DC Rebirth Thread

Even longer preview was just released..

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/29412-new-second-dc-universe-rebirth-1-preview-with-major-spoilers.html
usatoday.com/story/life/2016/05/23/exclusive-geoff-johns-dc-universe-rebirth/84767346/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Source:
newsarama.com/29412-new-second-dc-universe-rebirth-1-preview-with-major-spoilers.html

Original sauce for the final lettered preview: usatoday.com/story/life/2016/05/23/exclusive-geoff-johns-dc-universe-rebirth/84767346/

MA BOIS

that is pg1 btw

Previous lettered preview.

The page on the far left will be page 1.

dope

>all that exposition and wall of text

who the hell wrote this mess

This is a new page

Is/was Dan Garret around?

Suposse he could have been on the JSA given Dr Fate's knowledge of the Scarab.

>mr. oz
Please for love of fuck johns, don't let this guy be ozymandis.

wtf are you doing, I already posted that lol

and this page is part of the preview but obviously out of order

So this is DC giving everyone what they want again after New52?

fyi, op here. Posted all pages except and

USA Today has the higher-resolution pages.

You know it likely is.
Especially with the talk about a "long game"

oh ok, my bad then.

Cringy pandering

>Ted's face when MAGIC

>it never ends
> the long game
Oh, boy.

No. They still refuse to recripple Babs.

But apart from that, things looks good.

muh soggy knees

Yeah, well, that would imply Johns to have understood Watchmen, and I think we haven't see anything to prove that.

DC Monkey's Paw in full effect.

I'm getting just what I wanted, but in the dumbest way.

Posting the full USA Today article anyway.

>SPOILERS: The following contains important plot points from DC Universe: Rebirth.

>Geoff Johns is interjecting heart and humanity back into the lives and adventures of DC Comics' iconic superheroes.

>DC begins a new Rebirth initiative next month that refocuses the likes of Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and other characters, emphasizes what makes them special and creates a more cohesive universe. And Johns, the writer of such high-profile books as Justice League, The Flash and Green Lantern, sets the stage for what’s to come in DC Universe: Rebirth, out Wednesday and featuring all-star artists such as Gary Frank, Ethan Van Sciver, Phil Jimenez and Ivan Reis.

>The 80-page special showcases well-known A-listers, heroes tied by moniker and legacy such as the Atom and Blue Beetle, and one character in particular from Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons’ iconic 1980s Watchmen series being brought into the main DC Universe for the first time in very significant fashion.

>Johns’ own journey to reconnect mirrors that of Wally West, a young speedster in his old Kid Flash togs, as he tries to return to his home in the Rebirth special and warn his friends that something's gone cosmically awry. “He has perspective that a lot of readers might have: He knows everything and he’s trying to get back to it,” says Johns.

>The time-altering 2011 event series Flashpoint gave way to “The New 52” relaunch of DC’s line, putting new spins on classic heroes, but Wally's learned that a dark force has “infected” them and caused these icons to not remember a whole decade of their lives.

>The culprit: Doctor Manhattan, the atomically powered, almost god-like figure in Watchmen who’s more an antagonist than villain in Rebirth, Johns says. “If you’re going to have a conflict between optimism and pessimism, you need to have someone who represents a cynical view of life and also has the ability to affect this. I know it’s crazy but he felt like the right character to use.”

>How Watchmen is involved in the DC Universe is a mystery that will unfold in the background over the course of a couple years, but Rebirth in the meantime will focus on various players in its series.

>Wally will be at the forefront as a cornerstone of a new Titans series, as will his mentor Barry Allen, the Flash, with his own relaunched book. A particularly poignant moment comes for these friends in the Rebirth special that was emotional for Johns to write. “Honestly, when I one day go from this plane to the next,” he says, “I hope I face it like Wally West faced his death.”

>Other characters also face challenges in Johns' special. Something’s happened to the current Superman yet another Man of Steel — the one who was killed years ago by Doomsday and has a son with wife Lois Lane — has to find his place in this world. And Green Arrow and Black Canary, partners and lovers in another time, both feel a longing for something more.

>“It’s not just stories or history that was taken — it was moments where these characters connected in my mind,” Johns says. “Love was lost, and the ongoing mission of Rebirth is have that love return and have the characters connect again. And they’re going to have to in the face of greater threats.”

I'd guess he's a de-aged Nu52 Wizard Shazam, with a new name as the old Wizard's back, so he doesn't really know who he is.

Or an OC like Pandora

But that just might be wishful thinking on my part. The Watchmen stuff is the only thing I dislike so far. They easily could have used Superboy Prime, or the Empty Hand if they still wanted to go meta

This is embarrassing. Stop swallowing this PR bullshit.

No, Jade isn't back, Hank isn't ruler of a planet with an army of Manhunters, MM isn't on the league, and Billy isn't Captain Marvel. Oh and tim is still alive.
I'm upset.

I don't think john is actaully taking a swipe at going to meta, you know.

Everything in this is basically out in the open to what it represents. The only meta thing up to now is the "Comedian's pin" but that isn't really meta for us only to the characters themselves.

Everybody knows watchmen.

I bet it's Johns working with Snyder which massively influenced rebirth and the direction John wants DC to go into once he realised what a monster he's created with Snyder.

Well obviously you need to buy the new issues to see these things happen again

> MM isn't on the league
They can easily fold that into the current 10 years missing story and finally explain what the fuck happend between John and the rest of the league.

'Cause that one splash fight page and some casual remarks say jack shit.

Wich snyder are we talking about here?
And monster in what way?

RAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN
Thank you based Johns.

The first four lettered preview pages released by USA Today come between the first page with Earth on the top-left and the page where it says "new heroes". After that is the page with Mr. Oz. The final new preview page from USA today (also chronologically) is . Pic related is a portion of what comes after.
(Newsarama fixed their DC Universe Rebirth lettered preview page.)

zACK

Reminder Johns was supposed to give us Ryan in Justice League #7

You know this won't satisfy "not muh" Wallyfags. Now they'll bitch about him not having wife and children and other sorts of bullshit.

Idk, but Mr Oz was in Johns new 52 Superman run. I was wondering if he was ever gonna show up again.

Zack Snyder who loves watchmen and thinks all comics should be edgy and full of murder and deaths. Geoff Johns was the DC go to guy for Snyder and I'm pretty sure he's been arguing with Zack Snyder about comics for a long time. He saw what BvS was going to turn into and planned rebirth to bring DC comics back into optimism after realising what the watchmen movies and comics did to influence the entire industry.

Kinda gay iMO

yeah, my bad, Newsarama had the preview all out of order. I tried to fix some of it when I posted it here.

How long till we get Atom and JSA books? Are we just gonna assume steve orlando is writing all of them?

So we have Batman and Detective Comics twice monthly.
And also All Star Batman once a month.
That's a lot of Batman

>hey steve, what are you doing?
>i don't know, writing nightwing
>You still have some free time to enjoy?
>Yeah, why
>WELL START WRITING CUNT WE HAVE NEED

They'll draw the line at $2.99

Then they'll add an Atom backup, to say, Justice League and raise the price to $3.99 because of the extra content.

Then 10 issues later the backup will end and the comic will return to its original size but keep the higher price.

Oh shit, that doesn't look like Khalid

Nope, khalid is basically being hard retconned.

Detective comics is about the batfamily not really Batman

I think it's E2 Dr.Fate.

Khalid was a mistake

I think he will end up giving the Helm back to Kent.

Kent Nelson

Let's be fair and say it's 75% Batman and 25% everyone else.
People don't buy Detective Comics to see Babs.

>Beetle duo
Oh boy, this is going to be good.

Yeah but they said they will use it to showcase other characters whil attracting people with the Batman name

So what the hell is going on with Superman now?

We're being told that Nu52 is just the old uinverse with a severe case of amnesia which means superbro is post-crisis Superman.
But post-crisis Superman also exists in the same universe hanging out with his post-crisis Lois Lane. So who the fuck is superbro? and why are there two Loises?

It's just a containment title for timfags and other waifufags.

I still think the writers misunderstanding watchmen message works better with somebody from from outside both universes

Fuck where is the husbando user he needs to see this.

Nabu being the asshole that he is probably decided to ditch Khalid and go back to making Kent's life miserable.
E2 fate is all Star spangled and has a fancy helmet. This is probably Kent Nelson, he was recently brought back in Khalid's series.

Okay, as a non fanatic comic reader, tell me, those of you who buy lots of comics and watch sales.

Is new 52 going bad? Is rebirth some sort of panic button to save/fix stuff because fans aren't that happy over new 52?

It feels wierd seeing a character who can auctualy pay there alimony usualy it's people getting driven broke by greedy wives.

A nice change of pace

>We're being told that Nu52 is just the old uinverse with a severe case of amnesia
Nah, it's that the old universe was fucked with and manipulated for 10 years (Nu52) and then restored partially, with no one remembering the 10 years where they were fucked around with by Dr. Manhattan

New 52 went bad and fucked the original audience, but they got new audience slowly. DCYou went to hell, even though it made some amazing comics.

Who knows he must be fapping.

As with everything there was a lot of good books and a lot of bad books. The problem is that long-time readers got burned and left, meaning no-one bought the books regardless of quality

Please, I implore you, stop discussing this soulless commercial nonsense.

Jesus fuck i was never a fan of blue beetle but has it ever been magic before because this seems retarded.

I love magic it's my favorite part of dc I should be behind more magic content but I just don't like this

Pretty sure Rebirth is Geoff Johns finally getting the seniority to fix the massive issues New 52 had when it was prematurely launched and after fixing everything, he is now moving into movies to fix the trainwreck that is DCU.

I must say that I like this hot nerdy Ryan.

Or is he a teen? Can't really make out from the art.

I wonder if Constantine fucking over Nabu will ever become reality.

As far as sale figures go it's not that bad really. Definitely not as bad as they were in the late 2000's. Though Marvel and Image as attracting more new readers and are slowly increasing their market share.
It's just that DC has a history of rebooting and then regretting their decision.

>Pandora
Global rule 15 breaking puke related reaction image.jpg

Geoff The Fixer
>I CAN FIX IT

Still doesn't explain the why there are Two Supermen.

There are actually four now

He's writing Supergirl, not Nightwing.

Why does aquaman always get such good romance plots they were the only thing in the valentines day special that was even approaching good.

?

You're right how dare we talk about comics on Sup Forums? Shame on us.

Yeah, sorry fucked up there.

Wait dident mera switch costumes

Technically Lois & Clark Superman is Superman from 10 years in the future

Jesus Johns who was manipulated by Moore and now is free to make more awful decisions and do drugs with Morrison because totally everything is hyper crisis.

Except for a few things dc won't budge on yes.

But they are going about it in a retarded way like all there retcons and reboots

The comics aren't out yet. You are discussing advertisements.

>Johns
>giving flying fuck

New-Superman, and then that other "Solarman (he was never named, it's just the nickname some have given him)." The latter is probably gonna die soon, though, and have those powers transferred over to Lois so she can become Superwoman.

By solicits it seems it will be adressed in the Superman books.

Most common theory right now is Nu52 Supes is pre Flashpoint Superboy 'repourpesed' by Dr Manhattan.

True