ITT: your dad's favorite movie

ITT: your dad's favorite movie

i'm embarrased about mine

I'm proud of him seeing as we both share favourite kino.

I literally have no clue.

Star Wars/Indiana Jones is a maybe.
Possibly a Western with Clint Eastwood?

>i talk to my parents

spotted the whitey

Tombstone

What's wrong with Porky's? It's one of those core 80s coming of age raunchy stories that could NEVER be made today

It's an enjoyable and fun comedy i like it a lot, but having it be your favorite film is a little juvenile, i myself would rather name something like taxi driver or Saló

My dad's a smart guy.

I still have never done my Wallace Shaw impression for him.

He would always claim Lawrence of Arabia but I don't think he was that smart. I did catch him watching it once though. Maybe it really was.

We'd actually go see a lot of films together after I was out of school and he was retired. Two Towers, Return to the King, Serenity, etc. The last film we saw together was The Bourne Legacy. We agreed it was meh, but because of the script and not the actors or action scenes. Then he got cancer and died. Cherish your fathers, even of they like Porky's.

>unsurprising-tier

Guess his nationality

Cuban?

Either this or Avatar

Puerto Rican

You sound like a fag. Favorite movies don't have to equal movies you think are the best.

At least we can find our dad

Big fish

pretty baby

Close, Mexican, we have a hard on for this movie over here in case you guys didn't know.

My dad is best dad.

dad : once upon a time in the west
mom : barry lindon

so quite patrician

Porky's is fucking great from time to time. can't imagine watching it all the time though.

My dad's favorite film was Drive.
I'll always remember him as a fucking pleb

Rocky IV, I guess.

I can kinda understand why.

I think it is anyway. He definitely likes it a lot

Dad watches Band of Brothers and Pacific and watches the two series in the war's chronological order.

Porky's is awesome, kys you fucking faggot.

Pretty sure my dads favorite movie is Blazing Saddles

this and Where Eagles Dare

Feels good knowing you'll be a dad with patrician taste.
When I become a father, that is.
Not right now.

unironcally

Fast & Furious the 1st one

Probably some John Wayne movie.

only time I saw him cry including at his moms death bed

Where Eagles Dare is criminally underrated Eastwood kino

>tfw I'll raise my kid watching kino instead of flicks
>i'll raise them playing genuinely good games and reading good books instead of mainstream forgettable bullshit

based life

The Pursuit of Happyness

My dad's favorite movie was Titanic. Yes, Cameroon's.

And my mom's fave was a tie Dr. Zhivago and Lawrance of Arabia, she said she couldn't really decide which one she liked more.

R.I.P Dad.

Rio Bravo

I think latin america in general has a hard on for that movie

>I'll raise them playing games
Don't do that, it's basically child abuse.

>genuinely good games

So checkers and chess?

Big Lebowski. He doesn't like to watch movies too many times though, even this one, "so they don't become stale".

Terminator 2

He thinks he's badass like Arnold and puts "bad to the bone" stickers all over his motorcycles and muscle cars

Deus Ex, Strife, VTMB, Alpha Protocol. Stuff like that.

Funny, my dad hated that movie. I think his word were "I stopped watching when that weird robot came out. What the hell was that?"

Die Hard or Rocky IV or First Blood II

Teenage pregnancy I presume.

Weirdly enough, Porkys is one of my mom's favorite movies. I bought her it and the sequel a couple Christmases ago

I'm okay with this

this, and it's infuriating how much he rewatches this fucking thing. Funny maybe the first 4 times, but not the 50th.

Jamican?

My dad is pretty boss

Ask your dad if he does the "T-800 rise" while in the shower.

Whats funny is thats what you people think the american dream is suppose to be!

Imagine being 8 years old and your dad trying to explain this movie to you.

>"As you can see, Bowser is really mad at Cliff Vandercave... Flintstone's boss."

Patrician taste.

guess my dad's more patrician than your dad!

Patrician

grandpa fought at Iwo Jima, dad was marine in Vietnam.

They used to watch this movie together all of the time when I was little.

I consider favorite movies, something I can watch over and over and over again and still love it, and still find new fun things after every watch, even if they are very guilty pleasures.

A lot of movies I consider kino I couldn't stomach watching more than a few times, and then I would drop it forever, or a very long time.

You dad probably feels comfy watching Porky's and it brings him a lot of memories without feeling exhausted about rewatching, no shame in either of those.

Damn, that's some top tier daddery. Mine waited until I was 14 at least. Mines pretty good with the movies which i'm thankful for, he always comes back to this though.

fuck yeah, saw this for the first time a few months back and was amazed at how much I enjoyed it.

I will play Indiana Jones theme at his funeral
I dont even give a fuck, my dad is my fucking hero

Never watched it

Dear god man.

Well I guess I woke up in the middle of the night while my mom was out of town so I got to watch it with him. didn't understand one fucking moment of it, but it was a nice feeling to have that moment.

You know it, user
But I do want them to have discipline and be smart.
I wont allow my children to be illiterate retards. Reading at a 2nd grade reading level in highschool.
Fuck. That.
So besides showing them kino, I'll raise them right.

Every time he watches it he recalls the time he saw it in theater and when he came out he jumped on his Honda bike and zipped out down a street with the cherry blossoms falling over him like that scene in the movie

Good taste, best Indiana Jones film.

My name was almost Butch.

Salo? What made it favorite for you? All the homo shit, shit eating shit, pointless violence shit and evil characters for sake of being evil and shocking? What kind of retard actually enjoys that kind of faggotry.

He was in the Canadian army reserves doing maneuvers in Yuma at the time of this movie's release, and when on leave him and a couple squadmates went to the town and were trying to get into seeing it. IT was being protested outside by hippie burn outs including vietnam vets for inciting the Soviets. They saw dad and tried to block him and his friends. A couple of US Marines saw it go down and they joined in the the hippie beatdown. Dad and the marines went and watched the movie and hit the bar after.

Patrician

hope you'll live up to his legacy.

>Never watched it
Dont. Jimmy Caan dies and the nigger lives. Totally unrealistic kino

patrician dad

Discovery Channel, man.

I think he'd shrug his shoulders if I asked about favorite movie.

This

He loved westerns in general

My dads favourite film is "Gregory's girl", some quaint Scottish film since that's where he's from. It is actually quite a nice film, he gets drunk af and sticks on it a few times a year.

Same here

probably some gay italian horror film