You lied to me Sup Forums

You lied to me Sup Forums
>27%
I finally got around to seeing it tonight and I couldn't believe the reviews.

I'd honestly like some opinions of anons who can say they objectively didn't like it. And no civil war babies trying to say how they were trying to do what marvel did just worse because as much as I loved civil war that's not what they are doing. Marvel hit the jackpot with their movies and sure DC wants to do something similar but they are going about it differently in their own way.

Though I do have to say I'm excited for whenever they get rid of Zach Snyder and his forced religious imagery bullshit

27% does not mean the movie was a 2.7/10. It means 27% of reviews were positive, they're two different things.

Lots of people enjoyed it.

Unfortunately those people aren't most critics and reviewers, plus it definitely isn't for everyone.

I personally fucking loved it and it's my favorite cape movie and I think the second best cape movie made. Plus it has the best live-screen version of Batman on film and actually embraces the idea of Superheroes being mythical without any irony.

Also, something else which I think is important for understanding the reviews/critics disliking it is that MOST of the professional reviewers and critics are American, and Americans don't like the idea of Superman not embracing the American dream.

>implying I don't know how rotten tomatoes works.
All I said was 27% calm down. And no it doesn't mean 2.7/10 it's means about every 3 people in 10 who saw it (and review it) liked it, which is still pretty terrible.

Movie would have been better after months of thoughtful editing
No WW nor JL cameos
No Doomsday
Have Superman be optimistic, inspiring

Have Superman actually debate his point of view instead of just moping to Lois

End the fight with a better excuse other than the Martha ptsd thing

Have them teamup againts luthor in krytonyte powered armor instead of introducing another antagonist

Bam. Just fixed most of it.

I liked the batman parts, superman was blandy bland and mopy, lois lane was there to be fucked and state the obvious, Wonder Woman's line reading was terrible but the physical performance was alright, the JL cameos were badly hamfisted, the BvS part was disappointing and the reason why they stopped fighting made me actually laugh mostly because lois had to say it out loud, Doomsday being Nuclear Man from Supe IV was also lel. The whole style of the film screamed I LIKE THE WATCHMEN A LOT! GET IT!
5/10 Snyder pls go

BvS was a masterpiece.

Superman was weirdly money, Lex had no reason to be there, it was paced awkwardly, Jimmy Olsen was murdered before anyone even said his name out loud, entire scenes were completely and utterly pointless, and Batman fucking sends Wonder Woman an email with a Justice League trailer in it.

I was seriously impressed by batflek actually I had a lot of doubts. I thought henry Cavail as superman was gonna steal the show after him being the best part of MoS but I was surprised, as I was with many things this movie.

They really nailed showing batman/superman as two sides of the same coin and showing superman's descent from god to man, while at the same time rising up batmans holier than thou qualities throughout the movie really making me question the whole who is really the god/man/demon. I think that's something that people who complain about how short they fought for, you can't fight your other half forever, you eventually half to accept it.

Fuck. Mopey, not money.

BvS WAS GRAET!
CAN'T WAIT TIL SNYDER IS FIRED!

It's like DC friends have been raped retarded by the last two Superman movies.

>bam just fixed most of it

More like bam just completely changed the movie into a shitty fan fic

>Have Superman be optimistic, inspiring
>Have Superman actually debate his point of view instead of just moping to Lois
The whole doomsday thing could be skipped but those points would require to fire the director.

>Americans don't like the idea of Superman not embracing the American dream.

Yes, because at that point he's NotSuperman.
People are surprisingly ok with movies that are clearly NotSuperman.

>I'd honestly like some opinions of anons who can say they objectively didn't like it.
Then read any other goddamn thread and stop trying to be a fucking retarded special snowflake faggot

>Have Superman be optimistic, inspiring
>Have Superman actually debate his point of view instead of just moping to Lois
This is all I wanted desu

Superman was slowly becoming more and more depressed as the movie went on. People would praise him for saving one little girl and then a few days later a couple hundred people are bombed because of him. He keeps trying to help and only make things worse and he doesn't know if his point of view is right which is why he is so mopey and hardly ever defends himself verbally

Motherfucker I don't know what you're talking about. He never smiled through the whole goddamn thing.

Anytime he was actually saving people the score got all sad and shit too. Like i'm supposed to be... Sad that he's saving people?

It wouldn't even be the same movie at this point. How can they even be compared?

And this is a frankly horrible idea for a Superman script.
Even worse than sulky deadbeat Dad Superman.

Will Snyder have him doing heroin and kryptonite next time?

>You lied to me Sup Forums
All right fine, Candlejack isn't re

Most of the time Superman just seemed like he had other things to do.

How? It's showing superman's more human side which is what I thought his whole thing with batman was about?

The movie is already a shitty fanfic.

Civil War just stole Lex character and called him Zemo

>It wouldn't even be the same movie
Yes, and?

tell that to zod's snapped neck

gee, I wonder if a neckbeard Sup Forums poster is behind this one post.

Yes, and?

>Anytime he was actually saving people the score got all sad and shit too. Like i'm supposed to be... Sad that he's saving people?
Yeah, outside of a few exceptions, Superman should smile when he saves somebody.

Lex just stole the jokers personality and called himself a genius

"More human side" means a lot more than near constant moping.

>Sad

Take a look people, this is one of the trigger words that /tvirgins/ shitposters like to use a lot while shitposting.

''Lol, I'm a huge Batman fan and I'm really SAD about BvS! I mean Marvel won!!! what to do?''

Kill yourself virgin boy.

I know how to fix the movie, delete Batman, Lex, Superman, Lois, Ma Kent, Wonder Woman, and Doomsday. Add in Green Lantern, Wolverine, Spiderman, Booster Gold, and Shrek. Then they fight Magneto fused with Brainiac.

>being this triggered

Sup Forums was praising this movie simply because they could make memes from it and started that "kino" shit

>they fight magneto fused with Braniac

Now this would make for a good movie

muh ''not the movie I would have made'' criticism, eat shit and die /tvirgin/ piece of cuck

I loved but I just don't care. People have different tastes, and this time my opinion was different from the majority.

This. When Sup Forums and their patron saint Armond White declare something to be a masterpiece you should at least start getting worried.

When Superman descended from the sky with an heavenly glow behind him i almost choked on my popcorn from laughing.
Also that DBZ dub tier of making sure to the audience is aware that no one is in the battle zone was funny to me.

>Sup Forums was praising this movie

No way, a ton of virgins were maing hate threds daily weeks before the movie was released and jumping on all the bandwagons.

>the movie last like 2 and a half ours!!!! Like most superheroe movies but lets complain regardless!
>They are showing too little in the first trailer and is too serious!
>They are showing too much in the second trailer and is too comedic!!
>They are showing the whole movie in the third trailer and now the movie doesn't know if it wants to be funny or serious!!!

oh look its another Sup Forums shitposters spouting buzzwords!

Isn't this a school night, young faggot?

You must post a reply if Marvel or Disney hurt you or touched you in a bad way.

Deadpool is a better symbol of hope than Superman at this point.

that was fast. where were you touched?

>You lied to me Sup Forums
>27%

Isn't that the score? when did /co imply that wasn't the score?

>and the slightest inference against them is met with shrill screams of rape.

Wow because that's exactly what you're doing.

It's almost like Marvelcucks are the ones in abusive relationships and any challenge to the casual quipfests that cape movies are expected to be forces them to scream and cry.

I removed most of thr movie's poorly executed parts and hamfisted mistakes in order to create a mote focussed product, but by all means, go on and tell me how youtube cameos, cheap cgi monsters and teenage-edgy pseudo philosophic dialogues are better than my fanfic

The same director had Clark actually (poorly) debate shit like this in MoS. Why dif Snyder took Superman two steps back on his character development?

Sad thing is, he already was over that crap, he kept saying he was no omnipotente god, just a guy from kansas wanting to do good

Lex's chidish stunts, college level politics and a crazy vigilante on a bat mask shouldnt change it. I'm all in favour of nerfing power levels, but not personalities

They should call the movie Batman's bitch: Superman. Because you can tell from his 43 lines he was never treated as Bruce's equal

in the heart, thanks based Snyder! I needed that after the shit show that was Age of Ultron.

Funny, you can talk shit about AoE and I won't fall on the floor whimpering.

>Sup Forums shitposter gets btfo
>lol crybabies mod pls delete

user, let me tell you one thing.

Yesterday while I was getting my dick sucked by my GF, she reminded me about my V for Vendetta mask.

Unrelated to the thread, but I know that /tvirgins/ get pissed as hell when they hear about somebody else getting laid, so there you go.

>BvS
>A challenge
You have a strange definition of the word given that BvS is literally a late night talk show punch line.

the problem was it was merely a ok movie. it was batman and superman, it should have been fantastic

The sad thing is there are parts of BvS that work, its just bogged down by shit editing and other glaring issues. I feel like everything was thrown at a wall to see what sticks. Parademons with a Darkseid tease, Flash running from the future, Wonder Woman debuting, all of these things should envoke excitement. But instead it felt disjointed, a constant reminder that "a better movie is on its way!" I hope Ben knows he's great in this and doesnt get discouraged

Well when you produce a dozen movies in the time it makes DC to make two, it's understandable if one isn't really up to par.
However were still waiting for DC to claw its way up to being as good as Age of Ultron

Then why isn't he embracing being a part of the American Dream in the following Superman comics:

>All Star Superman
>Superman Birthright
>Superman For Tomorrow

Seriously, there's this massive disconnect for Superman fanboys.

>and I won't fall

are you one of those people that take personal offense or relate taste in movies with people getting angry?

you have problems, dude, like stop being a virgin problems.

Its too late to back down now bro. We all know where the "capekino" meme came from.

>reading comprehension

Do you know what it is to challenge an idea? or to challenge the norm? It doesn't matter, I'm just shocked you got this far in to the thread without posting Martha! or some other Sup Forums forced meme.

> I hope Ben knows he's great in this and doesnt get discouraged
I think he knows. He is already signed up for more movies than any other actor in the DCCU

>We all know where the "capekino" meme came from.

Yeah, from retards /tvirgins/, we all know that.

It means movie in german, it doesn't even make sense.

Memes by 10 year olds, that's what happens

To be fair, Ben's career at this point was cashing very tiny paychecks for low budget work.
He needs this WB money for his future project ideas.

He does embrace it in Birthright. It depends on how you define the whole "American Dream" thing.

I've stopped caring about these movie specifically because I have those comics for muh Superman. Maybe in another 20 years I'll get a movie with him in it.

I think there's definitely something here. I think people had these weird expectations from Batman v Superman which could never reach their hype. I think people somehow thought that it was also going to be nothing like Man of Steel, which is really fucking dumb.

I personally really enjoyed Batman v Superman, but I understand it isn't for everyone. It's a very fucking dense film with a lot of shit going on and doesn't really allow you to linger on anything before jumping to the next part. I totally dig that not everyone is going to enjoy that but I really did.

I personally like the idea of Superman having doubts. I loved Ben Affleck's Batman, and Gal Gadot made me really excited for Wonder Woman.

Something, for me at least, is that Batman v Superman got me really excited for the rest of the DCEU which is something none of the Marvel movies have done thus far (barring Civil War made me kind of excited for Black Panther, but that's cause Black Panther was probably the only good part of Civil War).

>It's a very fucking dense film

You seem to have this confused with "poorly edited" and "nonsensical characterization".

Also, this is a BvS thread, no one gives any real fucks what your opinion of the Marvel movies are.

The fact that Batman refused to brand Lex gives me hope that the members of the Justice League which haven't joined yet will be real heroes instead of murderers.

I know what is to challenge an idea and a norm.
I also know that BvS fails at it so spectacularly that it's become a dreaded real life meme and now people are going 'Well maybe the new Ghosbusters won't be as bad as BvS".

The fact is that you're too busy whining bout shills and Disney conspiracies to realize that nobody gives a shit about any of the stuff you're saying they do. They'll see any movie so long as it's good. This wasn't.

Yeah, Island Savage Aquaman really gives me that non-killer vibe.

Here's why I hated it.
>The reason they fought was kinda dumb.
If Superman was nearly as blood thirsty as >Bruce thought he was, why did he basically announce that he was planning to fight him with the "Do you bleed?" bit.
>The Dream sequence was thrown in for the trailer and nothing else.
>The Flash Appearing in the dream.
>Shoehorning in The Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg.
>Lois Lane could have been cut from the Movie entirely and it would've been better for it.
>Batman should have retrieved the spear, while Superman fought Doomsday.
>Doomsday looks like a Micheal Bay Ninja Turtle. But somehow even worse.
>The Reason they became friends was laughable.
>Wonder Woman read her Email and was like "Yeah, Okay. I'll fight along side you guys" and that was all she did. See my comment on Lois lane.
>Lex was creepy and immature. He basically committed sexual assault with a Jolly Rancher and was really vulgar with the Jar of Piss.
>That stupid scene on top of the mountain where Clark talked to his Pic Related.
All that said, it still looked cool. So points where they are earned, I guess.

I was taking more about Cyborg and Flash. Aquaman has probably killed a few people, but who knows?

>You seem to have this confused with "poorly edited" and "nonsensical characterization".
That's because it's impossible to like this movie and actually understand and address the complaints levied against it. They're mutually exclusive thought processes.

The movie is a least a 6/10. It's below average but not atrocious like many critics made it out to be. It's a dumb movie that's marginally better than other dumb movies but not fun enough to be a good movie at the same time.

Why?

It's not a far cry to assume Flash and Cyborg would both have issues with killing, Wonder Woman would too but would be willing to cross that line.

Aquaman will most likely not be a killer in the movie. Even if he isn't adverse to it I can see him realizing the political weight of the king of the sea coming to the surface world and murdering its people.

That's the point. The movie has fundamental flaws. It is so fucked it would require entire script rewrites to right the wrongs. There are good pieces there, even some potential, but it's squandered by a less than adequate script and plot. Batman was done well, minus his stupidity at times, and the cast was well chosen. Most of the problems fall on Zack Snyder and WB. It's especially frustrating when every problem is so easily fixed.

I'm sorry, but you said "fun" so your opinion must be disregarded. Only babies and shills want to have fun at the movies.

Snyder is a well-recognized master of beautifully filmed Shit at this point.

And for some of our friends, dank visuals are enough. They can tell themselves they indulged in something DEEP later on the internets.

I don't think so, he directed and co-writed the a picture that won multiple Oscar awards, that alone gives him some cred to keep directing and he always was a small budget kind of director.

Are you serious?

In Gone Girl he was praised for his acting, and all the movies he's directed (Gone Baby Gone, The Town, and Argo) have all been critically acclaimed.

In early interviews he sad part of the reason he agreed to do Batman v Superman was because he wanted to learn more about directing big budget movies, and probably because his contract including him making a Batman movie (or movies).

Ben Affleck didn't chose to do Batman v Superman because he needed it for his career, it's because him making Batman movies will make his directing career even bigger.

>now people are going 'Well maybe the new Ghosbusters won't be as bad as BvS".

One quote you shit poster. I want to see one single person who isn't you who has said "Hey Batman v Superman sucked, I bet Ghostbusters will be alright"

>too busy whining bout shills and Disney conspiracies

I haven't even brought this up. I'm not some tinfoil hat wearing moron.

>They'll see any movie so long as it's good. This wasn't

But it was. It made a hell of a lot of money and most of the people who went to see it enjoyed it. It had a terrible opening reception due to the critics but majority enjoyed it.

Critical Acclaim =/= paying for my Malibu Mansion.
>In early interviews he sad part of the reason he agreed to do Batman v Superman was because he wanted to learn more about directing big budget movies
ie, Getting paid for a change.

Or Superman: Red Son, where they flipped the script and Superman landed in the Soviet Union.

I got to say, Im bummed out about the current DCEU state right now. I hope they pull it around, because I hate the feeling of "oh good a ___ movie......hope they dont fuck this one up." I really want to like BvS, theres good stuff there, but damn does the bad overshadow it.

>and most of the people who went to see it enjoyed it.
It has lower audience favorability than The Incredible Hulk. (appropriately).

>One quote you shit poster. I want to see one single person who isn't you who has said "Hey Batman v Superman sucked, I bet Ghostbusters will be alright"
The Nightly Show, the episode that aired on May 2 2016. When I said that the movie was a late night talk show punch line I was being literal. I was, however, paraphrasing. The exact joke has more to do with sjw bs but it's still BvS as the zinger and the go to association for "this year's bad movie".

It had good visuals. Everything else was a fucking mess.
People liking it =/= good.
People Liked the Smurfs and it was crap.
People Liked Alvin and the Chipmunks and it was crap.
People Liked Keanu and it only has one joke.

Fun Fact: The General Movie Audience is kind of fucking dumb.

I agree. I'm pretty sure that's kind of the point of Batman refusing to brand Lex, but people just wanna call out:

>Tell that to Zod's snapped neck

Every complaint I've heard about Batman v Superman seems incredibly knee-jerky, and doesn't appear like they actually want to look at anything in the film.

I can totally understand that people don't like the editing, for me it worked cause it felt like a fever-dream in a good way. When I first walked out of the theatre I knew I liked it but also knew a lot of other people wouldn't like it.

As far as the comparison to Marvel movies is concerned it's just a natural reaction. What I was saying is that the second DC movie made me interested in what's to come later, whereas basically none of the Marvel have made me interested in whats to come later. I'm not shitting on the Marvel movies when I say that I'm saying it in regards to the fact that the two DC movies feel like they're building towards a saga whereas the Marvel movies don't.

However, a big part of that could be because the first two DC movies were both mainly about Superman and were by the same director, whereas the first two Marvel movies were different directors and different characters (Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk).

>and most of the people who went to see it enjoyed it.
It's pretty gud if your bar is Thor 2.

But that's not Superman's human side. That's not Clark Kent. That's just some unbearable asshole calling himself Clark.

We've had decades of comics showing Superman's human side, and yet somehow Snyder fucked the whole thing up.

Inb4 WB's Rotten Tomatoes is controlled by Marvel.

>Booster Gold
NOW we're talking.

Elseworlds story so it doesn't really count IMO. But yeah.

>Every complaint I've heard about Batman v Superman seems incredibly knee-jerky,
Then with all due respect you're probably not paying close enough attention.

>, for me it worked cause it felt like a fever-dream in a good way.
You might want to find a better phrase do describe this in the future because, given that in order to have a fever dream your brain needs to be slowly dying due to overheating, your analogy basically means you have to be slightly brain damaged to get into the movie.

>For me it worked because it felt like something you imagine when you are physically ill.

Can't argue with you there.

74% is still high. It doesn't matter if it isn't the highest.

So you're source is the opening monologue on a talk show? Great

And what exactly is your basis for those movies being crap? You weren't the target audience? Cause it looks like you're trying to point out the audience of a mature and dark themed film are idiots because the audience for children's movies are generally children.

This movie was better than CW and XMA combined

>Whats to come later
Thats the fucking problem. 2 1/2 hours of what should be a crucial moment in comic movie and you leave thinking "well the next one should be a hoot!" is a big problem. Im all for a big payoff but this felt like a severe case of ASM2 syndrome. I want to like this movie, but it needed focus