A few things I was wondering about the Thing. Hope somebody knows

1. Is his sense of touch limited or gone?
2. And how were his insides affected the cosmic radiation? (I know aside from the movie, it's just his skin that's rocky. But it obviously enhanced his strength and Hickman revealed that he doesn't age in his Thing form.)
3. Would he heal any better than a normal person if his rocky hide is damaged, impaled, or dented in?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zb2hzz56Now
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Found this image online. Don't know where it's from.

Thing thread?
Thing thread

The only time he had a "5" was in Spider Girl's future. Franklin was the leader and they replaced Reed with that mini rohot everyone hated. Robbie was it?

Yes

Seriously though?

At one point in the 90s, Wolverine slashed Thing's face and it took forever to heal

Seems painful as fuck.

For a big guy.

I remember a page that showed Thing's toilet was basically a rock grinder below a seat. I don't know if it was a joke or canon,

It was shot from that most recent FF cartoon

Which episode? I loved that show, but I don't remember that.

This can't die thing gets too few threads.

What do you anons think of a bulk vs Thing where Ben actually wins no cheating. His would it be done?

Before hulk got his INSANE buffs to make him stronger him and thing were very even. Most recently though hulk was destroying las vegas, he absorbed all the gamma radiation from a bomb and it made him super stronger and angrier, and the thing got his ass handed to him. But I think this was supposed to show that hulk was getting stronger and more erratic because it was Bruce banner who said the thing was the only one who could beat him.

I feel like there was one interpretation where the Thing's hide was more scaly than rocky

I wish Marvel would give Two in One a couple of omnis, or at least put all of it up on unlimited.

pic related

I thought Thing would beat Hulk because while Hulk is stronger, Thing is faster and calmer.

Behold! The evil of the Space-Jew!

I've been waiting for Thing's power up for like 15 years now and he hasn't gotten one, he is becoming a joke on the brick scale

Originally that was the case, but one side got powered up repeatedly in his SOLO book so the rivalry died.

Anons what power up, if any, would you give Ben Grim?

Organic Diamond Ben Grimmmmm- with some form of vibration abilities.. I dunno like atunement with the earth's core giving him.. gravity powers?

For (you)

Cap quit bothering Ben he ain't a slut silly.

It only works on earth, but he could raise up till the point he couldn't breath then launch back at the earth using relativistic speed causing atomic-like impacts.

I'm saving this thread

Now more sexy

The return of Pineapple Thing.

Posing

Ben and Shulk need a team book.

Kiss kiss

You mean the old design? That m made him look bumpy

Know with the funny

Or so Reed speculated. The original calculations suggest the impact would be of sufficient force to destabilize the molecular structure or even comically.. err, cosmically powered individuals. It would of course kill Ben, Earth, etc

The ability to fuse with rocks and such to acquire mass, like just becoming a giant mountain man if he had to.

Nope. The one powerup he had where he became stronger than grey bulk.

Does he have a dick?

Like Larger-than-Sand-Aggregate-Man. Rockman. Stoneman. Boulderman. Or like you said, Mountain Man.

More
That is some ugly shit right there

Yep

36 posts in. Questions still not answered.

Maybe, been wondering why ant man won't give his suits to any strong or fast heroes

A density field around him that he can control. He could change the mass of objects within his limited radius, affecting their speed, inertia, agility, biological processes, god knows what else. The effects he forces on others affect him to a much lesser extent. It's an ability that wouldn't be intuitive for him to use, the team would have to teach him to use it, and to think tactically with it. The Fantastic Four just became interesting for me again. capthca- mountains It's a sign

1) his sense of touch is fine, never read anything saying it was changed

2)Radiation? Don't know jack on that. Insides have been stated to be rock all the way down a few times, I'm fine with that.
3) He's been chipped a few times and the team gets scared so each time Ben gets a vacation and the injury does nothing. Then the plot is dropped without resolving

Happy?

>3. Would he heal any better than a normal person if his rocky hide is damaged, impaled, or dented in?
There's probably been instances that contradict this but Wolverine once slashed a good bit of his face off...and he kept the face scarring for quite a good bit of time.

As for powers, I'd give him...the ability to talk to rocks!!!!

No but seriously some metamorphic abilities or rock-elemental stuff like people are saying here would be cool. It'd be super Thing for him to be able to suck up concrete from under his feet and make his fist gigantic before uppercutting someone.

Too bad he's probably gone from the comics for a few years if not forever.

At some point didn't Thing wear a metal mask because Wolverine scarred up his face really bad?
I seem to remember seeing that in an old 80's or early 90's book.

Gravity? You just said gravity powers in a really weird way. And I don't think thing should have a hard time adjusting to those.

Pym is one of the smartest guys in Marvel. He can't let anyone use his gear besides an idiot he can manipulate, for fear it leaking into the hands of somebody who could really use it. Imagine Doom with Pym particles.

There was a short-lived Thing cartoon where some teenager had a "Thing Ring" that when activated would have him go through a transformation sequence where orange rocks clustered around him from out of nowhere.

The more I think on it, growing and expanding doesn't fit well with Thing and Reed being on the same team too similar.

Maybe some earth phasing thing where he could surf or teleport though the ground/rock surfaces

>never read anything saying it was changed
Yeah. I never saw it anywhere in what I've read. But in one of the cartoons he definitely lost it. And I think he did in the Story movies too.

I suggested some gravity powers earlier. Playing with ideas, replying to myself, you know.

But image colossus or quicksilver's with a antman suit. It would be so cash

Yeah but other user said it weird

Ben Grim as the avatar of minerals like Alec Holland is the avatar of The Green? That's an old idea and still a really good one. That means he really has lost all physical vestiges of genetic humanity. Watching Ben lose the last of his humanity while taking on the mantle- get the pun- of the hard earth would be heartbreaking. I want to read that.

No, I'm the same guy.

Like the flash with unlimited mass. Planet killer. Anything killer. I mean a Pym speedster. You're diabolical...

Also trying to get a drawfag to fuse wolverine and flash. Quick bub to the snikt

But why away it so dumb. Walking around the point like it was hiding from you

Out of thing pics

>1. Is his sense of touch limited or gone?
His tense of touch and pressure sensation are normal, like anybody's.
The only thing that's dulled is his sense of pain because not nearly as much actually hurts him.
>2. And how were his insides affected the cosmic radiation? (I know aside from the movie, it's just his skin that's rocky. But it obviously enhanced his strength and Hickman revealed that he doesn't age in his Thing form.)
To clarify something, he is NOT actually made out of rocks, he just looks like it. Just like how Reed's skin is still skin but it's atomic properties are altered to be all stretchy, Ben's skin is actually more like hide that looks and resembles rocks.
His organs are likely similarly reinforced (which is why massive bludgeoning impacts don't instantly cause internal bleeding), but they're probably comparatively softer and less durable then his hide much like an elephant or rhino's hide is tougher then it's innards.
>3. Would he heal any better than a normal person if his rocky hide is damaged, impaled, or dented in?
Related to the first, since his skin IS still skin it heals over time like skin does.
However it takes a bit longer then normal due to just how dense and durable it is compared to ours.

This was the effect of a battle against Terrax. That's why the Thing have bionic parts in MC2.

Things' power isn't just in his strength (which has gradually been increasing over his life), but his reflexes and fighting skills.
Despite appearing to be made out of rock to his body he just has very weird skin, and his excellent pilot's reflexes and speed are identical to how they were before the transformation, so despite his size and strength he's still very quick.
Even better, unlike most super-bruisers (who basically fight like pro wrestlers; lots of muscle and flash and power but no technique), Thing actually was an extremely skilled street-fighter and boxer and wrestler from his college days BEFORE his transformation so he can really throw a good punch and knows how to use his weight and mass and do locks and holds.

So despite being the heavyweight of his team, Ben among heavyweights is actually more like a middleweight boxer; power and speed mixed with a lot of technique.

Gravity powers. Boring. More fun to come up with what that might mean!
Like saying FOOD when asked what you like to eat when you could say 1980's era Canadian Click luncheon meat on rye with mustard, no butter.

That stuff came in a can with a built-in key stuck to the side you needed to open it with. That's when the original transformers cartoon was on. As a poor white six year old, on Saturday at 11:30 am there was nothing better than helping with lunch and hearing "MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE" in the background from the old tube TV.

Just more strength and specially resistance/endurance

No need for those fancy powers, The Thing's whole thing is the clobberin'

Maybe give him a new weakness, like his shell starts breaking down to dirt when exposed to the acidic? He gets mud-like and can stick to opponents, suffocate them?

We know. It inspired the Jamie Bell casting.

Yo! What time is it?

youtube.com/watch?v=Zb2hzz56Now

Who's fanfic is this?

Allred must have really loved this show as a kid because he brought back the Thing Rings for Ms. Thing and had a reference to them in a Silver Surfer issue recently.

>She-Hulk shacking up with some guy she decided she likes just one second ago
Right, because that's so out of character for her.....

>tfw no thing ring

I gonna kill a self

Retcon the flesh part and make him almost entirely made of indestructible rocks, making him virtually immortal.

He was always supposed to be ugly. The soul of a prince, trapped inside a monstrous shell.

Hmmm.

Is there any r34 of Ben with any of the Crystal Gems?

Amethyst would be all over that.

He already is virtually immortal. He doesn't age while in Thing form.

At least according to Hickman.

Which doesn't fit with decades of "Thing canon".

Lotsa bricks are shown as being immune or extremely resistant to disease but Ben has a base human immune system, he has been shown catching a common cold several times for example. He has no special degree of healing ability, time and time again its been shown that cuts and breaks take a normal human's time to heal. While his fleshy bits are obviously above-base durable to cope with his musculature its been shown time and again that most of his durability comes from his rocky hide, his internal bits aren't as comparably tough.

There is nothing in the Thing's definition that suggests he should be immune to aging. There are tons of precedent to suggest he would *not* age any differently than a base human.

Sloppy writing on Hickman's part, here. But he had a story he wanted to tell so the path was a little muddled to make it to the desired destination.

Huh, that kind of thing sounds so much like something Allred would do.

He's pretty based