How does this work? How can you have a Batman series with all the villains and shit without Batman?

How does this work? How can you have a Batman series with all the villains and shit without Batman?

Other urls found in this thread:

desustorage.org/co/thread/83084995/#83084995
putlocker.ae/episode/gotham_s2_e22.html
okcupid.com/profile/Vash17
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The villains are interesting enough characters to not need batman

By having Detective James "He can't keep getting away with it!" Gordon as the MC.

Elseworlds son.

>all the villains
>all

because fuck batman we got Bullock

By having Gordon do all the Batman stuff. Makes more sense really.

The Bat baddies can carry a Tv show, they could even take out Gordon and focus just on the baddies.

It's not canon. So it doesn't matter if they do something differently from the comics as long as they still capture the feel of the setting, which they definitely have.

I'm fine with this entirely non-canon Elseworlds story being one where the GCPD took down organized crime and leading to the introduction of costumed crazies, eventually necessitating Batman, rather than the ever popular idea that Batman's presence creates all his own villains.

Very well, thank you.

Batman has never made his villains

In fact, Batman comes from the same place as his villains

They are all just as equally shaped by the madness contained within the city itself

Batman and his rogues alike are symptoms of the same systemic disease

>the ever popular idea that Batman's presence creates all his own villains.
Why this is popular is still beyond me.

So, he's going to rape joker then?

Have you never seen Smallville?

I hope this show eventually delves into Gordon's obsession with raping the Joker

It's actually pretty good until the season finales. I don't know what it is, but for some reason Gotham seems to shit the bed when it comes to those. The last one barely even concluded anything, it ended on, like, 5 cliffhangers.

Elseworlds man. Once you accept that, its easier. Trust me, this show used to piss me off, now I just see how ridiculous it can get

It makes it that Batman exists to fight these kinds of criminals, rather than these criminals only exist to fight Batman. It makes more sense, and it's an interesting take.

Because Batman's supporting cast has dough development to be engaging on their own.

Ivy has a comic series right now without Batman, for instance.

Shot of some of the monsters.

Which is funny, because Gotham is incredibly close to real canon. Way moreso than Flash or Green Batman.

When a character shows up, like Nygma or Penguin or Hugo, they act like themselves and not OCs with names slapped on.

Frank Miller.

I'm really glad that people are finally calling bullshit on that meme though

is that Jerome on the right?

It was his laugh for sure.
I hope this means more Red Hood Gang

Was there really no Gotham talkback thread today?

Holy shit is that Bane?

There was.

Don't see it in the archive.

>PROFESSOR STRAAAAANNGEE

desustorage.org/co/thread/83084995/#83084995

BANE?

by making a retarded shitty show. If it actually didn't need Batman Bruce wouldn't be in it at all, but he is so we get left with a crap show that is so over the top bad /co thinks it's good (kinda like BvS) and then you realize Batman routinely gets his ass handed to him by crooks who are twice his age or older.

Thank god he didn't die.
Either of them

>Fish Mooney is back
Why?
>Jerome is back
I have mixed feelings about this but honestly want to see more of him, so whatever.

That one in the forefront looks like a pretty big guy.

Daredevil is a bad show.

>Why?
Needs something to do while Will is fucking white bitches.

Bruce Wayne is right there so Batman is half there.

Also majority of Batman villains existed before him

Riddler and Penguin shouldn't have physical fights to begin with against Batman

I dunno I hated Fish too but her back with powers might make her better.

>Thomas Wayne Jr.
>Talons, Mad Hatter, Grundy confirmed for S3
>Big Guy confirmed seemingly by

>Killing Principals
what do you think this is, Game of Cucks?

>>Thomas Wayne Jr.

So was he really his brother or not?

Well, do you have another explanation for a Court of Owls experiment that looks like Bruce Wayne?
I mean shit bruh who knows

Yeah the bad part was usually that she was this random mob bitch you can't give yourself to care about especially knowing penguin was gonna kill her. Now she is both starting from scratch and will take full advantage of having kickass powers. I think right now they're treating her as a blank slate personality wise, she obviously won't be the same next season.

You know, live action drama stuff. The stuff people love that don't cost any money. Cashing in on all the over top worlds of comic book fiction, by taking out aaaall of the fun over the top fiction.

the fuck you talking about m8

Bat costumes and bat mobiles and elaborate supervillain lairs are expensive. A series about the world of gotham before any sort of cool comic book stuff happened seems like a pretty genius move to save money.

as much as I love gotham, I hate the masks they're going with for the court of owls.

honestly the fucking promotional masks they sold with the comic looks better than the schumacher bigeyed masks they went with.

Are there any reliable torrents for the latest episodes, or website where you can stream it?

but it has all those things already

this please, can't find it anywhere.

better than nothing I guess.

putlocker.ae/episode/gotham_s2_e22.html

the cup of water was a letdown yet kinda fitting.

I loved the look of "damn we were fucking lucky" look on their faces.

who the hell is this guy?

Well Batman won't do it so he has to take the law into his own hands.

Probably their take on Lincoln March.
Owlboy

>How does this work? How can you have a Batman series with all the villains and shit without Batman?

Anything can work if you don't hire a team of complete and utter hacks to write it.

The talkback thread didn't have it so I made one.

Whole clip.

When is Bruce gonna be shirtless?

Killer croc

>The Owls will never be on Gotham!

>nevermind all the clues in season 1
>nevermind Hugo's obvious dealings with ~somebody~ important
>nevermind the teaser images that showed Fish in a costume that is the spitting image of Strix with the same owl-eye boobs
>nevermind how silly it would be for a story about GOTHAM to not have the most important group in Gotham

cmon son

The owls are dumb Snyder trash though.

It's not too surprising at all if you remember that Lovecraft guy from season 1 who was talking about the people who "really run this city". So there was obviously a power behind the power, it was just a question of what they were called, and Court of Owls makes sense. Could have also gone with League of Assassins too, I suppose, but the Owls work better here.

God damn im hyped for S3. I really hope we get scarecrow again, that's the one thing i've been miffed about this entire time. Scarecrow has been one of batman's most consistently winning villains (he has won several times) and can actually get shit done. He's so underused / rated it makes me cry a little on the inside.

With Strange ousted from Arkham I won't be surprised if we get to see an actual Arkham.

Scarecrow, I think it would be feasible to bring him back with the general excuse that his waking nightmares have gotten better.

>costume that is the spitting image of Strix with the same owl-eye boobs
OH SHIT. Never even noticed.

When will Bruce finally be shirtless?

The League of Assassins aren't the power behind Gotham though.

It always weirds me out how people keep expecting the writers to pull out some massive canon changing plot twist, when 9 times out of 10 everything they do is exactly what happens in the comics. Even when it isn't the writers generally have an out or are working towards something.

I mean this isn't Flash or Arrow, people.

I think Arkham Arkham will come into play later on in S3, maybe not right at the start since i imagine they'll be fixing it up.

Crane's always been one of the biggest threats to Batman as a whole throughout his career, you constantly see him coming up at almost every interval and going at every chance he can get to target Bruce. I feel like if they just have him slapped in that hospital bed and his apperance was just one time would be a gross miss use of his character. That or they'll plan him out as a lead villain later on. Since its clear S3 opener will be about handling the fallout from the "monsters" that have escaped Arkham.

They keep drowning David Masouz in gigantic sweaters to hide how lanky he is. It's clear the growth spurt he had didn't fill him out at all.

Crane is a little kid in this version, though. Remember the Julian Sands 2-parter?

That poster mentioned the Scarecrow episode.
And he's not a little kid.

He was like 17

How did you know? He grew pretty tall, I don't think he's that skinny or anything.

Because they wouldn't keep putting him in big sweaters and turtle-necks if he wasn't.

That's a pretty classic Bruce look.
Keaton was in turtle necks all the damn time.

I dunno, Bruce never really wore anything else anyway.

In any case, I still want to see him shirtless.

Oh sure, I'm sure the black turtle-necks are at least partly a reference to Keaton.

okcupid.com/profile/Vash17

>Pleased to meet you, ladies and gentleman! I'm a self-styled film nerd and all around geek, trying to make my name in the world. I'm constantly part of some section of geek culture, whether reading novels or graphic novels, playing video games, watching television, or just going on the internet. I'm a Long Islander, which is sort of like being the poor man's New Yorker, but I try my best to not live up to our bad reputation. I'm an extremely sarcastic person, as it runs in the blood, but I also try to be incredibly positive. My dream job is to become a film critic, online or in paper, so expect me to babble on about film for a good long while. I'm just starting to get into music, and realizing how much I enjoy alt rock.

>I am bisexual, and while I prefer men, I do like women almost as much. It's not a big deal for me.

>Barbara back
>Mooney back

kinda worried to be honest

Was there really such a strong fan reception to Fish Mooney that they thought they needed her back? I don't see it.

Women love her for some reason.

What's wrong with Babs? She's crazier than ever and the crazier she is the better everything gets.

Bruce and Selinas relationship is working way better than I expected, he sometimes pushes her away yet she always comes back and is all smug around him.

I also like how Alfred was implying Bruce should to get laid because he knows Bruce being with Selina is still way better than fighting some secret crime organisation.

For a show which people claim is one of the least faithful comic adaptions, it has nailed a lot batman lore and relationships.

Season two Barbara has been nothing but great.

>What's wrong with Babs? She's crazier than ever and the crazier she is the better everything gets.
This.

>Barbara back

and is know totally insane, working together with Pinguin and kinda yandere for Gordon.

>Mooney back

And has superpowers which justify her strong wymen act.

They brought them back but better, with that said, I thought Jada didn't want to come back?

>It's not canon

Lol wot. It's an adaptation of Batman, it's in its own canon.

I don't understand how anybody could say Gotham is the "least faithful" to the comics. It'a just set in a time period where there aren't many stories that have been told.

I mean, Arrow has Green Arrow as a murderous psychopath dating the woman who dated Firestorm's Dad, Black Canary is dead, and Green Arrow uses magic. Amanda Waller and Deathstroke are both dead. Flash had an evil Jay Garrick, Vibe is Bazingacore, and they've killed half his rouges gallery.

Whereas Gotham has... Bruce growing up and characters developing into the people we know they will become? I can count the amount of minor continuity issues that clash with canon on two hands and we've seen in the past that the writers will suddenly pull reveals that remedy stuff like that.

But Arrow and Flash are campy and comic booky.

Also, if you try to say that Gotham is campy you're really just hiding that it's shit.

If all the villains are caused by Batman's presence then shouldn't he just fuck off?

>Arrow is campy

Since when?

Anyone who thinks Batman causes the villain's presence doesn't read comics.

Since Sup Forums said so back in season 2.

The more they go the more they turn Batman from the hero to the guy causing all the problems.

I really don't know what comicbook writers think

He looks quite big, yeah it could be that guy

Also don't bother trying to give reasons as to why its good, because I know it's shit and that's what counts.

And at least Flash and Arrow aren't police procedurals like Gotham, which is basically SVU with comic book names. They should have just made Gotham Central instead. I think a police procedural would have been WAY better than we got.

I mean, Bruce is in Gotham instead of training as a ninja in Asia. Bruce Wayne in Gotham City! How fucked up is that? And we all know Batman creates his villains so why are his villains around before he is? Plus how is Batman going to have a fistfight with Riddler if Riddler is older than him?

I hope evil Bruce chews up scenery like nobody''s business.

Are you actualy baitting

At least Flash is going great, brining in comic book concepts like Atom Smasher, Peekaboo, Girder, Sand Demon etc.
Fuck yeah FLASH