Was just looking for the thread, thank you desu

Is this seriously the last thread?
Last post was 20 hours ago
what the fuck happened?

RIP Tom

No it was

oh that makes much more sense
When I searched the archive, the other thread showed up at the top though

>the first thing moffat does is create cracks in time that make everyone forget the rtd era

>tfw no Roger Moore Doctor

>yfw chibbers retcons the moff era in the same way

GOD TIER
Extremis
Oxygen

Great Tier
The Pilot
Thin Ice

Good Tier
Smile
Knock Knock

GOAT OUTFIT

Is that a little person in a hazmat suit behind him?

haha what the fuck it is

Decent tier
Oxygen

Mostly Passable tier
Extremis
Thin Ice
Knock Knock

Unapologetic shit tier
The Pilot
Smile

>oxygen above extremis
stopped reading there

>Smile as unapologetic shit ranked lower than Thin Ice
stopped reading there

when will people admit the tennant era was the worst era of doctor who?

Great:
Extremis
Oxygen

Good:
Smile

Okay:
Knock Knock

Bad:
The Pilot

Shit:
Thin Ice

>legitimately enjoying a 5-minute long "this is the setting" segment stretched over 45
>legitimately enjoying nardole breaking his character type to overstep his bounds against bill
>legitimately enjoying the random "hurr i can send emails to my real self" twist because space magic
>legitimately enjoying random one-off alien species who somehow have authority over the doctor and missy

but yeah sure, extremis is way better than oxygen

>implying Oxygen was anything other than setup to "the doctor is blind"

>nardole breaking his character type to overstep his bounds against bill
Do you honestly believe nardole going "up up up up" and going stern when he was getting ignored is breaking character?

>legitimately enjoying nardole breaking his character type to overstep his bounds against bill
Did you not watch Series 10? It wasn't ooc at all.

>legitimately enjoying the random "hurr i can send emails to my real self" twist because space magic

>emails
>space magic

>legitimately enjoying a 5-minute long "this is the setting" segment stretched over 45

And yet other complained too much was crammed into the episode, and it should've been over 2 episodes

He's not overstepping his bounds, he has a job to do (even tho we're not quite sure what that "job" is yet

The VR was too 'realistic', explained in the episode

>legitimately enjoying random one-off alien species who somehow have authority over the doctor and missy

I think you must have missed the bit when they all ran away terrified

>smile that high
stopped reading there

At least Oxygen was an actual story with an actual plot, despite the poorly shoe-horned ending line. Extremis was a poor excuse for build-up to the next episode.

It was OOC, since Nardole is notoriously cowardly in all ways except for his job to discipline the Doctor.

Also, yes, being able to send emails to effectively another universe with his sonic sunglasses is space magic. Let's not pretend anyone writes the sonic devices with any degree of internal consistency. Remember "doesn't do deadlocks or wood"?

>space magic
This is Doctor Who, >50% of the plot relies on space magic.

>And yet other complained too much was crammed into the episode, and it should've been over 2 episodes

Because there was so much unnecessary padding that it felt disjointed and rushed.

>The VR was too 'realistic', explained in the episode

Bullshit. You can't send emails to another universe.

>I think you must have missed the bit when they all ran away terrified

Because the fact they ran away totally explains who the hell they were or why they were there or how they got the Doctor to be there at all

This does not stop me from being indignant about it not making sense on internet forums

>implying that I said Oxygen was perfect

>Having the Doctor find a solution and hold back on revealing it (even though it's blindingly obvious what he's doing from the outset) just so he can do a rerun of the end of Mummy on the Orient Express

Oxygen a shit

>Bullshit. You can't send emails to another universe.

How do you know?

Is it just me or Cappaldi ended up lacking something? Quality is consistent and all but the episodes just feel mechanic and unmemorable mostly.

Kind of like the last 6 episodes of the Ponds.
Not really many memorable characters or moments on his run, no objective...

Only good thing about it seems to be Missy and even her is not as good as the previous Master.

Is it just me or have anyone else noticed this?

Is this you?
youtu.be/2zN6THeKNvw

You got me

That's an asinine argument, once you start asking "how do you know that this random plot device is impossible?" it completely devalues what it means to have internal consistency to begin with.

>being this emotionally invested in a cartoon
literally made me lol out loud

You can send emails across the ends of the earth. Why couldn't you send one even further? Doesn't seem very unrealistic to me.

>why can't you send an email to another dimension

>time lord technology

The doctor breaking the simulation sandbox can only be some highly technical alien computer fuckery.
It's better they skipped the technobabble on that .

The Truth Monks could get into their own simulation. So there's a way for stuff to get out too

>space magic

gotcha

Time Lord technology isn't this get out of jail free card that you seem to think it is. As with all plot devices, Time Lord technology is advanced, but it has to be explained first. Otherwise you get a situation like this, which is effectively a deus ex machina.

>computer simulations are another dimension

Yeah, computer programs can and do break sandboxes and other security restrictions placed on them.

youtube.com/watch?v=82iKEIcHVgk
>How do you know? do you know? do you? know?

I'm being honest there.

Good tier

The Pilot

Okay tier
Extremis
Oxygen
Knock Knock

Meh Tier

Thin Ice
Smile

>Because there was so much unnecessary padding

I agree with this. The whole pope thing was unnecessary and it was pretty much only used to make that gay joke about "not bringing the pope to her room".

CERN was not only wasted but shows the simulation was shit. On which world would scientists consider any "truth" from the church to have any scientific value and would settle with just the shadow test to blow themselves up?

I mean it was fun but it makes no sense... none of it.

You're in the bar and this guy comes along and kicks your girlfriend's arse.
What do you do?

I agree, matey. I see that these episodes are ok, like safe bets for a Doctor Who episodes, but they are so unenergetic and so unmemorable it hurts.

Definitely agree. A bizarre story and it feels childishly written at best.

Steven Moffat loves to shoehorn awkward situations for the sake of some truly biting comedy, doesn't he?

I believe that this is because Steven Moffat didn't realize how to write the Doctor due to his role as Malcolm Tucker in his other show.

Season 8 was primarily "haha look at the grumpy old man", and it took a while before Peter's acting even had a chance to inform Moffat's writing.

For me it's dissapointing that in Moff's era side characters exist only for the gags and throaway jokes. Like, blue guy from Oxygen is there literally just to deliver racism joke. Joke is good, but character itself is nothing.

We've had characters that are obviously made as comic reliefs before, but they had their own goals and life too. Like Craig. Like Charles Dickens. Like Cat people from Gridlock.

>even her is not as good as the previous Master.
simmchads OUT

they're too blinded by nostalgia

you're too blinded by contrarianism

i assume some of the people in the comments telling him to die are /who/res? pretty shameful desu, while his video is hilarious it's not okay to harass him like that

I think the quality is great but the tone is very inconsistent. His 3 seasons feel like 3 seasons of completely different shows each.

I'm enjoying this series, but there's not been any big 'wow' moments for me yet.

Looking back at series 9, I remember the internet going wild after Capaldi's guitar entrance in TMA (yeah some hated it but many loved it). Same after the Zygon 2 parter. Then, after Heaven Sent all the rave reviews etc. Nothing has quite hit these heights in series 11 imho, well not yet anyway.

>Season 8 was primarily "haha look at the grumpy old man",
But the Doctor was always a grumpy old man

bs. capaldi has some of the most creative nuwho episodes.

It's totally subjective, but I'm talking not really about the concepts or ideas, but rather about moments and scenes. So far series 10 is really bland.

And so is Garfield. A simple description of their core character traits does not make any allusion to the quality of writing.

Also, I wouldn't consider Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Paul McGann, David Tennant or Matt Smith to be "grumpy old men".

Agreed

But smile is too high

>implying tom baker wasn't a grumpy old man

>Matt Smith to be "grumpy old men".
He wasn't grumpy but he pulled off the whole old man thing pretty well for someone his age

>totally missing the point of my reply

Just watched Extremis

>it's "doctor is so well known and so fearsome that enemies shit themselves and run away when he says one word episode AGAIN"
How do people defend this? It was cool in Eleventh Hour, it was fantastic in Pandorica, and it is fantastic twice, because we later learn that it didn't really work this time.

But Moffat keeps writing this exact scene over and over.

It honestly wouldn't even be so egregious if he at least added some flavour to it or reserved it for significant events. This was barely even an event. It was a random side-species which was largely ineffectual because we have no fucking clue who these random people are or any indication as to how "powerful" they might be.

I'm not really a Doctor Who fan, but from what I've seen of the old and new stuff, I think my favorite is the Jelly Baby Man.

That's because you have good taste.

But I kinda like this sort of scene, however often it's repeated. Always do an 'air' punch' afterwards.

Maybe I'm a pleb? Yikes!

This scene really is cheapened every time it's repeated. And it wasn't even epic or something, these guys running away was just silly/

That's OK, he's everyone's favourite.

Yeah maybe, but it was fun.

I'm usually the one rooting for fun when everyone else declares "b-but the costume looks unrealistic" Maybe I'm growing old.

So do we know why the Master/Missy left gallifrey?

Planet's fucked

Two stories.

According to one of the books, it was because it was too peaceful/boring.

According to another book, it was because the Master assassinated an important guy and had to run away.

If it's any consolation, I'm probably the oldest /who/re.

Doctor Who, in my opinion, should always be fun and entertaining, even if it seems a bit silly sometimes. I never take it too seriously, just enjoy it when it's on TV.

That said, some of my favourite stories have been the 'darker' ones.

Do you like Dalek vs Cybermen banter scene?

Its a way of avoiding the issue that no one seems to even attempt to kill an unarmed dude that talks too much.

fusion.net/interactive/361728/north-dakota-pyramid-on-the-prairie/

Source for ep 7's title?

Not particularly. But not a big fan of series 2 anyway. DESU I've only watched series 2 twice.

Monster of the day that actually wants to kill the doctor instead of standing awkwardly while he rambles W H E N

>it's an "user can't close his quotation marks properly" episode

>Always do an 'air' punch'
AND YOU TOO!

youtube.com/watch?v=IDDwDmvTuK0

Pray for my queen's brain

Why do you watch this shite?

Holy fuck I was sure Kris Marshall would be 13th Doctor.

When did Tom Rosenthal become a bookie's favorite for 13? He's 4th behind Kris, Phoebe Waller and David Harewood now.

>reaction video
>it's just her mouthbreathing for 27 minutes with the occaisional funny face

>Peter Dinklage guest stars as a scientist in Doctor Who

DESU I wouldn't complain if he's 13th Doctor.

Went to the Doctor Who experience on the weekend, bit disappointed it was all Capaldi desu.

It's cos the bookies are on /who/

IT'S KRIS MARSHALL

Source?

GOOGLE KRIS MARSHALL, IT'S HIM!!!

I think it's better when it's not used for significant events. That just feels more cheap, like in Forest of the Dead where it's obvious Moffat has wrote himself into a corner that he couldn't get out of without just having the Vashta Nerada give up.

MY ANUS

Extremis could be cool but my autism didnt allow me to enjoy that
That number generation shadow test is nonsense

>Minority female "comedian" companion
>LGBT and SAW pandering
>Still written by Moffat

When the new season started, I had consigned it to trash. How the fuck has it managed to be the best season of nu who we've had so far?

>comedian
What?

What's an SAW?

salty ass /who/re

>Psst, buddy, you know you're not real, right?
>OH MY GOD BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.............

She hated it.