Maybe its because I just finished Sopranos, but my god this show fucking sucks so far. Im two episodes in...

Maybe its because I just finished Sopranos, but my god this show fucking sucks so far. Im two episodes in, and the dialouge is fucking embarassingly bad at times. This show also explains every single thing to your fucking face. Nothing about the characters is left for you to figure out yourself, everything has to be bluntly said. Subtlety is a apparently unkown to these writers

Does it get better as it goes on?

Oh yah, and THIS. THIS FUCKING FLASHBACK, is one of the cringiest most unbearable things Ive ever seen on a tv show.

Twin Peaks is a pretty good litmus test to see if a user is underage. if they complain about the dialogue and melodrama... there's your sign.

>complaining about the quality of dialogue makes you underage
Youre gonna have to explain that one to me

Breaking Bad was better than The Sopranos.

>Twin Peaks is a pretty good litmus test to see if a user is underage.
Youre right about that. Anyone who likes it is a dead giveaway

This. Why do Sopranosfags have to mention their shitty show everywhere?

you're too young to understand, wait til you're older champ

"No."

That goes without say.

In some ways it's poking fun at the soap operas at the time, but it's also just not particularly well written dialogue-wise. It's plenty interesting, just don't expect to have a lot of fun watching it. It's very slow and very, very dry.

Her father killed her, fyi

This is some epic b8

>This show also explains every single thing to your fucking face

Lynch can't do modern television. Imma stick with my Saul and Fargo thank you very much goodnight.

David Lynch has, throughout his career, had a tendency to take classic elements of golden age TV soaps (including the "hokey" dialogue and melodrama of Twin Peaks) and subvert/corrupt it with surreal or horrifying elements. it's present in almost all of his films. complaining about the dialogue in Twin Peaks is like complaining about the acting in the first 2 hours of Mulholland Drive.

>Lynch can't make something that conforms to my modern sensibilities, so it sucks
it's probably more like he doesn't WANT to

breaking bad only as annoying characters, only exception is mike and saul.
story isn't that great, always just a new problem.
you can't even compare this shit show to sopranos.

>i don't know what i am talking about

It's ok for you not to like it youngfag. just move on, why make a thread to cry about not liking a show?

If youre underage. Its well understood by adults that Sopranos is the best show ever written in terms of characters, psychology, and themes. The ONLY thing BB has over it is plot

>WANT to
kill yourself

>The ONLY
kill yourself

>why make a thread to cry about not liking a show?
Are you aware of what website youre on?

>IM-FUCKING-PLYING
Twin Peaks is AS reddit as a show can possibly get

>best X ever
Only underage or manchildren talk like this.

imagine being so retarded you actually believe ribbitors dont like Lynch

the only other "directors" they jack off to more are Nolan and Qucktin Tarantella

No you

kill yourself already

>best show ever
Only an underage deals in absolutes.

>redditor comes to my board to defend his meme show and then tells me to kill myself
Thats rich

If you had actually seen or understood it you'd know this is absolutley not the case newfag

>spouting star wars memes
>calling someone else underage

>imagine being so retarded you actually believe ribbitors dont like Lynch

Maybe not but he does seem to make you so buttblasted you have to trash him in every thread. Go back and watch plebshows like Fargo or Breaking Bad and let arthouse people enjoy what they like.

>my board
kys

Hmm I wonder whats happening on the front page of r/television....

Lynch is fucking baby tier "lol so randumb" art house.

the best thing about twin peaks coming back are all the enraged 90's born queers.

> a tv board discussing a tv show
neurons fully engaged

LOL HES SO QUIRKY XD

DUUUDDDDEEE, WHAT DOES IT MEAN?????!!!!!

really? Sopranos is my favorite show and twin peaks is really high up there for me. It's just so comfy

really? I'd say it's lots of fun to watch and gets dry later on. A show that I'd say is a slow boring burn is the wire

>Maybe not but he does seem to make you so buttblasted you have to trash him in every thread. Go back and watch plebshows like Fargo or Breaking Bad
lynchbaby resorting to projections this pathetic
>let arthouse people enjoy what they like
they actually think that being lynchlets makes them "arthouse" people
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
MY FUCKING SIDES

LEESSSSS ROCK

this condescending attitude is the trademark of a pretentious lynchfaggot
you guys are the fucking worse
don't even have good taste but you want to pretend like you do

I actually don't know if refn faggots are better or worse
for the most part its the same people

why are you bothered by what other people like user?

Unfortunately their type is the majority now that reddit regularly browses this board. (Also note the numerous users calling breaking bad better than sopranos). This board is a toxic waste bin of wannabe intellectual high schoolers and college freshmen

Hit the nail on the head

I say that having only seen it for the first time a couple weeks ago, and yeah it's the second season that really drags. The Wire had waaaay more interesting dialogue, and I'd say developed its characters better. There was a never a point in The Wire where I thought to myself "man, this is really slow", but I definitely thought that many times while watching Twin Peaks.

Maybe it's just the difference in atmospheres. The Wire is a crime drama set in a city where stuff is constantly happening, whereas Twin Peaks is a sleepy town where nothing ever happens; both shows convey these feelings well, even if the plot and characters develop at a similar pace.

It could just be a difference in interest, too. I like The Wire's setting and premise a lot more than Twin Peak's, so maybe it just didn't feel as slow as a result.

>why are you bothered by what other people like user?
way to go and completely miss the point
I watched twin peaks
didn't really get the hype, felt it was overrated
then I went into some of these lynch threads to see what you all had to say

without a doubt the most pretentious wannabe patrician faggots I have ever seen

its not about what you guys like
its the attitude you have about it

if someone DOESNT like twin peaks you faggots get soooo fucking offended and start to talk down to and demean a person for the same basic idea you just brought up
which contradicts the whole "intellectually superior" attitude you all revert to when someone doesn't like what you like
if the audience of the show wasn't so tryhard then I could give it a pass for being a cult thing
but lynchfags really have their heads up their own asses and are constantly circle jerking to make it seem like its the greatest thing on earth ever created by man

can someone please explain to premise of this show? so far im guessing its a hodge podge of le epik random scenes but who knows

its like so bad its good horror mystery soap opera for smart and cool kids
its trash

I'm not offended user, I was expecting this kind of shit, all the youngfags rushing to watch the first 2 seasons and feeling let down because it had no relevance to them, even the retarded "get hype" fags are turning against the show because there isn't enough for them to meme about. i've seen about 10 "lynch is shit" threads today, I don't understand why you fags want to be part of the conversation when you don't even like the show.

well its hard not to talk about this show when theres 17 friggin threads about it just right now

im 27
im not a child
ive known about twin peaks since I was 14
ive seen the television show twice through
never bothered with the movie

truthfully its a matter of the audience that likes this franchise that ruined it for me
I cant talk to people who eat shit and pretend its shepherds pie

Kinda like how the masses pretend to have always been lifelong die hard fans of Star Wars and comic book heroes even though they used to be exclusive to dorks.

Anime is gonna go the same route. Just watch. We are getting close to a mass loved anime.

>Also note the numerous users calling breaking bad better than sopranos
Because it is, you pseudpleb.

This tbqh desu

too deep for you

which is embarrassing because it's not very deep at all

no one is forcing you to post in those threads user.

Mad Men*

Try checking out literally any series from the early 90s for starters.

Modern, edgy TV is still a relatively new invention. Sopranos debuted in '99 and still borrowed heavily from soap opera style. Complaining about melodrama and corny dialogue in a '91 show is a good sign of not actually remembering those times.

without twin peaks there would be no sopranos

>tfw u will never be with for-the-last-time waifu

not even a point to be made
just repeating the same thing
this thread is about how twin peaks is bad
I would understand why you would say that if this thread was about how "great" you all think this show is but its not so you have no point

>well its hard not to talk about this show when theres 17 friggin threads about it just right now
so what about the 100 other threads you could post in user? that was the point.

What did he mean by this?

>so what about the 100 other threads you could post in user? that was the point.
im not going to post in them?
wtf
why would I post in them if I didn't even like the show?
are you drunk or retarded?
>no ones forcing you to post in them
im not posting in them
but they are over saturated in the catalogue so when I saw this thread I decided I had something to say about you so called self proclaimed "patricians"

Will I miss anything if I skip over the James/Evelyn scenes or the Nadine-thinks-she's-in-highschool subplot in s2? I can't figure out why they did the killer reveal so early in the season, I'm on ep 12, and it seems pretty directionless

>the only other "directors" they jack off to more are Nolan and Qucktin Tarantella

Cringe

>resorting to projections this pathetic

What a sniveling faggotty reply

Reddit Peaks

You realize you're getting mad because you're literally too fucking stupid to "get" Twin Peaks, right?
You have nobody but yourself to blame, son.

Or how the masses pretend to be "die-hard Alien fans" and then say Ridley Scott is a senile hack because they couldn't understand a movie where symbolism and aesthetics plays a big role, just like the original fucking Alien.

>we actually had a sticky for this shitty reboot of a mediocre series that no one asked for
Reddit wins, I give up

>being this stupid
wow that's ironic
I was literally talking about how you faggots are condescending and pretentious
and boom! there you go, some faggot proved me right
thanks

wow why cant we all just get along faggot
and talk like this, boom!
lynch is reddit hack you stop watch now
proved me right mad ironic
thank

(SPACE)
s
faggot

I just watched the first ep and the characters are so dumb and socially awkward it reminds me of Fargo. I was still midly interested though

almonds completely activated

>upset plebbittors
go back to collecting r*ddit gold with "le sips coffee xD" memes

I think it's more like without Northern Exposure, there would be no Sopranos, sweetie

>it's another Normie retards hop on a bandwagon and try to rationalize their shit taste by spouting meme criticisms episode

Twin Peak is partially a parody of 80s prime time Soap opera series like Dallas and Dynasty, and the melodramatic and wishwashy dialogue is part of it. For someone who did not grow with the series it ridicules, the concept falls flat and the dialogue loses its subtext.

second post best post, all you twin peaks newfags should just stop watching the show right now, you're the epitome of what's wrong with film and tv today

>sweetie
are you a tumblr whale or someones grandma?

No shame in being dumb user but don't try to defend your sub par IQ on here

>not even 1000 upvotes
yeah this show is dead in the water

>being this new
back to plebbit for you, sweetie :)

>reddit likes a show
"kek show confirmed plebbit tier, kill thine selves"
>reddit doesn't like a show
"wow show sucks, le dead in teh water"

first it was talking like niggers, then it was talking like babies, now talking like women is considered cool, i'm proud not to be with it any more.

Nah most shows that get popular on plebbit tend to buy upvotes for exposure, this just shows that twin peaks doesn't exist to appease normies or make money, see the artificial love that stranger things got, it's a fucking garbage that everyone's already forgotten and yet when it was released it was though it was the second coming of christ.

nice1

Laura Palmer the character is dead, but kept alive through the electrical entertainment medium. The light representing electricity of her face seen alive in images, and in the re-airing of Twin Peaks. She's a symbol of Twin Peaks.

weak

this is how you do it:

The show is about a few FBI agents who stumble upon the other world (where we go when we die, according to certain native American beliefs). If you go there, you must face your fears in the form of your doppelganger. If you have fear in your heart, your soul is obliterated in the black lodge. If you are still living, the doppelganger takes over and goes into the other world. If you are dead, no more soul, as its refined and turned into Garmonbozia (lol and then canned). If there's goodness and contentedness in your heart, you are welcomed into the white lodge. The red lodge is the waiting room, which technically is in the exact same space as the white lodge and black lodge. In these lodges, there is no concept of time, only space (When you see me again, it won't be me). Oh yeah, I almost forgot. There are few who are chosen as spirits to inhabit the lodge, be it in the Black or White lodge. Laura was to be a spirit of the black lodge, however, Bob took her life before finishing the ceremony because she was unwilling to be his vessel (as that is not required to be a spirit of the lodges or to have those powers, like agent Phillips). Every 25 years, certain planets align and the gate to the lodges are opened, allowing any spirit to inhabit any body they choose. (you can tell by the shaking of the arm). Keeping them at bay, once possessed, requires medication usually for seizures. There's other stuff, but I won't bore you.

wow so deep
much symbolism
very metaphorical

>waaaay
>soooo

you sound like a prepubescent girl on facebook

>skipping parts

why don't you just move onto another show. Twin Peaks doesn't seem to be your thing