It's a RLM creates a hipster revisionist internet show and centers it as a vehicle for jay's snobbish sensibilities

>it's a RLM creates a hipster revisionist internet show and centers it as a vehicle for jay's snobbish sensibilities

dude please tell me all the deep intricacies riddled in this average 80s schlock lmao..

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XSh0z3h7R5E&list=PLcs93LaC3vpRah0-D7AyXnjTN7YQe7F0K
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they didn't say there was anything deep about that movie, just well made with an interesting concept.

I think you just wanted to shout "hipster" and "snobbish" and somehow built a half-assed phrase around them, which didn't end up having a lot of meaning.

And what the hell is "revisionist" supposed to mean in this context?

Are we implying Jay Bauman isn't an utter snob?

Ride his dick harder why don't you.

>jay's snobbish sensibilities
This show is obviously a vehicle for Beardfat and his cuckcentricities. Jay is just the only one who was willing to do the show with him. The episodes with Mike and Jay only exist to lure unsuspecting people into Beardfat's trap.

You sound mad

Get some real friends

t. autist trying to save the integrity of his favorite twink e-celeb so he can keep his friend simulating Friday nights intact without guilt

Tell that to the losers defending them.

I'm tired of seeing people revere these lames.

What are some examples of him being a snob?

I like how RLM fans all pretend to be huge fans of the movies they discuss after each episode, especially The Mist, it's a trash movie and always will be

t. Beardfat defense force trying to deflect

reddit leddit memeia are literally frauds, acting like they have such great taste while reviewing capeshit and shitty b movies that were so trash they have to watch them on VHS. If they were tasked with reviewing a real movie they would get called out on not knowing shit passed the imbd trivia section.

He works as a good contrast to Mike being an utter pleb though

Who the fuck cares about beardfat?

youtube.com/watch?v=XSh0z3h7R5E&list=PLcs93LaC3vpRah0-D7AyXnjTN7YQe7F0K

No, he doesn't. He's only there to dial down Mike's armchair fat guy critic aesthetic.

Everything Jay says is eye-roll inducing. He's also a horror fan, adding more to his snobshit demeanor.

I dropped him when he said he never liked Will Smith. What guy doesn't like Willy Will, one of the defining action stars of the 21st Century, if not THE biggest.

>Half in the Bag
>Re:View

They're both fucking review shows. They both review movies. Why even have two separate shows besides wanting to milk the fuck out of clicks and ad rev?

So deep..

>revisionist

revisionist of what? is RLM trying to deny the war crimes committed during WWII? lol

At what point in their review of The Gate do they try and make it sound like an intellectual film with "deep intricacies?"

Oh right, they don't.

Nah they're trying to prop up long forgotten films and label them as misunderstood avant-garde pieces.

I think the Fire Walk with me Re:view was the most I've ever disagreed with them. That movie was total shit

>that guy that loves cheap b-movie schlock is a snob!
Haha OP is a faggot

One is with recent movies and one is with older ones. Ad revenue pays jack shit for them. And how exactly is having two shows milking ad revenue? Even if they converted all of the Re:View videos to Half in the Bag the total amount of videos and views would be the same

is it just me or is beardfat better when he's just with 1 other person?
when he's in botw he gets mad when the group changes up tracks of where they're going for discussion and he's not the one to instigate it
here it's kinda impossible to do that

also has he done one with anyone besides jay?

Did you think this sentence through before typing it? Like, did it somehow make sense in your head?

He's a reddit spacing normalfag, he doesn't have one coherent thought in his head.

But...they're not.

>criticize Half in the Bag as only reviewing new big comic book movies and criticize them as shills
>when RLM puts out a segment on looking at older movies that they're interested in, criticize it as snobbish

FLAWLESS!

They just love it because when it came out, they thought they were never going to have more twin peaks in their life.

Kind of why some of us like Metallica's Black Album despite signaling the end of the band's creativity.

They didn't say "The Gate: was avant-garde, they just thought it was interesting and well made in retrospect. The video didn't talk about any "deep meaning" from "The Gate", lol. You're probably just butthurt because you haven't heard of it before so you immediately assume and discussion of it must be pretentious

No, I'm pretty sure they like it for all the reasons stated in their 45 minute video.

you can't argue with these people, user. just let them squirm

>is it just me or is beardfat better when he's just with 1 other person?
Beardfat is awful in all situations.

because lolsorandumb david lynch dick sucking

>People that enjoy movies I haven't seen are snobs!
Brilliant thread, OP.

>people still watch Disney Letter Media

>this video
>snobbish
Way to miss the point autismo, it was a bait and switch. He made you think there would be a vlog and just showed footage of nothing. It's not meant to be an art piece

Maybe you should actually watch the video and listen to the things they say instead of just complaining about literally nothing.

BUT DUDE AREN"T YOU SUPER HYPED FOR SEASON 3 LETS GO POST IN THE GENERAL GOD I LOVE DAVID LYNCH HE IS LITERALLY OUR GUY XD

Basically yeah. The movie was like half teaser for something that didn't happen and half a woman you already knew the fucked up life story for screaming

don't get me wrong
i wouldn't miss him if they never had him on screen again but he's half as insufferable whenever he's not having his spergy little fits as the group is doing their bits around him

Apropos of nothing

>a joke video is proof he's a snob
Just admit you're mad at him because he shit on a movie that you like. Cut out the "HE'S PRETENTIOUS!" bullshit.

keep sucking that dick for ecred

I liked Twin Peaks aside from a bunch of the second season, and I don't really have strong feelings about David Lynch, but Fire Walk with me was still a total waste of time

dude my venture into making weird "arthouse" vlogs flopped so here's a new presentation of my pretentiousness but in a more accessibly normie fashion.

Bravo, Mike.

I'd rather watch Collider seeing as their upfront in their plebbery.

The only people who could call Jay pretentious are people that don't know the meaning of the word pretentious.

re:View - The Wraith when?

So are you just butthurt that they didn't like Rogue One or something? You sound like a raging retard.

This desu.

>a joke video
Try 46, you mediocre apologist.

Sup Forums has generally liked The Mist, most people do

I think RLM were more butthurt about other people liking R1 since they can't handle a world where they aren't the authority on Star Wars.

46 jokes. Now come up with some actual proof that Jay is pretentious, you pleb.

Or maybe they just think it's fun to laugh at raging autists.

>I-IT WAS A PRANK BRO JAYS FAVORITE FILM IS ACTUALLY
TRANSFORMERS

H-he's pretentious because he enjoys movies I haven't seen! Am I cool now for using a word I don't understand?

Whoever made this thread and is responding with autism to everyone calling him an idiot must be really insecure in his movie tastes.

>46 jokes
You're fucking helpless in your bad taste. Keep indulging yourself with pretentious bullcrap.

No we didn't, since RLM likes it now we have to hate it

So can you properly explain HOW jay is pretentious instead of just saying it over and over and acting like you're actually making a point?

>REEEEEEEEEE THE BEARDED MANLET LIKES WEIRD MOVIES! DOESN'T HE KNOW EVERY MOVIE SHOULD BE LIKE STAR WARS?! WHAT A FUCKING PRETENTIOUS ASSHOLE!
Shouldn't you be in a capeshit thread right now?

>we
Go back.

making 46 "vlogs" as a joke is pretentious as fuck.

"LOOK, I'M MAKING FUN OF ARTSY STUFF AND VLOGS, 46 TIMES"
"I ALSO LIKE OBSCURE MOVIES BECAUSE I LIKE WEIRD SHIT HOW AWESOME AM I"

Don't get so pissy about it though, it's not like they're your buddies or anything.

Why is it pretentious? HOW is it pretentious? Are you actually capable of forming a coherent critical thought? Literally nothing you've said in this thread suggests you are.

So it's pretentious for Jay to enjoy movies that you haven't personally heard of? Maybe he should consult you before making videos.

Dude, get real.

The manlet thinks he's David Lynch or something.

And if it's a joke, then where the fuck is the comedy? Aren't jokes supposed to be funny? I think the only joke here is you vehemently defending friend simulators.

Do you even know the meaning of the word? Should I google it for you? Can i TYPE like THIS as well? You SELF-IMPORTANT douche

You guys bitch about everything. Youre like the media on trump, spending more time and energy on bitching than those who like them spend on enjoying their content.

>implying horror fans are pretentious
You know that most horror fans, including Jay, like mindless schlock, right?

lol you're so dumb. It's truly amazing.

Stop replying to me already, I'm talking to this guy

>political comparisons

You've still failed to explain how Jay is pretentious. For a word you love to use, you sure don't seem to know what it means.

>Yes, google it for me
Fine:
>making an exaggerated outward show; ostentatious.

Example:
Make 46 videos mocking art film

>lel it's a joke brah
Sure

ITT: a flaming pleb is furious that an internet reviewer he'll never meet likes horror flicks and arthouse films

Could you just...not??

But the vlogs are a joke. You can't just pretend they're not to make it look like you're making an argument.

>Jay praises an art film
>"WHAT A PRETENTIOUS ASSHOLE!"
>Jay makes a bunch of videos that mock art film
>"WHAT A PRETENTIOUS ASSHOLE!"
So if Jay acknowledges art film in anyway he's a pretentious asshole. He should only talk about blockbusters.

IF HE LIKES BLOCKBUSTERS, HES PRETENTIOUS!

Review Screw is superior.

>DUDE LIKING ANY FORM OF MEDIA IS PRETENTIOUS

LIKING HORROR FILMS IS PRETENTIOUS

LIKING ARTHOUSE FILMS IS PRETENTIOUS

MOCKING ARTHOUSE FILMS IS PRETENTOUS

DUDE EVERYTHING IS PRETENTIOUS LMAO

What a pretentious thread.

You're all pretentious.

I wonder if OP knew he would be mocked this much.

PRETENTIOUS

Who is this Sup Forums guy? is it (you)?

Sup Forums is pretentious.

Dubs confirm!

>revisionist
What? They review old movies, and Jay isn't even in half of the episodes. Why even get mad at this?

80% of the shit he watches are horror B movies. He reviews capeshit for a living. How is that being snobbish?

OP is under the impression that anyone that's seen any movie he hasn't heard of is a snob.

>it's a review screw reactionary thread

The influence he has on this board is palpable. He's right unfortunately.

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

I have never heard of Review Screw but he sounds butthurt as fuck

based review screw

How can RLM be on a "slander campaign" when they have literally mentioned the name of any other YouTube channels in their Merd Crew videos?