Am I the only one who un-ironically likes the Punisher?

Am I the only one who un-ironically likes the Punisher?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicvine.gamespot.com/the-punisher/4050-3855/object-appearances/4005-22264/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

Pls respond

Yes, you are the only person on the entire planet that likes Frank.

That is because we are all Franks.
Frank be with you.

What the Frank did you just Franking Frank about me, you little Frank?

He's pretty popular on Sup Forums.

Don't worry user as long as you don't like John constantine your probably mentally stable enough

but i like John

What do you mean un-ironically like?

I find him to be an immensely entertaining character, but I wouldn't want to have go to lunch with him or anything

I think tileanon is only one that gets off to tiles.

>but I wouldn't want to have go to lunch with him or anything
Why not user? It's not like he's going to kill

(1/2)

you or anything. Unless you're a gangster but considering you browse Sup Forums I doubt it.

Was Warzone his best story?

I miss bearded Frank.

He'd probably just wanna talk about how he's gonna kill a bunch of criminals. Or how the system's corrupt. Or guns. He doesn't seem like he could have a fun discussion about like, if you had to almost drown in any kind of liquid, what would you want to almost drown in?

I'd want to almost drown in chicken soup

Have you

Never read

Franks

Punisher: MAX ?

Spoiler alert. It's great.

Who doesn't like him? Frank's just a lovable rascal in a world full of hi-jinks and whimsy.

Got Slavers coming in the mail this week.

What is the strangest story Punisher has had?

the one with eminem

Some few months ago I saw a documentary on the BBC about how prostitution-slave rings are still a thing in a lot of places around the world, including the states mind you, was surprised on how much Ennis was spot on with his work (we all know punisher max is the definitive punisher run btw)

But all in all, it's very depressing all things considered.

I wonder what would Frank do if he was thrust into a world of Utopian unity and peace, a future society with no wars to fight, no crimes to solve, a unified , peaceful people?

Or, simpler, what if someone just thrust him into a empty, forrested world, with nothing but luscious greens, trees, and crystal blue lakes, and animals running around?

Would he snap?
Would he kill himself without being able to wage War?

In the first case? I don't know. In the latter he'd just hunt big game for the rest of his life.

It's pretty much a fact that once the war is over, there's still one bullet left in the barrel.

The former is basically impossible

The latter he'd probably just fart around in nature and try to find a way back home

The only one I can think of right now is the Luke Cage team-up.

Holy shit if you like Punisher stories then that issue is going to be like a masturbatory god send.

Raccoons are natures thieves. They'd have to go.

He got turned into a black man once...

Well I've liked the previous issues so far.

Purgatory/Revelation, Franken-Castle, and about 1/3 of the Marvel Knights run (Taxi Wars, the midget mafia, Squid, Hidden, etc.)

And that's only the modern age. Plenty of earlier ones that involved things like temporarily turning black or using powered armor to fight urban white trash PCP freaks.

And then you get AUs like

Are these all the people Castle has FRANKED in his life time? Why no any big names?

And can anybody name some?

Growing up other nerds would berate me

"The Punisher isn't a super hero, he has no powers" they said

"The Punisher isn't even a good guy, he kills people" they said

"The Punisher is just angry asshole, that's why you like him because you are" they said

Well fuck you all, capefags are the worst

>Why no any big names?
Because comic writers re use the same characters over and over again and comic readers only want to read about the same characters over and over again. The reason Punisher doesn't kill high profile villains is strictly because of the plot, the same reason Batman can't kill the Joker. It's simple

He killed Stilt Man and a couple other capefags in Civil War, don't remember who

Top row, second from the right. Looks hot.

The punisher is shit, and you should feel bad for liking him Matt

Any villains Frank actually manages to kill outside of his own rogues gallery rarely stay dead. Anyway, there's:

Stilt-Man
Persuader
Goldbug
Jester II
Vulture IV
Power Broker
Shadow Knight
One of the Raiders

comicvine.gamespot.com/the-punisher/4050-3855/object-appearances/4005-22264/

Where's Baraccuda?

>Barracuda in 616

That's a really bad idea, that's an universe way too PG for a turd like cuda

Frank just seems like he wouldn't be a very fun guy to hang around. He doesn't really smile or have fun very often, so I can't imagine a conversation with him about movies or tv shows or even sports would be anything short of one-sided at best. I seriously doubt he keeps up with any of that.

I decided to make two, one for 616 and one for MAX, because having them together would have been made for a fucking enormous chart.

It'll be done soon enough.

The thing I like most about Frank is that he keeps it REAL. He's not out to prove a moral lesson like Bats or Superman. He's just a simple guy that just cares more about saving peoples lives than all of that philosophical bullshit.

Oh, I missed the (616) in the file name, that explains a lot.

Noir has been his only decent non-MAX appearance.

You mean cares more about killing people

His kill count in 2011 was 48, 502 so who knows what it is now...

I remember reading that number but wasn't that across continuities?

Oh, and here's the guide I slapped together for my autism chart. My proofreading job was probably shitty.

I should probably combine them into one image.

That's all subjective :^)

He cares about saving innocent people by killing evil people
Capes care about saving all people, even the ones who are going to continue to kill innocent people

He sounds more sane to me

How's Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe? Is it any good?

>we are all Franks.
So nobody on Earth like Frank?

For what it's worth, this isn't meant to be a knock on Frank or his comics, he's just the sort of character where it's hard to imagine telling a story besides a Punisher story with him. It's a mission that's consumed his life. That doesn't make him a bad character, but even if you were down with all the killing he does and completely supported his methods I can't imagine he would spend much time hanging out with you unless you were part of his crusade and could contribute to the war effort in some way.

Like, picture dragging Frank out to see a movie. Can you imagine him actually wanting to discuss the movie afterwards? Even if he didn't hate it, does Frank seem like the kind of guy who would spent time trying to articulate why he liked or disliked a film? Trying to be friends with Frank seems like it wouldn't be much fun, is all I'm getting at.

Marvel's Batman, except where Batman never kills for the greater good Frank never stops killing because he's an asshole.

>Batman never kills for the greater good
And how many lives would have been spared if he did?
>Frank never stops killing because he's an asshole
They had it coming. All of them.

>the greater good
>people being slaughtered by a clown is for the benefit of society

you're a juggalo aren't you

A man in a bat-costume or a guy in a black wifebeater does not decide who gets to live or die. They are not qualified.

If you want to blame anyone, blame the legal system.

>Batman never kills for the greater good

Except when it's in movies.

It has a few good arcs, but let's not pretend they're all great.

>A man in a bat-costume or a guy in a black wifebeater does not decide who gets to live or die. They are not qualified.

Says who? The entire point of all super heroes, killers and non killers, is that they act outside of the law to protect people where the system can;t

All those are solid points, though.

Doesn't keep it from being a good read.

Even Eddie Brock after he conformed?

That's why there's only one Dredd.

You made that up, they're meant to protect people.

Why would it ever be their responsibility to kill? Does the legal system get a boner from Batman taking their responsibility onto himself?

I dunno there's a lot of human Frank moments where he intentionally gets himself in trouble saving someone. Hasn't he gotten himself arrested by taking someone to the hospital before.

I too find Frank entertaining just as I find many characters entertaining.
But I dislike when a writer masturbates over them as a substitute for actually being a good writer, just like I do any other character.

Unfortunately this happens to Frank a lot.

Killing people can protect people. Morality is a social construct and is subjective, no two people have the same morality.

>ctrl+f born
>no responses
For shame

IT'S NOT THEIR FUCKING JOB

IF GOTHAM WANTS THE JOKER DEAD, THEY KILL HIM

Gothams so corrupt though, that it's hard to read what the people actually want. I mean how many heads of Arkham turned out to be nut jobs now 3, 4? Isn't there an elite secret society manipulating the system. How long did it take Gordon to straighten out the GCPD again?

That should make it even easier. And the only solution still isn't "Bats breaks his neck"

Do you forget that even though Batman draws the line at killing, he is still a criminal? He runs around beating the living shit out of people, criminals or not, that is against the law

If Gotham wanted their criminals brutalized, the cops would do it right?!?! No, that's not how it works either

"THERE'S ANOTHER WAY, FRANK."

If he didn't beat people up then nobody would buy his boring comics and the entire universe would cease to exist.

Well technically with the Punisher, he's not taking out super villains with plot armor every issue. If he did though, it's a 5050 "ominous death with a *might be* resurrected"

I always liked the bits with Joan in Welcome Back Frank. She had a really well-written dynamic with Frank and while I'm glad she got to come back for a bit when Frank was in Vermont I wish she had stuck around as a more permanent part of the cast in The Punisher's comics.

Then again, it's probably a blessing in disguise that she retreated New York to a cottage in Vermont, since if she stuck around in the comics as part of Frank's supporting cast it would only be a matter of time before a writer would decide to have her rapemurdered for cheap drama

Pretty much every gun in that pic is from 40k or Halo.

He doesn't try to pretend to be a better person unlike some other edgefags

What an adorably naive thing to say. ^^

A spandex, a wifebeater... none of that matters. The one and only thing that has *ever* decided anything, is power. Morals and ethics have nothing to do with that process. In fact, morals and ethics themselves are merely the byproduct of a society that seeks to maximize its own productivity in the long term.

Law isn't good or bad either, it's just a system that's designed to keep the society in as much of a working order as possible.

So when a police puts the shit on you when you did not deserve it, the only reason they do that is not a moral high ground, it's because he can, because the law, and the support of the society gives him the power. When a bully bullies you, it's because he has the power. When a criminal mugs you or hurts you, it's because he has the power. None of the bad stuff that happens to you depends on morals, it's all about power.

That's the underlying idea with superheroes that I like, with the Punisher especially. They interrupt the power balance. Whether they admit it or not, they ARE above the law, they are their own power, unconstrained, uncontrolled, and they abuse their power to fix what they law can't, or won't.

It's a shame that all of his best villains are from MAX
>Cavella
>Finn Cooley
>Rawlins
>The Slavers
>Baracudda
>The Man of Stone
>The Governent stooges

If you csn ignore Frank being covered in plot armor it's fine(Which anyone eho isn't autistic enough to give a shit about should have). The ending is what sells it.

Eddie was dying of cancer at some point, I guess that counts as a mercy kill.

>Finn Cooley
I AIN'T NOBODY'S NIGGER!

This is Ennis, right? Because I've read a TPB of Aaron's Punisher Max and it was shit.

made me laugh, gonna read this from now on

Ennis' is GOAT Punisher stuff though.

Hi, Matt.

I like him, I dig what Ennis did, but it gets old when all discussion begins there and ends with people making metal gear jokes. There's almost zero love for Dixon, Grant, etc.

What the frank did you just franking say about me, you little frank? I’ll have you frank I franked top of my frank in the Navy Franks, and I’ve been involved in numerous frank franks on Al-Franka, and I have over 300 confirmed franks. I am franked in frank warfrank and I’m the top frank in the entire US franked franks. You are nothing to me but just another frank. I will frank you the frank out with frank the franks of which has never been franked before on this Frank, mark my franking franks. You frank you can frank away with franking that frank to me over the Franknet? Think again, franker. As we frank I am franking my secret frank of franks across the FRANK and your frank is being franked right now so you better frank for the frank, frank. The frank that franks out the frank little frank you call your frank. You’re franking frank, frank. I can be anyfrank, anyfrank, and I can frank you in over frank hundred franks, and that’s just with my frank franks. Not only am I frankly franked in unfranked frank, but I have access to the entire frank of the Franked Franks Frank Franks and I will frank it to its full frank to frank your frank frank off the frank of the frank, you little frank. If only you could have franked what unfrank frank your little “frank” frank was about to frank down upon you, maybe you would have held your franking frank. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re franking the frank, you frankdamn frank. I will frank frank all over you and you will frank in it. You’re franking frank, franko.

>There's almost zero love for Dixon, Grant, etc.

Yeah the 80's stuff is my favorite. It's just solid action/revenge stuff.

have you been to /K/.

it's the one comic they always allow.