Kamen Rider BATS

>When Bruce Timm was pitching for the idea of Batman Beyond, Warner tried to suggest for them to do a "Batman show like Pokémon" where "Batman could capture and collect characters like Robin and Poison Ivy"

What if Batman Beyond had been like an American Kamen Rider series? Batman could have gotten forms based on his villains.

It sounds more like it would've been Terry collecting info cards with imprinted information on each one of Batman's rogues that he could interface with his suit to give him an advantage against a certain rogue he was fighting (anti-Joker suit or weapon, anti-Freeze suit or weapon, anti-Scarecrow suit or weapon, etc.).

That sounds kind of stupid but also really kind of cool.

Would sound incredibly stupid but end up entertaining.

I'd be down for a Justice League sentai show.

>JUSTICE LEAGUE POWER UP
>RED SUPERMAN GO
>GREEN LANTERN GO
>BLACK BATMAN GO
>YELLOW WONDER WOMAN GO
>ORANGE AQUAMAN GO

Nah, the card game thing wasn't really big right before Beyond. This was like '98, 99, remember. Pokemon cards where in but it was before tops and card animes in the US. I kinda imagined we'd have seen monsters based on batman villains.

also I think the idea was for there to be a Batman, robin, and batgirl character all competing for who would get to be Batman.

I'm genuinely surprised by the quality and care that this fucking animu is handled with. Everything outside of the OC children has been fucking steller.

>batman collects some kind of trinket after beating villains
>gets a new form
>transforms into a Mister Freeze suit for ice powers, Two-Face to split in two, Ivy to control plants

>Robin is the second rider
>Hush is the evil rider that appears in the post-season movie

Why is Knight standing at the Batsignal?
Where is Squire?

wait...do they even exist anymore?

>Batman X Gatchaman crossover never.

Prove it

I'd watch the fuck out of this.

>>transforms into a Mister Freeze suit for ice powers, Two-Face to split in two, Ivy to control plants
>implying Batman wouldn't use the Firefly suit to counter Mr. Freeze and vice-versa

Oh, okay, I will totally take your made-up bullshit as fact, Mr. Virgin.

>Batman could capture and collect characters

It was probably just WB wanting to make more money by incorporating all those weird made-up toy versions they'd always release during the animated shows that had Batman using some kind of weird ass Winter Ninja Assault suit or Radioactive Smog Skis.

>Knight is Batman
>Ryuki is Robin

So exactly like Kamen Rider

Knight died during Batman Inc. but then Squire became the new Knight. ;_;

Wrong Knight

I was surprised with how well they handled Hank Pym, they even gave him his self doubt and self esteem problems, and was just all around tortured.

Like this is a Japanese kid's show but ine of the writers bothered to do their research on Hank.

>What if Batman Beyond had been like an American Kamen Rider series? Batman could have gotten forms based on his villains.
That's not at all what they were pushing for. It was a series set in the future where there were three kids who were all potential Batmans. Instead of focusing on thwarting villains, they were competing with each other because whoever ended up the strongest among them would end up becoming Batman.

And, IIRC, this was after Batman Beyond. Bruce Timm found this idea so frustratingly stupid that he made a few calls with people he'd worked on DCAU cartoons with before, they threw around some idea, and he called the higher ups back the next day with "hey, how about a Justice League cartoon instead?"

>It was a series set in the future where there were three kids who were all potential Batmans.
>Instead of focusing on thwarting villains, they were competing with each other because whoever ended up the strongest among them would end up becoming Batman.
This could be a fucking great idea though.

>each one has one strength of Bruce's to the extreme
>one focuses on detective work and deductive reasoning, practically surpassing Bruce in that area
>another focuses purely on martial arts and physical ability
>the last is a master strategist, employs various agents around Gotham and directs them in his war on crime

That would be some Death Note shit. I'd love to see something like that.

>This could be a fucking great idea though.
Not Bruce's style. Kids who are competing with each other are doing things for the wrong reason, and they make mistakes. And doing a 'teamup' show instead where they all have different aspects of Bruce's abilities just stinks to high heaven, how many hundreds of times have we seen that 'the new generation' formula being abjectly terrible?
Much better to focus closely on a single character and develop him well, like they did, and it was amazing.

>Not Bruce's style. Kids who are competing with each other are doing things for the wrong reason, and they make mistakes.
Bruce could be long-dead though and a plot-point that all the Batman-replacements are misguided, like in TDK.

>And doing a 'teamup' show instead where they all have different aspects of Bruce's abilities just stinks to high heaven, how many hundreds of times have we seen that 'the new generation' formula being abjectly terrible?
And how many times has it not really been terrible at all? Hell, Batman Beyond is already a 'new generation' story as it is.