Why in american films, every hotel or motel or every convenience store have an ice machine outside...

Why in american films, every hotel or motel or every convenience store have an ice machine outside? What's the point of it?

Never saw that in here.

Ice.

sign of poverty

one ice machine instead of every room having a fridge

It's for buying large bags of ice to fill up a cooler or something

Is this for real?

Well, no. Ice goes in the freezer.

>dude we need ice for all the drinks at our party this weekend
>ok let me refill this little ice cube tray we have in the freezer 400 times over the next month

you guys dont have those?

What if I need a lot of ice? Where will I get it if not at the ice machine?

>What if I need a lot of ice?
why would you need a lot of ice?

What if I have a lot of beer I need to serve to guests or I'm going to the beach?

You can buy it from supermarkets instead of dedicated machines...

That kind of need is not very common here.
People just stock their fridge the day before or put ice packs or ice cube trays in their freezer.
Some stores sell ice but it's very uncommon.

why would you go to the supermarket for ice nad have it half melted by the time you get home when it's conveniently located at every service station just down the road?

it's for ice

You put it in the fridge in advance or keep it in the basement in the first place.

CEO if Ice Co.

its not uncommon for stores to sell ice

Gas stations sell ice here, too. What does bug me about the US though is the decadence of having ice cube machines in the door of your double width megafridge. That fridge alone is going to require as much electricity as half my household.

Its for ice so you can buy ice when you go to the store HTH.

2 things we normally do with ice:
-put it in a drink for a cold drink
-put it a cooler and put the food/drinks in the cooler too to keep food/drinks cold.

>post yfw portugal can't afford ice unless you're related to the president

>Yuropoors