So now that's it's confirmed these two will end up together in suicide squad, how does that make you feel?

So now that's it's confirmed these two will end up together in suicide squad, how does that make you feel?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0JBVP3XDrga
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This was in question?

Reported for Abusive Relationship content, and no trigger warnings.

This is Sup Forums, shitlord!

Um.............wasn't this always the case??? I dont see whats new here

you mean there's some sort of relationship between harleen quinzel and this joker?

that's a laugh

Joker's the villain of Suicide Squad idiot

I don't mind. Harley's always been more interesting when she's paired up with the Joker/Poison Ivy than she is on her own anyway.

I don't care if people lose their shit because it's abusive or whatever. In the end this is just fiction and all that matters is that the characters are compelling and the audience is entertained.

>Joker's the villain of Suicide Squad idiot
>Suicide Squad
>Team of villains including Harley Quinn
What makes him an idiot again? Is it because a villain who's whole existence revolves around how much she love the Joker who is also a bad thing? Is it because he said that a person who doesn't mind people who do bad shit is going to end up with the person who does bad shit?

Why doesn't Bats just pancake Joker with some cars.

>TFW you ship will sail on the big screen and the butthurt will never end.

this is why I hate harley quinn

she works so well as a VILLAIN who loves the joker, on her own as a strong independent thing she's just irritating and you wonder why she hasn't been arrested for murder.

unfortunately her fans don't want to see harley as a villain for some reason so she has to beat up the joker and become an anti-hero once every reboot just so that her fans are happy

Hey I'm a Harleyfag and I don'y want that. Hell no. I just want good-written Harley and Harley/Ivy to be a thing. She can still be a villain as far as I'm concerned

I like Harley better when she was a cautionary tale

Well, some of the people who've seen the screening of the movie before its official release has mentioned how loyal Harley is to the joker troughout the whole thing. So I think this movie and the reception of normies, (because let's face it, only such people enjoy fucking # n.52 Harley Quinn) could change the direction the comic's been taking.
Well, it's not like it will matter anyways. With rebirth they'll have to change a few things regardless.

>and Harley/Ivy to be a thing.
That's already a thing in n.52 though. They're "girlfriend" without the commitment or jealousy, I'm afraid that's as much as you will get from the hacks that are in charge of writing her.

thank fucking christ, I just hope that normies prefer joker-harley to deadpool-harley and she can go back to not being insufferable

based ayer does it again

Oh, believe me. Normies love it.

Well since Snyder wants to be dark and edgy they should have him do Joker/Harley, he can rape and beat the shit out of her constantly.

It's not rape if she's willing, user.

Alrighty, then Snyder can really have him beat the living shit out of her.

Or she can beat him back, it has happened before user. They're dysfunctional like that.

But that's not dark and edgy enough for Snyder, I'm fairly sure his Batman lore includes Joker raping him after killing Robin.

Can't they be violent together?

Has it actually been confirmed OP? Because if I watch the movie and it turns out Will Smith keks Joker I'll be pretty annoyed with you

There's this tweet where someone confirms she's still in love with him by the end of the film but I can't seem to find it. I'll keep looking.

That's how it should be.
Harley without her abusive relationship is just another female stripper, I mean female comicbook character

Only in the newer costumes. They should go back to her animated original.

...water is wet?

Hot Topic is going to make a killing off this.

Maximum Edge.

Woooow, Harley Quinn... and Joker? Together?
You're blowing my mind, OP

There's also the recent leaks (i know, probably fake, but let's consider them for a moment) that said one of the final scenes is Joker breaking out Harley from prison as she smiles and that there's nothing between her and Deadshot other than a kiss (it didn't specify what kind of kiss, tho)

Deadshot is a family man. He has a kid, probably has a wife.

Sad she doesn't end up with Will Smith simply to watch Sup Forums & Sup Forums have a complete meltdown about the end of the white race etc.

Wait is is that Harley with joker
Praise the Lord we are finally getting a real Harley back

Dc sort of forgot that aspect of the character for a while

I agree that anti-hero Harley sucks. It doesn't suit her. She has no desire for greater justice in the world and acts through vicious means to accomplish it. I can see her as an anti-villain, which is what Ivy is as well by now, but most people can't grasp what that means.

As far as her romance with the Joker, I think writers need to see the abuse behind it. She's tragic because she keeps going back to him, even when he treats her like shit, because of her obsession.

She has enough personality to carry her own book (though she's far better when playing off a more deadpan character like Ivy) and I don't think the Joker needs to be around for her to do that. But the point is that she does love him, even when she shouldn't. It's called "Mad Love" for a reason.

Nu52 Harley wasent that bad in theory it was stupid yes but it was good at what it set out to do.

The problem was it dident auctualy need to be a Harley comic they could have easily made a new randumb character to fulfil the role and the story's would have been just as good if not better.

If it has to be Harley could you have a comprimise have joker sending her away on long jobs to get some peace and quite you get Harley's antics and she still goes home to the joker when the job is done.

This
As much as I love Harley with joker I don't auctualy mind ivy being in there somewhere to but writers are convinced they can't have both.

So are they going with that slept her way through medical school retardation for this movie.

>slept her way through medical school retardation for this movie.

>Muh super genius Harley

There's nothing wrong with that

But most likely they'll play it straight. Or, more simply, ignore how she got where she got and jumpt straight to her meeting with Joker, kinda like in Arkham Origins

She doesent have to be a genius just at least competent I know arkham is not the best mental institution but surely they should have some standards.

Ho-ray for the Doormat.

Oh for fucks sake, Mad Love showed her sleeping with a single professor.

>an anti-villain, which is what Ivy is as well by now
Yeah, but that depiction of Ivy has the exact same problem. She's still a ecoterrorist and murderer, but for some reason we're supposed to give her a pass.

Well I suppose that's not entirely true the bits where she acted as a psychiatrist needed Harley and you cant really have 2 similar psychiatrist characters running around.
Those parts were pretty great.

It was probly at it weakest with the power girl stuff I loved it but it dragged on a little to long. The miniseries was great though it lasted longer of course but it wasent getting in the way of other story's then.

If she only fucked up one test why did she not just work out where she went wrong and focus on improving that.

>As far as her romance with the Joker, I think writers need to see the abuse behind it. She's tragic because she keeps going back to him, even when he treats her like shit, because of her obsession.

We got that for years. After a time it gets really boring.

Then why give her an ongoing just have her in every 4th joker story or something.

Hell even if most of them just focus on her as a henchman it would be better then what we have.

That goes for 90% of cape comics

And one can't really say "Harley on her own doing random shit" is much more interesting
The Kesel run managed to have a solo Harley without pretending she and Joker were never a thing

The actual context doesn't make much sense if you know anything about grad level academics, but the panel would indicate that she was either working on her masters or doctorate when she slept with the professor.

That literally hasn't ever been true outside Mad Love. Her introduction to main continuity established that she was intelligent.

>Her introduction to main continuity established that she was intelligent.

Eh, not really

i agree, so just keep joker out of it in that case. like said, you can easily have a harley story without pushing joker into it. unfortunately the suicide squad comic will definitely include joker in it at some point because muh synergy.

>She's still a ecoterrorist and murderer, but for some reason we're supposed to give her a pass.
i feel like that comes out of fans, not out of the books. most modern books with ivy in them don't make her out to be a good guy. even in the current mini, she's searching for the killer who killed her co-worker because she knows that the cops are gonna pin it on her due to the circumstances surrounding it.

I know but it's still a worrying thought given how the other movies turned out.

I think it might have appeared one before though.

But yeah your right I'm probably worrying over nothing

It's not just fans, several recent stories featuring her kinda ignore that she's killed a bunch of people, even when other characters, like Batman, logically shouldn't.

This. Everybody who says "Harley only works as Joker's lackey" is ignoring all the times she operated on her own, like her ongoing or Sirens. Joker's always an active part of her life, but she can function on her own.

Her ongoing, for instance, was all about her unhealthy relationship with idealized love wrapped up in her feelings of regret and self-delusion.

The real problem is that the new Harley books don't deal with of that. They're just throwaway memester shit.

Did anyone do a close-up of that skull tattoo guy behind woll smith in the 4th panel? Looks ripe for memes or a good reaction.

Her current solo is explicitly a comedy book with a tenuous, at best, connection to greater continuity. Comparing it to her prior solo isn't really applicable.

Harley being with the Joker isn't an aspect of her character. It's her fucking origin story. DC didn't forget it, they just wanted her to be a character separate from him for a while.

Wait coveted position I thought arkham was a shithole why would a lot of people want to work there.

I guess it does have the most interesting patients

Still if there so wanted then they must have the very best applying for jobs so why does nobody get cured do the best always get overlooked by whoever is in charge of employment there.

>>
Got any pages where she actually demonstrates her intelligence, or just other people insisting that she is?

Harley is shit guys, adding to that why was she paired with Ivy again because they were friends in the cartoon?

I guess i should elaborate. Point is that Harley has often been depicted as dishonest in her profession. When you read Mad Love i don't think you're supposed to get "lol, she's a dumb bitch because she slept with a prof", you're supposed to get that she's willing to do anything to succeed and get where she wants

So yeah, the Kesel run for example retconned the sex, but replaced it with Harley doing weird experiments with her bf for the same of proving a try-hard theory about how love and chaos are connected, and after still threatened that professor to help her get to Arkham and meet Joker

Maybe she's not an idiot, but she certainly isn't a trustworthy psychiatrist. If she was that'd make the way she fell for Joker's charm kinda weird, wouldn't it?

Are you.obsessed with Snyder or somethong user? He has nothing to do with this movie.

Movies are all they have, dude.

What's with all these fucking baits lately, everytime someone says anything bad about DC there's an idiot replying "go read squirrelgirl and angela xD"

Why are people mad that joler x harley is an abusive relationship? It's not like they're meant to be role models or is that what some mentally ill individuals believe?

I don't get it either. Harley being an emotionally stunted abused womanchild has always been the core of her character. That's what people liked about her before neo-harley became deadpool as a pinup girl

Manchildren and womanchildren are pretty representative of today's young adults. Due to having to study for many more years to even have a chance at getting a decent job unlike in the past they're stuck in a teenager mentality even when they're mid 20s.

Does anyone know how much screen time joker has?

Good written harley? Thats a laugh.

>
>The real problem is that the new Harley books don't deal with of that. They're just throwaway memester shit.
The nice thing of it all is that she always returned to the Joker. Now the shit they got going for her with the "I'm over you! I'm my own woman! Hear me roar!!" is completely pandering and idiotic considering her entire character. Harley without Joker ain't Harley. Simple as that.

You know it's possible right?. Paul Dini, Tom Taylor, Karl Kesel, Tim Seeley, A.J Liberman, Sean Ryan proved that

Too much.

I always liked Harley and Ivy as friends who occasionally fuck. The whole lol tru love shit would only fuck the whole dynamic up.

According to twitter, Paul Dini will keep writing Harley but he's not so into JokerxHarley anymore

I left movies behind. Now its all about audio dramas made by people who understand better the characters

vocaroo.com/i/s0JBVP3XDrga

He said that he'll be writing Harley in smaller things. He didn't specified if he meant the JL Action show of comics even though I asked him if he meant comics.

He was never that into HarleyxJoker in the first place. I mean, he's the guy who wrote Harley & Ivy sleeping in the same bed, also this

OR comics*

Yeah, he also wrote her always coming back to him and suffering like a dying dog when ivy was about to kiss the Joker in your pic related

Harley/Ivy being a thing is not the point. The point is that Dini was never so into HarleyxJoker like user thought, he always entertained the idea of Harley being separated of the Joker, like many of his books can show

Beautiful...simply beautiful.

>Now go rape the Joker.

Separated, yes, yet he always made her go back to him. Why?

Because status quo or I dunno, the fact is that Dini was never so into it and now he sees independent Harley as a good thing, as this Dini quote can say

>I'm happy to see her break away from the Joker. When I had been writing her in "Gotham City Sirens" and a few other places I was moving her farther away from that, where she'd still have moments of, "Does he like me or not? Should I go back to him or not?" And maybe that'll always be a smaller element of her character, but I think of her now as more of a super screwball who's just out doing what she does, she loves completely and totally whatever she loves, but then moves on the same way. She does have the sort of manic quality to her but there's an innocence to her that a lot of people respond to, and that's especially apparent in all the cosplayers. They're not doing the mean version of her, they're doing the more funny, upbeat, or their own interpretations of her.

go back to tumblr you literal faggot

I think Dini is just trying to appeal to the leftist fans by giving this statement. You see, I believe actions speak louder than words and he wrote two
wo

stories of Harley breaking free from the joker just go back to him once he showed some appreciation to her, even if it meant backstabbing her friends.
I believe it once, but twice? the same process all over again?
>I was moving her farther away from that,
Yeah sure. Pic very related.

That shit wasn't by Dini, my man. Dini left Sirens at issue #12. That image is by Peter Galloway

s-shit.
it's time to do some re-reading then!
Harley quinn still happened though.

Image by Templeton & Sloot, not Dini. Batman: Harley Quinn still has her NOT betraying her friends. Pic is by Dini

Will Smith is pretty white though desu.

>Has he called?!
So over him!

and d'aaaw, he also wrote this!
cute.

My man is like you misread the quote. Dini clearly says that when he wrote Harley she still has those moments where she ask herself or act like "Does he like me or not? Should I go back to him or not?". Re-read the quote again and see how he's right. When he refers to Harley over the Joker he refer to actual Harley, today Harley

Today's Harley stopped being a property of him my dude. She's been completely stripped of what made her the loveable character she was before n52.

Well, he's also said he's got nothing against the joker and Harley and if he were to write them he'd do it as equals. I'm all up for it tbqh with you familia.

>Today's Harley stopped being a property of him my dude

He ain't talking about Harley as his property, but rather how he sees Harley today, his OPINION on the character, my man is like you want to be outraged

You're right my man. It's his opinion in regards of the current Harley.
But as I said, I think he's pandering to the more conservative media by giving this statement, the one that wants to see an independant woman who don't need no man. It surprises me he'd say he wanted to keep the Harley farther away from that and then come up with stuff like pic related. That's more than just a smaller element of her. It's what makes the character what she is, and without it I can't consider her Harley Quinn.
Anyways, I'm just glad suicide squad is taking the jxhq route

I dunno if it's pandering or just being him. Because you can see that even in Mad Love or Batman: Harley Quinn you could see him writing Harley as wanting to move way from the Joker, and as the years progressed he made the move more and more like in the Harley & Ivy mini, then when he took over Batman, Detective Comics, Streets of Gotham and then in Sirens when you see Harley father away from J. Of course that Dini is going to write scenes like your pic, because he knows what's the core of the character and he always will. He statement of "being happy of seeing Harley being away from the Joker" it's true in itself when you compare his Harley writing over the years

You clearly know a lot about this my man, I respect it a whole lot. Tell you what, I'll read all what Dini has written for Batman so far and I'll reach my own conclusions once I'm done.

Thank you for the good talk. It was nice senpai.