Want to buy rural land in the UK

>want to buy rural land in the UK
>£5,000 per acre at least if not woodland/arable land
>£10,000 per acre at least if woodland
>will almost definitely get denied planning permission for any new dwelling (bed and toilet) in a rural area

>check first land listings in france
>£2,000 per acre woodland/field
>New Building under 20m2 would only require Works Declaration
Why.

Other urls found in this thread:

woodlands.co.uk/owning-a-wood/woodlands-and-planning-legislation/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

don't know mate maybe it's because we have a lot less fucking woods

>buy £80,000-£170,000 wood
>only allowed to build a toilet on it
woodlands.co.uk/owning-a-wood/woodlands-and-planning-legislation/
ah yes

>Why.
Britain a shit.

maybe i'm a bit of a bleeding heart but i don't mind this desu, it shouldn't be easy to just do whatever you want to woodlands

2000€ per acre seems a bit expensive. It was 800€ last time I checked

lad I literally just want to build a cuckshed
I wouldn't even want to chop any trees down
its just a fraction of the cost and I'd be allowed to build a 4x4m cabin in france immediately after declaring work unless it was preserved land
yeah I'm sure if I was to go round local listings it would be like a 10th of what it would for the same acreage here

>tfw family owns woodland but does nothing with

Peux-tu m'indiquer sur quel site tu regardes les prix stp?

Mostly because sites like that sell small packets with covenents on them. There was a guy on grand designs years ago who managed to get planning permission innawoods but the restrictions were pretty ridiculous. It can be done depending on the council, but you need to tick off lots of 'eco' points.

Just buy a nonwoody place and plant birches.
They grow fast.

J'ai pas regardé sur internet pêh

You guys are gonna elect a communist Prime Minister because you can't see that this stuff is why your houses are so expensive

Best plan is to buy a woodland that has been chopped recently, those are absurdly cheap. Gotta deal with the stumps tho.

Yeah but it's by design (policy)
If shitloads of new houses were built now, or prices correct in a serious way, pensioners are fucked and people with mortgages end up in negative equity. And on the social-housing side, with 'right-to-buy' schemes housing authorities have no incentive to build.
I don't really see how we can fix it.. Opening brownfield sites is an option, but realistically, as somebody who's grown up in the South East - fuck off we're full.

Our roads and infrastructure in these places were not designed for the number of people we already have. We need to upgrade infrastructure and public transport first, then worry about that. Or try to decentralise and create a boom up north so people fuck off from here.

>2000€ per acre seems a bit expensive. It was 800€ last time I checked
wew lad

You can literally get land in Russia for free

2000€ is the price for an acre of lumber-grade wood. If you can endure shitty worthless pines you can get for way less.

good

this

What if the land didn't have trees? Or fruit trees e.g. farming land?

Farming land is more expensive, 2000€ or more

still damn cheap tbqh

That's the prices in my Commune, not sure how applicable is it countrywide tho.

That's cheap as fuck.
Also in Greece you can't buy woodland. At all. I'm jelly.

>will almost definitely get denied planning permission for any new dwelling (bed and toilet) in a rural area

Is this the whole UK or just the People's Islamic Kingdom of England? I always thought that if I win tonight's EuroMillions, I could buy a wee farm and just knock down the old building to moderise the land, then just lazily graze sheep and bees, with maybe a few acres of new woodland for the winter fire.