ITT: Sup Forums things people only enjoy out of nostalgia

ITT: Sup Forums things people only enjoy out of nostalgia

Wut? It's a decent film given the source material, with a fairly great attention to detail and dedication to actually appease the fans rather than do hollywoods own thing.

>t. milennial

>not liking based turtles
WOAH, SOMEBODY GET THIS HOTHEAD OUTTA HERE, HIS SHITTASTE IS STINKIN UP THE SEWERS EVEN MORE SO

Dude, it's from 1990. Time to take off the man-baby goggles.

It's Raph!

A little TOO Raph!

Milennials refer to everyone born after 1982 according to the man who invented the term. An 8 year old in 1990 would be the perfect age for this movie.

Born Dec 1981... Too young for gen x, too old for millennial...a man without a country

Why does Sup Forums embody this le current year mentality to where ANYTHING made before 2007 is just attributed to nostalgia?

>it's from 1990
This is the only argument you've attempted to make as to why it's a bad movie.

That's the only argument Sup Forums needs.
Don't forget this place epitomizes old = bad and on the wrong side of history

Is nostalgia a meme?

there's a ton of bad turtles material out there. I'm fond of the old 80s cartoon but it isn't exactly fine art. The original live action movie also isn't fine art but it's a decent adaptation and a fine movie by any sane standard.

Uh, OP is doing that. Literally just OP right now.

>Im a shitposting kid with no perspective the thread

WAY too fucking cheesy
Hamfisted, predictable it was basically a watered down Saturday morning cartoon

lol i saw you in the Sup Forums turtles thread

Ask Buzzfeed

Get the fuck off this board

This one is true, TMNT is in every way enjoyable as an adult...Spider-Man, is not

Goggles. Off. Now.

Name one thing bad about the movie? It's one of the greatest comic book movies ever made, up there with Batman '89 and The Crow

Sorry you're a pissbaby in the age of CGI Disney flicks masquerading as comic book movies

>Name one thing bad about the movie?

Bad fight scenes
NO utrom / Triceritons / Karai / Alopex
Poor special effects because of age
April is too old
Shredder doesn't even wear armor and/or isn't an Utrom
Turtles talk like idiots

Now justify why this movie is 'good'

>way too fucking cheesy
That was half of the appeal. Spiderman endures over Daredevil precisely because it never tried to be dark or edgy. It was a comic book film.

This is why I hate the new movies.

I don't know what decade you grew up in...the 50s? 60s?

"it was a comic book movie"

What comic books were you reading? I just assume most people on this board grew up in the 80s or 90s

Alright I'm not going to respond to anything you just said.

New turtles fans are gay.

Untrue, OP. My 3-year-old niece ADORES this film and the corresponding series. I didn't even introduce her to it.

Grew up in? The 90's.

But I read a lot of older comics growing up.

Even putting that aside Spiderman was a very different movie then what we view as "superhero" movies now. Almost none of the non-spiderman dialogue is snarky bullshit, for instance.

>can't address a single one of his points
>ur gay

Pork Rind?

Pork Rind

>Spiderman is bad
>turtles holds up
Your bias Is showing

>Implying "Cheese=bad"

PLEBSCUM

>Bad fight scenes
How so?

>NO utrom / Triceritons / Karai / Alopex
You can't cram too much shit into a movie, it'll be a fucking mess.

>Poor special effects because of age
So by that logic, ALL old movies suck.

>Shredder doesn't even wear armor and/or isn't an Utrom
Shredder looks pretty close to the original comic Shredder.

>Turtles talk like idiots
Can't say you're right or wrong on this on e to be honest.

It was kinda tough to watch this recently. The fights felt really limp, like no physical contact was being made at all, even right up to the final confrontation with Shredder. Who would have been absolutely nothing without that voice. Not to mention how the Foot Clan are introduced and built up. It's like Oliver Twist with ninjas and extreme sports thrown in. I'm not going to shit on it for knowing its audience. It was fun when I was a kid. But as an adult, it's just a goofy trip down memory lane. And I feel like now I can never revisit it because it will always seem less cool.

>TEENAGE mutant ninja turtles
>talking like idiots
Go figure.

Anyone excited for the new TMNT game out today?

I should be.
I like the Turtles, and I like Platinum, but watching a preview of it kind of put me off. I'm sure the combat is fun as always, but the characters and plot seem like they'll be rather flimsy.

>Cheesy
Well yeah, are you fucking reading the entire series?

They are mutant turtles who eat pizza and are Ninjas.

Are you expecting fucking Frank Miller writing or something?

>implying

>Almost none of the non-spiderman dialogue is snarky bullshit, for instance.
And that's what Spider-Man does in comics....see the issue? I don't mind people enjoying the Raimi movies when I don't, but don't use the "ITS A COMIC BOOK MOVIE" excuse for the corniness of it all

i am!
i hope its good!

Way to not see my point.

I said that the non-spiderman dialogue isn't snarky bullshit.

I really liked this movie. Sequel was good as well, even though the ending was a tease. Third one didn't make any sense and sucked. Didn't watch TMNT. Reboot was okay at best. Hyped for the next one, though.

"NOTHING MADE BEFORE THE YEAR I ARBITRARILY DESIGNATE AS THE STARTING POINT OF QUALITY (MY CHILDHOOD IN THE YEAR 2000) IS OF ANY QUALITY BEYOND YOUR MAN BABY NOSTALIGA. ALSO KILL ALL WHITE MEN IT'S 2016 AFTER ALL." -Sup Forumsmblr

>don't use the "ITS A COMIC BOOK MOVIE" excuse for the corniness of it all
But I will, because the corniness is INTENTIONAL and entirely fitting with a lot of the source material (basically anything Spidey before 1990).

The association with Sup Forumsmblr seems entirely unnecessary. Not everybody who disagrees with you on a particular topic that has nothing to do with SJWs is a SJW.
Not every right-winger is a nostalgiafag either.

brother recently went through cancer, wasn't expecting all the this feels from the raphael and leo scenes.

SJW actually demonize everything made before le current year as being backwards and on the wrong side of history, the comparison to Sup Forums is utterly proper.

BAAAAAAAABIES!

This is legitimately one of the best comic book movies ever made.

Sup Forums has no legit comprehension of what the term classic means. If it's not from within the last five years it's complete outdated shit not worth a trendy hip youngster's time.
You'll notice this extends to everything Sup Forums tries to partake it across mediums other than comics too, how they only know whatever the hottest new anime is on tumblr (JoJo and My Autism Academia) but piss on and moan about anything older, how Call of Duty is superior to the original Doom or Duke 3D, etc

I wouldn't say TMNT is a bad movie at all. I don't know if I agree with the final Shredder battle being 10 seconds long, but it's pretty good otherwise. I prefer the CG 2007 one if only for the fight between Leo and Raph, but this one is probably a close second.

Honestly, I love Ninja Turtles and I thought those movies were good, but as a whole I think movies have historically been the weakest medium for TMNT.

This 100%. I hate Tobey Maguire as an actor and even more as Spiderman. Still, JK Simmons as JJJ and Willem Dafoe as Green Goblin were perfect casting decisions. Honestly, even after Civil War, I still think Andrew Garfield is the best Spiderman

>Shredder ... isn't an Utrom
you are aware he was only an Utrom in the 2003 series right? made 13 years after the movie?

fun fact: it's an indie movie. a lot people don't realize that and in fact it was the highest grossing indie film until Pulp Fiction

>admitting he goes to Sup Forums
What the fuck is wrong with you?

I have tons of nostalgia for the 1987 cartoon, but can't watch it and think it's pretty much a piece of shit outside of the theme song (the 2003 cartoon is vastly superior to the 1987 cartoon of my childhood, and the 2012 cartoon is meh).

This movie, though, I legitimately still enjoy as an adult even though it's old as balls and from my childhood. But if it's just nostalgia, then why do I like this movie but hate the cartoon that I have a lot more nostalgia for? The only answer to that is that it's obviously not just nostalgia that makes me like it.

Because Sup Forums is full of literal children eager to dismiss everything created before they started consuming media.

Step up to the bar, boys!

And next time I'll use mustard!

Yo, Mikey! Toss me a ninja slice!

I enjoy it because I enjoy fun, light-hearted things and I love traditional effects in movies.

>forcing all that in the first movie

Yeah!

my mind always puts a second "yeah" after that

>Bad fight scenes
Considering the weight of the suits, the fighting they could do was pretty impressive. In addition to being limited by how much they could physically move, they also weren't allowed to use their weapons much due to ratings standards and the studio wanting to keep it relatively family friendly.

Throwing all that out in an origin movie would make it a convoluted mess.

>Poor special effects because of age
It was mostly practical effects with a budget of 13 million. There are movies made now with higher budgets and crappier effects.

>April is too old
Judith Hoag, who played April, was 22 at the time. She only looked older because late 80s fashion made everyone look older.

>Shredder doesn't even wear armor and/or isn't an Utrom
He was only an Utrom in one series, and not the original one, and his outfit in the movie is nearly identical to what he wore in the original comic.

>Turtles talk like idiots
The slang they used was very common in the late 80s and early 90s. In 10 years time, kids will think most slang used now is old.

As for why it's good, it was very faithful to it's source material, with a few exceptions, that were generally seen as acceptable changes. It had some great humor, and didn't feel like it was just trying to cash in on a popular franchise.
It's not a perfect movie, and it has some cringey moments and some very notable flaws, but it is still enjoyable, and the best live action version of the turtles to date.

Let me tell y'all, y'all niggas is dumb. Real dumb.

The first Ninja turtles film had next to no budget, keep that in mind. With that firmly in your mind, it's all but a dead-on retelling to the first and second Shredder arcs from the original comics, but with different personalities. The scenes are pulled from the comics, sometimes SHOT for SHOT. Them going to the farm to hide out after getting their asses beat? Second shredder arc. Them training using their masks turned to the side so they can't see out in the field? Second shredder arc. The turtles fighting Shredder on the top of a building? First AND second Shredder arc. Leonardo going toe to toe with Shredder and being the only one to stand a chance in a one-on-one? You better BELIEVE second Shredder arc.

You faggots are like "fuck this movie" but I would wager it's one of the most true-to-its-source-material movies of all TIME. Second one is meh, third one is garbage. But if you don't like the first turtles film, you don't like the Ninja Turtles. That's a motherfucking FACT.

I fell for the bait. Get fucked, OP.

Upset nostalgiafags always good for a laugh

>People only like it because nostalgia
>that's not true, here are all these reasons as to why it is actually a good comic book movie
>You only like it because of nostalgia

You don't have an arguement, therefore, I believe that you are baiting, as previously mentioned.

Suck a dick, chump.

Anyone who can look at those sock puppet costumes and claim they prefer those to the 2003 2012 or IDW versions is the definition of a nostalgiafag.

>Sock Puppet
>Dissing Jim Henson
GET THE FUCK OUT

>anyone who disagrees with my shitty opinion only does so because nostalgia

Nice ad hominem, OP

>DA SHREDDUH?

It also had a fucking badass Casey Jones

I don't think anyone has ever said they prefer these costumes to any cartoon or comic version of the turtles.

You won't find anyone arguing that point against you.

You guys are even worse than James Rolfe in regards to not being able to separate your nostalgia from objectivity.

I hated tons of cartoons growing up

You need an argument why it's bad. Dumb action, cheesy face animatronics, poor acting, a ludicrous idiotic plot, dumb bad guys, a villain who's basically a clown in a purple sequin blouse, a stupid climax wherein a puppet takes down the purple pri ce of ninjutsu using the ole YOINK got a technique.
And this is from a man who loves that movie I love it with all my heart and soul. But it's fucking dumb. Its a bad movie...its just not as shifty as the two that came after it. I loved it because I'm so nostalgic about it and it makes me feel like the 9 year old I was when it came out

I think you are confusing TMNT II with TMNT I

don't pretend like you speak for me.

Go back to Sup Forums and Sup Forums. Seriously.

Make me you whiny sopping vagina.

Today I will remind you.

Nostalgia and pretty top-tier sequels/movies, in this case.

I've seen some who glorify an ancient time before gender existed and where everyone was happy.

>It's good because it's old
>le wrong generation

fuck off