant reference?
SO DEEP

>aspergers: the post

how did (((they))) get off the hook for this anyways? shouldn't flyover country hate (((them))) ?

t. Brainlet

What. You never talk to yourself?

Where my Viking movie, Mel?

I know these might be just shitposts but i'll indulge anyways

Jesus never openly claimed to be God's son himself. The story morale is that of a martyr, that teached kindness over all. The sad part is that he then got "revealed" his martyrdom would transcend, and it was inevitable, thus "saving all mankind".

Jesus feared pain. He knew it was going to suck. The Devil itself tried to convince him to go south and just play videogames all day. He refused and went along with it.

Mankind doesn't know how blind it is and how greed can destroy innocence; he was betrayed by his own people because of his teachings.

That's why "Forgive them Father" because he knew they were only men, and it was their nature to shitpost and call Prometheus a masterpiece.

jesus was like superman when he lost his powers if one of supermans powers was to be 3 people at the same time

Why would God create an imperfect species and then punish them for behaving in accordance to the nature he created?

Why wouldn't he just create perfect beings?

If he wanted to save humanity from eternal damnnation, why did he need to send Jesus to earth? Why couldn't he just decide to get rid of Hell?

why should god have the same morality as a mere human like you?

Absolutely brutal. If I could time travel I would try to save Jesus from the scourging.

crying at this point

>Why would God create an imperfect species and then punish them for behaving in accordance to the nature he created?

Remember that the Bible is NOT to take it literal my 17 year old dork

Still if it was, Genesis states how God was bored and created man and woman to his likeness but pure. Then they ate the Forbidden Fruit which was banging and made them realize the everything about everything and the experiment was fucked.

wow. now this is a shitpost

John 10:23-39 it is written

22And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication, and it was winter. 23And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch. 24Then came the Jews round about him, and said to him, How long do you make us to doubt? If you be the Christ, tell us plainly. 25Jesus answered them, I told you, and you believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. 26But you believe not, because you are not of my sheep, as I said to you. 27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28And I give to them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30I and my Father are one.

31Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 32Jesus answered them, Many good works have I showed you from my Father; for which of those works do you stone me? 33The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone you not; but for blasphemy; and because that you, being a man, make yourself God. 34Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, You are gods? 35If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; 36Say you of him, whom the Father has sanctified, and sent into the world, You blaspheme; because I said, I am the Son of God? 37If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. 38But if I do, though you believe not me, believe the works: that you may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him. 39Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand,

>why should god have the same morality as a mere human like you?
If he has worse morality than a human, how is he superior to humans?
>Remember that the Bible is NOT to take it literal my 17 year old dork
Then why do 90% of Christian denominations take it literally?

>Forgive them after. They do not know this particular religion is which is one of seven just in the region is the true one.

Jesus is fully human and full God.

He suffers as we suffer and does not succumb to it or use his powers to escape the pain. In this he mirrors humanity but also transcends it by offering forgivness.

why is worse? cause it's not like your fairytale?

Theological retcon. God is not God but three people, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Wars have been fought over this interpretation.

>Then why do 90% of Christian denominations take it literally?
Forgive them Father. They don't know what they do.

>Then why do 90% of Christian denominations take it literally?
Were did you get that percentage your ass?

Jesus as mortal man was not yet "full God" when he was preaching. He only ascended to Godhood after his rebirth.
He was a lesser aspect of the trinity before that, and became a part of it only after his ascension.

Morality is built on the basis that it applies to everything. Not necessarily equally but a common reasoning behind it. It's not morality if it's amoral but he's God

Because it's blatantly unfair and illogical. If God can't even follow basic logic, he's not omnipotent and we have no reason to worship him.
>Were did you get that percentage your ass?
It's a rough estimate based on the hundreds of churches I've been to throughout my life.

basic logic? you mean human logic?
>we have no reason to worship him.
then don't it, it's simple

>illogical
>uses anecdotal evidence and then slaps a percentage on it

Wew lad

>basic logic? you mean human logic?
Yes. What other type of logic is there?

If God's logic is too complex for humans to understand then it means Christians are wrong about their Biblical interpretations and there's no point in going to Church or being religious at all.

I loved caneron going fit The jesus isn alien thing and it Also checked out with The descrit in of jesus being extremely pale with red eyes

>Why does he say "forgive them father" when he's the same person as his father

this is a wrong Catholic doctrine as The Father the Son and the Holy Spirit are different personas as evident in the baptism of Jesus.

Lucas 3:21-22

21 Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened,

22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

notice the 3 persons in this scenario. The Holy Ghost, The Son and God the Father. If God the father is the same then why would he pertain to Jesus as thou art my beloved Son?

The "same person" is taken out of context as it means One in mind one in will as evident by this verse

John 1: 1-3

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2The same was in the beginning with God. 3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made

>all christian murfats
nuke this thread

>Why does he beg himself to forgive them and then send them to hell anyway?

Can you cite the verse on where Jesus said to the people that they should be sent to hell?

>basic logic? you mean human logic?
If we can't understand the Bible using logic, what metric are we supposed to use to objectively determine whether or not it makes sense?

If God exists he's doing laughably incompetent at getting people to believe in him.

>MODS! MY ATHEIST SAFE-SPACE!

>B-but muh feels!!

God sends people to hell you fucking dunce.

Whether it's in a verse or not is irrelevant. God created hell. God created the conditions under which people go to hell. God sends people to hell.

if jesus hadn't trolled the jews into killing him, would he still be relevant?

i can so vividly imagine you cracking your knuckles through your fingerless gloves and grinning smugly as you hit submit on that post

>Whether it's in a verse or not is irrelevant
As it should be. Where's the justice if evil people are not punished? Should people be free to do evil deeds in this lifetime and not receive punishment in the next?

>Whether it's in a verse or not is irrelevant.

hold on this is where we don't agree. You have to cite proof that Jesus said that he will send them to hell. You laid your claim, lets see some proof

Are Americans christian? I would say no

>my god
>my god
>why have you forsaken me

genuinely brings a tear to my atheist eyes
I say it to myself sometimes

he probably visits every planet with intelligent life at some point and were the only dicks who killed him lmao

so you have no source to your assumption

>Where's the justice if evil people are not punished?
God is evil, when is he being punished?
>You have to cite proof that Jesus said that he will send them to hell.
Jesus is God, God sends people to hell, therefore Jesus sends people to hell. Pretty simple.

You don't have to explicitly state that you do something for it to be true that you do said thing. Plenty of people commit crimes without admitting it.

is it really trolling? The Pharisees were notorious for their show of faith to the Israelites and have taken the word of G_d with their own meanings and traditions. see phylacteries. Jesus came into the world to show the true meaning of word and thus bringing with him The New Testament as the old was outdated

Hebrew 8:7-13

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Jesus was a great man worthy of praise but holding him as a god to this day and age is retarded, fuck religion.

Which of the testaments are the jews doing?

>G_d is evil, when is he being punished?

Please state your case on what is evil deeds G_d has done.

>God sends people to hell

as it should be. are people sent to prison for committing crimes? are you somehow against this too?

Old Testament. The Jews does not acknolwedge Jesus Christ as the Messiah

I'm going to quote a movie in keeping with this board's topic
>If God is all powerful then he cannot be all good

Torturing people eternally for having done bad deeds seems a completely sadistic thing.

>Please state your case on what is evil deeds G_d has done.
He's murdered more people than any human in history.
>as it should be. are people sent to prison for committing crimes? are you somehow against this too?
Do you not understand how context works? I'm not against the concept of prison in itself, but people are sent to prison for absurd and unjust reasons all the time and any reasonable person would oppose that.

God sends people to suffer for eternity for even lesser crimes than what extremist Muslims prosecute people for.

user that's lucifer not god

>he doesnt understand the trinity

youtube.com/watch?v=8pUrsUORF4Y

>Torturing people eternally for having done bad deeds seems a completely sadistic thing.

Depends on the bad deeds, actually.

(((they))) are doomed to hell, (((their))) success on earth is only to test the belief of the followers of truth.

There is a point at which punishment becomes a crime. That's why the eighth amendment exists. There is no crime that warrants an eternal punishment.

No, it doesn't, it makes no sense whatsoever, punishment for punishment sake is clearly a troglodyte concept.

Tell me why does it make sense to you

forcing someone to suffer in unimaginable pain for eternity is more outrageously cruel and disgusting than anything a human has ever done to anyone.

>If God is all powerful then he cannot be all good

G_d does not want robots, he wants people that can make their own decision. Those decisions will resonate and have effects on our lives. What's the use of freewill if G_d will just control every aspect of our life and its outcomes as well?

>Torturing people eternally for having done bad deeds seems a completely sadistic thing.

It doesn't work like that. You're not going to hell for stealing something back in 4th grade. Also, G_d sent instructions thru his Son on how to avoid hell. Its like this - someone told you how to reach heaven with all the carefully directions, when judgment comes, who's to blame for wanting? should we blame G_d for that?

>He's murdered more people than any human in history.

how? is it via the The Great Flood? bear in mind that Noah spent 10 years creating an ark and warning people of the impending flood and nobody listened. should G_d still be blamed for that?

>when judgment comes, who's to blame for wanting? should we blame G_d for that?

Considering G*d created you and knew exactly what you would do, yes, he's to blame for ultimately.

>punishment for punishment sake
There is clearly a reason for punishment, though.

>Tell me why does it make sense to you
It's a concept called justice.

>There is no crime that warrants an eternal punishment.
That's up to God, if he exists, to decide.

Clearly no one believes that bullshit, it's an allegory like 80% of the old testament

This is how it goes

Satan is evil. Satan will be punished at the end at hell. Now G_d has laid out instructions that are written in the bible to avoid Satan's deeds and follow G_d's path. Now at the end, at judgment when Satan is judged, is it not right for his followers to get judged as well?

Is it not justice?

>It's a concept justice

That's not an explanation, different cultures have different concepts of justice

It's religious syncretism.
The Indo-European targets of Christian proselytization worshipped triads, Archaic (Jupiter, Mars, & Quirinus) followed by Capitoline (Jupiter, Juno, & Minerva).
When Rome officially adopted Christianity, they retconned it to incorporate a three-faceted godhead.
Same reason our days of the week still reflect the Roman pantheon, i.e., Saturn's day, Saturday.
You can't rebuild a ship from scratch mid journey.
The most you can do is maybe swap out the figurehead.
>inb4 muh dogma
good goy

>Noah spent 10 years creating an ark and warning people of the impending flood and nobody listened. should G_d still be blamed for that?
Of course God should be blamed for that. Why the would an omnipotent being rely on some old faggot nobody cares about to spread the word instead of just telling everyone himself?

He could also just have decided not to kill everyone instead of coming up with some asinine convoluted plan to """""save""""" people from his own cruelty.

God reminds me of the Jigsaw from the Saw movies. He's the divine version of the "stop hitting yourself" asshole in elementary school.

>That's not an explanation, different cultures have different concepts of justice

We are talking about divine justice here, it has nothing to do with our concepts of it.

A tip of my fedora to you, my euphoric friend!

kike gods don't real,hail Odin!

>Considering G*d created you and knew exactly what you would do, yes, he's to blame for ultimately.

G_d does not know what you would do but only knows your heart

1 Kings 8:39
then hear from heaven, your dwelling place. Forgive and act; deal with everyone according to all they do, since you know their hearts (for you alone know every human heart)

if G_d knows your future actions and future deeds what's the use of free will? Why would he ask Abraham to sacrifice his own son if he knew that Abraham would literally do it? What's the use testing us and Abraham then?

>Why the would an omnipotent being rely on some old faggot nobody cares about to spread the word instead of just telling everyone himself?

So how should it be then? G_d should appear at the sky talk to all the people directly and say "Hey watch it humans!"

I remember there was a human that G_d spoke directly but he still disobeyed G_d. remember Adam?

Also, would it really be following G_d if some booming voice in the heavens told us humans to follow him? that's not following out of love of G_d that's fear

>what are you a glutton for punishment?

to follow up, what should G_d do for us humans? He already sent his Son, should G_d literally have to come down from heaven, tell us humans hey follow me! I'm your God!

Luke 20:13-17

13 Then said the lord of the vineyard, What shall I do? I will send my beloved son: it may be they will reverence him when they see him.

14 But when the husbandmen saw him, they reasoned among themselves, saying, This is the heir: come, let us kill him, that the inheritance may be ours.

15 So they cast him out of the vineyard, and killed him. What therefore shall the lord of the vineyard do unto them?

16 He shall come and destroy these husbandmen, and shall give the vineyard to others. And when they heard it, they said, God forbid.

17 And he beheld them, and said, What is this then that is written, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner?

>muh free will
Doesn't exist evidenced by him hardening the pharaoh's heart so that he could kill his firstborn eventually.

Just like how he intervened when Abram was busy whoring his sister-wife out to pharaohs whenever there was a famine back home.

>Doesn't exist evidenced by him hardening the pharaoh's heart so that he could kill his firstborn eventually.

this is a common taken out of context phrase.

let us reference the bible for this

In Exodus 3:18 - 20

18“The elders of Israel will listen to you. Then you and the elders are to go to the king of Egypt and say to him, ‘The Lord, the God of the Hebrews, has met with us. Let us take a three-day journey into the wilderness to offer sacrifices to the Lord our God.’ 19But I know that the king of Egypt will not let you go unless a mighty hand compels him. 20So I will stretch out my hand and strike the Egyptians with all the wonders that I will perform among them. After that, he will let you go.

G_d knows the heart of the Pharaoh is hardened and will not let his people go. Why should he? Those are his manpower and some lowly man with his foreign G_d is asking to let his slaves go? why should he listen?

So we move on to Exodus Chapter 7:10 - 13

10So Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and did just as the Lord commanded. Aaron threw his staff down in front of Pharaoh and his officials, and it became a snake. 11Pharaoh then summoned wise men and sorcerers, and the Egyptian magicians also did the same things by their secret arts: 12Each one threw down his staff and it became a snake. But Aaron’s staff swallowed up their staffs. 13Yet Pharaoh’s heart became hard and he would not listen to them, just as the Lord had said.

Moses performs his first miracle but Pharaoh's magicians can perform them as well. So Moses does not bring anything new to the table

In the Plague of Blood Exodus 7:22

22But the Egyptian magicians did the same things by their secret arts, and Pharaoh’s heart became hard; he would not listen to Moses and Aaron, just as the Lord had said.

The magicians can still do the same and Moses still does not bring anything new to the able

in the Plague of Frogs

15But when Pharaoh saw that there was relief, he hardened his heart and would not listen to Moses and Aaron, just as the Lord had said.

In the Plague of Gnats

19the magicians said to Pharaoh, “This is the finger of God.” But Pharaoh’s heart was hard and he would not listen, just as the Lord had said.

This is particularly interesting since the magicians even acknowledge that this is a work of G_d but the Pharaoh still refuses to budge

The Plague of Flies

32But this time also Pharaoh hardened his heart and would not let the people go.

Plague of the Livestock Exodus 9

7Pharaoh investigated and found that not even one of the animals of the Israelites had died. Yet his heart was unyielding and he would not let the people go.

The Plague of the Boils

12But the Lord hardened Pharaoh’s heart and he would not listen to Moses and Aaron, just as the Lord had said to Moses.

Now we come to your verse reference.

notice how many times how many previous instances that the Pharaoh's heart is hard but only in this case is referenced thru G_d? The Pharaoh's heart is already hard in letting the Israelites go, it is by the Pharaoh's decision not to let them go but thru several plagues he lets them go and still chases after them.

you are so fucking dumb it is unreal

how do you know that god didnt allready make perfect humans in a perfect space? did god tell ypu that this os the first iteration and that he didnt try any other scenarios before? you know nothing, you could have lived for a million years as a perfect human but the point o of being on earth is It WIPES YOUR MEMORY OTHER WISE YOUD KNOW ITD BE FUCKING POINTLESS YOU DUMB SHIT .because he allready done that in eden and heaven, humans THEN choose to live on earth where diseases and decay exist

>Forgive them, father
Wasn't that the whole point of the crucifixion? LMAO

If you ever want to break out of your athiesm I would suggest making just ONE prayer at your nearest Catholic Church. Find out what a "Holy Adorition" is and go pray before a statue of Jesus. You don't even need the adorition (though I recomend it), just a statue of Jesus is fine, and Pray. You'll get all the proof you need I guarantee.
Ask for something truly troubling your heart, and then see for yourself the true power of what the elven disciples suffered to preach without earthly rewards in mind.
Knock and it shall be opened to you - but you have to knock. Ask and it shall be given - but you have to ask.

Hail the Risen Lord!

I spent a ton of time praying in front of Jesus statues. Most of my life, in fact. Didn't do shit for me.

Even as a kid I had trouble restraining laughter watching the grown adults around me wail and cry over an obvious fairy tale.

I dont thing Mel would make a movie about the people who are famous for pillaging monasteries and churches unless he makes a film about the conversion of the Vikings (which would still be awesome)

>I spent a ton of time praying in front of Jesus statues. Most of my life, in fact. Didn't do shit for me.
That's your problem you did it wrong you dummy

>spent a ton of time praying in front of Jesus statues
what? are you some kind of pagan/Christian hybrid?

>Didn't do shit for me.
Faith and superstition can't work together.

cumskin