Redpill me on what Lovecraftian horror is

Redpill me on what Lovecraftian horror is.

>whoa what I'm seeing is so spooky and sanity-shattering that I don't have the words to describe it lol you'll just have to believe me
>by the way my cat's name is Nigger Man

fear of the unknown, everyone else is just memeing.

all that old god nonsense is EU garbage created and perpetuated by autists

boundless inconceivable tenebrous maddening eldritch niggers

>naming you're cat nigger man
That was honestly the only good thing lovecraft ever did

This

It's assumed to be plagiari... inspired by H.P. Lovecraft's At the Mountains of Madness that was published in 1936, two years prior to John W. Campbell Jr.'s Who Goes There?, which was published in 1938. The book spawned two movie adaptations (The Thing From Another World 1951 and Horror Express 1972) prior to John Carpenter's The Thing in 1982 which was based more on the novella than prior entries to the series, which it, itself spawned it's own original prequel based on the events of the Norwegian camp in 2011.

A good example is the short story "The Color From Outer Space" or something like that. Guy lives on a farm with a neighboring family on the next farm over. At night a strange color comes from the sky onto the neighbor's farm, and it even slightly stains their soil. The neighboring family degenerates further and further into fighting and illness until they eventually all die and the color stops.

The fear is from something bad happening because of circumstances you can't even begin to properly understand, let alone do anything about.

chemtrails

This desu, case closed

not really true desu

It's horror that focuses on the fact that human power and comprehension of the universe is extremely small, and so there are things 'out there' which go far beyond our scope of understanding and sanity.

The link to the thing is fairly tenuous, but follows as describes

wtf I Lovecraft now

>not really true desu

it's the defining trait of all his work

It's funny because it's true

>"They're coming for me! I can hear their footsteps on the stairs! They're about to break down the door! YIA YIA"

>still has time to write all this shit down instead of running away

The movie/book "It" reminds me a lot to that story. The always invisible parasitic alien things that drop at the farm starts feeding from the area. It is dwelling in the well.

Cosmological horror (that totally isn't an excuse for poor writing!), contained within a very unoriginal narrative and non-characters that only act as vehicles to show more of the undefined "horror". Then if you read anything by Edgar Allen Poe, you realize just how little creativity Lovecraft actually had.

Basically, there's a reason his work was considered pulp at the time.

rats in the walls is one of lovecrafts best stories and not as vague as you want to make it out to be.

This movie tried so hard to fill the niche. Fell a bit short though.
I still think it's a serviceable enough movie, but unfortunately being the big horror flavour of the month means everybody has top expectations for what are usually still indie movies, like It Follows or The Babadook for example.

I've barely starting reading him and the cunt describes nearly everything. What are you talking about sucka man?

The universe is dark and unknowable. Time is endless. Aliens are real. When the sun burns out no one will even care that we were here.

Also, Beetle People become the dominant lifeform after man.

>Also, Beetle People become the dominant lifeform after man.
That's horror alright

Lovecraft was terrified by the astronomy theories of his time, the idea of the earth and everything that was the center to our civilization been basically a blink of nothing in the middle of nowhere instead of the biblical view.

Then because he couldn't stand it he filled the void with monsters and tried to make a buck. After his death several authors keep trying to make a buck because if you put lovecraft in the cover or the back you sell a couple hundred more books.

That's the Lovecraftian universe in a nutshell.

Horrifying perpetual happenings, ie hell on earth

Something which overwhelm your sanity metter.

Saya no uta animo soon faggets

I headcanon it as event horizon prequel it just warks.