So I was watching Jiro Dreams of Sushi the other night...

So I was watching Jiro Dreams of Sushi the other night, and something wasn't quite sitting right with me while watching it. There was this very fake feeling, it wasn't quite passing the smell test. Then Jiro said something that was incredibly sexist and shit hit the fan for me.

Jiro serves women smaller pieces of sushi because he claims they east less and slower and can't finish the pieces at the same time as men. That is literally one of the most sexist things I have ever heard!

It didn't top there though. I did some digging and found that in Japan Jiro isn't even really considered to be one of the Top 25 sushi chefs in Tokyo, yet alone the country of Japan or world! Oh also he only has a 4 star rating on YELP. Tabelog which is basically the closest Japanese equivalent has him ranked 26th among Tokyo Sushi.

There is also this cat, the only dude that has eaten at every three star Michelin restaurant in the world. He was not at all impressed!

andyhayler.com/restaurant/sukiyabashi-jiro-ginza

Other disturbing things:

> In an interview with the WSJ, Yoshikazu Ono says women can't be sushi chefs because “The reason is because women menstruate. To be a professional means to have a steady taste in your food, but because of the menstrual cycle women have an imbalance in their taste, and that’s why women can’t be sushi chefs.”

We've also learned that he is incredibly sexist and xenophobic. And on top of that for your $300 meal he expects to get you out of there in less than 30 minutes! Are you Fucking kidding me hepcats!?

Other urls found in this thread:

slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2013/07/23/women_really_do_get_colder_than_men_so_stop_rolling_your_eyes_when_we_ask.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

wtf is a 'hepcat'?

>>>/reddit/

It's 40's slang that Ive been bringing back. It was used by folks that were into Jazz before other musical genres started to pick it up. It just means kind of you are a cool dude that's wanting to be in the know.

don't forget the war crimes he committed during ww2

>A Japanese man looks down on women and gaijin

MUH FISH

Nightmares of ass rape

Just so you know, this has now been reported to several leading Japanese and U.S. Feminist, LGBTQ, and other equal rights organizations.

Thank you for keeping me informed.

unwatchable

You're welcome jazzman. Dig it.

is everyone in japan autistic

>le japanese grandmaster of 100 years training
Just pretend I would have posted a fedora pic.

Why are japs so gross?

>> In an interview with the WSJ, Yoshikazu Ono says women can't be sushi chefs because “The reason is because women menstruate. To be a professional means to have a steady taste in your food, but because of the menstrual cycle women have an imbalance in their taste, and that’s why women can’t be sushi chefs.”
Pro cook here. It's true. During "these days" my female sous-chef either took off or only did administrative work, said her taste changes.

>We've also learned that he is incredibly sexist and xenophobic
Good morning! Welcome to Japan as it is

I know this is bait but you really need to kill yourself my man

original bait friend, you know what you are doing

is this a jammin' new meme?

Cool reddit spacing.Also the real reason women can't be sushi chefs is in general women have higher body heat aand you need cool hands for making sushi.

Stop talking out of your ass and show tits or gtfo.

>it take 5 year just to learn to make rice!
>100 year after and i still not mastered sushi
Its just fish on fucking rice and theyre so pretentious

>but because of the menstrual cycle women have an imbalance in their taste
Is this true?

If it is then that's why women cook very different each year.

Not even remotely true MotherFucker! You Fucking chauvinistic asshole.

Here comes some Fucking Science MotherFucker.

slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2013/07/23/women_really_do_get_colder_than_men_so_stop_rolling_your_eyes_when_we_ask.html

>Their hands, however, were consistently colder. A lot colder. While men registered an average hand temperature of 90 °F, the mean hand temperature for women was just 87.2 °F.

So how about that shit? You have anything snarky to Fucking say now? Any questions comments concerns from your abyss of ignorance? Get squirted on!

>Get squirted on!
sit on my face first

>1. Objectively Jiro would be hard pressed to pull one star on a good day, three stars is a nothing more than a function of duped foreigners who are in awe of the bull, hype and media image and simply do not understand and/ or cannot judge Japanese food. Jiro's sushi is all about speed, sushi slapped out by his whole team, while the true top Sushi ya Masters do it themselves and always put quality over churning customers. The fish and the rice are just above average. 2. Jiro is a greedy old sushi merchant who gets away with churning the customers through multiple sittings like an industrial cafe while charging 3 star prices. 3. Jiro is a despicable nationalist in addition to be an arrogant bitter old man who is well known for insulting not only non-Japanese but Japanese people as well, if they ask for shoyu or anything that he does not like. Your 16/20 is in the right direction compared to the hype but already too generous, 13/20 would be much more on mark. The comments from a number of well meaning souls on this blog either defending his sushi or his despicable behaviour is nothing more than a function of poor foreigners who either awe struck or really have no knowledge or ability to correctly judge Japanese cuisine, mentality or morality.

You're trying a bit too hard, user.

Im confused user. Where did the film claim he was the greatest shushi maker? Where did it claim he wasnt racist or xenophobic or sexist? It shows these things because the movie was about jiro. Not about the greatest sushi maker but about a man and his lifes work making sushi.
If your problem with the movie is that is showed him for the man he was then I think your priorities are wrong. If you dislike the movie for showing him at all, then how do you justify your post when you do the same thing? What exactly is your issue with the film?

Are there any health problems caused by staring at this pic too long?

Probably not.

I wish I had saved that post screenshot by user about how women always resort to attack things by measuring them against society.

You're so young it disgusts me.

Youth disgusts you?

Is that from the Live action Moana movie?

fuck that uppity old chink

MUH FISH
MUH RICE

Yeah, sure kid.

>doesn't spend time with his wife or properly raise his children because he was thinking about making sushi
Work ethic is admirable but this is harmful autism
Fuck jiro and fuck sushi people

Impressive analytics user, I agree. Very astute.
Bitching on Sup Forums wont make daddy love you user. He worked his ass off for you and the least you could do is not be a little bitch all the time.

If dad loved me he would have taken me places and spent time with me.

Every bit of food he provided for you was time spent for you. The schools you went to and home you lived in where places he took you on his dime. Your lack of appreciation for your father is the only lack of love in your relationship.

>wont make your daddy love you
Jesus fucking Christ man get some better arguments.
>wow you must be fun at parties
>wow you must have a lot of friends
>wow dude you must get laid all of the time
Bottom of the barrel banter. Don't @ me or anyone until you come up with original banter. Worthless vapid cunt.

Im under the impression I wasnt talking to you, but if I hit a nerve, im sorry. Didnt mean to upset you.

Go away sjw.

Code?

Like any intelligent, forward thinking citizens of the 21st century, my wife and I are feminists. And like any feminists we were shocked and disgusted by this movie.

Both the main character (Jiro) AND the narrator are male! If alarms aren't going off in your head so far you're probably a bigot. Things became more and more repulsive as the movie played on. All of the supporting characters are male! And even worse, almost every single character in the movie is male!

I don't care if this is a documentary. My wife left the room in tears at the end of the first hour during a particularly sickening scene where Jiro serves a room full of customers. He says (not an exact quote) "I made the meals smaller for the women and larger for the men so that everyone would finish at the same time." Things like this would be expected in a film about Adolf Hitler or Winston Churchill (both disgusting sexist pigs)but in a movie about food it was just chilling. And that wasn't even the worst part! The women in the room appeared (probably special effects or movie magic of some type) TO APPROVE OF THIS. Can you believe that?

My wife won't talk about it and I'm not sure I could if I wanted to. I finished the movie with tears in my bloodshot eyes. I can't believe we've advanced so far as a society and women are still seen as being gutter scum.

Anyone forward thinking enough to simply be on the internet, to find this movie, to read this review, will be disgusted by the brutally sexist assault on your senses and common decency this movie has gotten away with.

There is with this one though.
Stare at it for 15 minutes and you'll be colorblind for potentially months.
Pretty neat.

Not on your life.
Imma try it. If it doesnt work ill find where u live and call you a liar to your face.

Remember to alternate.
Every few seconds for 15 minutes.
It should be noted that the effect is related to the pattern so it will only be noticeable when you view patterns with similar spacing and thickness.

i actually enjoyed it