Why are Americans on Sup Forums so very uneducated...

Why are Americans on Sup Forums so very uneducated? I'm not trying to be mean here but they almost always contribute nothing to an international discussion aside from memes.
Do they not want to learn and experience new things?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-ugJZhL-cbc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Only uneducated people would pay for Sup Forums.

Even Aussies have high quality posts that explain their culture

The southern states of America now has cheap and accessible internet access.

see

Americans genuinely believe that they're the greatest country on Earth. They genuinely think that every other country on Earth is still living in the 20th century. They genuinely think that citizens of every other country on Earth worship the USA and wishes they could live in the USA. In schools, they are rarely taught about world history and they ridiculously exaggerate the USA's involvement in the few things they do teach about (such as both world wars, where they claim to have single-handedly won them). They are so deluded into thinking that their way is the right way that they will happily argue in favour of things they do that are objectively bad (such as their mass circumcision or their tipping culture or their retarded date formatting). And because they think so highly of their own country, they feel there is no reason to visit other countries so they remain ignorant about the rest of the world.

what the fuck is that supposed to be

Dumb American pretending to be smart.

There has been a surge of Australian flag shitposters and spammers from Sup Forums lately. Disappointing to see, to be honest. Not so much that they are shitposting but they are so very lazy and uncreative about the process.

But yeah, unrelated.

They do appear to have a very inward outlook to life and the role of their society. It kind of reminds me of that whole manifest destiny concept which was drawing people to settle further inland, in America. Now that they have effectively achieved this manifest destiny by spreading all over the region, they view it as a religious holy site, or sorts. This at least partially explains the inward looking trend.
Being a large country probably worsens this trend, since they don't really have a whole lot of external pressure forcing them to look beyond their borders. You can sort of see this with Europeans to an extent, in how many of them view Europe as the centre and only relevant part of the world. Maybe it has deep cultural ties bound by religion.
Australia is also a huge nation but we never really had this overzealous, religious urge to spread out and populate the land like the Americans did. We are also not remotely as religious. People love Australia but the closest thing you'll find to worshipping the place is with some aboriginal elder land owners who try to keep their traditional mythos alive through storytelling- but these beliefs aren't generally ego driven, like the feel good, spread the Gospel and change the world type of old time religion which came out of the middle east and later out of Europe.

I wonder if Australia would have turned out similar to the USA if those purtans who fled England rocked up to Botany Bay on their Mayflower instead of in North America.

Interesting point of view. What about Canada though?

Don't really know all that much about Canada, to be honest.

If we're really cutting to the core of things I genuinely feel like the desire to explore and appreciate other cultures is going to be much more prevalent among people whose native language is not English on a primarily English speaking website.

I have no interest in learning foreign language because I like where I live and don't need a secondary language. I don't like to travel because I was raised poor and think it's a waste of money. Those two being said, I've always personally loved history of other countries.

Most Americans have a much more difficult time achieving anything that feels like being international. The average person is very bad at managing their finances, and what constitutes a reasonable distance of travelling normally dumps someone in another part of the US, Canada (whose culture isn't as different as a European crossing a border).

I would write more, but I need to respond to this email from a friend.

because americans ARE uneducated, especially flyover rural retards

You don't need to be a tourist to be internationally minded.

lol

what an iconic American post

>I would write more, but I need to respond to this email from a friend.
Also a very interesting post. I'd like to read more later

What did you come to a text driven discussion board for if not to read? Curious.

Bumping for comic relief

Ah yes, the intellectuals of Sup Forums, if only us stupid Americans could be more like them. I've got news for you geniuses, if you honestly believe that the type of person that comes to Sup Forums to shitpost represents the vast majority of American citizens then you're dumber than you've deluded yourself into believing we all are. Especially fucking aussies, hilarious seeing you guys criticize us. Fuck off you condescending cunts.

To be honest, the average American Sup Forums poster is probably more intelligent than the average American, which makes things even more embarrassing.

>but they almost always contribute nothing to an international discussion aside from memes.
sound a lot like euros. whenever i post i get nothing but the usual replies that are so predictable. this being one of them

truly the worst posters and proving my point

kek, no

So instead of bothered to read the thread and take part in the discussion, you throw a stereotypical temper tantrum?

>worst posters

>he does it again
>thinks he isn't
o im laffin

I dunno, I've had plenty of decent discussions with American flags here on Sup Forums, as well as clearly Americans on other boards. Americans make the majority of posters on this Crimean dwarf-auctioning forum, so of course a lot of them are going to be idiots (bell-curve). I'm not going to deny that there is a certain smug superiority often seen, about being the best country in the world and therefore not needing to know about any other culture (which imho borders on anti-intellectualism), but this shouldn't be generalized, and many posters like to learn about other countries, but never had that kind of education in school, which sometimes makes them look stupid and then they get banted and of course get defensive.

Let's love eachother and bant eachother and not get butthurt.

What discussion?

Why are americans so stupid and self absorbed?

Do you expect serious discussion predicated on shitposting?

this but unironically

Sry if it sounded ironic, I really meant it.

>people living in the world's most powerful (not best) country are kinda insular and arrogant
>people always have a tendency to get annoyed at the top dog

THEY HATE US CUZ THEY AINT US

sorry our sh1t posting isn't intelligent enough

Most Brazilians look like this meme pic.

look at this thread
only 1 non-meme answer by an american:

>yfw

why'd it take you so long to respond?

Was doing irl stuff

DOG BLESS UNITED BURGERS OF AMERICA!!! :--DDDTHANK YOU FOR YOUR FAT SERVICE SIR MR.MARINE FREEDOMBURGEREAGLE!!!! :---DDDDD

any time, ballsack

THANK YOU FOR YOUR FREEDOMS!!! :---DDDD GLAD TO TIP YOU MR CLAPPERBURGER :---DDDDDD MAY I CONGRATULATE YOU FOR YOUR BIG STOMACH!!!?? X---DDDDDDD

Because you don't need to know about other countries if you don't live there, and traveling is expensive. Japan is the only foreign country I care about.

hon

Why do you come on Sup Forums?

That's MRS. Clapperburger to you, Onni

>WE SHUD NUKE NORTH KOREYA MUKAY
>"Where is North Korea?"
youtube.com/watch?v=-ugJZhL-cbc

I guess that "Japan is the only foreign country I care about." was an exaggeration

but I couldn't see myself visiting another place

You did not answer the question

The following events resulted in an influx of Americans who lack an understanding of satire, nuance, are bigoted to a weird fucking amount, and have shitty tastes in everything:

Trayvon Martin case, the Fappening, Gamergate, and 2016 elections.

Usually Sup Forums has a chance to stay cool after media coverage, but now its constant and instead of attracting outsider college kids, it attracted people way too deeply invested in culture wars, and boomers who think this is a pro-trump website.

Lmao I hate Europeans. I really enjoy talking to and seeing stereotypical fat, stupid and ignorant Americans. People conforming to their stereotypes such as Germans being pedantic, condescending and recalcitrant is actally amazing to see. Live and let live bro.

>Let's love eachother and bant eachother and not get butthurt.

try telling that to brit posters. they are SEETHING most of the time and end up ruining threads more than even american posters

>that there is a certain smug superiority often seen

also perfectly describes the majority of brit posters

To be fair, most threads about our country are just shitposting where everyone posts memes. People who actually explain our culture are ignored for an American who says something stupid or a foreigner who makes a good joke. There are too many threads on America here in general.

To answer your question, a lot of people here are probably newcomers from political events that have occurred in this country over the past few years. So naturally they take up most of the newer base, and the average American's view of countries is very self centered. Here in this state at the very least there is the idea that there is no reason to learn another language or fully understand another culture. People are comfortable with ignorance but simultaneously have some curiosity of the outside world. The clash resulting in many Americans having a weird view of other countries (thinking western Europe is filled to the brim with Middle Easterners) while having a self centered superiority of how nice our country is in comparison. This is really mainly for world events and cultures, I doubt that any of the normal Americans users on /sci/ are uneducated. But I wouldn't go to them asking what life in Estonia is like and expect a good answer.

>I doubt that any of the normal Americans users on /sci/ are uneducated.
desu, most of the people on /sci/ are retarded and don't realize it (Dunning-Krueger-effect)

>Why are Americans on Sup Forums so very uneducated?
Because they don't need to be. It's the syndrome of living in a big, self-sufficient country. Average Chink or Ruskie is the same, or probably worse.

obsessed