Do you think it was balanced well? It probably had more superpowered people than any other comic book movie...

Do you think it was balanced well? It probably had more superpowered people than any other comic book movie, and there were a lot of worries that it would be a clusterfuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=I2OZrlQ5c0I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes, though some roles (Like Ant-Man & Spider-Man, and to a lesser extent, Hawkeye) are clearly just there for the sake of being there.

Yeah.

AoU is a clusterfuck. Civil War had just the right amount of screentime for everybody with some extraneous characters

The focus was heavily on Cap and Iron Man. Everyone else had just enough screentime to lend what little they needed to.

It had the right amount of screen time for everybody, but it made no sense why vision didnt just come in and fuck everybody up instantly
like I might be putting him a bit too high on a pedestal but i'm pretty sure he could take down team cap single handedly

No. The airport fight was cringeworthy and the way Spider-Man was introduced felt forced.

Welcome to comics.

For the most part, yes. Spidey was obviously shoe-horned in and really served no purpose in the plot, but overall I'd say they did fairly well. I was surprised by how much it really did remain a Cap movie and how well Black Panther fit in with no prior introduction.

Why was Black Panther even there? He just crept around and scratched shit.

Spider-Man kinda wasn't that great.

The movie has problems, but characters balance isn't one of them

He was conflicted about the conflict. He doesn't want to be feared or seen as a monster.

Shit reviewer gives shit review for Civil War. Let's judge him boys:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=I2OZrlQ5c0I [Open]
At 1:48

>more superpowered people than any comic book movie
nah x-men last stand had wolverine, jean, magneto, professor x, juggernaut, mystique, multple man, colossus, storm, cyclops, angel, rogue, kitty, iceman, beast, pyro, callisto, arclight, leech, hugs-of-death-guy, big-little-guy, spine-thrower-guy, and others im forgetting.

Why are youtube "reviewers" called "reviewers" in the first place? Why not just film critic?

For the same reason that a realistic fight between Batman and Superman would go: It would last two seconds and you wouldn't have a movie.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense.

Although Civil War was much better than the last stand.

Yes.
My only complaint is that in the airport fight they should have put Vision fighting reluctantly against Wanda.

because that would mean we take them seriously

Oh, that would have been amazing.

>why vision didnt just come in and fuck everybody up instantly
We already saw Wanda deal with him tho.
In fact Wanda, Steve and Scott were multi-tasking all over the place.
I get why people want to see to believe, but I think after awhile too many cuts to them just slightly interfering would have gotten monotonous.

He wasn't trying to kill anyone though and was clearly holding up back while mostly being defensive.

If Ultron were to have that body though, then it might have been a different story in AOU.

>Why was Black Panther even there? He just crept around and scratched shit.
He literally served as the hidden counterpoint and parallel to Zemo's goals/motivations.

By your logic, why was Captain America even there? He just Bucky'd around and shielded shit.

My only problem with screentime is Sharon not getting enough.

The Artificial Super Intelligence with an Infinity Stone and with a near indestructible body/form that saved everyone from Ultron didn't do anything worthwhile in this movie.

At the airport fight, he was only a plot device to severely injure a black man. Apparently artificial super intelligence + mind stone = stupidity and uselessness.

That doesn't really apply to Spidey though. He had to be introduced in Civil War for his relationship with Tony to be established.

He was distracted by thoughts of his waifu.

Seriously when Steve kissed Sharon and said it was overdue I was confused as fuck. So far their relationship has only been as occasional allies apart from a single encounter where he fails to bring her into his apartment. I actually really felt like the movie was missing a lot of scenes to help move the story along more naturally. The Russos tendency to cut down and tighten production actually hindered this movie, I felt. It felt like a lot of scenes were being rushed through for time when there was still much more for characters to say. Like that whole encounter between Tony and Steve at the airport just made no sense and the more I watch it the more I get taken out of it when cap is trying to plead and talk to Tony and instead of waiting 5 minutes and talking he's like "fuck this is ran out of patience", after a 40 second exchange and brings out all these people to fight before there's even a threat.

Its like they have a mandate to keep it at a certain length while doing all this stuff. That also comes from having such a big universe and so many movies to make. Eacheck individual one doesn't get the focus and attention it should. Civil War was a 3 hour movie. It should have been the MCUs DKR.

While I love the Russos work and I loved the entire Capital trilogy, I am worried that I might be too much for them alone. I just hope they go all out with Infinity War because it is THE event. Not just a movie leading to something, it's the movie all others have been leading up to, here's hoping they give it the time and attention it deserves.

He needed all his processing power to bypass the captcha and make
>tfw no qt slav goth gf
threads in /r9k/

Needed more Wanda tbqh.

From what I understand, Sharon was originally supposed to cover the role Widow did

And she had a much bigger role in Cap 3 before it became CW.