This is an American castle

Says something nice about our castle

>Château Laroche, also known as the Loveland Castle, is a museum on the banks of the Little Miami River north of Loveland, Ohio, United States. A folly of a historical European castle, construction began in the 1920s by Boy Scout troop leader, World War I veteran, and medievalist Harry D. Andrews. He built the castle on promotional plots of land that were obtained by paying for one-year subscriptions to The Cincinnati Enquirer. Andrews named his castle after a military hospital in the Chateau La Roche in southwest France where he was stationed during the First World War. Its name means "Rock Castle" in French.

>For over fifty years, Andrews worked on his castle project. He pulled stones from the nearby Little Miami River, and when that supply was exhausted, molded bricks with cement and quart milk cartons.

>When Andrews died in 1981 he willed the castle to his Boy Scout troop the Knights of the Golden Trail (KOGT). The Castle has been extensively upgraded and renovated in the years since Andrews' death and has been mostly completed by the KOGT. The East tower now houses a short video presentation on Andrews' quest to finish his dream. The walls of the upstairs chapel feature many stones brought back by Andrews in his world travels and others sent to him from foreign locations by his friends and followers. Recently completed are an expansion to the outside gardens and a greenhouse.

Other urls found in this thread:

lovelandcastle.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=4g6CniQrb2A
youtube.com/watch?v=c_Nx1ZBdb9k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

lovelandcastle.com/

good job

>Somebody thinks it would be cool if he built a castle
>Actually does it

the absolute madman

Drone vid
youtube.com/watch?v=4g6CniQrb2A

Some history of the castle.
youtube.com/watch?v=c_Nx1ZBdb9k
Ignore the MGTOW trash title.

Looks cool :3

looks like a toy castle
Would not function as a proper fortification

>looks like a toy castle
I said nice, that isn't nice.

>looks like a toy castle

Wow exactly what I was about to say.

The issue is that it looks too much like castle in cartoons and popular culture, and not enough like a real one. Square towers for example are not common.

It's a house, not a castle.
Also star forts are more aesthetic.

Pic related is one that is currently built in France, with only middle age tools.

>with only middle age tools
tbf the castle in OP took one man 50 years to build by hand starting in the 20s.

Looks nice, I like it.

>MGTOW trash title
You're either a tradcon, religious or an idiot who doesn't understand mgtow but feels free to judge it.

Thank you.

He is a progressive soyboy, like you

Castles >>> paper 1 million $ House that offers no real protection

I've been thinking about building one myself. Probably out of concrete blocks.

I need to figure out where is best to build though.

Not as cool as the French postman who made his own castle and then his own mausoleum.

OH&S must be having a field day

>
> and when that supply was exhausted, molded bricks with cement and quart milk cartons.

Holly shit he truly was king of the Boy Scouts

True Merican hero tbqh.