People defend Lord of the Rings when it fails at basic filmmaking

>people defend Lord of the Rings when it fails at basic filmmaking
The editing and pacing after Fellowship is nonexistant. Its bloated just like its battle scenes. There's no tone progression no direction that isn't repeatedly lackluster. To top it all off Frodo sucks, as does his direction. The monotony of going back and forth and back and forth between storylines is fucking gay. The Two Towers and Return of the King needed 45 min cut each.

good post

Bump

>buzzwords buzzwords buzzwords

Plus why didn't they just ride the eagels to mordor?

babbys first Sup Forums post

You can say whatever the fuck you want OP, I don't care. There hasn't been anything like these movies since they came out. Seriously, nothing. They stand alone in their unique style, imagery, set, and music.

I mean for sake think about what movies have been released in the past 10 years. It's all been cap shit, and now star wars lost it's original feel and smells/feels like cape shit.

I'm not saying LotRs is great, but it sure doesn't deserve the buzzword rant you just gave it.

why didn't the eagles just hack into mordor?

because the flight plan the eagles listed with the agency didn't include frodo.

And do you have any idea how high the mordor flight tax was? It was at it's very peak during the events of the One Ring.

Lotrfags with no arguments. Lord of the rings is babbys first mobie. Ironic

Go back. It does it has shit editing and direction and pacing. Jacksons only direction technique is slomo

The rewards from the Nazgul fell beat frequent flyers must have been staggering.

>Jacksons only direction technique is slomo
Jesus Christ, are you some 16 year old sperge? Not every fucking movie needs to be a chase. Grow the fuck up. Slow is comfy as fuck.

What are you trying to do OP?
Tlotr have some flaws, but you act like you hate it because of them. There hasn't been a better trilogy in movies since then, and there will never be.
Can you name a better movie in the same genre, or are you just fishing for (you)s?
That's what I thought.

Have you ever read LOTR books? It's 10 times less coherent. Jackson made watchable films from unreadable books.

pro tip: anyone who will defend the books is either have never read them or is an edgelord with terminal autism

cuz frodo isnt supposed to be the "hero", it's Sam and Aragorn. Also LOTR used real sets and props, everything now (including Hobbit) is CGI and looks too fake

mordor was a no-fly zone and they wouldve been shot down faster than Area 51 shoots down planes

th e based scholar user btfos Sup Forums

>Jackson made watchable films from unreadable books
No he didn't, since the films are just as boring and uninteresting as the books.

Fuck Tolkien for homogenizing Western fantasy.

Are you sixteen? I didn't say slow I said slow motion..whenever something EBIC happens jackson literally slows down the time. Its his only directing technique.

They're definitely much better than the average Hollywood blockbuster, but OP is right that they are flawed. However, OP is wrong that cutting would help them. Actually, even the director's cuts aren't long enough. The full trilogy should be about 15 hours long to really do it justice.
Huh? The LOTR books are perfectly readable. You probably just struggle with reading.
You're blaming Tolkien for the fact that people after him imitated his stuff?

it doesnt need good editing when every scene is a short film on its own

Why didn't Galadriel just riverdance to mt doom with the ring though?

Why do people bother posting such blatantly incorrect things

Stay mad faggot, that's are no arguments, that's are your fucking opinions who nobody fucking cares, best trilogy in history

>they aren't long enough
>15 hours
Senpai they need to be 2 and a half hours max. Or it falls apart.

simply fucking ebin my dude
upboated!

Holy shit its true lotrfags are redditor brainlets.