Just watched this, yeah I know I'm late to this

Just watched this, yeah I know I'm late to this.

Nothing has really blown me away. Is it popular because it's good or because Monty died?

The former. It was popular before his death, but season 3 is where it picks up, and the plot really goes into motion.

my god, season 3 is where it all starts going to shit for everyone. Literally noone gets a happy ending

Neither. It's popular because of cute girls. And because you can easily imagine the interesting potential of the character dynamics because they're all based on strong archetypes. The show will never capitalize on them, though.

it's popular because it has cute girls in it. literally the only reason, esp in japan.

the animation, story, characters and writing are awful.

Neither. It's popular because people weeaboos have shit taste.

It's popular among the same type of tasteless retards that love Naruto. That's who this show appeals to.

That group and people who jack off to the characters, anyway.

tried to watch it cause of the dead fantasy series I loved, but it's utter shit

This

I pretty much only pay attention to this because of the fanart.

Sounds like Evangelion.

All three seasons?

It's a pretty meh tier show, but I grew attached to some of the characters more than I thought I would. It gets progressively better which gives me hope for a decent future for the franchise, but I'm not holding my breath.

No. Not even close. It doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence.

Best character

I tried watching it. Can't get into it from the deviantart-tier characters and PS2 graphics.

but user, she's dead now

I watched with a friend so we could poke fun at it.

She was retarded and I'm glad she's dead.

It's just a shame that it's so obvious they'll bring her back to life. There's gonna be a backup or some shit.

Poking fun at it is the only way one should ever watch rwby.

Indeed, RWBY is actually enjoyable. Plus I doubt anyone's gonna be paying Monty to keep remaking the last three episodes over and over, because, well, you know.

It's not really good or bad, it's just mindless fun.

Popular because the story/concept potential and also pretty girls in fight scenes which I'll admit to fapping to.

First two volumes are shit but 3rd volume is actually comparable to an average show now mostly (ironically) thanks to Monty passing away and forcing the studio to up their manpower.

I can't even recommend this as a brainless time waste because I won't wish that fucking amateur hour voice acting on anyone.

I feel like some of the better fight choreography died with Monty.

>better fight choreography died with Monty.
It did but sort of not. Monty knew how to make good fight choreography but he was mostly shit at how to actually "shoot" them in a "cinematic" sense. It's why if you pause a lot of his hyper fast fights you'll notice how there's barely any frames and the characters are mostly just waving their shit around because moving them that fast only ends up masking that fact.

Volume 3 did a lot better in actually showing off some of the more crucial fights and while I agree that some fights suffered for it, it's not like Volumes 1-2 didn't have shit fights either since Monty only had so much time to focus on the fights he wanted to do while others were left to pick up the pieces in a haphazard way.

Characters are nice and the fan art is great, but I just can't get into that fourth rate video game animation.

Roosterteeth and their strange obsession with getting stepped on.

AKA adding a disproportionate ratio of badass competent women to bumbling incontinent males

AKA waifus. Faux animu waifus.