Future Quest #1

What did you guys think of Future Quest?

I traded $30 worth of magic cards for pic related (and one more copy that was a gift for someone)

Only buying the variants? user you should buy ALL of yours LCS's copies so that it doesn't bomb.

You DO like Birdman and Space Ghost don't you, user? Don't you?

It was okay, a little everything-at-once though. Also, I'm disappointed we're going down the "gonna kill/abuse your childhood icons for shock value" route that ruined Thundercats comics.

I think the only true disappointment really was the Birdman reveal not being on a page turn. What the hell, Parker?

I read their voices with their respective Adult Swim actors, too.

Admittedly it would have been cool for them to do series based on each property and then converge them into this series, but I would very much be into a Jonny Quest series that's tonally similar.

This page was the highlight of the issue. However it suffered from some weird stylistic choices. Like mentioned it not being a page turn was headscratching and including dialogue asides from the BIRDMAN shout really works against it.

Art is really good though.

Also, who is this random Indian lady or whatever?

Yeah art is amazing, it's a shame Shaner'll be leaving soon.

Indian lady is an OC if I'm not mistaken.

I thought it was the closest thing to the Venture Bros. comic book I'll never have

I really enjoyed it. I didn't really watch the cartoons the book is about despite watching other cartoons on Boomerang a bit as a kid. I say you did good. What cards did you trade in?
OC

Wait he's leaving the book soon? He's a DC Exclusive. Does this mean he's going to draw Shazam?

I'm Indian and I fucking loathe "Let's fix this story's lack of diversity by putting some brown people in it nobody asked for."

Thinking about it, I'm surprised they haven't actually done that. If the series ever got canned, it could live on in comic form.

Nothing major, a Phenax, a Mogis, an Athreos, and some random standard stuff.

really loved it, hope it doesnt bomb

What magic cards did you end upntrading away, OP?

I'm pretty sure that wasn't what they were going for. Fuck's sake they already have Hadji.

G L O R Y
O F
R A

You figure they wanted more women then?

Calm down, nigga. They aren't making a pre existing character Indian. They are just introducing a new character that happens to be Indian. She's fucking harmless to the book.

Do you like, not want Indians in any books or some shit?

Dude, it takes them years to come up with a season (an unacceptable amount, for any series but VB), I don't want a comic to take up more of their time.

I don't want any OCs in my damn Hanna Barbera crossover comic, there are a shit-ton of characters already.

Yeah that seems to be it. If you look at all these old HB shows there are very little women. They also added a woman to that one superhero team I can't remember the name of since I never watched their show as a kid.

Aw come on, there was whatshername from the Galaxy Trio... that girl from Space Ghost... the wife on Herculoids... uhh... the blonde chick from the genie show...

Look, I'm just saying, you could give one of those women a stronger role instead of giving time to some character nobody bought this comic to see and taking it away from the ones we do want.

When?

... fuck I just realized how much I want an issue of Johnny and Hadji being very confused by Yogi Bear and shit.

He and his friends get no respect.

that was legitimately a good song

What does Scooby do that they neglect?

Stop being ridiculous; plenty of episodes of these shows had new characters in them; goddamn Birdboy was an OC at one time, totally out of fucking nowhere (I recall a rumor that he was supposed to be Birdman's son, but...).