Why did they create us then Sup Forums, of all the answers I wanted to see in Covenant from Prometheus...

Why did they create us then Sup Forums, of all the answers I wanted to see in Covenant from Prometheus, the most important one was left unanswered.

The engineers from Prometheus were created by the engineers from A:C. Thats why they tried to kill us, thats why David killed the engineers in A:C, he related to the engineers in Prometheus

The same reason our creators created us.
Because they could.
naw, we are gold mining alien/monkey hybrids

Why do we create chickens/robots/soldiers? Food/servants/cannon fodder.

what?

go to bed ridley, you senile fuck

Your creator is Ridley Scott, my tin-foiled OP. Would you like his address to scale his fence?

The idea is that they created all life.
So their goal was to spread life to other planets.

I think the race of Paradise aren't the engineers but a race the engineers were proud of, that's why they regard it as Paradise.

It's never explained why they create us but we know that after creating us they came to visit until at some point they deemed humanity a failure that needed vaporization, probably because they saw that we were a bunch of warmongering shitters unlike their precious race of Paradise.

They were right though, we are evil af as seen with David, a human creation in their image and likeness, that genocided a planet full of tree hugging peaceful humanoids. Even Walter points out that David is "too human" and that why they were recalled and changed with this newer version which were more like robots.

Think about it. The engineers from both movies look different. The Es from Prom look more synthetic, their suits are apart of them. The Es from A:C had them go around the universe sacrificing themselves to create life. They got fed up with it one day and had a huge altercation. David sided with them and decided to help them out since he too hated his creators.

It's honestly the most stupid of all the questions and one very retarded issue that stuck out to me from the first scenes when it was brought up in Prometheus.

>Black goo used to break down DNA and spill it into a sterile planet earth
>The DNA starts dividing and reproducing all the way from unicellular organisms, colonies of simple multicelled organisms, the cambrian explosion, vertebrates, invertebrates, fish, amphibians, synapsids, mammals all the way to modern humans
>With all the biodeversity, including plants, fungi, etc
>A process that happened naturally due to environmental pressure throughout millions of fucking years
>They created us! Or at least we believe so because of some cave paintings which might as well have been drawn by villagers high on mushrooms. They specifically engineered us, therefore we will call them "engineers"
>Their DNA is exactly the same as ours
>Even though we look different than them with different lifespan and biology
>The movie dialogue at one point literally says "don't be skeptic" at Shaw, ie the audience surrogate

Don't give me some bullshit about how humans are some end process that comes naturally for DNA or whatever, it shits over elementary biology that is taught to toddlers these days, and also the black goo is shown to break it down to its mollecular components without a trace of the engineers DNA. This movie is for irredeemable brainlets and anyone who can genuinely enjoy it should be lobotomized.

Well at least you didn't complain about them taking off their helmets

They created us because they could just like we created ""life"" because we could and they spread their DNA throughout the galaxy because they can just like humanity spreads it's DNA across the galaxy because it can.

It's sort of answered in Prometheus
>because they could

The movie has too many retarded problems for me to enumerate from my phone while at work, and I wanted to address this particular one because it's related to the thread and I almost never see it posted.

I almost never enter Prometheus threads because arguing about all the retardedness gives me an aneurysm.

This is why things need to be explained in movies.

Pretty sure Scott was aiming at a more philosophical aproach, the engineers are shown to be very advanced but also very ritualistic, they seem to regard spreading their ilk as something grand and they keep close track of their offspring.

Humanity is more chaotic in this regard as in, not even keeping record of their colonies, and synthetic life seems to be like heresy to the engineers, only a wicked son would create an abeomination as the synthetics. After watching Prometheus and Covenant it's clear that no matter how hard David tries to be human or surpass them, it will only end up being an aberration to the eyes of organic beings.

>Why did they create us then Sup Forums
to shitpost

It's still somwhat salvageable if we say that the engineer sacrifice was to create life on a new world, but that humans already developed naturally or are an off shoot of engineers or whatever.
I agree though, it definitely lacks basic science.
Still somewhat enjoyed the movie though, and Alien Covenant was great.
Still, things could've been so much better if they just brought in any random biology master's student.

I think they wanted to accelerate the terraforming process on planets rather than create life per se. There was already life present on earth before the engineers.

how do you know that?

The intro to prometheus clearly shows some bacteria in the water where the engineer fell.

Was the black goo different than the sparkly green goo?

It was just like the goo I put in your mom after you drink yo milk and go to bed.

Nevermind just watched it again, the opening landscape shots do have greenery in them though.

To me it looked like it was their way of colonizing planets and spreading their genes. There was life on earth but no humans before they came.

I haven't seen either of these two movies. Does anyone want to spoonfeed me "engineers" and "space jocky"? I think there's a new kind of white alien or something? Telling me to fuck off is acceptable as well.

To me it seemed that humanity were never the end goal, maybe they were just doing a large scale test of the goo

Although in Prometheus it is mentioned that the engineers do return and visit humanity.

My brother came up with an insane theory in that the engies were trying to discover the meaning of life but couldnt. So they seeded multiple worlds in the hope that one of them could solve it.

Almost kek'd

Ridley was too focused on the symbology of creation and "philosophical" aspect of things to include the most basic actual logic in the movie, and it shows throughout.

Why are you trying to find answers in a commercial product made only for prof-

We just have to wait for a fan recut again, like with Prometheus.

I was actually talking about Prometheus. Is there a recut? What does it fix? I found the movie to be way too flawed in the basics in the script for it to be an editing problem.

You put way too much thinking into something nobody else did. If you can't get a life, at least get some taste.

Because tjey could. It's really that simple. Prometheus already explained it. It's like poetry

>brainlets

see this word, everyone? this is manlet counter-propaganda. "lanklet" failed and so now we have "brainlet". what will they think of next?

Agent9 recut puts back most deleted scenes and cuts some of the stupidity for a better flow.

Don't remember where I torrented it though.