Why did Twin Peaks 2017 have so many product placements?

Why did Twin Peaks 2017 have so many product placements?

>Lincoln (twice)
>Jeep Wrangler Sahara
>Canon printers
>Dell computers

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F4wh_mc8hRE
youtube.com/watch?v=GiP85kdyRLo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

money

Cheez Itz got me. Went out and grabbed a pack today like a true kino connoisseur.

Lynch is just playing 4000D chess, it's all part of his master plan.

Only thing I really noticed was the zoom-in on the car logo. Screams commercial.

Also, the name of the housing development where Dougie was giving Jade the business was named after the production company whose logo opens the show. That was a weird, obvious one.

I just watched the first episode and I think the glass box scene was the second scariest thing I've ever seen (first place being from Silent Hill for the Playstation).

Clearly Lynch should have filmed Bob driving a car with no identification markers on it.

don't forget about volvo
their vehicles were featured heavily on the first two episodes and the first commercial on each break was a volvo one

is the 3 seasons of TP actually a scary show?

im a pussy and cant watch scary stuff but ive been interested in the visuals

Lynch is a hack confirmed. I suppose it's a comment on modern television shows being overly long commercials but it just seems too forced, unnecessary, and not particularly original

Yeah, it does have plenty of scary/surreal scenes but it's not that bad, I'm sure you can handle it.

Lynch is very good at making a normal camera angle feel very tense.

maybe ill try it, I can handle psych/surreal and tension but just not jumpscares or gore or the ring creepy

Haven't seen it yet but I hope fucking facebook isn't mentioned ever like in every episode of Fargo.

If Lucy is any indication with how the show has progressed, we'll start hearing about new fangled things like emails and satellite tv.

Don't forget Samsung

Disgusting. Should have censored this.

the old seasons are not scary at all. This instance in the first episode was legit kinda scary. Reminded me of that PT game

No jump scares if thats what you're afraid of

There was that bottle of Evan Williams in the "119!" girl house

thanks lads, ill watch the first 2 seasons

why do people give a fuck if there's a few product placements? As long as it's not intrusive, which it isn't then why does it matter?

Because Lynch said himself that product placement is bullshit and ruins art. Fucking hypocrite. Washed up hack

making up for lost time

Mercedes-Benz too. It's just money. Showtime didn't/couldn't fork over all the money themselves with how much of a risk this was, so they cut placement deals. The only shot I found truly excessive was the dash clock in the Lincoln, the rest of them are just there.

Are you serious, season 1 and 2 had some of the scariest moments in a tv show i've ever seen

I thought some parts were creepy and shocking, but nothing I would say scary. Like for example the glass box part in s3e1 was scarier than anything I remember in the old ones

Not a single moment has scared me yet. To be honest, I'm finding the whole thing pretty lackluster so far apart from a few scenes.

>consider that the product placement is most obvious in the Dougie scenes
>consider that Twin Peaks is not a part of the "real" world
>consider that Coop is now in the "real" world

Because, as this thread proves, it works.

Because Lynch didn't want the show to be cheap, and Showtime didn't want to fork over extra money for something risky, so product placements became a thing.

+ Mercedes shot
+ Microsoft surface in the FBI scene

youtube.com/watch?v=F4wh_mc8hRE
youtube.com/watch?v=GiP85kdyRLo

Sad. I wonder if Showtime producers shoved them in.

Realism.

>Lynch is bullshit and ruins art.
Fixed.

Settle down, J.J.

How do you know they are product placements and not just random products though.
Why would they product place direct competitors

I always saw that floor as static but this picture makes it seem like it's ascending and descending

Those dazzling special effects cost money!

Well, Blue Velvet had Pabst Blue Ribbon.

You forgot about the Microsft Surface tablet BobCoop was using after he blew out the AYYLMAO's brains

you watch twin peaks for the waifues

spoopy is just a distraction

i'm convinced half the budget went directly to Michael Cera

That's a great looking vehicle. I should go buy one.

What about that Surface Pro

I knew Windows 10 would produce zalgo