Rebirth

Rebirth

Other urls found in this thread:

cielodrive.com/updates/william-billy-doyle-interviewed-by-lapd-lt-earl-deemer-83069-part-one/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I haven't comics for years. Did DC dump nu52 for another reboot?

Only kinda. They are slotting in a lot of pre new 52 stuff.

Cam some please post the whole thing already

It feels like they're trying to bring back the entire Post Crisis continuity at the expense of nu52 which is fine with me, might piss off the newfags that got into DC with 52 though.

C U T E
U
T
E

They're claiming now New 52 was never a reboot, Dr. Manhattan just made everyone think it was.

>manually scanning 80 pages

This was officially released by DC. We've only had like two leaked pages.

zero hour 2.0

I stopped reading DC not long after nu52. I think I'm ready to pick up a comic again, now that their getting rid of all the horse shit.

>you can see Barry has a belly button through his suit

New 52 was a bad idea anyways. All it did was set up properties for movie adaptations, if you look at things like Lobo or Curse of Shazam (latter of which is okayish but not the best Cap story out there)

And it's only adding stuff, not removing. It's a brand new world. It's really hard for me to see why nu52fags would have a "not muh" problem with it.

has there ever been a fandom that didn't have a "not muh" problem?

they killed 52 Superman, that might tick off all 6 of his fans

>It feels like they're trying to bring back the entire Post Crisis continuity at the expense of nu52

Wrong. New 52 still happened and is continuing to happen

The reveal that black Wally isn't the new52 incarnation of white Wally just another relative named for the same guy is such bullshit I kind of love it

Family members can have the same name. It happens

they're smooshing them together, that sort of invalidates 52

wait really?

that's the best they came up with?

This kind of nonsense is why I read comics

best DC retcon since kryptonite poisoning

They aren't smoshing anything together yet. All we know is that the charters still feel relationships that were lost but only Superman and Wally remember the pre flashpoint universe. This may change in the event that 2 years down the road but not yet

another one of geoff johns ideas (for Gates supergirl arc)

>that's the best they came up with?

It keeps it clean

oh, I thought a lot more were coming back than just them, isn't post crisis Batman supposed to come back as well at some point?

ain't that clean, have him go by his middle name or something from now on.

This Batman is post crisis Batman. Manhattan has been playing around with time. Like I said more may come back but right now all we have is Wally and Superman. A good way to get Batman back is to bring up the fact that he still has the letter from Flashpoint Thomas Wayne in the Batcave

>cass is gone
>52 event coming up
>crime bible mini
>they're out to find the chosen murderer
>twice-named daughter of cain
they say it, like that, repeatedly
>cassandra cain? batgirl?
no!
Katherine Kane

fucking....hate these HATE! this shit

True.

Neh, it isn't.

Ray Palmer's been given his Post-Crisis history again. Blue Beetle's been given his Post-Crisis history again. It stands to reason that they're bringing Post-Crisis continuity back with the New 52 stories being reworked to accomodate that.

Also, it's literally Post-Crisis continuity according to what the leaks say.

Has this been leaked already?

So he just doesn't remember anything about his post crisis life?

That seems oddly confusing, I like your idea though.

They could have at least used Betty

That's stupid.

It's both. New 52 continuity is post crisis continuity with bits of post crisis ripped out or changed. There's not going to be a snap back to Post crisis continuity and the rebirth stories are still building from New 52 continuity

>So he just doesn't remember anything about his post crisis life?

Yeah he doesn't remember but he feels it and figures out that something is wrong. None of them know it was Manhattan

Who else will they fix by declaring New 52 to be the work of aliens?

huh, it's gonna be real weird for Superman to feel like an outsider around his BFF

The Justice Society is back.

Kyle

Yeah, that's actually a plot point in the solicit for the next Justice League arc

I hope we get to see Batman and Superman get real emotional when he gets his memories back

>I could never forget you
>except for all the time I did

Also can't wait for the majority of the books to fail and sell poorly and see which stupid gimmick DC invents next time

really big shoes universe

Well you're a cunt

What was the last thing Bruce and Clark did together before Flashpoint? Did they have a story after Final Crisis?

But can you tell if he's circumcised?

Will they fix The Main Man?

he's got a bulge

Public Enemies came out after Final Crisis I think

Didn't they go on that big adventure to try and remove all the Kryptonite from Earth because it became so cheap that any moron on the street could buy some and then think they can take on Superman?

I once met a guy at a wedding who named his son Logan, after Wolverine. And six months after Logan was born, he had a cousin born who was also named Logan after Wolverine. That was an interesting wedding.

>Dr. Manhattan just made everyone think it was
Since when was Dr. Manhattan in this shit?

oh you didn't know?

he's the hand at the beginning of time in the DCU now, he made 52 as an experiment

Since Wednesday. He's already changing the universe from a future issue. And people say he's a bad choice

Since that's the twist? It's not like DC can't use him.

user...

Fun fact: I have an older half-brother from a relationship my father had with another woman before he met my mother. They were both broadly a part of the same social circle and had some close friends in common, but didn't know each other. In particular there was a guy named David who was like a brother to my father and a close friend to both women. They both named their sons - my brother and I - David, and when my brother and I became aware of each other's existence, it was pretty amusing to both of us.

(And before anyone jumps to the obvious conclusion based upon this limited information, neither my brother nor I resemble David in any way but both closely resemble our father. This having been said, David's wife had a son who looks almost exactly like us, including eye colouration which we and our father have but which David and his wife lack, so... tangled webs)

We don't know what he did yet

we don't know what he did yet so far

Isn't this the plot of Metal Gear Solid?

I could have sworn that was established as being Alexander Luthor at around the time of Infinite Crisis.

>Non-affirmative action Wally West is back
>It's Kid Flash Wally, the most boring phase of the character
Dammit, it just means another five years of waiting for him to be cool again.

I knew a guy who didn't know that the man who raised him since birth wasn't really his father.

Mom cheated and got knocked up once, they never said anything about it to anyone.

She didn't tell him until his "dad" had been dead for like three years and he was 29.

not no more, new multiverse, which begs the question, why hasn't Manhattan stepped in to stop Anti-Monitor?

It's common for Hispanic women to all have the same first name but different middle names. As a result they all go by their middle name with family but first name in public. That's why when you first get the go-ahead to call a Hispanic girl by her middle name it's like leveling up!

Also in Applachia there's lots and lots of family members with THE EXACT SAME NAME! No middle name difference at all! This is why in Applachia everyone has such weird nicknames like, Slick, Stretch, Bubba, Curly Top, etc. Since everyone has the same name you need some nickname to differentiate all the people.

He is. He has no evidence that the and is Manhattans other than it being blue sometimes

>It's really hard for me to see why nu52fags would have a "not muh" problem with it
Well there is the fact that New 52 Superman is getting killed off to accommodate the return of the "one true Superman."

I've actually never played that series, so I wouldn't know. Though if it is, I wonder how far the parallels go. I know for a while in the 1960s my father was briefly a part of a mercenary company before becoming a small-time drug kingpin. One of his pushers was even briefly a suspect in the Charles Manson killings: cielodrive.com/updates/william-billy-doyle-interviewed-by-lapd-lt-earl-deemer-83069-part-one/

The Superman that has survived every single reboot you mean.

You just can't kill that guy

It's a recurring pattern. The true hand is the metaphorical hand of the reader/the empty hand. In story, thought, it has been interpretated as the anti monitor, Alexander Luthor Jr, The source, The presence, Manhattan, etc. Several people have been the hand, but they are all based on the same archetype that exists outside the comic.

>I know for a while in the 1960s my father was briefly a part of a mercenary company

SNAAAKKKKKKEEEE

He remembers his pre-52 life so it's just Wally slightly de-aged to fit with the rest of the Titans.

Let me get this straight. Johns justified multiple versions of supergirl by saying it was the same person, who was under the effects of Kryptonite poisoning?

I hope the Flash book doesn't sell shit an the Wally one does well

When does this shit start again?

>DC wastes more time about telling stories about stories and metameme than actually having good stories

It was the same Supergirl, she was just weird pre-Gates so they wrote the weird shit out.

Both of these were before FC
Public Enemies was the first Superman/Batman arc, and the Search for Kryptonite arc was a few years before FC.

Did Superman/Batman end with Dick as Batman?

user, your father might literally be Big Boss.

52 came around when Batman Inc was getting started so yeah probably

Not multiple versions of her.

Just her being written inconsistent and unlikable.

poisoning and drugs seems to be a recurrent theme with Johns.

mentally he is pre-Flashpoint, just physically deaged

With a wife, two children and a family? Wow, I knew Wally was fast but not that fast!

DC has loads of good stories. this meme needs to end

You keep posting this, Mouseketeer, and yet it's demonstrably untrue. If you had a passing knowledge of comic books you'd know this.

Maybe you'd prefer it if DC talked a little more about pronouns like based Marvel?

Yeah, he actually remembers Linda and the kids. He's just in an old costume when he breaks free of the Speed Force because "Manhattan stole ten years from everyone's life"

then what the hell is Damian doing running around?

The ten years aren't consecutive.

Just like when the Nu52 started in the first place, everyone's continuity is missing in chunks, like how all the Robins are closer together in age than they should be.

Manhattan didn't just take a big junk he took bits and pieces. So some people got more of their life than others. Johns fixed all the continuity errors in the New 52 in one clean swoop

This was the last S/B arc before Flashpoint, the costume makes me think it's Dick, Clark hasn't seen his BFF in years

nu52 is just 1 long shitty event and rebirth is a course correction to this 1 long ongoing shitty event

That page brings a tear to my eye.

I bet Johns will excuse Barry specifically destroying his entire family too.

> manhattan especially destroyed flashfamily because they made barry strong
> flashfam is gone because they were bringing hope and ~optimism~ to DCU

Should I start DC comics at Rebirth? Which comic should I start on?

Batman, Wonder Woman, Justice League, Superman and Blue Beetle

If you want yeah, it's a jump on point

And it depends on what you're interested in I guess. Some books look more obviously ok than others though.

Rebirth

So was it ever really explained why Pandora helped Barry create the post-Flashpoint universe, or was that just random bullshit thrown in at the last minute to keep people speculating?

>Justice League, Superman

These will both be bad

>Jimmy Olsen's cousin Jimmy Olsen

Who is writing Justice League now anyway?

Hitch

Okay, no, seriously guys, I haven't played any of these games and only have the most marginal knowledge of what they're about. Can someone clue me in as to how these parallels work? I'm genuinely curious now.