Have any comic books ever seriously emotionally drained you to the point of needing to sit back and think about life...

Have any comic books ever seriously emotionally drained you to the point of needing to sit back and think about life for a bit?

Yup. Most notably, O'Neil's Question and THAT PAGE from the last issue of Punisher Born.

Are you trying to get high off emotions again?

That is illegal, you know.

Yes, but not on purpose.

Sticky did nothing wrong.

To be fair nobody did anything right

I don't understand how Undertale could of had such a huge impact while hardly anyone played LIsa

Undertale is shorter and more digestable. also bomb-ass soundtrack.

Even people who played both have a harder time talking about lisa. its not as easy to talk about. its not as memey. and i mean that in a literal sense, not as in internet memes.

Honestly Endtown.

SOUP'S ON

does her hair a question mark on porpoise?

The Sculptor by Scott McCloud kinda did that to me

reminder that LISA's soundtrack > Undertale's soundtrack

I don't think they can be compared.

this and the creator of the game isn't very well known. it did get kickstarter funded like undertale, not as much but enough to get a game and a DLC out of it. but aside from toby fox, who is well known for being Homestuck's leading music composer, there were also a lot of other names attached to it like Gigi and the creator of Ava's Demon.

I like both but I think LISA has had a more profound effect on me, since the concepts Undertale provides are interesting on a gameplay level but nothing new conceptually.

Undertale has a couple 'getting real' moments but they almost always end up being broken up with a stupid joke line or happy outcome. Lisa uses that more cynical/realist approach of good things not just magically happening with the power of friendship - pushing through for the sake of love/family etc. not necessarily being the right thing to do is a pretty heavy message, particularly for the ending to a redemption style story

I agree with

I don't think the happy outcome is the problem, especially when the game fully offers a number of unhappy/neutral outcomes and one outcome where you murder almost everyone in the game.

Undertale is a lot more of a classic RPG game in tone, and I can see why it had a much broader appeal compared to LISA. The latter is not a game that everyone can handle and for plenty of good reason. It's called "Painful RPG" for a reason. I would say Undertale is a much easier game to play than LISA is, and has a more accessible story.

God I'm going to get SO MUCH shit for this, but JTHM.

I know it's not meant to be taken like that and even Jhonen says it's is bullshit and it makes him sick that people take it as gospel but there are some points that just make you stop and think.

I almost had a break down watching The Little Prince a while ago. Shits great and if you know the original it will shake you to your fucking core.

Honestly jthm can be pretty real at times, they part that always stuck with me is the one where he kills the pedophile and discusses human behavior and shit and how his view of the world is just as flawed and wrong as everybody else's.

The soup will live on

Little Miss Touch Me Not

Or something like that, I'm probably fucking the name up but man... that comic was rough.

How much I enjoyed Marvel and how it's gone to shit makes me a little sad every day in general though.

Jesus Fuck. I have never wished to physically hurt a comic book character. But that asshole deserves to get beaten to a bloody pulp.

I played Undertale and I still don't get the hype. It was a decent combat but the entire thing was the literal definition of pretentious with that spelling out unsubtle meta-narrative, that I can barely stand from Morison but without the same impact that still has me in with a morison comic. Never played lisa though.

Miss don't touch me. That comic was rough and I still want another book.

I wouldn't say it emotionally drained me, but I do remember feeling heavy after finishing this. Probably because I made the mistake of reading it all in one afternoon.

LISA was yet another mediocre daddy simulator like The Last of Us and Walking Dead before it, but this time with indie pixel graphics and Dark Souls memes.

I mean it was okay (the DLC was garbage) but it's not worth the fuss.

what chapter is that page from?

Well you're entitled to your opinion but the majority disagrees with you.

Your buzzwords make this sound like a baitpost but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here

That's it. What a ride that story is, you could never guess the end from the beginning, hell it's hard to guess the next chapter from the current one.

Are you saying you want a continuation or just something more from the writer?

I don't about making me think about life, but some comics have either left profound impacts on me, or resonated with me strongly.

Watchmen
Ussop vs. Luffy fight of One Piece
Three Shadows
Waltz with Bashir (it was an animated movie, but it has a comic adaptation)
Fullmetal Alchemist

Honestly, as much as I love comics, its such a hard medium to make a truely emotional impact that doesn't feel cheap. Comics take so long to draw (it's 6-8 fucking drawings for one page), and thus, takes forever to tell a story if you're pacing it right. And for a truly sad, happy or meaningful moment, you have to spend a long time falling in love with the characters. You have to feel what they're feeling. Unless you have years to work on a project, you're not gonna make that moment materialize, and so many creators don't have that luxury.

What buzzwords? The game is indie, has pixel graphics and contains Dark Souls memes. Regardless of whether you feel it has any bearing on the game's quality, these are facts. Do you care to dispute them?

>memes
>one paraphrased mention of "Praise the Sun"

Continuation. It's had two books and I still want a third. It felt finished and yet had things to tie up.

That's what Tea shops are for.

So you're agreeing, then?

does anybody have the rest of the bring your daughter to work story, i can't find it

I'd also point out the power of homestuck and furries.

It's Japanese, but Orange left me a wreck for quite a while.

Why are you bringing up such inane, selective points? Nothing you're mentioning is a main part of the game, just memetically common phrases hand picked from Sup Forums

Don't toss garbage around like that and pretend you're just having a civil conversation

Spotted the jew.

I'm sorry you feel personally attacked by criticism of your game. You should probably get some emotional distance before attempting to discuss it.

Sup Forums go home

Greatest work of fiction since the holocaust.

You're still doing it. The polite thing to do when you're caught bullshitting is to stop, not dig yourself deeper with that asinine "You've got a lot of growing up to do kid" schlock

I want to love LISA for it's Fist of the North Star style stuff.

But I can't get over how much of a cunt Buddy is. Everything in the plot could've been avoided had she just fucking waited and not thought she could save the world with her vagina.

When the game tries to go all "NO BRAD YOU ARE THE REAL MONSTER" I didn't buy it. For doing what, killing the man who ruined his life? For trying to get his adoptive daughter back from a gang of psychos that Rando can't control?

And then LISA: The Joyful pissed me off more.

Some user story timed it before

ok what comic is this

Clarissa.

I only advise reading it if you want to read the Punisher right after.

yeah i've seen individual pages of it (suicidal bears), i thought it was just a short webcomic though rather than an actual series

memes is plural, he's actually not agreeing

Rusty Brown

The adventure time episode, Remember me. I started crying pretty hard mid episode.

As someone who's played through both multiple times, I get the appeal of both and I have a hard time picking over one and the other. Both are memorable and unique, but very different fundamentally when it comes to the tone and feel. Undertale is mostly funny with some feelsy and scary moments, where Lisa is the polar opposite with having a dark setting with funny things happening here and there. That being said, I don't think ones better than the other, because they're both very different as games too. Lisa works more like a traditional RPG whereas UT mixes in light bullet-hell and negotiating to its combat. And of course, there's the outlier that is their fanbases. Any fandom can be crappy, but I suppose if you sifted through both you'd find more bad Undertale junk (Lisa doesn't have ninety-trillion AUs either).

TL;DR both are good in their own way but can't really be compared

From Hell drained me a lot. Even the mystical boohoo ending.

It was a short indie comic but it has now returned.

We3

C'mon man, she's like 7.

Ojasumi punpun did that to me. I had to stop reading it and go out on the balcony to catch some fresh air.

Bring your Daughter to Work Day

It's on the compilation book Peek #1. I don't have a link, but you should look for that.

>Lisa the spiteful got canceled
At least the mod-kit's here goo dot gl/VpKKFe