/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Iconic - Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2016.htm

>Out This Week:
Star Wars #19: Rebel Jail (part 4 of 4)
Obi-Wan and Anakin #5 (part 5 of 5)

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

Other urls found in this thread:

starwarscelebration.com/Events/Star-Wars-Celebration-Pin-Trading-Program/
pcgamer.com/star-wars-battlefront-2-will-release-in-2017/
eurogamer.net/articles/2016-05-18-ea-decided-against-star-wars-battlefront-campaign-to-meet-force-awakens-film-launch
cinemablend.com/games/One-Would-Play-Single-Player-Campaign-Star-Wars-Battlefront-EA-Says-78737.html
starwarsnewsnet.com/2016/05/star-wars-rebels-creator-dave-filoni-wants-ewan-mcgregor-to-voice-obi-wan.html
pastebin.com/fRajXXsq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I love me some Ironic™ heroes.

Greedo shot first

First for best waifu

Reposting in the chosen one thread

>"Jabba, you're a wonderful human being."

If Darth Vader is in the tube in this scene, does that mean in rogue one he is recovering from the battle with Ashoka?

Their fight is years before RO, though

That would be a badass nod to Rebels!

It shouldn't have taken him 2-3 years to recover from that. Rogue One is """supposed""" to be right up against the start of ANH, and as far as I understand, Rebels is still a couple years out from that.

that's just the freezer

Possible, but unlikely, because we're assuming Rogue One is at least a year or two after the fight with Ahsoka.

Would be a pleasant surprise though.

No

I wonder if they're going to hire Hayden for that

What a shame, that would of been a great reference to rebels.

What does Darth Vader keep in his freezer?

for what?

THAT'S NOT HERA

Ahsoka

Good taste, anons.

If Vader is in a bacta tank, surely he's going to be out of his suit

I literally don't understand EA Battlefront.
The whole reason of playing as Heroes is so you can Dynasty Warriors and entire motherfucking army with your lightsaber.
I don't even want to play as Han or Leia in that scenario. There's nothing about Han or Leia that makes them any more empowering to play as than any random Rebellion shmuck. If I'm playing EA's Star Wars: SmuggleFront, then I'll play as Han, if you give me EA's Star Wars ChokingAFatBastardSlugToDeathFront, then let me be Leia, but in a fucking warzone? No, there's nothing appealing about them I don't want to play as them, and I sure as hell don't wanna play as some asshole Han killed in a bar in that one scene or Lando's favorite ass-faced-monkey.
One of the criticisms leveled at the Prequels is that they looked like a video game, which is pretty handy when you're making a fucking video game. When I was 12, do you think I gave a good God damn who the fuck Aayla Secura was? No, I didn't need some sort of deep character attachment to her, all I knew and all I cared about is that she tore ass asunder bouncing around Jabba's Palace leaving behind nothing but little smoking piles of nuts, bolts and bacon.

I get what you are saying, but Han and Leia were in Battlefront 2

I have no problem with the heroes in EA Battlefront, but the fact that there were only 6 to begin with is bullshit considering the content of the past games.

It's inexcusable for a Battlefront game to have such little content. Even a fully fledged campaign wouldn't have helped because the multiplayer is so fucking bare bones and the mechanics are so simple and clunky.

I'm glad I got the game as a gift. I wouldn't even pay $20 for it.

When criticized about it, they defended on twitter that it would have been a waste if they didn't do Nien and Greedo.

This is in referral to someone pointing out that they only chose those characters because the Sullustian/Rodian models were already in the game. They just reskinned them. Wish I was joking about that...

Based on this, and DICE avoiding anything not in the OT, it looks like the only time you can "Dynasty Warriors and entire motherfucking army with your lightsaber" is with Luke/Vader. Every other Hero/Villain (excluding Sheev) is just a glorified trooper with more health and damage.

That being said, Vader IS really fun to play with.

Yeah but their hands are tied by the decision to only do the Original film stuff. Only Luke, Vader and Obi Wan ever used lightsabers. Before the prequels it was assumed the emperor and Yoda straight up didn't need them, preferring to let the force do the talking.

But then they set one of the maps on some random ass lava planet that I sure as fuck don't remember, and I think one of the desert ones is neither Tattooine or Jakku

Its a cluster fuck of a game in that regard.

Sullust, only given a brief mention in the films. Home of Nien Nunb. Was a big part of the tie-in book.

Vader's voice actor in it is awful. He doesn't sound like James Earl Jones at all.

I get that its hard to mimic such dulcet sexy tones, but its like they didn't even try.

>assumed the emperor and Yoda straight up didn't need them
Which would have been fine for Sheev. If you weren't floating around and fucking everybody's shit up with lightning alone, you were doing it wrong.

>but Han and Leia were in Battlefront 2
Let's get serious for a moment here.
Did anybody ever play as them?

I think I did maybe once or twice simply to see what they did and then went straight back to Sabres.

>Bioware put in aesthetic lightsaber modifications
>even though it's a dead game
wow. this sure would've been nice when I was still playing in 2012.

Didn't even give them gadgets and jetpacks to give them an edge over the Force-users like they gave to Boba and Jango. Or insane amounts of health like Chewie.

All wings report in.

>goin' for that pie

What lightsaber is that?

Who's in the cloak? My guess is Palpatine walking down steps(which looks like he's kneeling from the trailer's perspective).

I think Disney wants a cameo from every major player from the OT before the actors all croak and this is best opportunity for that to happen with Ian McDiarmid as Palpatine.

I did.

I kicked so much Jedi ass with them.

Han and Leia must have been somewhat useful as CPUs considering the heroes almost always won Mos Eisley Assault

I don't think Palpy would bow down to Vader though.

starwarscelebration.com/Events/Star-Wars-Celebration-Pin-Trading-Program/
FUCK I WANT THEM

I think he's just walking down tiny steps like the steps in front of the bacta tank. The trailer perspective makes it look like he's kneeling, that's what I think.

Daily reminder that Vader will cut through these rebels like butter, except for the strong womyn of course, and Krennic will get executed for losing the Death Star plans.

>except for the strong womyn of course
disregarding that, i always thought that this film would end in tragedy for the rebels aside from the plans being got
also hey fuck you for the womyn comment, people like you would shit on the Aliens films if they were made today because Ellen Ripley was in them

I am actually excited for the portrayel of vader on the big screen, from the perspective of a distinctly non-force user. I hope they really play up the boogeyman.

Hopefully vader kills all the girls in the movie. girls can't act at all. daisy was fucking terrible.

They will survive and aid Luke in his many adventures in between the OT movies

I hope Pao survives at least.

Unfortunately, user's right. We live in a day where even saying you won't see a movie with female leads, regardless of your reason, automatically gets you branded as a sexist misogynist in some sort of sick, twisted viral marketing campaign.

Wpuld ypu guys rather see slow OT " force of nature" Vader or EU "use Force Speed and slaughter dozens in minutes" Vader?

In close quarters he doesn't have to run, all he has to do is corner them and walk towards them in a normal pace. No escape, and you know he's going to kill you and there's nothing you can do about it.

Something about her face looks so gross here. She looks like a tranny that just smelled a fart but she's trying not to make a grossed out face as not to offend someone. It's weird too since normally she's pretty cute.

No user, that's just how a woman in real life looks.

The former.

>EU "use Force Speed and slaughter dozens in minutes"
He does this in canon user.

But not in the movies ever since becoming half machine, therefore it's in the extended, canon, universe only :^)

she's english. they always look ugly\weird.

This game is one of the few things in this world I can honestly say I hate.

Even now, knowing how much of an unmitigated shitheap it turned out to be, knowing that the inclusion of Nien Nub and Greedo are just souless cash grabs made with the least amount of effort possible, I'm still taken in by the visuals and attention to detail in the models and lighting.

And knowing I'll be first in line for the equally cash grabbing, souless sequel with 1/2 of the expected content instead of 1/4th makes me hate it even more. I hope I still have the self control to get a refund after its shittiness is laid bare.

Oh hey, look at that.

Reminder that they're already working on a sequel
pcgamer.com/star-wars-battlefront-2-will-release-in-2017/

And it's going to be about the shit sequel trilogy that only has one movie instead of the Prequel Era.

I'm sold

NEW WORLDS user.
NEW WORLDS.

It's just Vader you take issue with? Nearly all the heroes are terrible, but Ackbar deserves an honourary mention. It's like the only direction Tom Kane got was a slip of paper on the booth floor saying "just be yourself" meant for Temuera Morrison.

If you think Jakku, Takodana, Starkiller base and Ahch-To counts as new worlds so sure thing

Who is the best side/background character, and why is it Sidon Ithano?

i disagree with you
hey ill be first to admit that what happened to Rolfe is absolute BS. THe new Ghostbuster marketing team is insidious (and rather genius) in riding that wave of anti sexism to deflect criticism. though i will poopoo Rolfe for dismissing a film he hasen't even seen.
but Fuck Max Landis and his Mary Sue Crew, because they are just as bad

Does he take sex as payment?

He can't help but look sexy

The guy on the right looks like pic related

Think that's bad? Hold onto your butts anons, you are about to get very, very angry:

eurogamer.net/articles/2016-05-18-ea-decided-against-star-wars-battlefront-campaign-to-meet-force-awakens-film-launch
>The lack of a single-player campaign was a "conscious decision", Soderlund stated.
>"We made [the choice] due to time and being able to launch the game side-by-side with the movie that came out to get the strongest possible impact."

Literally rushed it for the money.

cinemablend.com/games/One-Would-Play-Single-Player-Campaign-Star-Wars-Battlefront-EA-Says-78737.html
>When asked if games with single player campaigns sell better than those without, Moore said, “So, there’s two phenomena with that statement. The first is that yes, you might be right. The second is that very few people actually play the single-player on these kinds of games. That’s what the data points to.”

This guy literally admits that games with a Single-Player sell better, but claims that's unimportant because "not everyone plays the single player".

>because they are just as bad
A crew is it now? max landis is a nobody. and everybody knew what a mary sue was long before landis ever mentioned it. Twilight was made in 2008 and that's the only thing everybody talked about.

So they were both lazy AND greedy. It's of no surprise considering it's EA

>rushed it for money
When are these people going to learn that's rushing games makes them bad? That's what screwed over Kotor2.

So far Ahch-to is a new world, since Kamino didn't have any above-water land mass to it.

When are you going to learn that most big name companies don't give a fuck what the customer wants and only makes games for money? Only smaller companies or indie devs look toward making the expected customer base happy.

Marketing sells games, user. Quality builds communities, but no one cares about community building since the industry realized that WoW isn't going to be dethroned any time soon.

The current generation has ruined FPS gaming...

You've had your time for a decade, prequel child.

i was refering more to him popularizing Mary Sue as a no thought critisism of Rey and TFA in general to the point of getting it trending on twitter and then him doing it again when the first trailer for Rouge One came out despite the only thing the female lead really did was fire shots in a fight scene and stand dramatically which most of the other cast did as well.
its the notion that because its a lady doing cool shit its therefore mary sueish pandering and bad

Nah, that's Scrapjaw Motito. I mean he had dialogue (kinda)

I don't know, I just found the webm in the star wars general on /vg/.

Doomguy's brown helmet triggers me.

It's not inaccurate. TFA was widely praised despite being shit, sold 2 billion because people honestly don't give a shit about great movies anymore. Movies are dumber than ever.
>its the notion that because its a lady doing cool shit its therefore mary sueish pandering and bad
Oh, please. They do pander all the time. With the internet it's easy to see what people want and since they clearly want more "uber badass" female leads, that's what they'll get. They even make those retarded reaction videos so if you're a company it's easier than ever to see what people want.

Why Dengar? Why not IG-88?

I'm still partial to assassin droids

Because making a droid model from scratch would require effort.

Too busy getting scrapped.

All four of him

i cant think of a single movie that adhered to the rules in that image and wasn't shit on for being too try hard. like that shit is literally a formula of Kate Beaton's "Sexism is Over" comic
and beyond that: " TFA was widely praised despite being shit, sold 2 billion because people honestly don't give a shit about great movies anymore."
those are some cynical ass opinions man.
of the critical reviews ive seen of TFA the most common criticisms were "its takes A LOT from the OT thematically" and "force stuff came to Rey real fast" and even those reviews were positive towards it. and those aren't even movie ruining points either.
really the only people ive seen call TFA shit are the bitter anons in these threads.
also i think this replay is bait but im giving it the benefit of the doubt and responding genuinely

>i cant think of a single movie that adhered to the rules in that image
Really? I see it all the time now. Happens in games too.
>those are some cynical ass opinions man.
I love movies but they only create safe, big, boring sequels nowadays.
>those aren't even movie ruining points either.
A complete copy of EP4 isn't a movie ruining point? Okay.
>really the only people ive seen call TFA shit are the bitter anons in these threads
what a surprise

I'm surprised some people still play.

I got a new laptop just for this game and I was disappointed after about 4 months of playing

bullet pointing my post isnt exactly cohesive to the conversation but ok, ill try anyway.
do you have any examples of stuff like that?cause like i said i cant think of anything that wasn't unanimously considered trash as is. most people are smart enough not to buy into that kind of cynical pandering, and those who do are a vocal minority.
and TFA isnt a rehash of EP4 so much as it follows the Heroes Journey in the same setting, which was done twice already. true it lack a certain amount of freshness, but it wasn't done badly. without debating the movie point on point it stands well on its own. honestly im my opinion its biggest sin was using such a direct Death Star analogue.
and im not sure what that last retort is meant to mean because cynical anons, especially on Sup Forums , are hardly a measure of anything quality.

It's probably a re-imagined Carnor Jax.

>and TFA isnt a rehash of EP4
>do you have any examples of stuff like that?
Okay. Have you watched any movies or played any games from the last, say, 16 years? I'd start there.

so your just gonna generalize? i was looking for what you considered to be legit examples of what fit that criteria.
and yeah a someone who loves movies and games ive played and watched a fuckton in the last 16 years. and nothing so cynical has ever been the standard for anything but renowned trash

i guess this is the frustration i get for giving a troll the benefit of the doubt

No, go ahead. Your "nuh uh you're wrong" and "you're just da vocal minority, cynical people are scum, how come you can't appreciate the latest shitfest cash grab rehash sequel from disney?" It's getting good. I can feel it. You said it follows the hero's journey which you know is bullshit if you actually read the fucking book.
>TFA isnt a rehash of EP4 so much as it follows the Heroes Journey in the same setting, which was done twice already. true it lack a certain amount of freshness, but it wasn't done badly
Besides "a certain amount of freshness" being a complete rehash. How wasn't it done badly? Hero's journey isn't even difficult to understand, an 8-year old could get it. But it's not the hero's journey. It's the search for a great script that was never written. The script was so bad they couldn't even end the freaking movie, Luke standing there comatose, ending this beautiful disaster with a helicopter shot.
> i was looking for what you considered to be legit examples of what fit that criteria.
You mean everything from the past 16 years? It'd be a really long fucking list, mate. The only time women are useless in movies or games nowadays is the horror genre, really.

The worst part is all the anons that absolutely hate it right now are going to be singing it's praises by the time the next trilogy comes out.

starwarsnewsnet.com/2016/05/star-wars-rebels-creator-dave-filoni-wants-ewan-mcgregor-to-voice-obi-wan.html
He's probably too busy though :(

pastebin.com/fRajXXsq

Reposting SWG info. Will be on tomorrow to add anyone who wants to do some missions.

>The only time women are useless in movies or games nowadays is the horror genre
Right, cause in the last 40 years, its been the guy to survive, not the girl.

Fuck off.