Cult films you can't understand the cult following for

>cult films you can't understand the cult following for
it had a few chuckle moments but what's the appeal?

You're a neet so once you have a soul crushing wagie job you'll understand

gen x shitheads have shit taste in movies. who would have thought?

it's not meant for you youngfag

I work a wagie job but he literally does nothing while he's "working". His boss isn't in the store, he's got his friend to talk to all day, what's his problem?

explain

very nice platitude but where's your argument

It was he day off and he's was trying to be nice by covering his boss' shift for a few hours, but they fucked him over and he had to be there from open to close.

it has no relevance to you.

Kevin Smith's entire success coasts on nostalgia for this movie.

Gen X was meant to aspire to more. Office jobs had decent wages in those days so medium class kids were meant to go to university and take them. It showed what life was really like behind all the pretense about dragging yourself up by your bootstraps.

Slice of life for young adult suburbanites.

This, something that another Kevin Smith had a great sense and memory of, all the while he captured the spirit of an era. I don't know what caricature they've replaced him with, but it has been on a downward spiral ever since. Shame.

Kevin's shame takes up two seats

Not any more, though you wouldn't know that by the jerseys he's wearing.

Reminds me of the insanity and good times I had at my first bullshit job where we got away with everything but murder. Even closed the store a few times to fuck around, stole drinks/food and had an ex-employee that would stroll in every other day just to sit behind the counter and inevitably piss off someone.

IN A ROW!?

have you seen a set of keys around here?

Dogma is the best comedy ever made, but from there yeah.

does anyone remember that alt ending? lol

beta americans praise the 42 BJs that american women love to give before always finding a provider

Middle-aged people acting like they're still teenagers.
Basically Sup Forums.

What shithole do you live in where people only live till their 40s?

Kek (笑´・艸・) It's called a slice of the life. Especially this case is about Kevin Smith's at the time, this one came out. What surprising fact is that the Miramax & Weinstein were able to sniff out younger audiences dig this film when & where every distributor out there thought it was not a good bet. Sooo this film was really the timely subject matter. Your folks probably enjoy helluvu outta it. Think of this film as the period piece, Okay user.

it was the 90's

fucking idiot.

based japanese poster

Kevin Smith made it on a shoestring budget, filmed at a local store he actually worked at with many of his real friends playing key roles, so that gave it an appealing indie cred. I was really into theater and film making when I was in high school, and I liked the idea that if I had a shitty camera and some film lying around I could make a halfway decent movie with my friends if I had a tight script.

That and it was about working a shitty cashier job at a convenience store, something I was all too familiar with.

something touched a nerve...

Eh ???

yep, sometimes the retardation I see posted here goes too far.

Dig Dig →→→ You !?

>37 dicks

Quick stop is 2 mins down the road from my house so it's always fun to watch

This film is not great on a technical sense but i like it for its realistic dialogue and no budget approach. its not kevin smiths best film but at that time it was how they felt. i watched this in 2010 when i was 13 and it impressed me but it wasnt till i was 16 working at an internet cafe that i understood the appeal of a guy working a dead end job trying to survive thats why it was so popular. side note it was watching kevin smith and peter jacksons (not talking lord of the rings but his early horror movies) movies that inspired me to consider being a film maker, so im probably more kind than i should be to it

>13 in 2010
Get the FUCK out of here. Why do young people come here? Seriously go to reddit or something

im 19, i can post here

yeah but you shouldn't you youngfag piece of shit.

stop breathing my air oldman

Jesus I feel old. Kids born 2000 and up will be posting here in a few years. Though I know they are already here. Fuck me.

>this super chad gets the heart-eyes emoticon in the first response

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-

>tfw old fucks get mad at 19 year olds on this site, even though being over the age of 25 and still browsing Sup Forums is pathetic

Not only that
>man beats an Olympic gold medalist
>this is his greatest accomplishment
>some social media skank gets noticed by said super human for a quick fuck
>this is her biggest accomplishment
Women are a meme

i will forever defend chasing amy

Is it anymore pathetic than young 20 something's wasting their youth and prime years on a Chinese cartoon forum?

A lot of why people like Clerks is the story behind the film (being made for dirt cheap by a guy that didn't finish film school with non-pro actors and ended up selling it for a ton of money).

Also, it was really the first big "real life" indie comedy, relying solely on dialogue for the most part. This is a bit stretching it, but you can practically draw a straight line from Clerks to the mumblecore films of the 2000s.

Though, most say Slacker was the first mumblecore film, and Smith has said Clerks was heavily influenced by Slacker, so I guess it's the second mumblecore film. On the other hand, Slacker has no fucking plot whatsoever, Clerks does. Clerks took an experimental concept and turned it into a watchable story.

Plus, of it's relatable (shitty job, shitty relationships, shitty friendships, etc).

>being over the age of 25 and still browsing Sup Forums is pathetic
Not really. We've had people over 40 posting on Sup Forums since it's beginning. Thinking people care what websites you browse at what age is pretty cringey and it sounds like you are projecting your own insecurities. In reality none of that personal shit matters because of anonymity.

>he didn't take a year off of school to be a NEET and just browse Sup Forums / play vidya / drink without a care in the world

Those were good times man. Now I have a fiance, a one year old and I work 70 hours a week. Don't diss.

The only other shit people in their "prime" do is party and get fucked up, which I also did enough of.

>nobody thinks I'm a weirdo 40 something who browses Sup Forums and jacks it to Chinese cartoons because they don't KNOW I'm a weirdo 40 something!

Good logic brother.

>Projecting again
Whatever user. Enjoy getting worked up over what other people do with their lives.

What the fuck am i projecting?

Listen up you loser: nobody who is doing well in life has the time to post here over 25. Anyone over the cutoff point still posting here has no room to shit on teenagers just fucking around.

wew lad

hush young fella, you'll get there.

enjoy your 30's

I've gotten that emoticon on the first response before and I'm not good looking at all. Skanks on Tinder are easy user.

Fuck off, Shatner.

see you in 10 years user.

It's only value is that it was one of the first NC17 films who's only explicit content was language. It was crude and pseudo artsy that appeals to rebellious teenagers. It's pretty worthless artistically: black and white, deadpan delivery, nihilistic themes, an animated scene and foul language. Ask an edgy teen pseud to make a movie and you got this

he wasnt even supposed to be there that day

Real valid point there

And then he got shot in the end.

No, faggots like you are a meme.

that's not clerks at all. Office space would describe that.

Clerks is your 'first job' during high school movie.

She's not going to sleep with you by defending her honor on the internet. Also, everything I said was 100% true
>man defeats a gold medal Olympian
>this is his greater accomplishment and for good reason
>some twitter skank gets noticed for a quick fuck
>this is her greatest accomplishment

>this is her greatest accomplishment
She's just making a joke. Take a nap /r9k/, you're getting cranky.

In a row?

>movie is about people out of high school slacking at a minimum wage job in the college era of their lives
>your "first job" in high school
Did you even watch the fucking movie?

Or the fact that he had an EP credit on Oscar winner Good Will Hunting. But seriously, it's not like he pretends he doesn't know that. To this day he still calls himself "the guy who made Clerks."

Women are dramatic and it's not irrational to get annoyed with their dramatic tendencies. You clearly have minimal experience with them

Clerks is a classic he has every right to call himself that, dude scrapped together a few bucks to pay his friends to make some seemingly shitty movie

You're gonna tell me you wouldn't have the same idea of yourself if a movie about your shitty minimum wage job took off and made millions?

His problem was that he couldn't say no.
That's why Randall gets so pissed off at him near the end, because he could've said no and spent the day with his girlfriend. Instead he came into work and spent the day whining "I'm not even supposed to be here today."

Now all he does is say how much of a geek he is, and cry while watching cow trash, dude caught a lucky break when edgy teens thought his movie was "art" and has been riding on that popularity ever since

You're trying way too hard to fit in with this board lol

Find a flaw in what I said rather than accuse me of being tryhard

The Big Lebowski

Agree OP watched it maybe twice in College. Remember some of the jokes and never had the urge to see again. I guess I don't want to commit 2 hours of my time listening again the thoughts of pimply wage workers.

>lol

Just a year?

I feel the same about Evil Dead

I don't understand this American meme about going bowling all the time.

Yes. Without a doubt.

American here, I don't get it either

Have to explain Clerks to summer fag millennials. Maybe there is hope for gen z.

you have to be genX to understand.

like your shit.. wtf is the appeal of the autotuned garbage rockpopraptechno hybrid "music" that filks your lives? its souless shit and you all love it. EXPLAIN.

>NOT EVERYTHING IS FOR YOU

>insightful helpful comment

wtf am i reading??

the ORIGINAL ending was to soulcrushingly honest

the theatrical ending is a HACK for the plebs

>no one over 25 sits on the toilet and reads 4chin

oh youngling.. you have such difficult shits to come with your amerikuk diet...

see

Haha.

I'm starting to understand why Sup Forums is filled with capeshit and other generic pleb shit threads these days..

>OP is too young to remember the 90s

Bowling was once a much more popular pasttime with working Americans, back when you did things instead of watching & talking about others who do stuff

What smells like shoe polish, Sup Forums?

Why bowling though? It's autistic and boring.

>competitive
>simple rules
>cheap equipment
>drink beer & eat pizza
>hang with your friends

Does your country hate fun?

>I don't understand this American meme about going bowling all the time
For a long time in small town Middle America, the local bowl-o-rama was the cultural hub for the town. It had the bowling lanes for fun, but also a bar for adults, small arcade area for little kids, lunch counter for fast food dining, league nights so teams of friends could compete, etc.

The local bowling alley being a big deal is an anachronism now and is basically small town boomer nostalgia, which is why you see it pop up in a lot of movies and tv shows made by boomers.

it was made in black and white and had chapter titles so everyone thought it was artistic

Woah ho HO there Junior! No reason to get upset over us poking a little fun at you youngsters :^)

no she wasn't, she was sending that shit to tabloids all around the globe, hoping to get rich

That was before winning gold

www.thesun.co.uk/sport/1609447/rio-2016-woman-ignores-olympic-swimmer-joseph-schooling-on-tinder-then-regrets-it-as-he-wins-a-gold-medal/amp/