Can someone who has gone to a therapist tell me whether they help or not with mental problems

can someone who has gone to a therapist tell me whether they help or not with mental problems

Play through the act correctly and they give you pills, and that's what actually helps

I can't afford a therapist.
My guess is that it depends.

>and that's what actually helps
if you're a junkie, maybe.

think of therapists as an added price to the medication
no-med therapists are useless

short answer: no
long answer: yes, if you let them do their job

but i was told that those pills fuck up your brain and make you incapable of emotion

my problem is that i pretty much am incapable of feeling any emotion already

I'm seeing a therapist and it helps me looking at my life from another perspective and how things could be different. The only thing that's not helping is that she's a qt and it saddens me we didn't meet in a different setting

I am returning from a therapist right now, it helps when Im suicidal. I am diagnosed with ASPD and paranoid schizophrenia. New therapist said that she feels uneasy in my company, I think Im gonna look for another one, gonna be my 25 so far

yes. and pills help as well.

>New therapist said that she feels uneasy in my company
That sounds like a fucked up thing to say desu.

I was only capable to feel emotions other than anxiety and fear after the pills.

Ritalian made me emotionally dead though so I guess it depends

It is yeah, screw her

>New therapist said that she feels uneasy in my company
lolwut?
Change therapists now. You're not the one supposed to treat your therapist.

I will

Try to ask for your money back, that's seriously unprofessional of her

At least she is honest, better that than being useless.
But by common decency she should reimburse you.

The short answer is: It depends

I say that, as there are several things to take into account, such as what your problem is and what you're looking to get out of therapy. I'm not aware of how the system is set up in Australia, but in the US it's divided into psychiatrists (able to prescribe medication) and clinical psychologists/therapists/counselors (not able to prescribe).

Regardless of who you see, therapy is dependent on you being open to it and wanting to do something about your situation. It also means understanding that most therapy doesn't work like some magic word or pill that suddenly cures all your problems immediately. Most therapy is built around providing you with the tools to solve your own problems and helping you to gain insight into what the root of your problems are.

Medication comes into play for certain mental problems that do not respond to therapy alone. Examples include things like depression or schizophrenia, where there is a known physiologic component to whatever is causing the issue. In some cases, that's all that's needed. In other cases, it's a band-aid that helps you be in a more capable frame of mind to tackle the problems in your life.

Finally, a lot of it is based on the connection you build with a therapist. It's ok to admit that you don't connect well with them and seek someone else. The reality is you're opening yourself up to someone else, so having a trusting relationship is important.

I saw a therapist for help in dealing with my anger and also for establishing better boundaries with my parents. Overall, I think it was very helpful for me and I've been able to make some positive changes in how I control my life and myself.

How fucked up do you have to be to unease a fucking psychiatrist, I'm pretty sure you made some kind of move on her you turbo sperg

No I didnt, just told her about my fucked up life, also t'was psychologyst, my psychiatrist and I are cool

It's her job to hear fucked up stories so that's not what scared her, how old is she? If she's 40+ you fucked up 100%

they don't help

Psychiatrist do
Psychologists don't

>implying
None of that shit helps desu.
OP ask Jesus to help senpai

Im way more messed up than your regular Joe with depression and anger issues. Example: I used to wander in my city at night deep in psychosis wanting to stab someone cause I heard a voice telling me that this way I will become God. Thats just one example.

Maybe she is used to normies talking about their midlife crisis and never had a case of our type yet

Or maybe user went full /r9k/ about women

i personally had a good experience with therapy and it helped me find solutions to a lot of my issues. i think to get more out of it you should think about what issues you want to talk about and write them down whenever you think about them between sessions.

>it's divided into psychiatrists (able to prescribe medication) and clinical psychologists/therapists/counselors (not able to prescribe)
it's the same here. i did end up getting medication after seeing a psychologist though, but it just meant she had to refer me to a doctor, who was then able to prescribe me stuff.

Jesus
Tell more, we can be your shrink

you have nothing to lose then, do it

>she had to refer me to a doctor
yes, most psychologists don't study medicine and only physicians are allowed legally to prescribe drugs
some psychiatrists study psychotherapy though, they can do both (prescribing drugs and therapy)

seriously replying, therapy is a "scam"
you're the only one who can change if you put effort into it. no one else can force you, not even with electroshocks
when you pay a therapist you pay him/her (why is it usually a "her", i wonder...) to say exactly what i said

I feel no higher emotions so I killed an animal when I was a kid to find out if I can feel something. Got nice adrenaline rush, same after setting a fire in a building.

Listening to and applying Jordan Peterson lectures have done more good for my life than I got from therapy or medication. I wish I wasn't a meme, but it is what it is.

you were diagnosed right
i wonder what's up with slavs being psychopaths...
do your pills help you with the voices? pls just quit taking them if you drink alcohol, never fucking ever mix them

my dad was an alcoholic and I was bullied for 5 years so hard that I stopped feeling anything and at age 12 ended up in asylum, first of five times

I hope you're LARPing right now cause this is some genuine psychopathic shit

No offence but how are you not in an asylum now? If you are a semi functioning adult after all that it's pretty amazing my dude.

It's free here in Sweden (tax paid bla bla) but all they do is write prescriptions with strong "happy pills".
>"oh you got asperger, social phobia and ocd mixed with anxiety attacks and paranoia?"
>"here eat these pills for a few weeks, you'll be fine"

Then you get addicted to strong medications for the rest of your life which all stops working after a while because you either get worse or build up a tolerance and bam you are worse off then before.
10/10 solution.

Oh and yeah pills help a bit
Im not larping.

I was in psych hospital few months ago. Now Im trying to function best I can

It pisses me off that an army of dumb psychologists are enforcing that kind of "solution" in Greece too. I've noticed several bloody family crimes (murder-suicide etc) are carried out by people who fell for the "therapy" meme. Retarded psych grads will prescribe a bunch of pills and instead of having a depressed person you know have a batshit crazy murdered or junkie.
We should only import good practices from the US, not crappy ones. 15 years ago only clinical cases would get medication.

ex's dad would do that, take antipsychotic pills with beer
last news i had he could barely hold his bowels, got completely fucked up until we cut his pills (wouldn't quit alcohol for anything in the world, damn)
as for psychopathy, it has no cure. if you weren't schizophrenic you could have took a well-disciplined career like soldier and be fully functional. pity you have criminal/medical record, just do your best and keep posting nonetheless
shitposting on an anonymous chinese shadowplay board is therapy too, somewhat

Thanks, Im glad I have you guys.
Also I dont drink