New Marvel/Netflix series

So it looks like Marvel and Netflix are developing a Blade, Ghost Rider, and Moon Knight TV series which is probably the greatest thing I have ever heard. They already announced a Punisher series. Looks like this is really happening. I was really excited to hear about them making a Daredevil (my favorite character) and an Iron Fist series, but this new wave just blows everything else away. 4 great characters. What a time we live in. I watch the DC shows and I enjoy some of them but if this shit is happening, I'm gonna have no choice but to completely cut off the DC CW universe because there will be just too many shows to watch, and the characters that Marvel is doing are just way more fascinating in my opinion. Imagine the possibilities and the stories that will be put in these shows. What are your thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hl83kA_WO70
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Anyone?

Confirmation? I've only heard its just a rumor. God knows I'd love a Moon Knight show.

Source. Sorry but that sounds too good to be true.

It's not official but it might as well be at this point. It's happening. The only thing we don't know is what order they'll be released or when. I imagine it will be
Punisher
Blade
Ghost Rider
Then Moon Knight
If I had to guess when they'll be released, I'd say after the Defenders depending when Punisher is coming out.

How can you say there will be too many shows when they're going to pretty much be put up on netflix for convenient viewing? Is this a thinly veiled company wars thread?

I honestly just wanted Moon Knight

You're paranoid. Even if episodes will all be released at once, we are still looking at about 13 shows. The idea of cutting out one of the two is reasonable.

I'm very excited but very nervous that they could end up turning ghost rider into a copy of the x-files and supernatural. I'm praying that they integrate punisher further into the existing world as well as link blade and moon knight into the realm of dark fantasy. I want ghost rider to be completely out-there and show how uncomfortable the reality of demons and otherworldly entities could be (the flesh barbie-doll thing and road to damnation)

That's what I want to see the most, but it will be nice to see Blade, because I don't think we've ever gotten a good vampire series. I haven't see from Dusk Til Dawn the series so I could be wrong, but it will be refreshing to get a Marvel horror series. Ghost Rider would be interesting because of the Demon aspect, and the Punisher is the Punisher. Moon Knight will be very interesting due to his split personalities.

>Moon Knight cameos in each prior series as a different one of his alter egos

Someone give this motherfucker a job.

Fuck off with this shit already. People kept parroting about Punisher/Blade/Ghost Rider/Moon Knight Netflix series with that image for more than a year.

And now that Punisher is getting a show, people and "news" sites spamming internet with Blade/GR/MK rumors.

Blade and Ghost Rider are gay though
no one would watch them

Before it was all about the talk. Now it's legit that they ARE in development, they just haven't made it public yet.

Leave my psycho Batman alone!

I'd be totally fine with Marc working for Kingpin as a mercenary in the beginning.

Not entirely sure if Marvel TV will have a panel at SDCC, but if they were to announce the shows, it'd be nice if it happened there. I have a feeling they would want to keep it on the down low until Iron Fist comes out.

EPIC EDGE. matt os gonna look like a pussy compared to them.

>It's not official but it might as well be at this point. It's happening.

What the shit are you idiot seven talking about?

Literally every story about these shows link back to the same BS site and all it says is "my sources tell me."

Wouldn't the budget for a Ghost Rider show be too high for Netflix?
I mean, animating and tracking a flaming skelington on a flaming motorcycle for 10/13 episodes may be a little pricey.

Thats the spirit, keep on going! Spam this enough times and it will surely come true!

S O U R C E ?
O
U
R
C
E
?

>idiot seven
Opinion discarded.

Dont be silly now. If Netflix made a GR series he would remotely resemble a flaming skeleton in leather riding a chopper with flaming wheels in the last 10-15 minutes of the last episode.

This is as certain as the Justice League Dark film...

Nitpicking a misplaced space doesn't make a source magically appear buddy

Netflix makes literally a shit ton of money. Plus it's Marvel. Money is not an issue. They managed to get Kevin fucking Spacey for a TV series that's lasted 4 seasons. They'll be fine.

I really hope not. Either you do it right or not at all.

Justice League Dark actually had a script and some names attached to it.

This site is pure fabrication

Okay, so 7 men have series but the only female is Jessica Jones? That's bullshit.

You know there's a female Ghost Rider they could use right? Nothing says they have to use Johnny Blaze.

Once again. Opinion discarded. All you're gonna do is bitch and complain then once these shows are actually out, we'll never hear from you ever again.
>HURR DURR MARVEL WILL NEVER EVER GET SPIDER-MAN!
>HURR DURR DAREDEVIL WILL NEVER RECOVER FROM THAT SHITTY FILM
>HURR DURR THESE POPULAR CHARACTERS THAT ARE OWNED BY MARVEL WILL NEVER BE MADE INTO SHOWS THAT WILL MAKE A SHIT LOAD OF MONEY
It's getting old

>Daredevil comes out and is successful and well liked
>discussion about what other street level heroes would do well on netflix
>of course MK since Sup Forums has a huge boner for him
>Blade has had success on screen before so why not him, plus he was supposed to get a new ongoing
>Ghost Rider is in a similar boat to Blade
>Runaways and Cloak and Dagger brought up but never with as much enthusiasm as the others
>clickbait website runs rumor that there will be a MK, GR and blade show
>our wishful thinking now has a "source"

come on people, stop repeating this shit like it's real

No one wants a female Ghost Rider.

We already have Agent Carter and that new show ABC is putting out. The girl and the negro guy. They are from comics I never read.

But at this point it's just a rumor.

It's a nice rumor, but it's just a rumor.

It's not real until Marvel and Netflix say "Hey we're doing a phase 2 for Netflix"

It's a fact that there will be a punisher series, and it's a fact they are in development for a Blade series. Only GR and MK are rumors at the moment.

Hey I'm just saying. Nothing says they have to use Johnny Blaze. I'm sure they will, and I'd honestly prefer it for the most part, but if they want to care on that whole diversity thing they have Alejandra and Robbie to fall back on.

I will bet they'll use Seeley's unreleased Blade series as a basis for Blade though.

We already have 2 female main characters, and 2 black guys. I think we've had enough diversity.

Holy christ OP being a complete dick to everyone that points out your delusions is not gonna make these shows real any faster

Oh shit that would be sweet.

>David Lynch will never direct Morhpeu's episode

So which villains beside Bushman should be in the first season? I think Scarlett should be saved for the second but who knows they could use. However I'd love to see a crossover of Daredevil and Moon Knight with Black Specter being the villains for both shows, he should come in around season 3 I reckon considering Moon Knight needs to build himself up a name before Black Specter appears.

>implying it's the same person
OP here. It's not just me.

>WAAAAAH! M-MUH FAVOURITE CHARACTER! CASHUL GONNA WATCH MUH FAVOURITE CHARACTER WAAAAAAAH!

Cry more you faggot.
And no, he is not yours, he never was yours. He's Marvel property, always was and always will be.

I just want to see Morbius be a villain in Blade

Vengeance and Blackheart in Ghost Rider

Barracuda as the villain in Punisher

And I want Moon Knight's villain to be Moon Knight

Midnight Man?

Oh, or maybe Hatchet Man/Shadow Knight.

>Blade has no good comics

Blade MAX when?

Blade is immensely popular to garner attention. Ghost Rider has a large enough fanbase for his shit to spread word of mouth if it's good enough.

All we need is Man-Thing and I can die happy.

People forget that Blade, Punisher, and Ghost Rider were once three of Marvel's most popular characters. Right under The X-Men, Hulk, and Spidey.

While DC has maintained the same general six A-listers for about 70 years, Marvel's most popular heroes tend to fluctuate a bit.

Always found that interesting.

When was Blade one of Marvel's most popular characters?

>Ghost Rider
Yea Ghost Rider was damn near A-list in the 90s. Hell even rappers referenced him.

See Blade 1 and 2

Blade 1 yes. I felt Blade 2 was pretty mediocre but it did have some cool effects.

I wonder if the plan is to make a Defenders batch of shows and a Midnight Sons batch of shows.

Same with Daredevil.

I still do consider him an A-lister nowadays. He does have the greatest comic related series of all time so he deserves to be A-List and people do know him. It's kind of hard to tell what is A-List nowadays consider we have characters like hawkeye and black widow who are definitely not A-List but are known because of the movies where as some people consider characters like Punisher and Ghost Rider to be B-List which just isn't true.

So you just mean in movies?

Disappointing Sup Forums but not surprising

I would love for Elsa Bloodstone thrown into this mix.

I don't think we'll get shows based off of literally who characters.

DD has always existed in that sweet spot of popular enough to not get cancelled but unpopular enough to let up and coming writers do what the fuck they want with him without executive meddling.

This has made him one of the most consistently well written characters in all of comics

Punisher and Ghost Rider haven't been A-List since the Clinton administration.

But does that make them less A-List material than a Black Widow and Hawkeye?

Pretty sure the conflict here is because the term "A-List" literally has no meaning so you should define it if you're gonna call a character A-List.

>it's a fact they are in development for a Blade series
you can't make pizza without sauce buddy

What I consider to be as A-List are well known characters with a rich history that also have consistently great stories made about them. I also believe these particular characters have to leave a large impact on not only the people but on to the industry as a whole.

Wesley Snipes said so himself. You want Pizza sauce yet you don't even bother to look for it. Enjoy your bland sauceless pizza.

Looking at Marvel's YouTube channel. They literally just put up a Moon Knight video a few days ago. That's not a coincidence. Why would they randomly put up a Moon Knight related video with no upcoming projects for that character... Hmm

For any number of a million reasons

You're in denial.

Just to be clear, you're arguing that this video is proof that Marvel is committing to a 13 episode multimillion dollar Moon Knight miniseries?

youtube.com/watch?v=hl83kA_WO70

No I did not say that at all. I'm just saying it was an odd choice and there must be a reason.

Don't you think the reason for putting up a commercial to video game might be to sell that video game?

Keep going though, I want to see how obtuse you can get

It obviously makes sense to promote a character for a game that doesn't have any new comics coming out, or anything for that matter. I'm sure they just decided to do it because they were bored. There's no way this is their way of pointing out a future series based off of him. All the rumors of the series must be fake despite it not making any sense for people to randomly talk about a Moon Knight series. Lets just not think about it. It's just a rumor wink wink.

Well I was talking about movies. At that time, he was undoubtedly one of Marvel's most popular characters.

How is Moon Knight going to sell a video game? You have a better chance of just adding a new Spider-Man skin than to throw Moon Knight in there. It literally doesn't make any sense. Every single video in which they've added a new character to the game was all related to an upcoming movie, series, or comic. Moon Knight doesn't have any of those things. It's not even optimism at this point, it's common sense.

>All the rumors

Literally one site posted these "rumors" with no source

>1 site
Try 4 or 5

They all link back to the same original source which is no source

I'm not saying him being I'm some shitty marvel game automatically means he's getting a show, but it adds up.

Daredevil and JJ sucked so why should I care?

Blade was popular because of Spider-Man TAS, and the movies in the 90s.

A-List extends a character past comics.

A-List for DC is easy to define. It's always Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, Aquaman, Flash, and Green Lantern. They're the big sellers, have been the public eye consistently for over seventy years, and while the public might not know everything about them they can easily recognize them. You can walk into any store and find merchandise with one of these characters with general ease. You can find moments where other characters briefly surge for a bit, but these six are generally what you name first.

Marvel fluctuates a lot more. In the 90s characters like Ghost Rider, and Punisher were kings and despite failed cartoons few cared for Iron Man or the Fantastic Four. But if you go back to the 60s and 70s the Fantastic Four were a huge deal, and now everyone loves Iron Man. Spider-Man seems to be the only real constant seeing as even Hulk and the X-Men have had their share of changing status in the public's eye.

I've just always found this interesting I suppose.

Moon Knight just got a new number 1 dingus.

Go watch your supergirl and Big Bang theory, kiddo.

That was over a month ago. Why would you promote a comic after it's been out for awhile.

Why would you promote a monthly comic that comes out every month.

Gosh can't imagine why you're right must be super secret netflix deal!

Forgot it's cool to hate on DD now because it got popular.

I hope we get this ghost rider. Maybe have others come in later to aid him.

It's more believable with what's going on than a comic that doesn't sell well and will end up getting canceled within the next few issues.

DD is too cool to hate on.

Which one is that? Also the suit is really dull.

I heard blade and ghost Rider are definitely happening, but Moon Knight is still in development

Robbie Reyes. I like the helmet look a lot more than the regular skull. I don't think his suit is any more boring than the other ones I've seen. It's always just a bunch of black leather.

None of them are in development, but Blade and Ghost Rider are still being brainstormed upon.

I honestly hope they go with pic related as Moon Knight's costume.

>choosing the least wanted Spic Ghost Rider instead of OG Johnny Blaze or fan favorite Danny Ketch

What's you're problem, user?