About The Return

You faggots are a bunch of blind followers of Lynch who won't accept that "Twin Peaks: The Return" is a total disaster. This is the final proof that rebooting old series is a really *really* bad idea, since not even Lynch can do it right.

TPTR is not Twin Peaks: it's a bland, sad, and pathetic attempt of self-celebration in the form of an artificial continuation of an unfinished old work. So old that you, the creator, can't even remember correctly. Ironically, at a metalanguage level, the topics of this reboot perfectly reflect what reboots per se are: concretely, a doppelganger, product of a creative void. It's not Cooper who is lost here, it's David Lynch himself. Maybe this is his unconscientious talking...

I will tell you one thing, Sup Forums: after watching the first episode I was actually deceived for a moment, as I thought it was going to be great; maybe it was going to be more in the direction of FWWM, but I was OK with that. But then, after episode two I started to realize what was really going on here. At episode three, I started to cry and almost turned off my TV, as I finally understood what was happening here: it was the dead of one of the greatest artists of the 20th century.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13021191
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I agree OP. Seriously, with the South Dakota setting and the goofy characters, why are they trying so hard to be like Fargo? Is David Lunch incapable of producing fake pretentious kino anymore that he has to rip off real kino?

Is this a new pasta?

HEAD
NICE AND HOT

Twin Peaks has always had goofy characters

No, but you are free to do whatever you want with it...

t.underage

Goofy characters are one thing. Pathetic attempts of comedy with sparse content and awkwardly long scenes are another.

kek

cept fargo s3 is a pile of shit
plus ur post is pasta.

>cept fargo s3 is a pile of shit
preach it

S3 is a pleb filter

It's not looking good OP. Really not good. Ignoring the memetastic usual Sup Forums take on shit with the usual
>hahaha #LYNCHED normies BTFO pleb filter confirmed take that comfyfags
shit, it's really kind of awful thus far. First episode was by far the worst, though. It's happening whether it's good or not, so might as well enjoy the ride. For me, the revival only made me want to watch and appreciate the original that much more. It's a beautiful show with a cool take on tropey characters. This just seems like kind of a mess.

I'm so glad that the new season is pleb filter

I can always tell between someone who's had years to digest the show vs someone like OP who only got into the show when he heard it was going to have a new season

Not enough LE COFFEE AND DONUTS for you, pleb?

As a side note, with respect to photography: digital filmography in this work is so fucking out of place that I almost puked into my pants. The calorimetry is very amateurish in many shots, and the CG in general is just catastrophic.

Awful looking show, and when they cut back to the original, you can really tell the difference.

Lynch began his career as a painter. During one exhibitions one of his paintings was effected by shadows cast by a projector and he started his search to create a painting that could move. This lead him to films. Going through the narrative structure that often comes with the medium he finally ended up with his moving painting with Inland Empire. A pure formalistic piece of work that can only be experienced and has no meaning for symbolism or interpretation.

To go back to Twin Peaks now is a mistake on Lynch's part. Twin Peaks had its conclusion. There was no need to show "what happens next". He should've kept painting as he did after IE and left the world of film and TV.

I probably watched more cult films in the last two decades than you sheep will in your whole shitty life. Do you believe that I would be criticizing these firsts episodes in this way if Eraserhead wasn't one of my favorite movies? seriously, fuck off

Funny, I see this post for every season of Fargo.

literally end of season 2: ill see you in 25 years

25 years later: this is the conclusion

you fucking literally leave season 2 with cooper possessed by bob? you think that's where the show should end? so many questions. you need to stop acting like you know what you're talking about

excellent pastiche of a Reddit pseud, 10/10 user i'm using this as pasta from now on

>At episode three, I started to cry

Get a grip you homo

>been overtly critical on a piece of media of a show that hasn't aired in 25 years instead of just watching to see how it unfolds

now this is pleb

Cringe and pathetic.

>Do you believe that I would be criticizing these firsts episodes in this way if Eraserhead wasn't one of my favorite movies?

eraserhead, the elephant man, mulholland drive, the list goes on...

wew

Weird how you're all about wait and see, but already willing to go on the record that it's actually a good show and simply pleb filter that mere redditors could never hope to understand based on the same amount of episodes.

Sup Forums in one post, pretty much. I wish kinofags would just neck themselves and get it over with.

Lynchfags are delusional, so enterenched in thier denial, they'll take any random excrement Lynch throws thier way, and derive meaning from it

>dude surealism lmao
>dude Kafka lmao
>dude atmosphere lmao

Pathetic

>starting a show that doesnt conclude until SEPTEMBER 3RD

no fuckin thanks, i might die before then

Not gonna lie, former Lynch fan here. This is fucking hilarious watching Twin Peaks crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this hack get all the critical acclaim

WTF I love twin peaks nao

aww this is cute

Actually, I just visited /r/twinpeaks to read some opinions, and do you know what they think? they love it! draw your own conclusions faggot

You're right, this show is silly. Very silly indeed.
It needs to stop!

don't overdo it bud

>LMAO the new season is BAD now LYNCH is a hack! xD
>all of season 2, minus a handful of episodes, was bad

what did they mean by this?

hehehe

it's because they didn't watch the show. Only a recap

Please explain to me where the xenomorph originated.
Please explain to me what the force is.
Please explain to me what happened to Dreckard.
Show us what adventure Max had next.
Did Gordon Gekko get out of jail?

Yes. It is a good place to leave the fate of Cooper. We don't need to know what happened next. It just ends badly.

I liked most of season 2. It was only terrible in comparison to season 1, but it was still pretty decent television. I think the worst episode of season 2 is probably better than the first one of the new season.

Die OP

Nothing can be worse than the adventures of super nadine and other shitty subplots.

Whatever floats your boat

Oh fuck off and take your fart sniffing elsewhere

>I think the worst episode of season 2 is probably better than the first one of the new season.
This.

Is anyone surprised? Sup Forums is just here to shit on nice things that happen to fall in line with whatever board you're on

>it's kino and plebfilter
>isn't able to partake in contemporary discourse
No, go back to your redditcirclejerk.

Really makes ya think

Who cares about cooper? Sure it's expected but do you really not see how this is 18 hours of Lynch doing what he wants without studio hounds breathing down his neck?

Twin Peaks aired in 1990

Please don't pretend like you watched the original run

>Show us what adventure Max had next.

Yeah actually I'd be cool with that

>I HEARD ABOUT IT FIRST SO I AM SUPERIOR

Don't understand this thinking desu

Unless you're almost 40 you didnt watch the show when it originally ran.

Well guess what.

Well, I did. I was 8 years old and didn't understand what was going on, but they watched it at my house religiously. I also remember recognising Duchovny when the X-files came out and being a bit shocked.

>show aired 27-25 years ago, when Jay was probably in early Elementary School.
>"y-you shou-shoulda watched it still! F-Faggot!"

How does it feel to be a loser AND middle aged?

I have a really hard time seeing that, yes. I might be jumping the gun but so far I'd rather see him make a new show or just stick to painting. I don't get what he suspects to uncover with revisiting this without falling back into narrative and symbolic interpretation.

Jay is like 38.

why is cooper a retard after coming out of the lodge

>I think the worst episode of season 2 is probably better than the first one of the new season.

wrong

Wow congratulations, you're 40 and you're shaming people who are in their early 30's not watching a surreal soap opera murder sex show as small children.

Are you a big man? Do you feel hard?

Sure you did little guy
Here's a sticker

>admitting you're THIS old that you could have a problem with this

old fart

Where's my fucking sticker?

That wasn't even the point, nigger. The pinned thread yesterday was all about accusing people critical of the show that they weren't around when it first aired, and now RLM gets on the train and suddenly it's all fine and people who actually watched it when it aired AND don't like the new season are just old fucks that don't get Lynch.

Sup Forums really is a shithole.

>muh shame

Maybe stay on reddit next time.

Sup Forums really is one person.

Maybe you just like penis.

>this shit no one cares about is actually shit no one cares about!

cool

I am starting to believe that Sup Forums may have a few Showtime's paid shills for real. Scary times...

>Sup Forums is 5 people

(You)

>People like a work of fiction in the year of our lord 2017 AD without being pointlessly cynical and contrarian about it to appease internet friends
>"T-they m-m-must be s-shills!"

Thats exactly what a shill would say

What the fuck is Sup Forums?

>a website/board is a hivemind and/or one person

reddit logic everyone!

>>People don't like a work of fiction in the year of our lord 2017 AD because it looks awful and has none of the charm of the original and share it with internet friends
>"T-they m-m-must be r-redditors! normie! pleb filter. enjoy ur coffee and pie now #lynched"

Insufferable, bitter people all around.

Get out of here grandpa.

you sound like a shill.

Buzzwords don't strengthen your "argument" or whatever that tantrum was.

How dare you reply to me?

Where did i say any of that.

Cool epic le strawmango.

>if you like something, it's shilling
>if you don't, it's all okay

OP IS FAG

I'm starting to think the people like you are the real shills. Getting people to watch to find out what all the hate is about

> user doesn't even know that those were extremely significant symbols in the narrative universe

New Twin Peaks is literally better than the old Twin Peaks. I love seeing the normie soap opera crowd cry about it. It's all the best parts of the original series combined with everything I love about Lynch kino, and I fucking love it.

>muh coffee
>muh cherrypie
>muh waifus
I'm glad plebs got blown the fuck out. Based Lynch.

>Twin Peaks: The Return

How many episodes is S03 supposed to have?

buckle up, it's gonna be a wild ride.

You overage faggots are even worse than underage. At least they still have a chance to get their lives on track. You are in your 40s, feeling smug about watching a 25 year old show before the sidekick of a random e-celeb.

>18

Damn, that's really going against the Hollywood grain, which is pushing for fewer and fewer episodes per season.

Can't be short enough... Lynch have decided to kill this world forever. This is even worse than The X-Files S11.

t. buttblasted underage RLM dickriding faggot

>This is even worse than The X-Files S11.

Lets not get crazy, here.

>You overage faggots are even worse than underage.

I'm 49 years old and while I didn't watch it when it was originally broadcast, but I did watch it years later via Netflix and thought it was a good tv show.

That is, until they solved who was Laura's killer and the show went artsy-fartsy full-retard...

Still, I'll give the new season a try.

strawpoll.me/13021191
>strawpoll.me/13021191
strawpoll.me/13021191

>40 year old man posting his smug sense of superiority over teenagers on an imageboard
>Insinuating anyone is more pathetic than him

Hows the hemorrhoids, divorce, and dead-end job?

>I'm 49 years old